Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 18

Nov 18

Starhawk Private Beta Begins Rolling Out Tuesday

Harvard Bonin's Avatar Posted by Senior Producer, SCEA

After many, many months of hard work we are happy to announce that the Starhawk Private Beta will be live on PSN beginning Tuesday, November 22nd! As you may have read in Dylan’s last PlayStation.Blog post, a selected a number of loyal Warhawk players who have opted-in to receive PlayStation emails will receive Private Beta keys, so if you played Warhawk there’s a chance that you’ll have a voucher invitation in your email in the upcoming weeks! If you don’t get on day one, don’t get discouraged: our Private Beta will be “slow rolled.” That means that we’ll slowly add more fans and features as the Private Beta progresses.

Making a game is hard work, but it’s also a lot of fun! To show you what I mean, check out this new Behind the Scenes video to give you an inside look at the SCEA Santa Monica/LightBox Interactive working life! We really, really appreciate the Warhawk faithful joining us in our Beta efforts. Hopefully this video will give you all some insight into our day to day lives. You Warheads are always at the forefront of our thoughts, as you will see.

Be sure to visit www.StarhawkTheGame.com for the extended version!

For those of you that get Private Beta access very early, you can expect to play Capture the Flag on a couple of maps to your heart’s content.

E3_Starhawk_SS_05E3_Starhawk_SS_06

You’ll be able to find games via our Matchmaker system or choose your own game server via our Game Lists. We’ve kept the initial roll out pretty tight as we exercise the systems, but we’ll open the kimono inch by inch so keep playing to see what we have in store for you.

The Starhawk Private Beta is Live This TuesdayThe Starhawk Private Beta is Live This Tuesday

We Want Your Feedback!

Please bang on the Private Beta and help us make Starhawk the greatest possible game. We’ll do our best to avoid hiccups, but you may see some bugs or other unintended gremlins — it’s all part of the process. We ask those of you that play in the Private Beta to participate in the Starhawk Private Beta Forum located here(note: If you’re accepted into the Private Beta, you’ll notice a “Beta Central” section here). This forum is set up to help us collect feedback, bugs, feature requests, etc. Keep it clean, respectful, and specific so that we can try to address your issues. You’ll need to log in with your PSN account and choose the “PSN Beta” tab under your log-in name. If you aren’t in the Beta, you won’t be allowed access to this forum so please be patient.

How to Gain Access to the Starhawk Private Beta

We’ll be looking to unlock the door for registered players later on in the Private Beta. Fans that want to get in but may not get an invite can increase their chances by registering on the official site. Remember, we can’t send you Private Beta keys unless you have opted-in to receive them. Check out this Beta FAQ page for more info. We’ll also be working with great partners like G4, IGN, GameSpot, GameTrailers, 1UP, Kotaku, WIRED, USA Today, CNET, Maxim, and TIME (just to name a few) to make sure there are even more chances for you to get into the Private Beta. Even our community manager, HawkStar Jay, has a handful he’s itching to give away, so stay tuned for more details!

Finally, if you have a Starhawk Public Beta voucher from UNCHARTED 3, you are guaranteed access in early 2012. We’ll have even more features, game modes, guns, weapons, and general goodness to show during that next Beta phase.

Congratulations to those of you fans that got (or will get) an invite, we love your enthusiasm and loyalty. We don’t think of a Private Beta as a privilege for you. You’re doing us a favor and helping to create Starhawk…and we thank you.

Warheads….have fun! Everyone else, stay tuned! We’ve got a lot more in our bag o’ tricks!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

ReptileHand said:

November 18th, 8:20 am

I am not interested in this game but my friend told me to look into it! I’ll have to give it a second go when I try out the beta =)

DwayneW1987 said:

November 18th, 8:20 am

Early 2012?! Boo. Just saying…

G-Force08 said:

November 18th, 8:21 am

I was playing WarHawk a lot this summer just before this insane Fall release schedule. I wonder if that will do anything for my chances. I doubt it. Either way, I hope I get an invite.

If I don’t, well, there’s always my code from Uncharted 3. I hope everyone that does get an invite enjoys it and helps to really shape it into a complete, stable, and great MP experience.

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

November 18th, 9:54 am

yeah, there have a been a TON of grreat games out there. Our Beta will grow and grow moving forward as we invite more players and add more content. Players can expect it to be live for a good long while

angelspawn77 said:

November 18th, 8:36 am

I haven’t played Warhawk in a good while, so I most likely wont be getting a beta key, I do have Uncharted 3 though so I have a beta voucher for next year. As a person who enjoyed Warhawk, I gotta say this one looks 10x better, hopefully it plays as good as it looks, can’t wait to try it early next year :D

zombie9 said:

November 18th, 9:03 am

Does playing the Warhawk game for a free trial from PS+ count as playing the game?
Also I’m unable to login via google crome. had to log in threw old way.

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

November 18th, 9:52 am

The PS+ players will be taken care of down the line and we’ll let you know. We wanted to make sure the Warhawk faithful got in first. Their skills will be most useful to us to help make a better game early on.

madecrazy said:

November 18th, 9:52 am

any word on what the esrb rating might be on this game

madecrazy said:

November 18th, 9:53 am

@zombie9 yah i cant login with chrome either i have to use the slower ie9

madecrazy said:

November 18th, 9:55 am

thanks harvard i was hoping you’d say that :)

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

November 18th, 9:56 am

heh you might be the only one! :)

zombie9 said:

November 18th, 10:21 am

@ Harvard Bonin sorry for confussion but I ment I have only played warhawk threw my PS+. I got a free game trial 1hr with it. and it is all I have ever played of it. Still got trophys from it. but will these people be let inthe beta if not no bigy I got my copy of UC3 also and have happy holidays to all.

