Minecraft PS4

Call of Duty Elite: PS3 Walkthrough

Dan Amrich's Avatar + Posted by Dan Amrich on Nov 08, 2011 // Community Manager, Ubisoft

Call of Duty players all have one big thing in common: Call of Duty. Sounds obvious, I know, but I think that’s enough. Now, some of you reading this are fantastic Call of Duty players. Some of you stink on ice. Let me slide over on this big block of frozen water to make room for you folks in the latter camp. Come sit next to me and we can talk about why we always seem to be on the wrong end of a noob tube.

That said, the gap between the masters and the students is not that wide. We’re all playing for the same reason – Call of Duty games are fun, that’s all. I’ll always take an opportunity to learn and improve, but even when I get my ass handed to me online, as long as I enjoy the company of the people I’m playing with, I’m more likely to leave a session laughing, regardless of KDR.

This is where Call of Duty Elite comes in. Not many games have 30 million people playing them, so the idea behind Elite was to give all those players a common ground – a service that would help them connect, compete, and improve. We’re all playing together as it is; let’s play together better.

Elite05_v2
This summer, some of you may have had a chance to check out the Elite beta, which gave PlayStation 3 players an early taste of the service. The beta only incorporated data from Black Ops, but Elite’s launch date of November 8 – same as Modern Warfare 3 – is no coincidence. The beta was truly just the beginning. Well, before the beginning, if you think about it.

Check your stats. Tweak your loadouts. Analyze heat maps from all the matches you’ve played in the last month and learn what you did right and wrong. See your stats using each weapon in the game and get detailed advice on how to use it better. Track your performance and compare it instantly to that of your friends on custom leaderboards. Create a clan and Join social groups of players with similar interests. I found groups for guitars, juggling, and Ghostbusters; if you don’t see what you’re looking for, you can create your own. (You are hereby invited to join the OneOfSwords group – that one’s mine.)

Elite04
All that stuff is free. No charge. Thank you for being a Call of Duty player, says Activision. Enjoy this extra stuff.

What’s more, in MW3, Elite is fully integrated into the game. Wanna change your loadout during the day for your big match that night? Just visit the website, change your settings, and it will automatically push to the game, waiting for your next login. Don’t want to use the web? Use your iOS or Android device. Just want to do it all on your console? No problem – there’s a PlayStation 3 downloadable program that you can download and use from directly within MW3. That Elite PS3 application is free. The mobile app is free. The website is free, too.

If you are a dedicated player and you want more from Elite, you can sign up for a premium membership (using the funds in your PlayStation Wallet, of course) to access a ton of extra features – most notably, you’ll get ALL of the MW3 DLC content as soon as it is released on PS3, ready and waiting for you the day it comes out. You’ll also have access to exclusive Elite TV programming to high-stakes competitions for real-world prizes (like iPads, Jeeps, and trips to Paris) to more video storage space to all the MW3 DLC that will be released, ready and waiting for you on the day it’s released. There’s a big chart that goes into all the relevant details here. And if you like what you see, anybody who activates a premium membership before November 13 will receive Founder status, which comes with its own benefits. Plus, you get to say “I was there from the beginning.”

Regardless of how you wind up using Call of Duty Elite, just remember why it’s there: to serve and unite the community of CoD players. Maybe you’re wonderful sniper, maybe you’re terrible flag runner, or maybe you’re simply a work in progress as a player. Call of Duty Elite is here to make your triumphs into celebrations, your losses into educational tools, your performance into prizes, and your opponents into your friends. After all, we all have one big thing in common.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ smokinaceshigh2 on November 8th, 2011 at 3:08 pm said:

Question: when will it come out? Tried to get invite and it says it’s down? ever happen to anyone?

+ FredNation on November 8th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

You know you said MW2 right?

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

Actually, I missed that — that typo is mine. I’ll ask the gang at the blog to correct it for me. Sorry ’bout that.

+ Sid Shuman on November 8th, 2011 at 3:38 pm said:

fix0r3d!!

