Minecraft PS4

PlayStation Plus November Sneak Peek: Free Hydrophobia Prophecy and More

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Oct 31, 2011 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

It’s time once again to have a look at upcoming PlayStation Plus content! PlayStation Plus is a subscription service that gives you access to free games, discounts on new and classic titles, and access to exclusive features of the network, all for just over $4 a month. And this November, we’re rolling out access to amazing content that you’ll want to be a part of. To learn more about this, or get access to PlayStation Plus, either click here, or go the PlayStation Store on your PS3 console and go to the PlayStation Plus category.

Hydrophobia PS Plus Header

Starting 11/1, enjoy free access to Hydrophobia Prophecy! Note that this is day and date with the release of the game. Free for the entire month for Plus subscribers, this action adventure uses the power of HydroEngine – the world’s first fluid dynamics engine for games – to engage in mind blowing flow combat and incredible physics based puzzles. This is also the definitive version of this title complete with PlayStation Move support, a redone backstory, a dramatic new ending, improved voice acting, and a ton of additional features.

We’re also rolling out some classic Crash Bandicoot love with several Crash PSone Classics available for free downloads throughout the month. Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3, along with CTR: Crash Team Racing are all available for the better part of November starting 11/1.

Free PS minis are also on deck with Rumble Trucks and the charming Where is my Heart? free through the month. In the last half of November, look forward to grabbing Doodle Fit, the best-selling puzzle game, free as well.

Lastly, you may have seen today’s earlier note on the special Plus subscription offer in which you can sign up for Plus and receive Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4) free when it released on 11/15. Subscribing already? You’re not left out! Existing subscribers are eligible by purchasing a 1 year Plus subscription between 11/1 – 11/8 and receive Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4) free when it drops on 11/15; thereby extending their current subscription end date. Retail cards from online sites and stores will work too, but you need to make sure you redeem those codes in the PlayStation Store within the 11/1 – 11/8 timeframe.

There will be a number of other discounts and content throughout the month, many of which will be announced via the PlayStation Store Update. Please keep in mind these are expected games and discounts for Plus. Some content outlined may be subject to change. Release dates are also subject to change. With that in mind, have a look at the expected Plus content to hit this month! Let us know your thoughts in the comments, or hit the PlayStation Forums to chat more about Plus with PlayStation Network’s Morgan Haro / mochuuu.

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Purchase a 1 year subscription by clicking here. By purchasing online, you’ll receive a redemption code immediately after purchase via email.

Here is the content list for November 2011 as of 10/31.

PS Plus - Coming Soon - NEW

Free PSN Games and DLC: Hydrophobia: Prophecy (11/1)
Free PSone Classics: Crash Bandicoot (11/1)
Crash Bandicoot 2 (11/1)
Crash Bandicoot3: Warped (11/1)
CTR: Crash Team Racing (11/1)
Free Minis: Rumble Trucks (11/1)
Where is my Heart (11/8)
Doodle Fit (11/15)
Full Game Trials: MORTAL KOMBAT VS DC UNIVERSE DIGITAL (11/1)
MONOPOLY STREETS (11/8)
Hasbro Family Game Night 3 Full Game Trial (11/15)
Exclusive Discounts: Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4) – 20% off – (11/15)
Free Themes: Robots Dynamic Theme (11/1)
Free Avatars Green Hat Penguin Avatar (11/15)
Raccoon Avatar (11/15)
Red Ornament Avatar (11/15)
Snow Monster Avatar (11/15)
Turkey Leg Avatar (11/15)
Media: Qore Episode 42 – November Early Access

+ xxThe_Fuhrer-xx on October 31st, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

NIce. I using my free month of Plus that came with my PS3 and can’t wait to try out this free game. Also, thanks for having Crash for freeeee. Haven’t played that since I was a kid on my PS.

+ bonxo8480 on October 31st, 2011 at 4:12 pm said:

AWESOME!!!!!! Can’t wait for tomorrow update.

+ Vortuminius on October 31st, 2011 at 4:29 pm said:

CRASH FOR FREE?! YEAH BUDDY :D

+ LordRaoh on October 31st, 2011 at 5:14 pm said:

DC Universe

+ LordRaoh on October 31st, 2011 at 5:18 pm said:

submitted too soon..

DC Universe? Where is it?

