PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Canada Lounge Opening in Downtown Toronto this Weekend

Ashley Purdy's Avatar + Posted by Ashley Purdy on Nov 09, 2011 // Public Relations Specialist for Sony Computer Entertainment Canada

We here at PlayStation Canada are excited to announce the launch of the PlayStation Lounge in EB Games’ downtown Toronto location.

Splash MM - PlayStation - EB Games Yonge and Dundas 18

Designed from the ground up, the lounge will be located on the upper level of the EB Games’ downtown location at 267 Yonge Street in Toronto, Ontario. The goal of the PlayStation Lounge is to provide you with a one-stop shop for all your PlayStation needs.

In celebration of this journey, we’d like to invite all of our Canadian fans to attend the PlayStation Lounge Grand Opening event, details below:

Event Details
Sunday, November 13, 2011.
2-5 PM
267 Yonge Street, Toronto
Luke Schenn signing 2-3:30 PM / Naughty Dog signing 3:30-5 PM

Special guests will include Luke Schenn from the Toronto Maple Leafs and Robert Cogburn, Game Designer from Naughty Dog, the creators of the Uncharted franchise. The first 100 fans to line up will receive autographed hockey pucks from Schenn and autographed Nathan Drake scarves from Cogburn.

So come out and join us for the grand opening of the lounge, have your picture taken with Ratchet from the award-winning Insomniac franchise, and pick up some autographed swag too!

Please RSVP to the PlayStation Lounge Grand Opening by visiting our Facebook event page.

Splash MM - PlayStation - EB Games Yonge and Dundas 08

Splash MM - PlayStation - EB Games Yonge and Dundas 01Splash MM - PlayStation - EB Games Yonge and Dundas 02

40 Comments

+ doodoojerky on November 9th, 2011 at 9:42 am said:

We need more MOVE GAMES….plz?

+ dragonmagician on November 9th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

Already RSVP!

+ Kchow23 on November 9th, 2011 at 9:47 am said:

I would love to have an event like this take place in Vancouver, BC! seems like PlayStation is the only one that hasn’t shown up here since there’s always events from the MS and Nintendo.

+ jnel17jun on November 9th, 2011 at 10:01 am said:

What about a lounge in the US, maybe in San Diego California???
also next year will be my first time i go to Comic-Con San Diego, and i don¨t know if sony or playstation usually go there…. do you go???

+ crazy_kracker1 on November 9th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

we need that here in the states. it would kind of be like on home. no one can freeze us until the place closes lol

+ JoeTheBeast16 on November 9th, 2011 at 10:23 am said:

holy crap, i would looooove to go to that; plus that’s quite clever Playstation, to have that grand opening on the launch day of your 3d display! that lounge looks epic, you should buy a new building in Massena, NY for Gamestop, and build a lounge in that one too! cause the Gamestop here is in a dying mall that no one goes to for anything other then to buy something at gamestop or to eat a pretzel.
But yeah, I’d like a lounge like that in massena please! :p

+ bob52 on November 9th, 2011 at 10:46 am said:

Nice, the space looks awesome. Let hope it comes with exclusive deals on PlayStation games:)

+ VanCityActivist on November 9th, 2011 at 10:47 am said:

I’m with Kchow23… Us on the west coast seem to be left out of PS3 events here in the North!

+ MoneyMaker110 on November 9th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

there is already a lounge in NY. in it’s own place.

+ WrekGar on November 9th, 2011 at 11:19 am said:

Damn this would have been sweet to go to for my Bday… Alas I will be in California.

WrekGar AKA
PS Blogstalker

+ PS_man1984 on November 9th, 2011 at 12:07 pm said:

I wish Sony built these things in every state. Put one in Phoenix, AZ please!

+ skelekey on November 9th, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

Can you guys put one of these in South Florida Please? Preferably Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

+ CaptainJames99 on November 9th, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

I wonder how this is gonna work since the vastly overpriced sony stores in canada closed down a couple years ago. Its a shame really, if they had a clue in marketing they wouldn’t be getting out sold by every other sony dealer in town. But at least going in with EBgames is a smart move, at least they have an existing crowd of gamers. Though I can’t imagine this partnership lasting long term with sony openly warring on used game sales that are a significant part of EBgames business. Oh yeah to those asking for these stores in the states, they already have a few open. Nyc opened a few months ago and theres a few others I think.

