One of the keys to designing ModNation Racers: Road Trip was listening carefully to our current community’s input. They gave us their wish list and like a genie in a bottle we are ecstatic to reveal these great new additions to track your creating arsenal.
1. Multiple Themes: With the power of Vita, San Diego Studio was able to give the user access to up to five times more “goodies” to create with than on PS3. In ModNation Racers: Road Trip the creator has access to over 20 different prop themes and can now mix-n-match up to fifteen of those into their track’s creation.
This means ModNation Racers: Road Trip players can now look forward to experience whole new un-seen worlds. Now THAT is cool! I can’t wait to see them!
2. Fully Rotatable Props: Now track creators have the ability to manipulate all of their track props in full 360 degrees on all axis points (big words for AWESOME!) along with complete scalability of items. Now that alien invaded scenario you have wanted to create with its buildings, buses, parked cars, tanks and park fountains turned on their heads is as easy as rotating two fingers on the front touch screen on the Vita.
3. Draw Track / Trace Track Modes: One of the first features most players will notice and enjoy right off the bat is the two track draw modes. You have previously seen how with MNR: Road Trip you can draw your track in only seconds using just one finger via the front touch screen. What you may not know is now with Vita’s built in camera you can snap photos of anything from your little brother’s face, a fire hydrant, a bus route map of your town or maybe even your cat. Import it and trace the image as the outline of your track. We can’t wait to see what the ModNation comes up with!
4. Estimated Track Times: When you have the whole world in your hands time can seem to fly by so we created a meter that estimates the lap time of your track.
These are only a few of the many cool new features introduced in ModNation Racers: Road Trip. Stay tuned for more in the upcoming weeks.
Creations of the Week: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and RACE!
ModNation Racers prides itself on these environmentally friendly issues:
- Zero tolerance Kart exhaust emission policy
- Modspot maintenance EVERY night from 2am-4am (in case you didn’t know)
- All Mod and Kart paints are lead free
- Flowers not only look nice but do indeed smell nice (preparation for smello-vision)
- No night racing saves on electrical bills
- Biff and Gary carpool. They actually do like each other!
This Week’s Top Tracks: One Man’s Trash…
Creations of the Week: Paper or Plastic?
Hot Lap Tracks Of The Week: Didjerama and Big Thunder Mountain by statickey_660 (this week’s Hot Lap tracks were chosen by the community so it goes without saying that having two of your tracks chosen as track of the week is quite an accomplishment and a first in the vaulted annals of ModNation history. Congrats!)
Monday: Didjerama by statickey_660
Tuesday: Big Thunder Mountain by statickey_660
Wednesday: Ruins of Karzha v1.3 by Iop330
Thursday: Ski resort by yISK8TLZPqQ
Friday: WHALE old resort by tadaryou
Saturday: Port Islander by atheistsw
Sunday: Grab Some Pine by PH1LThy31