I was a bit surprised that you would have DC Universe release on the same day as Uncharted, but I’m not seeing it on the release list…

+ hush404 on October 31st, 2011 at 5:19 pm said:

Oh wow. I was getting HP anyways, now to have it free is AWESOME!

+ BluePhenix1115 on October 31st, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

are you guys idiots? this is stuff for plus. DC universe isnt exclusive for plus or anything.

+ AwRy108 on October 31st, 2011 at 5:48 pm said:

Once again, another great month for Plus–keep it up!

+ MX_soldat on October 31st, 2011 at 6:59 pm said:

and what about ps2 classics? I want Call of Duty 2 is the only one I need for my collection

+ DragonWolfJD on October 31st, 2011 at 8:12 pm said:

Thinking I won’t bother getting + for this account when the other one runs out. Between my big backlog and seeing crap games like Hydrophobia listed I’m turned off now. I agree with coconutshinobi on this one worst update in a long time. Maybe even the worst update ever.

+ MAXIMO273 on October 31st, 2011 at 8:18 pm said:

I was just going to buy Crash Bandicoot 2 the other day.

Heres my issue though. Just 3 days prior to the Jurassic Park deal being announced i had just bought into Playstation Plus. I think it’s kind of ridiculous that i would have to extend my subscriptions just 3 days later in order to even qualify for that promotion. Is there something that can be done about this.

+ NateDtail91 on October 31st, 2011 at 8:53 pm said:

Can you clarify the Jurassic Park requirements on PS+ members who added another year before the release of the game. Is their a chance for subscribers who are continuing their service to take part of this promotion? I subscribed within the first month the service launched and renewed on October 25 for another year. Will their be love for PS+ subscribers like me?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 1st, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

I’m afraid this is strictly for people add more time to their Plus subscription / join Plus during 11/1 – 11/8. Getting JP free for all Plus members just wasn’t possible, but instead of nothing, we figured we would work out a deal where it would be free for those who add more time.

+ ElSuicid0 on October 31st, 2011 at 8:59 pm said:

Lets hope the last half of the month is way better. Last 2 months were pretty decent and this list is just falling flat on your faces. Arent the point of these posts to inform and draw in new people? I guess thats why New members get the jurassic park cause nobodys gonna sign up based solely on that list.

+ ZalAamir on October 31st, 2011 at 9:01 pm said:

“Subscribing already? You’re not left out! Existing subscribers are eligible to add more time to their Plus subscription and receive Jurassic Park: The Game – Full Series (Episodes 1-4) free when it drops on 11/15″

i’m already a subscriber, and my subscription runs till 2013,i think.

if i want to be eligible for this offer/promo, when do i have to extend my subscription?
(example: if i extend my subscription today-1/11/2011 will i be eligible for this promo?)

or do i have to extend my subscription AFTER the game is released?
or a week before it’s released?

appreciate more info.

thanks!

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 1st, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

You must extend your sub by 1 year between 11/1 – 11/8. Hope that helps! We’re updating the post with that info now.

+ ZalAamir on October 31st, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

sorry for the double post;
just read Morgan haro’s note and:

“Special note: This offer also includes purchases of PlayStation Plus retail cards from online sites and stores, but you’ll need to make sure you redeem those codes in the PlayStation Store within the 11/1 – 11/8 timeframe. This is only available for purchases of one-year Plus subscriptions”

so i’ll just purchase an extended subscription within that period.

thanks for the free game xD

ours to keep,too :D

PS. will we receive an in-XMB message confirming we’d be receiving this title(once we continue our subscription)?

would be helpful if there is one.(at least we know, and will not be left in the dark til the last minute)

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 1st, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

Yep the XMB code will contain the voucher code to click on to get to the free game

+ HongoXIII on October 31st, 2011 at 9:20 pm said:

Man I love PlayStation Plus. People who don’t have it really need to consider it, the value is there and it well pays for itself in not even a month’s time.

Thanks, Grace and everyone involved with the content!

+ LeeorV on October 31st, 2011 at 10:46 pm said:

I prolonged my subscription by a year yesterday (I previously had the initial year + 3 months + 2 months free due to the outage) in order to get the “Spend 60$ during october!” offer, am I eligible for the free game?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 1st, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

I’m afraid it’s only for those who purchase a 1 year Plus sub during 11/1 – 11/8.

