Horizon Zero Dawn

Nov 11

Nov 11

PlayStation’s 3D Display Hits This Weekend, Watch the Full Tour

Abby Reyes's Avatar Posted by Sr. PR Specialist, Hardware

Hi everyone! It’s officially dark at 6pm and the crisp, woodsy smell in the air lets me know that the holidays are just around the corner. With so many great 3D-compatible titles, such as UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception, Batman Arkham City, and Assassin’s Creed Revelations, recently launched and coming, there’s no shortage of 3D entertainment on the PS3 system this holiday season. That being said, the 3D Display is sure to be a hit under the tree, so we thought we’d give you all a personalized tour of the product.

Featuring a luminous 24” LCD screen with full HD 1080p 3D presentation, the 3D Display delivers an incredible high-definition stereoscopic 3D experience, offering best-in-class visuals in both 2D and 3D for all of you gamers. As our first official gaming display, the 3D Display is enhanced for gaming with SimulView, a special feature that allows you to view individual, unique, full-screen images of gameplay in two-player mode.

We’re very excited to be able to deliver a comprehensive 3D package at an affordable price. We firmly believe that 3D games will lead the charge into 3D adoption and this bundle arrives when great 3D games are launching. The 3D Display bundle is available at a retailer near you for $499.99 (MSRP). It includes the 3D Display, a copy of MotorStorm Apocalypse, one pair of PlayStation 3D Glasses, and an HDMI cable. The 3D Glasses will also be available separately for $69.99 MSRP.

What 3D titles have you played? Are you excited about SimulView? Let us know!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

JoeTheBeast16 said:

November 11th, 8:25 pm

seriously, I want a list of the Simulview games!!!!

DJ_Steve93 said:

November 11th, 8:47 pm

takin off work to set it up, cant wait to play U3, MK9, and Socom..

DJ_Steve93 said:

November 11th, 8:48 pm

IN 3-FREAKIN-D!!!!

michaelochs said:

November 11th, 9:30 pm

wth gamestop said it was led ?

Sobe121 said:

November 11th, 11:23 pm

why did i have to get a new tv last x-mas….WHY! :( ….

D1zzy-88 said:

November 12th, 3:18 am

Yeah i pre ordered this from gamestop and was told it was led. And a list of upcoming simulview games would be nice too! Perfect for borderlands 2!!!

VietKnight said:

November 12th, 9:56 am

I preorder this before Spet 30 at Gamestop so getting that preorder bonus of Resistance 3 and what was better is that you get Uncharted 3 for free buying on release day to Dec 22

amshockeyfan said:

November 12th, 10:21 am

@57, how did you find out about that additional bonus at Gamestop?

VietKnight said:

November 12th, 10:27 am

@58 I just found out yesterday about it when they just told me kind of a shocker really.

hjason1 said:

November 12th, 10:45 am

This tv is to small and over priced….

jsolares said:

November 12th, 11:30 am

@54 michaelochs yes it is a LED LCD display the “LED” part just means that is a different technology that allows thiner design and less energy usage

xylazong said:

November 12th, 1:41 pm

Does this come with SimulListen? If I’m playing 2 player do we both need glasses and headphones?? Otherwise the sounds just going to be messed up, isn’t it?

YungShep said:

November 12th, 4:29 pm

i own a 3D TV Samsung p490 series, bought it in March, just for Mortal Kombat :) but i’ve played the entire catalog of 3D games to date.

best 3D experiences so far. top 10 in no particular order

Uncharted 3
Resistance 3
ICO/SOTC—->ONLY PLAYED SOTC SO FAR THO
Motorstorm: Apocalypse
Killzone 3
GT5
COD:Black Ops
Sonic Generations>>>>THIS IS EPIC IN 3D! TRY IT ALL!
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout Fury

hands down best 3D experiences i’ve played so far. fps really benefit with 3D and Sony Devs really take advantage of the tech.

i will be buying a pair of those sony glasses tho, love that ps logo

YungShep said:

November 12th, 4:32 pm

notable titles that you should really play in 3D

Batman:Arkham City
Mortal Kombat
Socom 4

and 3D movies really worth watching

Lion King, Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs, Resident Evil:Afterlife, Sanctum

and if your lucky enough to have Direct TV, they have 3D programming available. ESPN 3D is very serious! especially football, basketball, and x games.

arkard1000 said:

November 12th, 5:52 pm

too small for me

joalisonps said:

November 12th, 10:08 pm

no brasil quando chegar?

D1zzy-88 said:

November 12th, 11:19 pm

@57 – I called my local gamestop and they said they arent giving out uncharted 3 with the bundle. That would make this an awesome deal though…oh well.

D1zzy-88 said:

November 12th, 11:27 pm

Ok never mind…i guess ill just have to print this out and bring it with me! Kinda cool when they add stuff after you pre-order!!! Check it out:

evil23alej said:

November 13th, 9:01 am

Just got it yesterday its pretty good for what it is got it with the resistance 3 and motorstom game bundle. Wish it came with another glasses but for $500 its a great deal for a 3D T.V. while I’ll play in my office room since the screen is small plus its 6 pounds

PirateHarlock said:

November 13th, 9:58 am

Still too chicken to reply openly eh sony? That shows u really have confidence in your nickle & dime pass scam. Way to go hiding behind trolls again.

SpeedyRyan-_- said:

November 13th, 9:58 am

Is ghosting/crosstalk reduced on this display?

