PS3-TLOU Left Behind

The Drop: Week of November 7th 2011 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Nov 06, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Two of the biggest award-winning franchises return to the PS3 this week with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. Quantic Dream’s cinematic thriller Heavy Rain receives a Director’s Cut loaded with DLC, the complete soundtrack, and bonus making-of features (my favorite!). Fans of Metal Gear Solid can look forward to playing MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3: Snake Eater and MGS: Peace Walker with the Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection on Blu-ray.

Io the digital storefront, digital versions of EA’s Fight Night Champion and Dead Space 2 arrive on PSN ready to download this Tuesday. Also on PSN, classics return this week with Chrono Cross for PSone and two new PS2 classics. The PS3 brings yet another fantastic week of blockbusters on this week’s The Drop.

PlayStation 3

Heavy Rain: Director’s Cut (PlayStation Move Support) Heavy Rain is a cinematic and evolving thriller from Quantic Dream, the developer behind the critically acclaimed Fahrenheit (released as Indigo Prophecy in the US). Dealing with a range of adult themes, the game revolves around a sophisticated plot and strong narrative threads that explore a complex moral proposition. You assume the role of multiple characters, with very different backgrounds, motivations and skills, in a world shaped by Bending Storylines – a dynamic narrative design where your actions and decisions will shape your story. The Director’s Cut includes the original game, Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 – The Taxidermist DLC, a series of eight “making of” bonus videos, the game’s soundtrack, three dynamic themes and more.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 – War comes home in the explosive third chapter of the blockbuster first-person action series set in near-future combat scenarios.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – The Empire of Tamriel is on the edge. The High King of Skyrim has been murdered. Alliances form as claims to the throne are made. In the midst of this conflict, a far more dangerous, ancient evil is awakened. Dragons, long lost to the passages of the Elder Scrolls, have returned to Tamriel. The future of Skyrim, even the Empire itself, hangs in the balance as they wait for the prophesized Dragonborn to come; a hero born with the power of The Voice, and the only one who can stand amongst the dragons.

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection Accept the mission and play three great chapters in the Metal Gear franchise with the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection. Included are Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. All three games are rendered in high-definition for the first time!

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Also on PSP) – LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 builds upon the magical gameplay, lessons and potion-making skills learned in LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 to equip gamers with the tools necessary to challenge a host of new foes and some familiar ones. The game is action-packed from start to finish, including loads of new lessons, spells, and bonus content for hours of family friendly gaming.

Happy Feet Two: The Videogame – Happy Feet Two is a 3D musical adventure game for the entire family inspired by the whimsical Antarctic world of the animated film. In the game, new dangers are threatening the penguin nation, and it’s going to take everyone working — and dancing — together to save them from extinction. Players use dance moves to recruit penguins with unique abilities that help advance the adventure, stun opponents and enemies, as well as manipulate the environment around them to solve co-operative puzzles.

PlayStation Network

Fight Night Champion – Step into the ring for this 2011 entry in the knockout king boxing franchise. Fight Night Champion sets out to define a new standard in sports videogames by delivering the most dynamic simulation fighting experience to date, pushing visual boundaries and redefining the single player journey for the category.

Dead Space 2 – In Dead Space 2, Isaac brings the terror to space. Players will take on bigger, scarier and more epic battles that will keep them on the edge of their seats. Delivering a sensory overload of sound, visuals and action sequences, Dead Space 2 will bring the psychological thrills of deep space to a terrifying new level.

Monopoly Streets – Monopoly Streets has everything you love about the board game, presented as a street level tour of Mr. Monopoly’s fully animated world. Players can experience Monopoly, one of the world’s favorite family game brands, as a fully dynamic, living, 3D world that continuously evolves with the videogame action.

Demos

• Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
  • Disney Universe
  • Rayman Origins
  • Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7

PSone Classics

CHRONO CROSS The sequel to CHRONO TRIGGER, is one of the most ambitious role-playing games ever made. There are over 40 playable characters, each with their back-story, special moves, abilities, and weapons. The story spans two discs and follows the story of Serge, a young man who is able to cross dimensions. Suddenly he is pulled between worlds, trying to figure out his own past at the same time. The graphics are bright and beautiful, utilizing the PlayStation’s capabilities to the fullest. The polygonal character models are huge and detailed, and the pre-rendered backgrounds are immaculately detailed. The music is composed and arranged by Yasunori Mitsuda, and features very realistic-sounding synthesizers.

