PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Around The Web: What We Read

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Nov 13, 2011 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Jeff‘s on some well-deserved R-and-R, so I’ll be helming this week’s reading list. No surprises here: The launch of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Call of Duty: MW3 dominated mindshare, while UNCHARTED 3 continues to earn top marks.

One more thing: Some PlayStation.Blog readers have mentioned encountering issues with our new YouTube-based video platform, particularly videos that require an age verification to see (i.e. Mature-rated videos). Below, we’ve embedded a video. If you don’t see it, please help us by leaving a comment outlining a) your operating system (Windows, Mac, Android, etc) b) your web browser and version number c) a description of the problems you are seeing (missing video, non-functional video, error code, etc) and d) any other information that seems important.

Thanks guys! What are you playing this weekend?

The PS.Blog weekly reading list (Week of November 7, 2011)

+ Spacerac on November 13th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

HEY SID!
I make sure to read PS Around the Web every week, but I missed the chance to miss this highly important question relating to one of the articles from last week;

You guys will keep us in the know about what Naughty Dog is doing for UnKarted right? RIGHT?! :D

+ xColo- on November 13th, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

No problems whatsoever. I could watch the whole video.

+ Butters360 on November 13th, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

I have no problems using Chrome.

+ Ftwrthtx on November 13th, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

Video works fine for me.

Here’s my Uncharted 3 Review

10/10

Here’s my review for MW3

9/10

+ zzamaro on November 13th, 2011 at 1:05 pm said:

Abby Reyes is pretty. Una hermosa mujer.

I’ll be playing MGS HD. I’m one of the few who picked that game instead of Call of Duty XD

+ Sparx88 on November 13th, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

(Windows 7/ Firefox 8/ No Video)

I really enjoyed watching the Kevin Butler video about rage quitting earlier this week and I hope to see more like it in the future. I think gamers and non-gamers alike can benefit from seeing inspirational videos like it to help highlight the finer qualities of this hobby we call gaming.

+ Sparx88 on November 13th, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

Wait, now I have video. Scratch my earlier comment

Also I’ll be trying to finish up my Crushing run of Uncharted 3 and when that’s done I may get back to Red Dead GotY edition.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 13th, 2011 at 10:36 pm said:

Did you change anything on your browser, or did the video eventually show up?

+ sciteach on November 13th, 2011 at 1:20 pm said:

Tooling around on the Crushing difficulty on UC3, leveling up on the MP part too. loving that. ALso said goodbye to my life when I purchased Skyrim

+ QDOG8 on November 13th, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

I’m on Android 2.3.4 and the video won’t even show a “Play” button.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 13th, 2011 at 10:36 pm said:

Thanks

+ dilbig5 on November 13th, 2011 at 2:45 pm said:

Kevin Butler FTW

+ the_phoenix on November 13th, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

Can’t see the video on an Android HTC Sensation. YouTube is trying, but but double-tapping to zoom the page in and out it looks like there’s an age verification dialogue *under* the image. Stock browser, not tried mobile FireFox.

+ Slythex on November 13th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

Windows 7 (64-bit), Firefox 8. Missing video.

+ Slythex on November 13th, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

Hmmm. Scratch that. Played around with my NoScript plugin. Once I allowed “longtailvideo.com”, the video showed up.

+ KingDubin on November 13th, 2011 at 4:03 pm said:

Hey, Sid,

I’ve been having a problem with my PS3 ever since I got it. Apparently, it has never recognized when Daylight Savings Time comes around. Has anybody else have this problem? And can anybody give me any sort of suggestions as to what to do? B/C I got everything set correctly under the Date and Time Settings, but it has never recognized the change in time every single year, and I have owned my PS3 for about 5 years.

Thanks!

+ KingDubin on November 13th, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

NVM my last comment; I figured it out. Turned out I had the time zone under EASTERN Standard Time, and I live in Northern Indiana. O.O

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 13th, 2011 at 6:39 pm said:

She’s beautiful!

+ MTK4355 on November 13th, 2011 at 7:41 pm said:

No problems on iPhone 4 Safari.. Playing Uncharted 3 and getting murdered at multiplayer!! Some of you guys are awesome!

+ EggySong85 on November 13th, 2011 at 8:54 pm said:

iPad 2 safari here, everything’s fine on this front.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 13th, 2011 at 10:36 pm said:

Thanks!

+ zizo77 on November 14th, 2011 at 4:26 am said:

This blog post and recab post are not shown in the mobile ver of the blog.
regarding the video:
(Ubuntu Linux 64-bit/ Firefox 7) works.
(android browser/opera mobile with flash plug-in disabled) verify age -> no video
(android browser w/ flash plug-in) “verify dialog” is behind the video picture !
( android opera mobile w/ flash) works w/ black borders in the sides
Also in android the videos borders are shrieked vertically.
(ps3 browser) not tested : doesn’t work i guess :).

+ Elvick_ on November 14th, 2011 at 10:52 pm said:

The age gate kills most of the links below the video. You have to actually enter a date to be able to click on them. May want to look into that.

+ magicfan345 on November 15th, 2011 at 1:39 am said:

Hi, the video worked fine once I put in a date. However, I’ve been having a minor problem on the main blog page…. for the last month or two I’m unable to see the banner/title at the top of each post like I used to could. It would be nice if you fixed that, then I would be able to get an idea right away what the post is about, who wrote it, what date, etc. Right now it just shows white space in between posts. I’m using Windows Vista with Internet Explorer 7. Thanks !