+ FredNation on November 8th, 2011 at 3:15 pm said:

Just hold “Ctrl” and “F” then type “MW2″ and you’ll find it. Lol MW3 may be just a huge DLC for MW2 but it… naa I’m trololol at that last part. I’m waiting for it in the snail mail…

+ xXSuPeR_DoOKiEXx on November 8th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

@2 Well there’s no difference between mw2 and mw3 so I would have massed up too.

+ xXSuPeR_DoOKiEXx on November 8th, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

messed*

+ LilWayneSuckz on November 8th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

Question: Do PS3 owners still get the DLC 30 days after 360 owners even if they have a paid Elite subscription?

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

Yes. But Elite subscribers will get it before other PS3 people get a chance to get it.

+ Virtuous_Villain on November 8th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

Hi Dan. When is the Elite app going app. Just checked the app store and didn’t find it. Also I know guys are working on it around the clock, but elite isn’t working right now. Any chance of seeing you on talkradar this or next week to talk about MW3? I imagine your schedule is busy though

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

Now that the PlayStation Store is updated, you should be able to activate Elite premium subscriptions through the PS3 app.

+ supvic on November 8th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

that “MW2″ typo was either a typo, or a huge revelation.. LOL

+ Medina_27_16 on November 8th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

MW3

+ Squall1979 on November 8th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

@#4 – That is for sure. MW2.5. Just an expensive expansion pack.

+ Hardkore46 on November 8th, 2011 at 3:29 pm said:

@4 There is a difference, it’s just not a HUGE leap from the last one.

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

Typo. :) Hey, I ain’t perfect.

+ dilbig5 on November 8th, 2011 at 3:32 pm said:

I am very surprised anyone would actually pay for this. You might as well go pay for xbox live as well

+ Santos21 on November 8th, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

The app has been up since this morning if you had a code. Hey Dan I read that the founder status will be given maybe next week, will the gun camos and all that stuff come at the same time as the founde status?

+ Virtuous_Villain on November 8th, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

Sorry I meant the iOS app specifically. When is that elite app going up?

+ JH-FallenReaper on November 8th, 2011 at 3:42 pm said:

mw3 nahhh never buying a cod im still playing KILLZONE 3,BATTLEFIELD 3 and UNCHARTED 3!—–KILLZONE 3 GOTY!

+ TUSTIN1 on November 8th, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

@13 +1

I too am surprised anyone would pay for this, especially at 49.99. Too many good games out there than to waste money supporting this…

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 9:55 pm said:

You do realize that the core part of Elite is free for everyone, right? If you don’t want to pay for it, you certainly don’t have to. You can just get a free login and check out your stats and do some of the social stuff for no cost whatsoever.

+ kill_zone_stunna on November 8th, 2011 at 3:53 pm said:

what is wrong with the server???

+ Carl-G on November 8th, 2011 at 3:59 pm said:

So if you get ‘Call of Duty Elite’ you don’t have to wait for the DLC? You get it the same time as the Xbox 360 players get it? I bet MicroSoft are not happy about that ;-D

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 9:54 pm said:

Nope, not quite what you’re thinking here. Please see the answer to #6 above.

+ sameer12152000 on November 8th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

this is not fair everybody got mw3 except for me i got to wait till my birthday

+ Cyris on November 8th, 2011 at 4:13 pm said:

Yeah right, Activision, there are 3 major reasons why nobody needs this game.

Battlfield 3, Uncharted 3, and Skyrim.

MW2.5 can go 360 exclusive for all I care.

+ monyking on November 8th, 2011 at 4:27 pm said:

I pre-ordered it and already downloading it. Can’t wait to start….way to go Playsatation.

+ jrowand on November 8th, 2011 at 4:33 pm said:

Question why is it everytime I try to click on career and stuff like that that it says currently unavailable? And how da freak you add your clan into ELITE?

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 9:55 pm said:

Elite is going through those launch growing pains that a lot of new products go through. Give it some time. They’re keeping people updated on Twitter at @CallOfDutyElite if you want progress reports.

