PS4-The Order

Need for Speed The Run: PS3-Only Supercars Revealed, Michael Bay Trailer

Coulter Mulligan's Avatar + Posted by Coulter Mulligan on Nov 11, 2011 // Community Manager, EA

We’re days away from the release of Need for Speed The Run, the illicit cross-country race from San Francisco to New York in the fastest cars on the planet. Jack (played by Hollywood actor Sean Faris) finds himself racing against 200 other racers in pursuit of a $25 million cash prize.

Speaking of Hollywood, if PlayStation fans haven’t seen the new trailer directed by Michael Bay, definitely take a look right now:

Seriously cool, huh? In true Michael Bay form, it’s jam-packed with action and explosions. What’s really neat is that Bay actually took time to get his hands on the game, and talk with our creative team for inspiration.

If you’ve already pre-ordered the Limited Edition of the game, then you’re entitled to some really slick cars, including the Lamborghini Aventador.

But PS3 players get another bonus: seven supercars! Today, exclusively on the PlayStation.Blog, we are revealing two of these seven cars with in-game screenshots and specs. Which one is your favorite?

Lexus_LFA_WM

Lexus LFA

Lexus enters the world of 200mph supercars with the LFA. Helping push it over the 200mph barrier is a 4.8L V10 and a carbon fiber frame to minimizing weight. The engine can go from idle to redline in 0.6 seconds, forcing Lexus engineers to use a digital display because the needle wasn’t fast enough. In Need for Speed The Run, hear what is described as “the roar of an angel” as the Lexus LFA battles it out with the fastest supercars in the world.

Porsche_Carrera_GT_WM

Porsche Carrera GT

With an engine originally designed to be an endurance racing prototype, the Porsche Carrera GT is a 200mph bullet. Production ran from 2004-2006, but the mid-engine V10 is hardly forgotten. Boasting 604hp, 15-inch brakes and an automated spoiler that adjusts above 70mph, the Carrera GT is as beautiful in its design as it is in its sound. In The Run, you’ll find yourself turning up the volume just so you can hear the incredible whine coming from the dual exhaust pipes.

• Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
  • Hennessey Venom GT
  • GUMPERT apollo s
  • Lamborghini Countach QV5000
  • Koenigsegg Agera R
  • Lexus LFA
  • Porsche Carrera GT

The Run was developed on PlayStation, and these cars are going to look spectacular. Who wouldn’t want to start with some of the fastest cars on the planet right off the bat?

Remember, Need for Speed The Run is out next Tuesday, November 15th, so pre-order now.

+ guitarded77 on November 11th, 2011 at 10:38 am said:

Yeah, I’ll wait for a price drop. The game looks decent, but there are too many other games right now.

+ dancinglights800 on November 11th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

Hmmmmmmmmm, $25 million is the prize, eh? So, if I win i will buy a PS Vita 3G!

+ Darkwatcher on November 11th, 2011 at 10:48 am said:

Can you add Skyrim as a full downloable title on PSN? Thank you for reading.

Coulter Mulligan's Avatar

+ Coulter Mulligan on November 11th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

Unfortunately, I cannot. You’re welcome. :)

+ lisatsunami on November 11th, 2011 at 11:02 am said:

Hey, Darkwatcher, you’re hijacking the blog of somebody who has nothing to do with Skyrim.

However, ha, ha, I agree with you. I’d buy the game again if it was a digital download. Even if it took 30 gig.

+ driftersgonewild on November 11th, 2011 at 11:08 am said:

My 2005 Dogde Neon SRT-4 would never keep up with those cars in a race for $25 million lol

+ Enforcer_X on November 11th, 2011 at 11:14 am said:

Day 1!

+ lcmnick on November 11th, 2011 at 11:18 am said:

Played the demo, was impressed!

Disappointed it’s a timed demo though, only got to play it once :(

Coulter Mulligan's Avatar

+ Coulter Mulligan on November 11th, 2011 at 11:20 am said:

Sorry you didn’t get to play it that much! Hopefully you at least got to check out the Independence Pass level with the avalanche!

+ XxDeathDoctorxX on November 11th, 2011 at 11:25 am said:

My brother roomate is buying a ps3 for this game and burn out paradise since its the best on ps3 :-)

+ rockinjs864 on November 11th, 2011 at 12:22 pm said:

LOL @ 2 did you read a lil too fast?

+ thepatriots on November 11th, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

Until EA and NFS stop hogging the Porsche license I will not support ANY NFS game. It is just wrong. It is akin to if Battlefield exclusively licensed the M4 so no other game could use it. I know Porsche and EA execs developed a friendship after NFS Porsche Unleashed but throwing money around does not buy respect. Tell me, how many Porsches have been sold through NFS… whatever it is it is not nearly as much as the amount of Evos, WRXs, Vipers and GTR all introduced to Americans through Gran Turismo.

+ MadMeat001 on November 11th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

the trailer is not that good, anyway can we expect this to be released digitally on Psn? :D

+ SalMoriarty on November 11th, 2011 at 2:12 pm said:

This looks like Cannonball Run the Game. Would I be able dress up as Captain Chaos?

