The Last Guardian

Nov 02

ps home redesign

PlayStation Home Redesign Coming This Thursday

Locust_Star's Avatar Posted by Locust_Star on Nov 02, 2011 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

The next stage of PlayStation Home‘s evolution will arrive on your PS3 this Thursday, November 3rd. This enormous update integrates games, quests, community events and user-generated content, while providing players with additional navigation, shopping, socialization, and entertainment options.

This massive PlayStation Home redesign will launch with a number of new, free-to-play games, including:

• Bootleggers ’29: Set in the seedy underbelly of the Roaring Twenties, this PlayStation Home exclusive first-person shooter found in the Action District pits cops vs. criminals in a Prohibition-era game of Capture the Cask. Boasting real-time multiplayer action, a variety of vintage weapons and unlockable rewards, and the unique ability to play as your PlayStation Home avatar, Bootleggers ’29 is a 100% free-to-play game that introduces a classic narrative to the modern shooter genre.
  • PlayStation Home Hold ‘Em: A series of backroom poker tables hosted in the brand new Sportswalk district, PlayStation Home Hold ‘Em squares players off in a no-holds-barred, winner-take-all battle of the bluffs. Only the best of the best will progress to the high stakes tables and collect all the prizes in this free version of the wildly-popular Texas Hold ‘Em card game.
  • PlayStation Home Sports Trivia: Test your sports expertise against the PlayStation Home community and unlock a series of themed rewards in this massive sports trivia game, found in the Sportswalk. Packed with over 10,000 trivia questions, this game will challenge the memories of even the most die-hard sports fans.
  • RC Rally: Build and customize your own remote controlled car and race against friends over multiple courses, performing stunts and tricks and unlocking numerous upgrades along the way. This fast-paced PlayStation Home original game can be found in the new Pier Park.
  • Cogs: A 3D version of Lazy 8 Studios award-winning Steampunk puzzle game, Cogs can be found in PlayStation Home’s new Hub. Build a variety of machines from sliding tiles and unlock exclusive PlayStation Home rewards in this highly-addictive puzzler.

PlayStation Home: Bootleggers '29

Bootleggers ’29 in PlayStation Home

PlayStation Home: Home Hold 'Em

Home Hold ‘Em

PlayStation Home: RC Rally

RC Rally in PlayStation Home

PlayStation Home: Cogs

Cogs in PlayStation Home

Your adventure will start at the Hub, which hosts a featured game front-and-center, an Activity Board that includes a robust questing and events system, and stores packed with games, personal spaces, and avatar enhancements. From there, players can navigate to genre-based Districts that are packed with exclusive games and content served up according to each player’s interests, style and game preference. The following game Districts and redesigned core spaces will be available tomorrow:

• Action District: A gathering place for hardcore gamers, the Action District has a gritty, urban feel reminiscent of a first-person shooter level and provides a direct travel point to action and horror games. Visit the Action District this Thursday to play two classic PlayStation Home Total Game Integration events that allow players to unlock content in Killzone 3 and Dead Island.
  • Sportswalk: The Sportswalk has an exciting outside-the-stadium feel with instant major league sports scores, headlines and highlights and sports-themed games.
  • Adventure District: At the launch of the PlayStation Home redesign, the Adventure District will present the UNCHARTED 3: Fortune Hunter total game integration event, providing a third-person adventure experience including a partial recreation of the Yemen level from UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception multiplayer mode and a cover-based shooting system complete with weapons and gameplay inspired by the hit series. Players can earn unlockable content that can be used in the Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Blu-Ray Disc game as well as additional PlayStation Home rewards.
  • Pier Park: A waterfront boardwalk leads players to carnival, puzzle, outdoor and arcade games. Take a ride on the Pier Park Ferris wheel or visit the arcade for more games.
  • PlayStation Home Theater: The PlayStation Home Theater sports an ultra-modern architectural design and hosts a wide range of videos programmed specifically for PlayStation gamers, including episodes of Pulse and Qore, trailers and interviews from the PlayStation Blog, and exclusive user-generated videos in the popular Community Theater.
  • PlayStation Home Mall: The all-new PlayStation Home Mall is loaded with thousands of pieces of content from some of the most popular game and entertainment IPs in the world. Shop for PlayStation Home games, extravagant personal spaces, costumes, clothing items and other avatar enhancements, and tons more in the redesigned Mall.
  • PlayStation Home Hub