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 31st, 2011 at 11:39 pm said:

Long Live Play :)

+ bendchester on November 1st, 2011 at 12:11 am said:

great

+ zeonfollower on November 1st, 2011 at 12:33 am said:

When is Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII going to make appearance in Playstation Store? I’m waiting my whole life for that one particular game so I can buy it!

+ time17 on November 1st, 2011 at 2:58 am said:

i would like to see all the ratchet and clank on the store or remastered and add trophies

+ Alyyse on November 1st, 2011 at 4:01 am said:

Qore is always good

+ mgsnull617 on November 1st, 2011 at 4:59 am said:

Cool Stuff!!! I wanna join now CTR rocks and so does crash

+ Rigoni-FC on November 1st, 2011 at 5:11 am said:

Crash Rulez

+ axehappy123 on November 1st, 2011 at 6:03 am said:

Will that extend plus membership / get Jurassic Park for free be available for UK plus members as well? There are hardly ever any updates on the Plus content on the EU blog.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 1st, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

This blog covers primarily US and NA only; I’m afraid I don’t have any insight on UK Plus offerings at this time.

+ Joker-Kun890 on November 1st, 2011 at 6:23 am said:

Grace Chen is quite possibly the most useless Sony employee alive.

+ SerenityNAnarchy on November 1st, 2011 at 6:39 am said:

First time poster. I looove Playstation Plus. When you play as much as I do (going through a game a week) you save a ton of money with Plus. My first 3 months I got Crash Commando, Comix Zone, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Plants Vs. Zombies, Astro Tripper, Costume Quest, Elemental Monsters, Burn Zombie Burn and Dead nation not to mention the first 3 Resident Evils and a boat load of minis and Ps One Games. With my discount I have bought Under Siege, Burnout Paradise, and God of War. Definetly worth the value. Keep up the good work! Only request more RPG’S and discounts on old retail games! I just bought my PS3 a couple months ago and there’s a bunch of older games I would love to play. Also for the record those complaining about getting repeats on free games why don’t you head over to 360 where you can pay 50 bucks a year just to play online and get nothing for free then complain.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 1st, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

Appreciate the comment and glad you’re enjoying Plus!

+ burningwind on November 1st, 2011 at 7:50 am said:

Only real complaint is a flooding the first week and then not much coming through the rest of the month. And all Crash Bandicoot. Bit more variety would be cooler. Still cool nonetheless.

+ krae_man on November 1st, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

The free holiday avatar looks like the “Forever Alone” guy.

+ avanfreak23 on November 1st, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

WHERE IS CRASH BASH ??

+ ScarReaper83 on November 1st, 2011 at 10:21 am said:

i already have PS+ do i get jurassic park free or do i have to extend my membership to get the game for free?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 1st, 2011 at 10:49 am said:

You must extend your sub by 1 year between 11/1 – 11/8 to get it free. Otherwise, you’ll be able to snag it at a 20% discount when it releases.

+ leila59 on November 1st, 2011 at 10:56 am said:

I’m so glad Hydrophobia is free with PS+. They left XBLA users in the cold with only the Pure version (don’t know who’s to blame, the dev or MS).

+ eyevee-exex on November 1st, 2011 at 11:36 am said:

I am curious, why have the updates stopped happening in the morning. I used to get up at 10-11 am and my games and such would be ready to go, so why is it that I now have to wait until late afternoon for updates? Is there something keeping you from releasing in the mornings?

Also, why do you always skirt the questions about DCUO. They made an announcement that it would be available today, yet sony will not post any news on it, and all that does is make me want to play a game less because I, as well as everyone else waiting for DCUO are being jerked around and not being told anything concrete.

+ eyevee-exex on November 1st, 2011 at 11:42 am said:

@BluePhenix1115 I ask about DCUO on every post about the store I can (I miss some) because they will not give us any new information, and simply ignore us. I have seen Mods posting actively on a thread in response to people, but completely ignoring the DCUO questions, as if they want to deny the fact that it even exists. I love how the customer service here works, instead of answering a question they may or may not want to, they completely ignore the people asking it and hope they will go away. Not a good way to treat customers, but they don’t seem to care.

+ eyevee-exex on November 1st, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

btw, customer support tells me they can’t answer any of my questions either, they told me to ask on the blog and forums.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 1st, 2011 at 1:16 pm said:

I don’t have any news on DCUO; and CS is there for technical support issues, not content availability issues. Stay tuned to the blog for more news as it comes.

