Overwatch

Nov 08

Nov 08

Begin Your Fight Night Champion Experience for Under 5 Bucks

Jazz Brousseau's Avatar Posted by Producer, Fight Night Champion

Hey fight fans, I’m here to give you the run-down on Fight Night Champion Customizable, available later today exclusively on PSN starting at $4.99.

With Fight Night Champion, we delivered a dramatically new gameplay experience. In creating Champion Mode, it was the first time that EA SPORTS had incorporated a story-based game mode into a sports title. Inspired by classic boxing movies, Champion Mode allows players to step into the shoes of Andre Bishop, an up-and-coming middleweight contender who learns that the road to becoming a champion in professional boxing is one that is filled with unimaginable highs and brutal lows. Champion Mode tells a story of redemption and perseverance in one of the toughest sports ever imagined.

Andre

Now with Fight Night Champion available as a customizable digital download exclusively on PSN, we’re once again delivering a new experience to gamers; we’re giving them the opportunity to customize their experience to meet their gaming needs. We anticipate a few questions, so here’s more detail on this unique approach to downloadable games:

How does the customizable download work?
Fans have the opportunity to purchase Champion Mode, downloading it via PSN as a standalone game and experience one of the richest narratives in sports gaming. Users can then customize their experience within the Fight Night Champion in-game store by subsequently purchasing any of the following modes: Fight Now, Legacy Mode and Online Play.

Why did you decide to offer Fight Night Champion as a customizable download on PSN?
It’s all about providing choice. We know that gamers play in different ways. Some people are very into battling opponents online. Others prefer narrative-based stories, like you’ll find in Champion Mode. It’s really about letting fans customize their own experience by purchasing the game a la carte.

Why offer Champion Mode as a standalone game at $4.99?
Champion Mode is really what sets this game apart from Fight Night Round 4. It’s the first time EA SPORTS has had a story-based game mode. Champion Mode is inspired by classic boxing movies and provides hours of captivating and emotional gameplay. It’s the most instantly accessible mode and we felt the story line would draw gamers in who may not be huge boxing fans. By releasing Champion Mode as a standalone at $4.99, it allows gamers who may not be looking to purchase a full boxing title an opportunity to try it out.

What kind of player was the Fight Now piece created for?
Fight Now is for people who just want to get in and fight. They’ll have access to all the boxers and venues in the game. They can even create or download their own boxer.

Can they take that boxer through a whole career?
For that they would want Legacy Mode in the Games Mode download. This is where you get to create your alter ego and put him in the ring against past champions. You start with training and then fight through all your scheduled bouts. You’re goal is to establish yourself as the fighter to beat.

Is there a way to take your ‘alter ego’ online and fight other boxers?
You can purchase the Online Mode which will allow you to play people head-to-head or you can compete for local or worldwide belts.

Will the PSN trophies work any differently with this customizable version?
No, there’s no difference in how PSN trophies work. That being said, there are some trophies that are associated with specific modes, so you’ll have to have downloaded those modes to earn them.

Thanks for checking out this blog post! Bring your questions up here and we’ll do our best to answer as many as we can throughout the day.

Champion_Tease1_Who_is_Andre_Bishop

Add Your Own

QuantumMercury said:

November 8th, 12:05 pm

Thanks for putting the FAQ in there especially about the trophies.

Smooth423 said:

November 8th, 12:06 pm

Sold Sold Sold! Best Boxing game ever. Since Fight night round 3.

markburleson85 said:

November 8th, 12:13 pm

I have 2 questions:

1. How much do/will the other parts of the game cost?

2. Does this support Move and if it doesn’t is there any plans to support it?

Jazz Brousseau's Avatar

Jazz Brousseau said:

November 8th, 1:20 pm

1. Additional game modes available for purchase within Fight Night in-game store:

• Fight Now – $5.00
    • Legacy Mode and Boxer Share – $10.00
    • Online Play – $10.00

2. It does not support PS Move and there are no plans yet.

reson8er said:

November 8th, 12:15 pm

Wow, a neat, novel idea. Kudos on giving players more choice, thats always welcome.

thebgj said:

November 8th, 12:30 pm

Echo what white sox markburleson85 said

Shack70 said:

November 8th, 12:30 pm

Knowing EA the other modes will probably be $19.99 each

Jazz Brousseau's Avatar

Jazz Brousseau said:

November 8th, 1:18 pm

Nope!