PS Home: Action District

PlayStation Home: Sportswalk

PlayStation Home: Play Pier

With more than 230 ready-to-play games, upwards of 10,000 virtual items, and new community events happening every day of the week, PlayStation Home is the place that the PlayStation community gathers to play a wide range of games with their friends. Whether you are a seasoned member of the community or someone that hasn’t visited PlayStation Home in a while, never has there been a better time to come into PlayStation Home join up with our community of millions of passionate PlayStation gamers.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ LilRican on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:03 am said:

I was In the Beta!

+ gothicknight67 on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

opps 2 privates lol

+ gothicknight67 on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:23 am said:

Also Locust_Star
more steam punk virtual items plz ,its huge now, the steam punk popularity that is

+ PaperCarrier on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:33 am said:

I was invited to private BETA early in October but I passed and waited for the final product. Can’t wait! :)

+ IceCreamBandit on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:41 am said:

Games are meant to be fun. Things you can play for your own entertainment or play with friends to enhance the experience if you so choose. The way they make you feel is the reward. Keeping yourself from that for the sole reason that because you don’t get a *ding!* Trophy! so you won’t play it seems a bit silly honestly.

The gamers with the most trophies doesn’t win. The gamers who enjoys themselves the most win.

+ aero_oceana on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

I loved being a part of the beta! It was a very cool experience. I will definitely lament the death of the plaza and the mall though. Lots of memories there where I met the majority of my closest friends. Will definitely have to take some pictures tonight to make sure I never forget what the plaza looked like. RIP!

+ Ra-Ausar on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

From first hand experience with being part of the private beta (btw: really appreciate the opportunity), I am in love with the redesign of Home. It’s truly an amazing update that many Home users old and new will enjoy. I can’t wait to see what’s in store in the coming weeks and months ahead.

Awesome Job Home Team!

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:53 am said:

Good to see you, Ra!

+ TheDodgyGeezah on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:51 am said:

a huge thank you to all who have done so much,for so many, but with so little thanks and recognition for their hard work. i take my hat off to you people! thanks for making (most) of my spare time an enjoyable home experience. just wished id signed up on blog 3 years ago. i look like a noob all over again. lols.

+ Kalysm on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

I was in Beta for this and, since then, my favorite apartment (Rapture Metro) has been screwed up such that I can’t even access it without it freezing up, yet you are releasing the build. I posted my issue on the forums with no response. Maybe the issue is unrelated to Beta, and the new build will actually fix this problem that hasn’t affected any of my other apartments, but it’s frustrating to have you guys working on something completely new without even addressing when and if the current bugs will be fixed. This isn’t a trolling post, but I just don’t care about anything to do with Home until my apartment is fixed.

+ E-Matic on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:54 am said:

Everything looks great!

When can we watch a tv from our personal space to share with our friends? That would be awesome.
Would be nice to watch netflix or content saved on our hard drive with some friends in the personal space.
Been waiting for that ever since i saw that displayed when Home first came out.

+ crazy_kracker1 on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:56 am said:

can some one answer if we have central plaza in your favorites will it stay or be gone come tomorrow???

+ PatricioUSA on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

I hope those games come with trophies =)

+ SkyShadowNinja91 on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

Beta was good. Most memorable part was when i tried to lose at texas holdem 3 times by going all-in but won all 3 of them lol. Thanks Glasswalls for the awesome beta! I was shocked when i saw that home has there own fps.

