PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Home Redesign Coming This Thursday

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Nov 02, 2011 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

The next stage of PlayStation Home‘s evolution will arrive on your PS3 this Thursday, November 3rd. This enormous update integrates games, quests, community events and user-generated content, while providing players with additional navigation, shopping, socialization, and entertainment options.

This massive PlayStation Home redesign will launch with a number of new, free-to-play games, including:

• Bootleggers ’29: Set in the seedy underbelly of the Roaring Twenties, this PlayStation Home exclusive first-person shooter found in the Action District pits cops vs. criminals in a Prohibition-era game of Capture the Cask. Boasting real-time multiplayer action, a variety of vintage weapons and unlockable rewards, and the unique ability to play as your PlayStation Home avatar, Bootleggers ’29 is a 100% free-to-play game that introduces a classic narrative to the modern shooter genre.
  • PlayStation Home Hold ‘Em: A series of backroom poker tables hosted in the brand new Sportswalk district, PlayStation Home Hold ‘Em squares players off in a no-holds-barred, winner-take-all battle of the bluffs. Only the best of the best will progress to the high stakes tables and collect all the prizes in this free version of the wildly-popular Texas Hold ‘Em card game.
  • PlayStation Home Sports Trivia: Test your sports expertise against the PlayStation Home community and unlock a series of themed rewards in this massive sports trivia game, found in the Sportswalk. Packed with over 10,000 trivia questions, this game will challenge the memories of even the most die-hard sports fans.
  • RC Rally: Build and customize your own remote controlled car and race against friends over multiple courses, performing stunts and tricks and unlocking numerous upgrades along the way. This fast-paced PlayStation Home original game can be found in the new Pier Park.
  • Cogs: A 3D version of Lazy 8 Studios award-winning Steampunk puzzle game, Cogs can be found in PlayStation Home’s new Hub. Build a variety of machines from sliding tiles and unlock exclusive PlayStation Home rewards in this highly-addictive puzzler.

PlayStation Home: Bootleggers '29

Bootleggers ’29 in PlayStation Home

PlayStation Home: Home Hold 'Em

Home Hold ‘Em

PlayStation Home: RC Rally

RC Rally in PlayStation Home

PlayStation Home: Cogs

Cogs in PlayStation Home

Your adventure will start at the Hub, which hosts a featured game front-and-center, an Activity Board that includes a robust questing and events system, and stores packed with games, personal spaces, and avatar enhancements. From there, players can navigate to genre-based Districts that are packed with exclusive games and content served up according to each player’s interests, style and game preference. The following game Districts and redesigned core spaces will be available tomorrow:

• Action District: A gathering place for hardcore gamers, the Action District has a gritty, urban feel reminiscent of a first-person shooter level and provides a direct travel point to action and horror games. Visit the Action District this Thursday to play two classic PlayStation Home Total Game Integration events that allow players to unlock content in Killzone 3 and Dead Island.
  • Sportswalk: The Sportswalk has an exciting outside-the-stadium feel with instant major league sports scores, headlines and highlights and sports-themed games.
  • Adventure District: At the launch of the PlayStation Home redesign, the Adventure District will present the UNCHARTED 3: Fortune Hunter total game integration event, providing a third-person adventure experience including a partial recreation of the Yemen level from UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception multiplayer mode and a cover-based shooting system complete with weapons and gameplay inspired by the hit series. Players can earn unlockable content that can be used in the Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Blu-Ray Disc game as well as additional PlayStation Home rewards.
  • Pier Park: A waterfront boardwalk leads players to carnival, puzzle, outdoor and arcade games. Take a ride on the Pier Park Ferris wheel or visit the arcade for more games.
  • PlayStation Home Theater: The PlayStation Home Theater sports an ultra-modern architectural design and hosts a wide range of videos programmed specifically for PlayStation gamers, including episodes of Pulse and Qore, trailers and interviews from the PlayStation Blog, and exclusive user-generated videos in the popular Community Theater.
  • PlayStation Home Mall: The all-new PlayStation Home Mall is loaded with thousands of pieces of content from some of the most popular game and entertainment IPs in the world. Shop for PlayStation Home games, extravagant personal spaces, costumes, clothing items and other avatar enhancements, and tons more in the redesigned Mall.
  • PlayStation Home Hub