+ Welmosca on November 1st, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

OMG OMG cant believe what a damn unlucky…I’m not a PS+…and also I actually do not have money to be a PS+ subscriber….for God I’m sad…I want so bad all Crash Games.

+ ElBarba on November 1st, 2011 at 2:02 pm said:

Hi Morgan, if i want to renew my subscription for more than a year but i dont want JP for free, is the 3month free available right know? or i have to wait? Thanks

+ Joker-Kun890 on November 1st, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

Thanks for the response Morgan!

+ Zoidzerg on November 1st, 2011 at 2:51 pm said:

Always amusing how every month someone definitively says it is the worst PS+ month ever.

Clearly the worst month ever is whatever month I dub the worst month!

Mockery aside, I have no familiarity with the PSN and Mini’s but the PS1 games are certainly nothing to scoff at. PS1 is generally the feature I am the least enthusiastic about but this is definitely some good stuff.

Hope the rest of the freebies compare!

+ TJF588 on November 1st, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

Still have CTR from some other update, but having access to the full-&-right Bandicoots ought to be interesting. Doodle Fit seems to get a good rep (why I haven’t sought it out on my iDevice yet… well, actually, that’s because I have too many things on it as-is), and Where Is My Heart is double-teaming me with a pretentious name and pixelated graphics. My weaknesses! Still haven’t played my PC copy of Hydrophobia (ah, the good times of Jim Sterling railing on the developers back at the XBLA launch), so maybe having a controller in hand on a most-dedicated gaming machine will get me to try it.

And…that about covers it. Anticipating that robots theme, and I’m always a sucker for avatars, but as said elsewhere, I’ll be skimping out on JP:TG thanks to the Deluxe Edition straight from Telltale Games.

+ TerraAshura on November 2nd, 2011 at 12:09 am said:

Gotta say, nice touch kicking it off with a whole Naughty Dog lineup to celebrate Uncharted 3’s release. I already had the first and third, but I’ve been itching to pick up the rest and this is the perfect excuse to do so.

+ janus80 on November 2nd, 2011 at 5:24 am said:

Still holding out hope for FF6 PSOne classic. Also, is there a way to view when my PS+ subscription expires?

+ bonxo8480 on November 2nd, 2011 at 6:47 am said:

I am having issues with Hydrophobia freezing up, is there any word on this? Is it a known issue? I downloaded and installed twice already but keeps going to a black screen when i start the game and it wont let me quit i have to do a hard reboot to get out of it. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

+ bonxo8480 on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:01 am said:

Nevermind, got it working. WTH this doesn’t support 1080? Really?

+ Afi83 on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:35 pm said:

if i buy the playstation plus for a year, do i get to keep the crash games after my year expires and i dont renew?

+ MattMo826 on November 3rd, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

I just renewed my plus membership but the expiration date on my games hasnt reflected this yet. Will the experation date change to reflect that i have payed for another year?

+ houndog9792 on November 3rd, 2011 at 1:16 pm said:

I have been trying to get this game to load but it doesn’t start and I can’t get a straight answer if this is only for the playstation move . I have uninstalled it and reinstalled and still no go please help anyone reading this let me know ! Thanks !

+ martin-cloud on November 10th, 2011 at 4:57 pm said:

hello i buy a year subscription the 03/11/11, and dont receive the XMB message about the code:

+ Morgan Haro on November 1st, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

was a error of PSN?

+ CaptainHowdy72 on November 11th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

like said elsewhere, PS2 classics for Plus would be freak’n sweet, but… it seems like I always get screwed, I already have most of the games that have been offered for Plus since i’ve had it. Yes, there are a few here and there, like Hydrophobia, but like the free games everyone got from the outage, I have ALL of them too.
I would like to see a way that if a Plus member already has the game(s) in question, then something of equal or slightly lesser value be offered. I’m at the point now where I dont want to buy anything off PSN.

Also, the full game downloads should be priced to reflect that of those in the brick and mortar stores,
Black Ops I can get new for $35, why pay $60 and lose my hdd space. Tiger Woods Masters, I can get for $30 – $40, not $60

+ fire2box on November 27th, 2011 at 11:33 pm said:

When will Hydrophobia be removed? I just Bought two 1 year PS+ cards today, but my black friday PS3 silm bundle won’t be here until like the first week of December. I’d really like to be able to get hydrophobia considering im a PS+ member until late nov 2013. :D