+ stevev363 on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

BRING IT!!! Spectacular news L_S, so ready for the new adventure district! If it’s as good as the other spaces then this will be a completely satisfying makeover. Glad to know ther will be more core updates to look forward to as well! Can we possibly see the Capcom sky lounge in the future? I would love to have that come to us too, the space is epic and would be a nice gathering spot. 8)

+ BrettMartin90 on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

will we still hve tha bowling nd some of the old stuff or no

+ Hitmanwwe on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:20 am said:

you guys had to bring it out thursday when i work 5am all the way to 7PM :( dammmm now im going to be going crazy at work waiting to gett off to play on home

+ Ethereal on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

This looks great. One step closer to getting home where it needs to be. Looking forward to the redesign.

+ vcotson on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:25 am said:

The beta was awesome! can’t wait till tomorrow! yahooooo! hey LS, any chance of a new bowling ally? :)

+ arnoldmcguire335 on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

EPIC! Thanks for the update that by tomorrow, it’s new!

I can’t wait to tell my friend about this! because me and my gal pal met before in home. ah, the memories…

Now me and her are excited to go there. see you tomorrow there!

+ Conaaando on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

It looks amazing. :-)

+ TheGuardianFID on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:45 am said:

The Beta was great, thanks Locust, I can’t wait!!! 8)

+ Sneeches on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

Was in the beta and its a nice refreshing change. Can’t wait for it to go live so everyone can enjoy it!!

+ machinextreme on November 2nd, 2011 at 10:53 am said:

+ DCS-Tekken on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:04 am said:

Well seems like Tomarrow will be a Big Day!

I hear there are gonna be Tons of Item’s in the Mall On Sale? But Are there going to be any FREE item’s in The Mall as well?

U Know we Like FREE stuff…. HA HA HA!

Oh Yeah!

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on November 2nd, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

Yep. We’ll be hiding free items in the Mall as well!

+ EagerSnake on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:09 am said:

Thank you very much for answer me a few post behind Locust, it’s great to know that you actually read the messages ;)

See you tomorrow on Home!

Eager Snake.

+ PhillyManOfSteel on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

First I would just like to thank all the wonderful programmers at Sony for creating such an amazing Gaming Social place for us all to enjoy on the PSN :)

2 Questions!

Will there finally be Checker Boards inn the new Home?

You have Chess boards why not my favorite Checkers?

Seconds Question!

Are there any plans for a Full Casino in Home someday?

With all the same games you would see at a real Vegas casino like Poker,Craps,Black Jack, roulette Wheel,Baccarat,Keno, Joker Video Poker, Slots and so on?

You could win tokens which could then be used in the Mall in Home :)

I would love this in Home someday!

+ Sobe121 on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

are the ps hold em games gonna be like the pool in the old plaza, where you have to wait a LONGGGG time for an open spot?…also can you have private games?

+ Neil on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:23 am said:

The avatars need to be re created. The current ones are just so lifeless

+ nin513 on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:26 am said:

sweet, one question…where did that girl get that shirt in the picture of the sports walk? the girl under the NHL poster?

+ storwolf on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:44 am said:

locus please tell me, cuterridge estate, still be in the store, is that demand playsation network cards are rare and not had time to buy one

+ keniken on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:54 am said:

1stly, thanks for the Beta invite, I have always liked Home ever since it was available.
2nd, Poker is awesom and I love the sensible changes that have been made.
Cheers all.

+ SpeedRacer1955 on November 2nd, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

You guys blow my mind. Redesign the CP again and then you release it before its Birthday… I love the fact that you keep listening and adapting Home to be more user friendly every week.

I was planning on Dec 15th being close to the Anniversary of the Open Beta.

+ GibbShift on November 2nd, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

What type of content will be streaming inside of the Sports Walk again? If it’s actual pro sports games, I’ll eat my hat.

+ Darth_Chaos09 on November 2nd, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

I just wanted to say THANK YOU Home crew for this new update.

I quit Home long ago because I was tired of signing into a virtual Facebook world. My PS3 had become a social medium rather than a gaming device… but now all that can change, with this one simple(rather LARGE) update. I love how Home is going to be a GAMING platform rather than just a social platform. I remember signing into Home wishing I could meet a gamer to play my favorite online game with, and instead I get swarmed by people who don’t even know what “RPG” stands for, much less that it’s a gaming genre.