• Champion Mode (standalone) – $4.99

Additional game modes available for purchase within Fight Night in-game store:
    • Fight Now – $5.00
    • Legacy Mode and Boxer Share – $10.00
    • Online Play – $10.00

pudgenet said:

November 8th, 12:31 pm

Yeah, before buying this, I would need to know a. can I actually fight in the game without spending more than the initial $5; b. how much do the other modes cost, and c. does it have Move support?

Jazz Brousseau's Avatar

Jazz Brousseau said:

November 8th, 1:17 pm

$5 grants you access to the Champion Mode, where you will play through the complete story of Andre Bishop!

Isaac_Nilo_ said:

November 8th, 12:32 pm

I hope that the full game is the same price than buying one part of the game at the time.

Jazz Brousseau's Avatar

Jazz Brousseau said:

November 8th, 12:52 pm

For those asking, here is the price breakdown:
• Fight Night Champion full digital download – $29.99

OR

• Champion Mode (standalone) – $4.99
Additional game modes available for purchase within Champion mode in-game store:
• Fight Now – $5.00
• Legacy Mode and Boxer Share – $10.00
• Online Pass – $10.00

rabidninjamonky said:

November 8th, 1:15 pm

I Like this Idea. All I’m interested in are champion and legacy modes, so I think $15 is a good deal.

jaydlaw20 said:

November 8th, 1:24 pm

i really like the idea, i’ll download champion mode over the weekend and go from there.

RavageX said:

November 8th, 1:27 pm

This is a pretty cool way of doing things I must say. I’m impressed.

Now….about a new Def Jam that is based off of Fight for NY’s game engine…..please tell me that the idea is at least being thrown around an office somewhere.

toology01 said:

November 8th, 1:28 pm

Love the way u guys are doing this. I’ve long since thought this is the way digital distribution should happen on alot of games. Some games I’m totally not interested in the online, some games I’m ONLY interested in the mutiplayer. Example, Battlefield 3, wish I could have bought the online multiplayer only for $29.99, don’t even want the campaign. Please othe developers take note, this is an excellent strategy that I wish would come to fruition a bit more. Today I’ll be buying the champion and legacy modes for sure.

pudgenet said:

November 8th, 1:30 pm

It looks like a nice deal, but to me, half the fun — probably more — of thinking about playing a boxing game is Move support. Then again, it’s only $5 …

ENRICHOVEGA said:

November 8th, 1:31 pm

I’ll be using Philly’s own Smokin Joe Frazier. Rest In Peace my brother.

BreavmanKnows said:

November 8th, 1:32 pm

RIP Joe Frazier

VemberJudgement said:

November 8th, 1:43 pm

Actually, I think this is pretty innovative. Not everyone likes to play certain games online, and the rest of the package is quite cheap. I think I’ll be giving this a shot.

dilbig5 said:

November 8th, 1:54 pm

I wish more games would do something like this (Call of Duty).

JadeNic said:

November 8th, 2:07 pm

I really like this pricing system. It is nice to see new things being tried. Hope it catches on.

saintaqua said:

November 8th, 2:09 pm

Why are people rating this low? Are they that stupid?
I’m getting this!

brianace said:

November 8th, 2:10 pm

Good idea. Way to think outside the box. I haven’t put any significant amount of time into a Fight Night game since PS2 days, this seems like a good chance for me to get back in. Not crazy about the idea of a story mode in a boxing game, I’d rather create my own boxer, and navigate the ranks with him, That’s legacy mode, right? Can I get just that experience for ten bucks, or do I need to buy the $5 champion mode as well?

M-Easy said:

November 8th, 2:29 pm

You guys should offer some sort of triple, quadruple xp for the online mode. No one wants to (and as far as I can tell no one has) reached level 60 OWC. Grinding 100+ hours of online fighting is not fun and the only reason I have no interest in OWC.

polo155 said:

November 8th, 5:09 pm

I was loving this till I realized you have to PAY TO PLAY ONLINE, no thank you!

polo155 said:

November 8th, 5:10 pm

I thought that was for only when you bought a used game, no EA trying to do it all across the board!! THAT’S WHY I BUY NOTHING EA SND I MAKE SURE MY LAN CREW DON’T EITHER!