PS2 Classics

Full Spectrum Warrior – Full Spectrum Warrior is based on a real-time squad-based strategy game commissioned by the U.S. Army to train light Infantry troops in urban combat situations. Soldiers are placed in a tense, hostile, and claustrophobic environment where they must complete a variety of military objectives. Players act as the Squad Leader, providing direction to Alpha and Bravo fire teams. The successful Squad Leader effectively uses cover in the environment and moves his fire teams in a coordinated fashion so they can protect themselves from possible attacks that could come from any direction. Full Spectrum Warrior puts you in the dirt with your men, where danger lurks around every corner.

Stuntman Ignition – Developed by Paradigm Studios and published by THQ, Stuntman Ignition puts you in the driver’s seat as you create spectacular Hollywood moments such as monstrous jumps, fantastic explosions and large-scale crashes. In this second entry entry into the popular series, you’ll live the life of a famous Hollywood stuntman, building your career from the ground up and taking death defying stunts to a whole new level.

PlayStation Portable

Cars 2: The Video Game – Jump into the Cars 2 universe with some of your favorite Cars personalities such as Mater, Lightning McQueen, Holley Shiftwell, and even Finn McMissile in exotic locations around the globe.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

169 Comments

+ John_Oval on November 6th, 2011 at 5:16 pm said:

Hell yeah, skyrim and mgs HD, gonna have no money soon :D

+ Vinland_Krauser on November 6th, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

@BShornock

“If Heavy Rain, Director’s Cut, is Greatest Hits, I will not buy it. If it’s not greatest hits, I’ll pick it up even at 49.99.”
Why is that? The red case? I don’t get it.

Also, about the PS2 Classics, Final Fantasy X will get an HD release sometime next year. Maybe the same thing will happen to XII.
Not sure about XI, however. (Last time it got running was under the older retrocompatible PS3 models with that PS2 system data that’s still available for download on the store). Kinda weird if you ask me, since XI is available on the X360 but not for us.
Kingdom Hearts has potential for an HD collection with Birth By Sleep included, seeing as MGS Collection got Peace Walker. Now for wrestling games, surely these will come out eventually.

+ w1cket on November 6th, 2011 at 5:22 pm said:

Full Spectrum Warrior was a very solid game IMO I’ll be picking that up on Tuesday for sure.

+ bladekiller95 on November 6th, 2011 at 5:25 pm said:

MW3 all week long!!!

+ headronefish on November 6th, 2011 at 5:26 pm said:

Stuntman Ignition as a PS2 classic is a waste, considering there’s a PS3 version. If it was the first game it’d be a different story, though, I played the hell out of that and would love to replay it.

+ Alucard-XII on November 6th, 2011 at 5:27 pm said:

Contra Shattered Soldier please

+ tom1388 on November 6th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

Stuntman: Ignition is all ready a PS3 game tho.. why add it to PS2 classics? I think that Star Wars: Battlefront 2 should’ve taken it’s place..

+ CynicalNerd on November 6th, 2011 at 5:35 pm said:

Couple things…

Jak and Daxter collection has been announced to be in the works…keep an eye for more info…

Bshornok – I am curious…why would it matter if the game was GH or not? I believe it is GH…as the game did go GH not too long ago..this is just a re-release with extras. I checked at work (Target) and it is in our system as 29.99. If the red box it comes in bothers you, do what I do and just buy some clear blu ray cases from target or walmart. Pack of 10 is like 7$. Also, there is no new content in this release. It just has some extras like soundtracks and what not. The only DLC, the Taxidermist I think was already available to those who had the game.

+ duke301 on November 6th, 2011 at 5:39 pm said:

This is a money saving week for me. I am still playing the first Modern Warfare, and I still have Chrono Cross on disc. There is no reason to buy it again.

+ Jin_Kusanagi on November 6th, 2011 at 5:41 pm said:

PS2 Classics r still weak but least t they’re still coming…so yeah nice =)

Chrono Cross, nice, but I still want the Final Fantasy VI u guys canceled =o

Not much this week on good releases, but by looking at the whole month’s releases I’m satisfied =p

+ OveReAction on November 6th, 2011 at 5:47 pm said:

I want Burnout Revenge to re-release some time this year. I missed this game!