+ Erik9990 on November 9th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

bulid one in the NYC thats to cool to only have in one spot….spread the joy

+ ODINGameslayer on November 9th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

@5: Like on Home? Oh, no… that means that when you go in, three guys in blue T-shirts walk up and dance on you while repeatedly proclaiming: “Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. I have no headset. I have no headset. I have no headset…” Requirement: “Chain Swing” must play over the speakers day and night.

+ vince8502 on November 9th, 2011 at 1:24 pm said:

can’t wait to see this

+ DJBennett1985 on November 9th, 2011 at 1:54 pm said:

I’m only a couple hours east so I might have to check this out. Can’t stand Schenn or the Leafs though :P

+ Whitefire78 on November 9th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

@12 +1

+ Elvick_ on November 9th, 2011 at 1:55 pm said:

Useless to me. I’m in BC.

+ randy3732 on November 9th, 2011 at 2:06 pm said:

@12 we need one in south florida maybe tampa or miami

+ PatriotEyez27 on November 9th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

I might come :)

+ krae_man on November 9th, 2011 at 4:35 pm said:

Looks neat, I’ll have to check it out next time I’m in TO. I’d go but leafs fans are crazy.

Also still confused about that facebook tiff.

+ JNM-CIM on November 9th, 2011 at 5:10 pm said:

Cool! Way to compete against Xbox’s lounge!

+ BrodiMAN on November 9th, 2011 at 8:58 pm said:

Come on Sony, do something down here in Atlanta! I swear you act as if the south doesn’t exist…

+ DARZERO on November 9th, 2011 at 9:55 pm said:

What about Calgary???Make it happen Sony. Thanks

+ Permafry_42 on November 10th, 2011 at 12:08 am said:

Vancouver! that’s where nintendo canada is located as well as a very large amount of talented developers! Please we want more vancouver ps events!

+ DyingInformant on November 10th, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

Heck yeah, I really want a place like this in Vancouver too!!! You could host Playstation events. I seriously don’t think I’ve ever seen a Playstation event anywhere in Vancouver or tri cities areas of BC, but I’ve seen Nintendo demonstrations in the malls a few times, and yeah, having them with headquarters here makes it VERY easy to do a warranty replacement without shipping anything in the mail. I wish Playstation was somewhere here!

+ big-Z_111 on November 10th, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

what about Europe?????

+ Elvick_ on November 10th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

@28: Go to the EU blog for that stuff. They would know after all.

+ ct112112 on November 10th, 2011 at 1:04 pm said:

freaking awsome

+ justice2501 on November 10th, 2011 at 1:31 pm said:

So regardless of fact that the Schenn and Cogburn are doing autographs at two different times, the first 100 people will get both right away?

+ Fenrisulfr_ on November 10th, 2011 at 1:47 pm said:

What is this Canada you speak of and can I pre-purchase one? I’m just kidding, this is pretty cool.

+ Grexotic on November 10th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

Wowzers! Congratulations! Let’s celebrate!

+ MaximMicheal on November 10th, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

Can you build one in Edmonton especially in West Edmonton Mall? That would be perfect!!!

+ Benmo316 on November 10th, 2011 at 6:06 pm said:

That looks amazing. I’m jealous of my neighbors to the north. It always pays to be in a big city.

+ DarthDanMan on November 10th, 2011 at 6:26 pm said:

@35
They all ready opened at least on in the US.

+ destroy619_ on November 11th, 2011 at 7:21 am said:

Build one here in Ohio :P

+ lakeeriessb on November 12th, 2011 at 7:08 pm said:

That’s all very nice. However I would be a lot more excited to get current browser support on the PS3 :)

+ CaptainJames99 on November 14th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

lakeeriessb makes a long overdue point. PS3 does need a better browser the browser currently included is outperformed by a Commodore 64 with lunix. No not linux go look it up for yourself.

+ MrGamerz123 on November 14th, 2011 at 7:58 pm said:

Thanks Sony! ALL HAIL CANADA!!!