+ john_rally007 on November 8th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

Ok mr Dan but can we be real here for a second? i have the hardened edition and it comes with a 1 year of call of duty elite and i have try to log in so may times from the elite app and it says logging error the server is down. when will this be fixed?

+ The_Apprentice on November 8th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

Hey, how do we go about creating a clan in the elite application?
Selecting “My Clan” tells me that I am not in one, I should look for one.
No option to create one.

Thanks.

+ Xeerochild on November 8th, 2011 at 4:38 pm said:

Dan, regardless if I agree with you or not, I have to commend you on your Blog posts. It’s not very often you have someone responding to both positive and negative comments; I really respect that.

The more replies that blog posters like yourself provide, the better. Kudos.

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 9:56 pm said:

Thanks. People would not comment if they did not care. At least, that’s my thought. Maybe some people are grandstanding for attention and being negative is their way, but I’m taking everybody at face value until proven otherwise!

+ Runn1ngR10T on November 8th, 2011 at 4:40 pm said:

this things horrid, loads loads loads crash….

+ dj128 on November 8th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

When are the mobile apps going to release

+ poodude on November 8th, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

Hey Dan,

I follow you on Twitter and I’ve got to say you’re awesome at what you do, as someone who owns all three systems but plays CoD on his PS3, you really make it feel like all platforms are represented. So yea, keep up the great work!

Now I just have to avoid any MW3 spoilers until I can get my copy tomorrow…

+ Fabin_BRA on November 8th, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

ola dan ,eu sou do brasil e nao manjo quase nada de ingles ,entao uso o tradutor google aqui ,vou começar a enteragir mais aqui com voce ,gostei bastante do seu comentario ,e queria fazer uma pergunta ,eu comprei aqui o elite pela minha conta americana , e queria saber se eu ainda poderei compartilhar meus dcl com 5 amigos…..

+ Link01 on November 8th, 2011 at 5:15 pm said:

I seriously rage dissapointment at anyone who supports paying for a service that should be free. A DLC prepaid package is one thing, a yearly subscription for a stat and such multiplayer service…. seriously people are you that ignorant?

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

I would be careful about calling other people ignorant, because I think you have misinterpreted the information above. Elite is a free service. The stat tracking is free. The social groups aspect is free. The advice on how to improve your game is free. The custom leaderboards are free. I think, if you click on the link in the article above, you may be surprised at just how much of Elite is free and quality content.

The paid aspects of Elite are entirely optional and based on your personal habits — like, if you are the type of gamer who will want to buy all the DLC for MW3, then it’s actually a good value right there, regardless of all the other stuff that comes with it for the price.

But please don’t suggest that stats and multiplayer req

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 9:59 pm said:

Oops, another typo. Please don’t suggest that stats and multiplayer require any sort of payment, because MP is free and Elite’s core functions are free as well.

+ Poozilla024 on November 8th, 2011 at 5:26 pm said:

Hey Dan how do I go about creating a clan on Elite?

+ Buddhaluva1 on November 8th, 2011 at 5:28 pm said:

PS fans of COD should realize we are sloppy seconds compared to the xplodebox. MS always gets the DLC first. Am i the only one who sees it this way?

+ The_Apprentice on November 8th, 2011 at 5:42 pm said:

“Create a clan and Join social groups of players with similar interests. ”

How do we create a clan? o.O

+ soldiercell on November 8th, 2011 at 6:09 pm said:

I love MW3! the campaign is crazy and the multiplayer is too fun! My game of the year!

+ kratosMS555 on November 8th, 2011 at 6:19 pm said:

I pre order my elite. But i did not get my mw3 disc. Can i became a founder with black ops? I’m worried the dead line (11.13).