PS Home: Action District

PlayStation Home: Sportswalk

PlayStation Home: Play Pier

With more than 230 ready-to-play games, upwards of 10,000 virtual items, and new community events happening every day of the week, PlayStation Home is the place that the PlayStation community gathers to play a wide range of games with their friends. Whether you are a seasoned member of the community or someone that hasn’t visited PlayStation Home in a while, never has there been a better time to come into PlayStation Home join up with our community of millions of passionate PlayStation gamers.

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ DevilCalvin on November 3rd, 2011 at 5:21 pm said:

where is the adventure district though i don’t see it?

+ Jayson619 on November 3rd, 2011 at 6:54 pm said:

I am from Singapore and I still see the same Home Square!

What about Asia!?!

+ Tomaisin on November 3rd, 2011 at 9:34 pm said:

Gosh, I wish I could say that the new Home is great, however since it has frozen or disconnected about 523 times today, I really haven’t been able to see or do much. But the screen shots look really purty. LOL.
Look guys, Im a network admin, hire me and I’ll fix all your server problems cause obviously you’re not getting it done. Hows that for constructive criticism?

+ EarJam on November 4th, 2011 at 1:20 am said:

Where’s the UC3 Nathan costume for home? Amazon’s response has been, “We don’t know what you’re talking about, ask Sony…” I know its Amazon’s responsibility to give out the codes, but PS Home staff should give Amazon a heads up about distributing those codes, you guys have a more direct line with those on the marketing team who actually know about the promotion rather than some clueless telephone customer service rep.

+ beamersball on November 4th, 2011 at 9:57 am said:

The Sportswalk is very cool. Adding air hokey and darts would be nice. Also maybe move the bowling alley over to the sportswalk.

+ ZSTom on November 4th, 2011 at 10:34 am said:

I really like Home, which is why I think it’s such a shame to see so little of its potential being achieved.

This update is essentially just new spaces and games, and a more organised way of accessing the latter.

The direction of Home’s development seems to be 95% dedicated to new spaces, games and items/clothing. Home crashes/freezes more than any other game I’ve played on PS3, and by a very large margin. I really wish more attention would be given to optimising and stabilising the game, and adding new features.

My close friend and I were talking and we agreed it would be awesome if we were able to do things like share apartments as roommates, go the the Home theatre and watch an actual movie together, play our own music in our private spaces, etc. Also, Home is a social game yet we can’t actually interact with each other’s avatars, which is disappointing. Being able to hug, shake hands, high-five, etc. are simple ideas yet fundamental, in my opinion.

New spaces and games are nice, but it’s a shame that Home isn’t progressing beyond ‘just’ that. Home could be SO much more than it is.

+ cs5150 on November 4th, 2011 at 11:56 am said:

I really like the new look and layout of the new HOME and the new games, but it would be a whole lot better if I were able to play without my system freezing up or getting booted by network errors every 15 minutes or so. And where’s the Adventure District?? It shows it on the map, but there are no access points and is no where to be found in the nav-menu. Also, I noticed that the Gamers Lounge is no longer available. Are there going to be featured game hosting events? And where??

+ pieman464 on November 4th, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

I don’t have a PS Home account. Is it fun?

+ Sleepy_Lovely on November 4th, 2011 at 5:19 pm said:

I love home before but now it is so much better with all the extra new spaces i’m going to be on Home 24’7 outstanding Sony MUCH LOVE:)

+ sawh_10 on November 4th, 2011 at 5:40 pm said:

Okay I’ve had enough , today i went on ps home and froze/crashed like 10 times! Fix this. Also where is the adventure district? All i see is the Uncharted 3 space Renamed: Adventure district by Uncharted 3.

+ TheEpicness_11 on November 4th, 2011 at 6:29 pm said:

If anyone want to add me, my PSN ID is TheEpicness_11.

