Uncharted 4

Nov 16

Nov 16

PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance

Patrick Seybold's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

PlayStation Network will be offline for routine scheduled maintenance on Thursday, November 17th from approximately 8am until 10pm PST.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

• PlayStation Store on PS3 and PSP.
  • PlayStation Network Account Management.
  • PlayStation Network Account Registration.

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from us.playstation.com. However, some users may be able to play online during the maintenance.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game Trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when maintenance has concluded.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Add Your Own

etur0 said:

November 16th, 10:33 am

@everyone who is complaining just play one the awesome single player games while it is down the only hard part is trying to chose one because there are so many to choose from

John-Shooter said:

November 16th, 10:35 am

gotta hand it to the people that are supporting that other crowd thats ruining the PSN and the PS3.. gotta hand it too them

we probably wouldnt be going through all this crap if it wasnt for them and we’d have actual feature filled updates rather than your usual +.01 security patches and maintenance’s

looks like i’ll be playing the 14th final fantasy and maybe some DCUO on the pc or something till psn comes back on line

i like how people bash sony about these things and totally ignore people that are stealing from them on a daily basis but hey to each his own

John-Shooter said:

November 16th, 10:37 am

if they remove any more features they should ditch the stupid facebook feature and the dumb internet search thats between the start the game option and eject disc.. i keep hitting that stupid thing and starting the browser when i go to eject the disc w/ the controller

TwinDad said:

November 16th, 10:38 am

They need to long time to integrate the new 2 device limit for PSN purchased. They need to isntall the new PSN software. QA the system, then test the system and go live. They are making major changes to the store back end it will take time.

JonJonXD said:

November 16th, 10:40 am

I hope this isn’t all just for the policy change with activated consoles.

mastorofpuppetz said:

November 16th, 10:43 am

@25, give mea break MW3 can’t hold BF3’s jock strap….. COD appeals to all the 12 year odls and is casual/arcade action thus more popular. BF3 is all about strategy, full on war with massive maps, vehicles that awards team play and playing to a classes strengths. COD is a kids game, BF3 is in another league.

ClubNewell said:

November 16th, 10:45 am

Patience is seriously needed here ……lol..great comments lol

Sebatrox said:

November 16th, 10:45 am

I will play Black Ops – combat training offline with my sister :)

JEC94 said:

November 16th, 10:46 am

PS4 coming in 2013,fact or fake?

BlueDiamonds1963 said:

November 16th, 10:49 am

Fake, why would they be making newer models of the ps3 if they had a ps4 in mind??

evil23alej said:

November 16th, 11:06 am

OH a new Sony it does ad.

mastorofpuppetz said:

November 16th, 11:07 am

MS will come out with a new xbox 2012 Sony cannot afford to be late and behind like they have ben his entire gen. What a disaster the PS3 has been for Sony despite a great lineup of games…. They lost a tonne of money and market share and have made bad decision after bad decision.

They need to be smarter with the PS4…

Kryshalis said:

November 16th, 11:16 am

Engrish

Nv3rt1igh7 said:

November 16th, 11:18 am

Time to go outside….?
Cheers for the update ;)

BlueDiamonds1963 said:

November 16th, 11:19 am

Is X-Box finnaly going to get blueray in 2012 then, or 3D for that matter?

EdReedFan20 said:

November 16th, 11:20 am

Hey, that happens to be the PS3’s 5th birthday (In America, Canada, Hong Kong, and Taiwan). Happy early b-day PS3!

ugo_88 said:

November 16th, 11:25 am

so now the guys that works at sony should be doing a night shift just to please some old kids so they can play online in the middle of the week? They got life and family too maybe some people should think before crying

rxpapi12 said:

November 16th, 11:46 am

Were you guys not paying attention from last week?(or two weeks ago) This update is what will cut down our ps3 download usage to only 2 consoles and will also allow us to remotely deactivate consoles. I dislike the cutdown on the limit but appreciate the fact I will soon be able to deactivate my old broken ps3.

NAUTICA_OMEGA said:

November 16th, 11:54 am

i am majorly tired of mergers freezing home public spaces.we cant enjoy ourselves because others are enjoying freezing up our systems.please look into demolishing this annoying nonsense

bkddd said:

November 16th, 12:15 pm

@ everyone

If you guys look closer you can play online but you just can’t but things on the store, or access account management (which is for password changes, changing your avatar, etc.) so don’t get all crazy about it

lisatsunami said:

November 16th, 12:20 pm

Yay, servers down most of CA gaming time. Now my PSN friends won’t see the disturbing amount of time I live as a meeleeing, archer Mage in Tamriel. Thursday, anyway.

DCS-Tekken said:

November 16th, 12:21 pm

Hmmm, Sounds like Hacker Problems again. Trying to fix what Hackers have done yet again.

Ohno!

Welfare_Child said:

November 16th, 12:28 pm

don’t know why people are complaining and asking dumb questions. it doesn’t effect me cause i have a job and a life so i’m okay with this, it’s just maintenance for 14hrs who the hell plays 14hrs straight oh i forgot people who have no lives/no job. maintenance is a good thing don’t yah want stability and probably something new or improved in the xmb and psn!?

JoeTheBeast16 said:

November 16th, 12:28 pm

I don’t know if all of you are aware of this or not, but PS3 is actually significantly more popular in Europe and Japan, and yes, even more popular then the 360 in those parts of the world.
So you can probably bet that they are doing it in the middle of the day for us so that it’s the middle of the night for the areas of the world that are more concentrated with PS3 users; assuming it’s maintenance for the whole network and not just the US network. But in either case, i’d prefer them maintain the network like this then end up with it down again for a couple months, so you all can quit complaining.