+ LordRazen38 on November 11th, 2011 at 2:15 pm said:

Nice this is just getting better and better

+ mistasmooth25 on November 11th, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

@2 I didn’t know it was timed, I played it a few times and it hasn’t said that I ran out of time :-S

+ mistasmooth25 on November 11th, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

I meant @7

+ Xanzar on November 11th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

Mitsubishi 3000 VR-4 that would be a nice dlc as its one of the few “forgotten supercars” well anyway nice game, i think this will be a great addon to the NFS collection im building. :)

+ Creative_ae on November 11th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

Awesome, cant wait !!

+ sugarfree98USA on November 11th, 2011 at 5:23 pm said:

awesome game,will for sure check out!

+ Evolution_ten on November 11th, 2011 at 5:48 pm said:

nice….LFA

+ arkard1000 on November 11th, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

it’s ok, a trailer from Michael Bay, but why the cars has transformers sounds!? so lame, need for speed transformers! hahaha. btw this is old, you guys should be update with news

+ Kchow23 on November 11th, 2011 at 6:46 pm said:

The Avalanche level in the demo looks really cool, but the other one was boring… hope there are plenty of levels that are up to par with the Avalanche level since it is what makes this game stand out.

+ GoKu_DaShUn95 on November 11th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

c bien

+ TOO_KWEEK on November 12th, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

I’ve got the game pre-ordered, but why won’t the download demo window open on PS Store?

+ codeplaymeb on November 12th, 2011 at 11:31 am said:

I didn´t like the demo. Cars pixelated in the showroom (when we select the car), the precision of the controls is inferior compared to Hot Pursuit, the framerate is unstable (it´s even horrible when we finish the race – before the final animation kicks in with the lettering, it hangs there a little), and during the race when the car is too close to the border of the road it´s automatically picked and put back in the center. They should gave it a larger margin before the car gets picked. As it is now is ridiculous and sometimes frustrating. They don´t give us the chance to correct the trajectory.
Overal it´s far less polished than Hot Pursuit. Only the concept, with the interference of exterior elements in the race, is a step ahead.

+ codeplaymeb on November 12th, 2011 at 11:32 am said:

And i agree with the comment posted by the patriots: the exclusive use/license of the Porsche brand is a lame excuse to sell NFS games. It damages the industry (fragmenting the market), it damages the users who love and buy car themed games (missing historic brands/models they like), and it´s a bad practice because it induces others to adopt the same strategy (Ferrari license and Microsoft for example) to keep up with the market.
That´s the reason there´s no Ferraris in NFS Hot Pursuit and NFS The RUN. Quite stupid reason, right?

+ codeplaymeb on November 12th, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

Forgot to mention the strange and unrealistic crash behaviors sometimes sending the car almost vertically to the sky (try a frontal collision for example) and similar strange things.

Criterion Games (the developer of NFS Hot Pursuit) have made an outstanding job with their game at all levels (great sense of spectacularity and emotion). It will be hard to reach their quality.

+ Shark2brasil on November 12th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

Do I purchase Battlefield 3 and could not Pass Sign-Up Online.
The system does not recognize the Playstation Store for the Region of Latin America. When EA will fix the problem to end the Playstation Network has no region lock

+ devilmosh on November 12th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

The timed demo killed it for me, since I didn’t get to play it at all. A lot of downloadable stuff came out at that time so I didn’t get right to it, and I had no idea there was a limit until I fired it up and it gave me a big FAIL. Ridiculous.

So… I’ll wait until it’s cheaper and maybe give it a shot then.

+ JimInPT on November 12th, 2011 at 11:15 pm said:

I’ll be so happy when this lowlife ghetto crap dies out.

+ D34DL1N3R on November 13th, 2011 at 5:48 am said:

Guess I won’t be buying this one. Sorry, but I don’t support games with exclusive items only to one system. Seven cars are PS3 only? Lame! The least you could do is give the 360 seven DIFFERENT exclusive cars, giving the player the option to pick which 7 they would prefer more.

+ headronefish on November 13th, 2011 at 8:29 am said:

Michael Bay trailer + demo with no steering wheel support + console exclusive content = no thanks, EA. I bet there’s going to be day one dlc too.

+ ShadowHogs14 on November 13th, 2011 at 8:42 pm said:

would my 2000 ford focus last

+ Rick1220 on November 13th, 2011 at 9:55 pm said:

If you guys can wait until Black Friday this is going to be $30.00 at Best Buy.

+ Badboyami9 on November 14th, 2011 at 5:34 am said:

Bughatti Veyron? As in the fastest production car in the world? THAT Bughatti Veyron?

+ BloodiedWraith on November 14th, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

I’m going to wait until Black Friday to pick it up for $29.99. I have a feeling the only car I’ll want to race in is going to be the Camaro ZL1. I couldn’t afford one of them so I bought a 2012 Camaro 2LT RS so this will be the closest I get to racing in one of those =(

+ mistasmooth25 on November 14th, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

@34 yeah, THAT Bughatti Veryon 16.4 Super Sport!

+ corduroygt on November 14th, 2011 at 9:32 pm said:

A better use of the EA/Sony collaboration (NFS, BF3) would be to let Porsche’s be in Gran Turismo 5.

+ mgsolidsnake36 on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:08 am said:

i have the need for speed the run and ive completed the changes and they are all gold and platuim and i need to know how to unlock all the cars in the story mode it would be good if somone can help me in this matter :)