KillerZero said:

November 8th, 5:40 pm

Genius! I rarely play online or with another player. This gives me the opportunity to buy what i want to play…its the innovation I’ve been waiting for. I wouldn’t have bought it for $30 but if I can buy piece by piece for $5! I’m in

hush404 said:

November 8th, 8:09 pm

Ehh, I’m torn. I like the idea of a $5 starter pack… but I know I’m going to want at least 2 more of those packs, upping it to $20… and for that price… I bet I could find a copy of Champion at a local game store. I think I’d rather have the disc. Nice idea though guys.

Snowgoons said:

November 8th, 10:13 pm

Man EA, you guys try to please everyone with a great idea/deal and bam, still have complainers lol. $4.99 for an epic single player boxing journey, and still the guy above me #25 is “torn”

If EA released an awesome full single player boxing game this would be it. It would still be bought by many for full retail price of $59.99. It’s like a boxing version of I dunno a game like LA Noire for $4.99, this has more play time than Infamous Festival of Blood, which is $9.99.

People will buy MW3 a game with a 5 hour campaign with same online gameplay as every previous game for $59.99??? Tacking on another 50+ for basically connecting your stats to a website and some DLC here and there…????

This is a STEAL at $4.99 and IF you want to expand the game GUESS what it’s right there for you. In affordable packages.

I think people with #25’s views obviously don’t realize just how good the campaign of this game was…

This is the least selfish thing EA has ever done.

Next I hope EA will get themselves and the Mythic guys working on Dark Age of Camelot 2 and all is forgiven for Warhammer. :) That game definitely deserves a part 2, IMO the best MMORPG to date.

Tazmanian22 said:

November 8th, 11:53 pm

What are the download sizes for each modes?

Kchow23 said:

November 9th, 2:22 am

Interesting, so the game was chopped up into all of its different parts.. I would’ve gone for it if it was during release since I was interested on the story but not so much the rest of it after having played FNR4, but I already played through Fight Night Champion (cool idea for day 1 release of the next one though).

xkillerp7 said:

November 9th, 2:48 am

Awesome. I couldn’t believe it when I saw it at the store. The thing I was most interested on this new Fight Night game is this Champion mode, but I didn’t want to get the full game. Like Snowgoons said, it’s a steal at $4.99. Perfect.

Busca-Cabezas said:

November 9th, 3:41 am

Wow!!! I must say, this offer is pretty sweet!! Hmmm… I think I’ll give this a try. Seems like a thumbs up offer and game!! *Presses PS Button*

Death_to_Xbox_ said:

November 9th, 6:33 am

The $4.99 Champion Mode file size is 5.38 GB If I wanted to get this I would jsut get the game disk here for $24.98 & Shipping: $3.99 > http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fight-Night-Champion-Sony-PS3-NEW-/180748462979?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a1572ab83

Red2Nax said:

November 9th, 7:20 am

Guys, what about local multiplayer? Which one has it? Thanks!

YungShep said:

November 9th, 8:45 am

4.99 for single player and then 10.00 for online, sold. i can do 15.00 on Fight Night, all i would want to play is the online anyway, and sprinkle the single player in from time to time.

i would much rather pay 15.00 for the package i want then anything else, yall can compare prices and complain about having to pay for online, but 15.00 is a deal, no matter how you slice it, that is a deal

duffyboy1986 said:

November 9th, 8:59 am

when yall gonna put battlefield 3 on the U.S. psn because its in europe. But this is a good deal in my country fight night champion is for $80.00 now i only have to pay $15.00 (no online for me)

tunhguod said:

November 9th, 11:54 pm

I have a question you could add to your FAQ.

Why is the price point so borked on the Australian PSN store. $4.99US = $4.92AU. So why should I have to pay $8.45 for the same product?

StickyDuddo1 said:

November 10th, 4:56 pm

There’s No other game mode in The fight night store. What’s Wrong?

SriX23 said:

November 10th, 8:16 pm

You labeled the Champion Mode as stand-alone, but you didn’t label the Fight Now mode as such. Does this mean you cannot download just Fight Now mode?

marcorrano said:

November 12th, 12:50 pm

Hello. I am thinking about getting thecomplete game for 29 but I have a question. I know that for playing online this game requires the online pass code, so if I purchase it from the PS store, will I have access to the online features automatically or am I going to receive the online pass code or I wont be able to play online? Thank you very much!