+ La_maravich_22 on November 8th, 2011 at 6:19 pm said:

MW3 = MW2 DLC 60$ PEOPLE Please dont buy MW3 Sony have great games like Uncharted 3 Killzone 3 Infamous 2 Dc Universe and have a lot more of third party games like Battlefield 3 , Batman Arkaham City NBA 2k12

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 10:01 pm said:

But…what if you want to play ALL those games, including MW3? Isn’t that okay? :)

+ La_maravich_22 on November 8th, 2011 at 6:20 pm said:

Ignorant people suck

+ La_maravich_22 on November 8th, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

MW3 0-10 Uncharted 3 10-10 A Masterpiece

+ XxSTORM_FRONTxX on November 8th, 2011 at 6:24 pm said:

elite is down.

+ luvtoseek on November 8th, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

At first, I did not want Elite. I don’t play MP except Spec-ops, even then I mean split-screen. I purchased the HE for all the DLCs which will be over $50. Facilitating clan/friends in matches are great, but it’s not for me. Even for BOps, I paid for the DLC because I played “Training” locally.

@ all inquiring about the value of Elite: it’s ALL the DLC Vs. $50. If you do NOT want the DLC, then this isn’t for you. If you want better clan management & enjoy the MP, you’ll love Elite (unless you do not req. the DLC).

Elite does not mirror MS Live. I’m talking about VALUE & really, isn’t that all that really matters?

+ Evolution_ten on November 8th, 2011 at 7:42 pm said:

damh i just finish the campaign of mw3 i really like it =D although it was short i enjoy it. when u start the last mission look so awesome xD

+ NorthernLitez on November 8th, 2011 at 7:48 pm said:

Disappointed that there was no 3d. I’m trading mine online for Resistance which is probably a better game anyways.

+ GILLIGAN- on November 8th, 2011 at 8:40 pm said:

What’s the point in reading this walkthrough when all I get is “Request Error: There was an error communicating with the Call of Duty ELITE service. Returning to the title screen.”

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 10:02 pm said:

Patience is a virtue. This massive network just launched and they are having some issues. Give it some time and follow @CallOfDutyElite on Twitter for updates on the status of the service.

+ christopher0906 on November 8th, 2011 at 9:13 pm said:

Why is it saying Request Error when i try to log on my Elite version?

+ TheCowboy09 on November 8th, 2011 at 9:48 pm said:

I’m still having problems getting on Call of Duty Elite for the PS3 right now. It’s saying it’s not available and that I can’t register my Call of Duty Elite card so I can finally get my Founder status and begin using it. Why is no one fixing this problem? I’ve seen it time and time again that people are saying this is an issue and nothing is being done to fix this problem! Can you please give me a straight answer instead of beating around the bush here?

+ Dan Amrich on November 8th, 2011 at 10:05 pm said:

Oh, please do not think that, because the problem is not yet solved, that nobody is fixing it. I am speaking from expeirence — I went to visit Beachhead Studio yesterday and what I found were very dedicated, very exhausted programmers and technicians who have been working on very little sleep for about the last week, working their butts off to get the service where it needs to be.

Yes, there are issues; yes, they happen to be too. But to suggest that nobody cares and nothing is being done is abjectly wrong, and I would ask that you not jump to the most negative conclusion available. It’s simply not fair to the people who are very actively trying to fix it and sacrificing a lot more than you are considering to get that fix in.

+ Ethereal on November 8th, 2011 at 11:06 pm said:

Would really like to know when clan support will be implemented?

+ DarkOne_PR on November 8th, 2011 at 11:08 pm said:

I just logged in to say that even thou i dislike MW2 Black ops and MW3 with a passion, i wanted to send kudos to Dan for dealing with a.s.s.h.o.l.e.s kids sometimes… I understand the perspective COD fans have for PS3, since we are being alienate, but then u are going to still buy the DLC bc u r blinded consumers… anyways, Dan good luck here and keep it up.

COD4 MW > All other COD’s

+ DarkOne_PR on November 8th, 2011 at 11:10 pm said:

BTW: I once read a joke about ur last name ” am rich” LMAO! its not that im making fun of u or ur heritage but u must admit that its pretty funny that ur working for activition and that suddenly pop up XD

PAGE 1 2 3