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

November 16th, 12:30 pm

why isn’t the maintenance at late night? like from 0hrs to 14hrs or something like that, when people are sleeping or at school/work

JoeTheBeast16 said:

November 16th, 12:34 pm

Also, this is exactly why everyone should have an amazing singleplayer game to fall back on in times of network outage,
I had Portal 2 for the big outage, and that worked for me.
So I’m PRETTY sure that Skyrim will suffice for just one day :p

invision2212 said:

November 16th, 12:51 pm

these maintenance usually dont knock me offline so hopefully us east coasters can still play MW3 if not i have 70 other retail games i can play i still need to finish up mass effect 2…..scrap that idea im going to buy uncharted 3 instead i needed a excuse to buy it thanks sony :D

invision2212 said:

November 16th, 12:53 pm

@75 i bought portal 2 as well when PSN went down i never played it before and ended up loving it

crazy_kracker1 said:

November 16th, 12:58 pm

the question is whats really going on they wont tell us

EJayDub said:

November 16th, 12:58 pm

They’re doing the maintenance during the night in Europe which is a larger and more important market than the declining American market. Shutting down the PSN during the day in the weak NA market? No biggie!

dtgfunk said:

November 16th, 1:10 pm

Does the Sony team call it Main-ten-ance or Maint-nance?

wolfman-11 said:

November 16th, 1:22 pm

First things first everyone that is complaining get a life!!! ( or play a awsome single player game I mean come on in the past month they realesed 7 games.)

The update is probally going to be cool or lame doesn’t matter it’s PSN.

What I will be doing is chilling with a little ACR and Raymen: Orgins( ya its a good game!)

I have one question though is when will be the Home update? Just wondering.

CaptainJames99 said:

November 16th, 1:25 pm

This is why older generations look down on this generation for not taking pride in their work. SCEA is typical of this attitude of making any mediocre effort yet demanding more from our wallets at the same time. Stop making excuses for sloppy work and just stop doing such a lazy job.

CARLOX_ said:

November 16th, 1:28 pm

Goodbye game sharing lol.

zornjeff said:

November 16th, 1:28 pm

i like how they just change stuff [DELETED] i dont like these at all i own three ps3

bnfdhfdhfd said:

November 16th, 1:33 pm

Oh no! That means….um…I won’t check to see if I have any messages when I turn my PS3 on, and…….guess that’s it. How will I survive?!?!

Archer88222 said:

November 16th, 1:46 pm

if they do limit the device activation to 2 then i’m in big trouble since i got the YLOD couple months ago and am borrowing my friend’s ps3 till december…..PLEASE DON’T DO IT SONY!

RipShred98 said:

November 16th, 1:46 pm

Guess this means i have time to finish UC2 on crushing..
Anyway if you have uncharted 2, infamous, infamous festival of blood, wipeout HD + Fury feel free to add me :P

Canadven said:

November 16th, 1:49 pm

Why does maintenance always have to happen, when I finally get a day off!? *tears* lol

Psicocrusher said:

November 16th, 2:04 pm

Thanks for keep us posted.

xXPsYcHoC1NderXx said:

November 16th, 2:26 pm

w t f
leave comments about
GOSH 14 HOURS OF MAINTENANCE I CANT WAIT SO LONG…..
u ppl are so idiot i love psn and i can handle less than a day
u f.k.ng vicious

TGoD-Kraken said:

November 16th, 2:42 pm

Why can’t they do this on a weekend?

thezomb1e_ said:

November 16th, 2:57 pm

All people complaining LOL… Least they have informed us that it will be down. You would think people would be happy they update, maintain there system regular. 1 day without MP on game’s no big.. Maybe go out in the fresh air.

devilmosh said:

November 16th, 3:11 pm

I appreciate the heads up. I’ll be playing single player campaigns and watching blu rays, so I’m good.

JegBot said:

November 16th, 3:15 pm

@Archer88222
You can deactivate dead PS3 systems with your computer when the feature is up and running.

Tank_Baked said:

November 16th, 3:18 pm

It’s not a matter of the amount of time it’s going to be down . It’s what they are taking away from us multiple ps3 owners . I’d be ok if they knocked it down to 3 activations at one time . 2 is just too few .

Talgron said:

November 16th, 3:23 pm

Not that big of a deal, I’ll just be playing Skyrim like I already was. Did anyone else get that burlap like map even though they didn’t pre order?

Lizardwrestler99 said:

November 16th, 3:31 pm

Perhaps this lengthy update, will fix the reported freeze ups and release the new Home content I been hearing about. Lot’s of people got froze during the PSTalent Community Theater event. Maybe some new stuff in PS Store and it’s theme changed for the coming holidays. Plus probably fix the LOOT EOD in LOOT Space Station, Hollywood Hills, and Sunset Yacht spaces, as they are offline. All these reported issues can add up to such a lengthy maintenance window. “Leave no stone unturned”, as they say.

Marvin-Garcia27 said:

November 16th, 3:36 pm

i guess they are going to re-arrange stuff but im having this problem of the psn since monday…i hopw my ps3 work after this is over..

Talgron said:

November 16th, 3:46 pm

@ Lizardwrestler99 From what I understand this update is only about the 5 PS3 activations now going to 2 thing, I wouldn’t hold my breath on any of that Home stuff getting fixed.