+ Painkiller360 on November 6th, 2011 at 5:51 pm said:

PLEASE PUT SOCOM 1&2 ON PLAYSTATION STORE SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ solidusnake877 on November 6th, 2011 at 5:51 pm said:

I WOULD LOVE TO SE A REMAKE , OR A PS2 CLASSIC OF time splitters future perfect :) me and some friends invested 150 + hours on it :) or even better a time splitters 4 :) and i also dont get the problem with greatest hit edition :p lower price is always welcome :)

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on November 6th, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

i wish they re-master Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed PC, in HD for PS3!

+ DarthDanMan on November 6th, 2011 at 5:53 pm said:

@38
I didn’t get my 10 yet either but according to some info on here somewhere they have until the 15th to give it to us.

+ beastbarbour on November 6th, 2011 at 5:56 pm said:

awsome weeks guys just got done wrapping up uncharted 3 on hard gonna start on crushing but once mw3 hits its over lol plus got skyrim coming friday, wasnt easy trying to beat u3 in a week short while working during the week .

+ skibop42069 on November 6th, 2011 at 5:56 pm said:

what about remaking the original metal gear that we had on 8-bit nintendo. and then snakes revenge!!!! ill buy that!!!

+ bakerarmy on November 6th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

I was told the ten bucks would hit my message box by the 15th. However I used psn cards to add the funds to my wallet(but was told that was fine).

Also the whole PS2 stuff is a rip. why don’t you guys either go pick up a used or refurbished model that plays them or just a PS2 for dirt cheap. I don’t even like most HD rereleases. But I will check out MGS collection. Never played Snake Eater.

+ Jay_Dogg_76 on November 6th, 2011 at 5:58 pm said:

Dear PSN team, my wallet begs of you: *Please* don’t put Dead Space 2 on sale for Plus members! ;P [DO IT!]

+ beastbarbour on November 6th, 2011 at 6:03 pm said:

also how bout them packers 8 and 0

+ Robbie_G_lrish on November 6th, 2011 at 6:09 pm said:

Did anybody see the Giants beat the Patriots? It was like SuperBowl 42 all over again. Haha, wow what a game.

+ xxnike629xx on November 6th, 2011 at 6:17 pm said:

Some good stuff this week..

I will be getting:

Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection (PS3)
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (PS3)
Chrono Cross (PS3, PSone Classic)

>_<

I gotta save up some money first though since I've recently been going nuts buying:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
Resistance 3
Uncharted 3
Transformers War for Cybertron

I love how the PS3 continues to get game after game…!

+ KwietStorm on November 6th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

NYG all day

+ timmy19888 on November 6th, 2011 at 6:22 pm said:

i dont care what anyone says but call of duty just flat out sucks. the story isnt that great. id rather play medal of honor than call of duty. so only good games this week is metal gear solid and skyrim. but then id rather wait till they drop in price. and id like to try fight night champion but id rather have the disc than downloading it.

+ Red-5x on November 6th, 2011 at 6:28 pm said:

Hi:

skibop42069, that Metal Gear (Nintendo) is not the original game. The Original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake are coming in this HD Collection as a bonus in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.
I have a question:

When are we going to have Metal Gear Solid HD Collection available on PSN?

+ CynicalNerd on November 6th, 2011 at 6:40 pm said:

Red-5x beat me to it. The original Metal Gear from NES was a remake of the Metal Gear game on the MSX system. The MSX version was so much better and it is the version that was referenced in MGS1. The only thing I miss from the NES was the music that happened when you alerted the guards…

But yea, both games are in MGS3…as part of the Substance package.

It might be a while before it is released on the PSN…they still don’t have ICO or SOTC on there.

Also…for those who aren’t aware. MGSHDC will be 49.99 instead of the typical 39.99 because Kojima apparently thinks his games are worth more than Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia, God of War, Sly.

In addition there was be 3 platinums with this game. The PS3 version got a bunch more trophies for 2 and 3…more than the Xbox360 version.

+ zatnaru on November 6th, 2011 at 6:41 pm said:

Skyrim alone makes it one of the best drop ever.