+ xMorbidCupcakex on November 4th, 2011 at 6:31 pm said:

Anybody know how many Levels the Cog game has?
I got up to Level, I think, 7 before having to get off for off dinner. I left my console on, and my avatar playing the game, cuz last time I got off I didn’t save my place, so I had to restart everything. Not sure it its supposed to save your place, or not. But anyways, if anyone could tell me how many Levels there are, That would be super awesome!

Thanks
Morbid =]

+ Ra_The_Sun_King on November 5th, 2011 at 9:26 am said:

its been 3 days now and the “NEXT EVOLUTION ” keeps freezing and giving me Errors , was the NEXT EVOLUTION for Home or for all the problems that affect Home ? Still the same absurd incompetent service as before, Thank you creative team , you rock ……………NOT !

+ Lone_Assassin91 on November 5th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

This a great change for PSH

+ Invictus_80 on November 5th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

Does anyone know where exactly the free content in the Home stores mentioned when you log-in today (11-05-2011)?

+ pieman464 on November 5th, 2011 at 5:16 pm said:

My friend has a PS Home account but I don’t. So I want to know how fun it is or how fun it could be. But I don’t have one because I don’t think it’s that safe because people might try to get ur information, or if they’re out to get u. Like a gang coming to your house or something! So the rest of this message is going to the PS company. Please make it more safe so I don’t have to worry.

PSN COMPANY READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ EarJam on November 5th, 2011 at 11:25 pm said:

I’d really like a response but my comments also don’t seem to be appearing.

+ Ra_The_Sun_King on November 6th, 2011 at 2:32 pm said:

I Just Purchased the Phantom 5000 Beat Machine which features illuminated drum pads, an active visualizer screen and 20 Bangin Hip Hop beats …………… Someone forgot to mention that each beat last for 10 seconds , this is a total rip off and i want my money back . Do Not Buy this Item , its worthless.

+ erickafollie on November 7th, 2011 at 8:34 am said:

I also bought this Beat Machine with 20 “Bangin Hip Hop beats and its True , each Beat last for 10 seconds, which is Patheric, the description should say “each beat is of 10 seconds each ” and not make it sound like its a music player ……………again, imcompetent service but not only because of this but also because i get Network Errors every 20 mins or so and if i dont, i Freeze trying to leave one of the Core spaces for another .

+ Haseo_Uchiha on November 8th, 2011 at 8:30 pm said:

To be honest, I stopped playing Home because it was just down right boring and it never gave me a reason to come back, but after seeing this trailer, I think I’m in love lol. This is awesome! Finally we’re seeing some solid gameplay and real social interactions in Home. Keep up the good work Sony.

Ohh and please add a RPG game on Home with the ability to level up and get weapons and armor etc. etc. That would be just AWESOME!!!!

+ ILL__WILL on November 9th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

I already saw the Hub during the beta test, somehow I followed my friend and was granted entry. I liked the Hub a lot but I wanted to be ale to rid the Tram, ;p.

Action district: needed more work, Bootleggers is OK but adding Killzone & Dead Island felt like a cop out instead of NEW stuff, that whole area would make a sweat location for a paintball arena, VERY disappointing.

Adventure District: is another let down, while i liked the uncharted game and got all rewards, when I saw the name I was hoping for a new experience.

Sports district: I just hope we get to roam the entire area, I see a Footballs field and a boat.

The most fun game added was the RC Rally and Cogs.

+ VaultDweller13 on November 15th, 2011 at 4:52 pm said:

I keep getting “network error” or “connection lost,” and it’s just in home (I’m not losing my PSN connection). Yesterday I could get into Home for about 20-30 minutes before this would happen. Today I’m lucky to the message of the day before it error’s again. I’ve tried to get in about two dozen times now for the last 4 hours. No success. It was already annoying to get kicked out of fortune hunters mid-round, but now I can’t get into Home at all. Please fix this. Soon, please.

+ Cyrilmak on November 23rd, 2011 at 7:16 pm said:

I am indeed impressed by this new update.

PAGE 1 2 3 4