PS3-TLOU Left Behind

Enter the Morbid, Addictive World of PS Vita’s Escape Plan

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Nov 09, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

During this summer’s Gamescom, we invited Chris Millar to join us on the PlayStation.Blog and introduce Fun Bits Interactive and their first creation for PlayStation Vita, Escape Plan. Aside from the gorgeous black-and-white, film noir art style that pops right off the massive OLED screen, Escape Plan is truly unique game, thanks to its two memorable characters, LAARGE and LIL.

It’s time to check on their progress. Escape Plan Producer Matt Morton hopped in front of our cameras at Sony Santa Monica Studios recently, and was happy to give us this update on the art-direction, PS Vita multi-touch controls, and to show us why Escape Plan is such a harsh, but addictive puzzler.

22 Comments

+ materclobber on November 9th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

I suggest making a vita app store with games like this (so they will be cheaper). kind of like the apple apps but mostly games

+ ZachWuzHere on November 9th, 2011 at 12:50 pm said:

2nd first time!!! i love this game!

+ the_only_wizard on November 9th, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

Looking forward to this game.
just hope I have the funds for the PSVita on release day.

+ materclobber on November 9th, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

i’m pre ordering the vita soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

+ Tchanku on November 9th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Morbidly adorable, a day one purchase for me. :)

+ Elvick_ on November 9th, 2011 at 1:30 pm said:

Retail? This game looks fantastic. I can’t wait to play it, one of the promising new IPs for PSVita.

+ lisatsunami on November 9th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

Will definitely buy this. Did I miss the part whether this is an at-launch game?

+ AizawaYuuichi on November 9th, 2011 at 1:42 pm said:

Despite first impressions of “Limbo ripoff”, this game actually looks like it will be quite enjoyable. Can’t wait to pick it up.

+ DrPhiill on November 9th, 2011 at 1:45 pm said:

Can´t wait for the Vita to come so i can get my hands on the games, and then i really get my hands on them ^^ this game looks like alot of fun and i like the black and white style of the game, suits it well! Was this game gonna be out with the launch of the Vita? i dont remember if it has been said.

cheers!

+ gamemasta123 on November 9th, 2011 at 2:04 pm said:

So Sony. I heard that Germany let the cat outa the bag about the jak and daxter trilogy edition. SO SPILL THE BEANS!!!!

+ x-former on November 9th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

Game looks awesome! Day 1 purchase!!

But please make the “transition screens” more interesting! The screens that show u how well u did after solving a particular chamber. As it is the last time I saw them, it was just a black screen that showed how many stars u earned (1-5stars). I like the rank idea but please make it more interesting!! It’s quite literally the only thing I don’t like about this game.

+ dilbig5 on November 9th, 2011 at 2:43 pm said:

Been waiting for this since it’s announcement. Good looking, great gameplay, and a new IP.

+ SpyDudeFX on November 9th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

Any Fat Princess news? A patch? new maps? Anything?

+ D-Squad3 on November 9th, 2011 at 6:33 pm said:

So what about that $300 bundle for the Vita (Wifi only) in the US? Or you guys not listening to your fans and want us to spend the extra $50 we don’t want to?

+ Berae on November 9th, 2011 at 6:34 pm said:

That is the kind of game that will make me want to buy a Vita.

+ Rorschach413 on November 9th, 2011 at 9:11 pm said:

Games like this are the reason why I can’t wait for the vita. the visuals of this game look amazing. can’t wait to get my hands on tis game. Keep the good work up guys. day 1 purchase.

+ Tremulan777 on November 10th, 2011 at 8:12 am said:

Looks like limbo, but I hope the game is a success!!!!

+ Grexotic on November 10th, 2011 at 3:07 pm said:

i guess the touch controls could be fun

+ yellowjacket486 on November 11th, 2011 at 7:00 am said:

If sony ever makes a ps vita resistance bundle i’m sold

+ Sk8er4LifeXD on November 25th, 2011 at 6:49 am said:

PS Vita can’t wait to get my hands on u!!! =D

+ Phatty216 on November 28th, 2011 at 11:55 pm said:

What the top comment said, if the Vita wants to compete with Apple….you gotta have an App store. One like he said, with big games and small games here and there.

This looks like a great handheld game btw. Another reason for me to get a Vita.

+ ShadowTongy on December 5th, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

Looks very interesting, though I can say I won’t be purchasing this game right away… Money is a little tight, so I am mostly only buying the awesome games. :P