PirateHarlock said:

November 13th, 10:00 am

but back to the topic at hand namely this small overrpiced tv. As many have said it is too small if it was 32 inches or larger it would garner more sales. If and its a big IF it doesn’t catch fire like sony’s previous tv released this year it will garner fewer returns and bad PR also.

WarHawk_ said:

November 13th, 10:01 am

I like the idea of simulview and the fact that Playstation made a TV for us gamers… But I won’t be getting this TV
Mainly because I would rather buy a 32″ or larger siezed TV screen, I also prefer a more sleek design. (Don’t really like the oval shape, that’s just my opinion though) If Sony ever releases a redesigned model that is at least 32″ I would be the 1st one to buy it… Aside from that I hope all Playstation fans who bought this have an awesome experience with the 1st official Playstation TV.

Flyers108 said:

November 13th, 10:38 am

I’ll probably be picking this up at some point. I’d like to see a bundle with a game that I actually want, but any game is still an extra game. I’m also buying it for the screen anyway. The 24″ size is fine for me; it also matches the size of my current computer monitor, so I could use it as a second screen for when the new Star Wars game comes out. Plus, it’s 3D! I want to see what Naughty Dog has cooked up in the 3D department. I may pick up Killzone 3 after I get this too.

Good idea, PlayStation!

Psx0005 said:

November 13th, 11:04 am

Haters will hate. This is a good introductory package for those that haven’t stepped into the 3D arena, especially for a Sony-brand. Yes, there are cheaper units probably out there, but as the saying goes-you get what you pay for. I’m looking forward to getting this for my spare bedroom for my other PS3, so good job Sony!

KUZY_3 said:

November 13th, 8:24 pm

Sounds good but I want 3D without glasses!

Type-F- said:

November 13th, 10:44 pm

Give me 40 inch or more and i’ll buy it

LordIncubus said:

November 14th, 7:08 am

Okay I got mine yesterday morning and it is everything you would expect and more.
First the bad: Must by a remote and extra glasses.
Yes, it is only 24 inchs which for some can be a bad or good thing. Let me remind you this is not a TV for your living room that’s 12×12 its for your dorm room or your bedroom.

The Good: I pre -ordered this TV and my local Gamestop gave me Uncharted 3 for FREE!! So in total this came with Motorstorm and Uncharted 3. (I was originally disappointing about not getting Resistance 3) Now I am even more happy than I was originally.
It’s an amazing TV with an extremely sharp images and super deep blacks.
3D is amazing and really adds to the gameplay in several ways. Always puts a smile on my face.
Tons of 3D compatible games. After getting the TV I wanted to see which games I could play in 3D. I own 40 games or so and about 18 are 3D.

Overall it is worth the price. I don’t think they will make a bigger TV because they would have to jump the price up about $400 which would make it a $900 TV. But after trading in a few games to Game stop I payed $350 for a 3D TV and two games.

REDRIBBON2012 said:

November 14th, 8:27 am

The resistence 3 bundle is for usa and canada before september 2011 preorder.

For a bonus in canada, you get uncharted 3 too if you preordered.

I just got my display in the usa. I got my 2 games and 4 glasses. All set now. No need for uncharted 3, my girlfriend bought it anyways.

Fun!!!!

BadRamblinRex said:

November 14th, 8:42 am

I sure can wait. I can wait for a larger screen (32″ min) as well as the elimination of the ONLINE PASS. What a childish and greedy thing to do. I am among those who can not afford the $60 price tag for any game. As a PS Plus subscriber I don’t think it is right or fair that I should have to pay an extra $10 to play online as a punishment for not being able to afford the unreasonable $60 price tag of new games. Shame on those who came up with the idea and shame on those who support it and double shame on those who blindly pay that extra money that only encourages their greed.

theassassin1693 said:

November 14th, 9:10 am

So any plans for support with nvidia 3D Vision or 3DTV? PC detects it as a generic 60Hz monitor.

CaptainJames99 said:

November 14th, 10:22 am

Yeah you got a load of people telling you its too small. Supposedly has simulview but only comes with ONE pair of glasses. Advertised as a TV and yet incorporates no tuner. And the price just isn’t justified. Don’t even start on the games that were allegedly included but suddenly dissapeared from the offer as previously advertised.

Matrix_Lion said:

November 14th, 7:28 pm

This video on the 3D Display really sold me and the SimulView very impressive. Sony you really put a lot of thought into this display, but a 32 inch screen would have been a lot nicer. All in all I’m excited about this product.

amshockeyfan said:

November 14th, 8:09 pm

So far, so good. I am really enjoying everything so far.

I am loving the capability to be able to power down the PS3 and the display going into standby after approximately 5 seconds. Also being able to turn on the PS3 and the display will turn on automatically from standby.

NICE41 said:

November 15th, 3:45 am

*ATTENTION SITE STAFF* Does anyone know why Amazon has pushed their release date back for the 3D Display? I Just got an email saying they were sorry for the delay and it won’t ship now until December 15th. Any information on this will be appreciated!

CommandingTiger said:

November 15th, 2:05 pm

LCD?
I tought it was OLED, or at least LED…

FlyingPenguin10 said:

November 22nd, 10:31 am

Does the tv support splitscreen on any 3d game or just some games

ankitgup said:

November 25th, 1:40 am

when is this launching in india??

supermariofan101 said:

November 25th, 5:59 pm

Can you guys upload an online manual to the support site? Thanks.

StrikingWater said:

December 6th, 4:03 pm

No Remote??? deal breaker!

PAGE 1 2