+ SenTinaL1 on November 6th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

Chrono Cross!!!! When this game first came out I bought it and hated it. After 2 months on the shelf I finally hunkered down and forced myself to play it, and after an hour I fell in love with it. Thank you Sony! Now we just need Legend of Dragoon and Breath of Fire 3, (hint,hint)

+ SimplyJaV on November 6th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

pfft,, let me know when the ps2 GTA collection hits the psn store, then we’re talking

+ SenTinaL1 on November 6th, 2011 at 6:49 pm said:

Am I the only person who thinks MGS games are waaaay over-rated. They are the last thing on this weeks drop that i would get. I just can’t get over the silliness that is so pervasive throughout those games. The last one I played was Sons of Liberty when it came out, and I forced myself to finish it.

+ MarkakaJin on November 6th, 2011 at 6:57 pm said:

You guys are really going all out on the PS2 classics. Fatal Frame 1, 2, and 3. Please, please, please make them classics at least.

+ Ir1descent on November 6th, 2011 at 7:00 pm said:

nice mw3 im ready

+ Rockstar5465 on November 6th, 2011 at 7:01 pm said:

@mitcho2013 yeah it is i have it for ps3

+ Obiturtle on November 6th, 2011 at 7:04 pm said:

I just spent a month searching around at various places for a copy of Chrono Cross.. Than this. ;_;

+ Red-5x on November 6th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

Hi:

CynicalNerd, thanks for the info. I thought we will find the game on PSN this Tuesday :( It’s a shame and I really hope we can bought the game before November the 18th.

+ fixer1989 on November 6th, 2011 at 7:08 pm said:

I believe the Lego Harry Potter games comes out on Friday with the final movie, not Tuesday. Just an fyi for those intending on purchasing it. I could be wrong though.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 6th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

Meh. Maybe Metal Gear Solid. Uncharted 3 multiplayer will keep me satisfied for long time to come.

+ excaliber45 on November 6th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

The only eventful thing happening on Tuesday is that asteroid passing by Earth. But Friday is the big day: Skyrim baby :)

+ jawara on November 6th, 2011 at 7:11 pm said:

Can’t wait to get buy Chrono Cross! Im using my ten bucks that psn gave me to buy it. Hey rey how much is chrono cross? Add me guys!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 6th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

@beastbarbour — You are not going to play the Uncharted 3 multiplayer? That’s half of the game you’re missing out on!

+ Demonhunter84 on November 6th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

@jrowand

Heavy Rain Director’s Cut comes out November 8th.

+ Demonhunter84 on November 6th, 2011 at 7:16 pm said:

Looking forward to Metal Gear Solid HD Collection next Wednesday, never played Peace Walker before.

+ jimmyjam14810 on November 6th, 2011 at 7:16 pm said:

Could care less about everything except Skyrim Never been a fan of Call of Duty its too overhypedand i wasn’t impressed with Black Ops and MW2 i’m gonna wait and here about it more b4 i decide to get it.think i’m gonna get MGS HD and Heavy Rain

+ jkuc75sj on November 6th, 2011 at 7:19 pm said:

I’d rather have MGS HD Collection or at least Skyrim as the cover of the Drop but whatever.

BTW Sony do a bundle for this Holiday season! Get 2 great old games and bundle it with a PS3! I reall want you to have your sales skyrocket this holiday season!

+ iTofuMan on November 6th, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

dam time goes by pretty fast. had no idea Lego Harry Potter was coming out. really enjoyed years 1-4. honestly though thats about the only good thing to come out that interest me.

And look nothing for the psp again aside from cars because i guess everyone wants that instead of other games like Crisis Core, or any other games.

+ NecroPhantom3017 on November 6th, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

Sony please come out with Final Fantasy X for a PS2 classic, it WAS a big hit and still is. Thx guys ;)

+ The-stronger-KID on November 6th, 2011 at 7:40 pm said:

yeeeooo……MW3 best game everrr… hurrayyy

+ BluePhenix1115 on November 6th, 2011 at 7:57 pm said:

Ps2 Classics for PS+ would be very cool of you SONY.

+ kolkidkilla on November 6th, 2011 at 8:03 pm said:

You guys need to add GTA San Andreas for ps2 classics in the next drop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ cobolatrix on November 6th, 2011 at 8:07 pm said:

What about the MGSHD Collection on PSN?

I was looking forward to it.