Simply put, I look forward to entering Home to finally meet gamers… not 12 year-olds taking a break from CoD xP

Again, thank you Playstation Home miracle workers ^_^

+ ItsG_Baby on November 2nd, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

PS Home is a waste of time if you ask me. Why can’t Sony use their “creative ideas” to change the XMB interface. It was cool that it looked like the PSP but come on 6 years later and its still the same…or at least combine PS Home with the XMB….I’m sure that’s possible because Playstation3 can do Anything.

+ xxThe_Fuhrer-xx on November 2nd, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

AWESOME. I knew it was gonna be soon but not this soon lol. Can’t wait to walk around and walk around the Action District. Thanks Sony. Always will be a fan since I was a kid

+ Deathspear666 on November 2nd, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

REALLY SONY??!! You got all this time and money to re-design Home but you can’t even fix the XMB, the browser or install Flash….pffft sad

+ WaveLightning777 on November 2nd, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

Oh good, I’ll finally be able to talk about it all! I’ve been dying to talk about how amazing it is!

+ Talgron on November 2nd, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

Home isn’t going to change it’s going to be the same thing with the same problems minus central plaza. It’s still going to be plagued with people who don’t know what RPGs are and the only game they have ever played is Cawwa Dooty or (insert generic shooter game here). This update isn’t going to bring gamers back to home, that ship done sailed. The best home can do now is try to embrace the casual players and get them in. Also I don’t think there was a party in Aurora either, maybe I missed it but I went there on and off, seemed the same as usual.

+ LilRican on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:04 am said:

And to all the rest of home members welcome to the hub! it’s really a nice change! :)

+ ItsNymo on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:08 am said:

Can’t wait for the doors to open to all! I’ve been enjoying the beta (within a beta, betaception!) and looking forward to having it finally coming to everyone! I think both existing Home players and those skeptical may find themselves enjoying all the new content!

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

A special thanks goes out to yourself and all the other private beta testers that have been helping us out these last few months. We couldn’t have done it without you guys and gals!

+ tonydamiani on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:12 am said:

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Awesome :)

+ EagerSnake on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:23 am said:

@ ItsNymo: I think the same. I do hope also that PSHome begins to grow more than just a Beta and finally became what Sony has in mind. It will be awesome.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:19 am said:

Home will always continue to grow. This is a major milestone but rest assured that we won’t stop here.

+ EliteBoricua on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:23 am said:

+ perrandy on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:24 am said:

i might try it out,will this have a chess game like the previous home had? if so will be the same or better??

+ Rytteren on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:25 am said:

trophy support for them games yeah?
would love to get me a gold trophy or two in Bootleggers ’29

if not.. then still no reason to give home another try

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:22 am said:

Bootleggers ’29 does not have PSN trophies but it has a ton of rewards. I definitely understand your desire for PSN trophies from Home games but I would urge you to not let that keep you from logging in and playing the awesome, 100% free-to-play games we have in Home.

+ Nidathon on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:25 am said:

This is so exciting! Finally all my friends can experience the new Home with me! (I was in Private Beta – YAY!)

+ manufract on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:25 am said:

will all current Home spaces be accessible through this new hub?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

All current Home spaces except for the Central Plaza, the original Theater, and the original Mall will still be available via the Navigator (these spaces will be replaced with the Hub, the new Theater, and a new Mall).

+ FredNation on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:28 am said:

So excited! I enjoyed giving feedback to the beta and having this great opportunity to test all its power it has to offer. It got me addicted to Home again and made me be active on the forums again! I would like to say thanks for everything and can’t wait! I recommend people who never been on Home to really see it today and come back tomorrow to see the huge different Home is going to change! You won’t be disappointed!

Quick Question Home team: Has there been any news on the PAIN apartment and Home Trophy room?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:25 am said:

Great to see you back, Fred! Welcome Home!

Unfortunately, there is no news we can share at this time regarding the two spaces you have inquired about.

+ DIGGY305 on November 2nd, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

This is an open challenge to Home Hold ‘Em

Do you accept?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on November 2nd, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

I’ll see you in there tomorrow ;)

PAGE 1 2 3 4