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

November 18th, 2:40 pm

make sure you register on starhawkthegame.com for a better chance

Guardian_Bob said:

November 18th, 10:45 am

Since my comment has been awaiting moderation for over 1 hour, I’ll repost without the links:

Finally was able to log in via IE.

Couple of things, the link to the Starhawk website is broken above. Register at official site (link under the video).

Second, Firefox and Safari won’t log in to wordpress here, they just get a bad request page.

With those item out of the way, I can hardly wait to get in. For those who don’t know, some private beta keys will be handed out via @StarhawkRadio.

Oh and expect youtube videos, @DylanJobe said that they were fine. Anyways, for those of us who’ve been waiting for a couple of years now, 2012 isn’t that far away. Hope to see you guys in game.

Have fun,
GB

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

November 18th, 11:13 am

Thanks. We are looking into it as I write

KwietStorm said:

November 18th, 11:06 am

Get Emmett in Uncharted 3 multiplayer

Matt-Moore said:

November 18th, 2:36 pm

I don’t know you’ll reply but, if your a General and have been pretty active, are the chances in getting into the private beta high?

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

November 18th, 2:38 pm

probably…. :)

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

November 18th, 2:39 pm

but you need to make sure you’ve opted into getting marketing malarkey…otherwise we can’t

Matt-Moore said:

November 18th, 2:42 pm

Thanks for the fast reply, I’ve been opted in since I’ve signed up on PSN :).

Harvard Bonin's Avatar

Harvard Bonin said:

November 18th, 2:52 pm

then you are probably in good shape. If not, use this – but hurry E2EH-HTNE-EJ7N

Matt-Moore said:

November 18th, 3:07 pm

Oh no someone got it before me :(. Thanks anyways I appreciate it :).

dayriser2000 said:

November 18th, 4:08 pm

just to let ya know if you want to throw another code out there ill catch it :)

VassagoOo said:

November 18th, 4:31 pm

This is good news guys :) hope to get a invite to, i play warhawk on day 1 and love it really much, but like other said soooo much games out there, its hard to play at just one. I have a question : for warhawk i find it sad to have the dlc on only the map released with it, i know its maybe hard but if the add on can be on all map that can be soooo more fun, because at the end to much ppl dont have the expansion so its hard to find great game with them, like the jetpack to give a example. Anyway this one look a amazing job and cant wait to play it on day 1 for sure, keep up the great work and keep going to have fun guys, its a must :)

XxsnipersnakexX said:

November 18th, 7:01 pm

i hope i’d get the invite too :)

Kchow23 said:

November 18th, 7:54 pm

Awesome can’t wait to try it out! It looks really cool now hopefully its as fun as it looks.

La_maravich_22 said:

November 19th, 5:49 am

This game looks pretty amazing

Sonic42 said:

November 19th, 1:19 pm

I’m excited, Harvard! When you guys first started showing this game, I was really disappointed. But I’ve started to change my mind. I’ll probably be placing a pre-order before the end of the month.

I’m looking forward to playing in the public beta, and the private beta (if I’m lucky). I enabled first and third party emails at the beginning of the month, and I’ve been checking my inbox 24/7!

Good luck and congratulations!

icykiller said:

November 19th, 2:23 pm

Having trouble logging in to the playstation and starhawk website….

Alfred_Allen said:

November 20th, 9:57 am

I hope rank isn’t the only prerequisite to get into the Starhawk beta. I have three days worth of playtime in Warhawk, but never progressed beyond the rank of Chief Sergeant because I could not get the Bandit Air-to-Air Medal. I played ground combat almost exclusively in Warhawk and feel I have been punished for it due to the medal requirements for rank.

dayriser2000 said:

November 21st, 10:32 am

@Alfred_Allen wow! 3 Days! man my 345 hours are nothing compared to 3DAYS. you are a guaranteed a beta son.

caul606 said:

November 21st, 10:54 am

Is this purely rank based? I have logged around 700 hours in WH myself and didn’t get a code (As well as paticipating actively on the forums). Not whining just wondering if this is 100% rank based as the only people with codes ae Generals (Unless im missing something.)

dayriser2000 said:

November 21st, 1:10 pm

@caul606 kudos to you good sir. 700hrs very nice. does Warhawk count only ranked game hours or all games?

Centauro_ said:

November 21st, 2:51 pm

i was on the wrong blog earlier ^_^’
How can i get a code my friend.. I always play warhawk and spend hours and hours ranking up… and make videos with clans etc. How much to be loyal to recieve a code?? [DELETED] i hope starhawk doesnt turn its back on those loyal fans -_- that would not look cool…

xUchiha_95x said:

November 21st, 3:16 pm

What?? I thought it was 2012.. This game looked like it was gonna be cool to play, but I wont’ have time as I will be playing Uncharted 3 this Thanksgiving break :P

DROPGRAVY said:

November 21st, 3:39 pm

I sure am hoping to get a code on tuesday

rockinjs864 said:

November 21st, 4:19 pm

Finally the Rock(injs) has come back to the blog lol just wanted to say Harvard drop some more of them private beta codes please

Alfred_Allen said:

November 21st, 5:05 pm

@dayriser2000 345hrs? Get a life…son.

ChrisSoSik said:

November 21st, 6:44 pm

Thanks for informing me that the beta is “slow rolled”. I thought I’d never have a chance to get into the beta!

D-Squad3 said:

November 21st, 7:04 pm

I put 500+ hours into Warhawk, I better get in the private beta! Oh and Collector’s Edition please.

dayriser2000 said:

November 21st, 7:15 pm

@Alfred_Allen i would love to get a life. too bad im dieing from my kidney disease, and im not allowed to go out and “HAVE A LIFE” and gaming is pretty much all i can do. i was just giving you a hard time man. so yeah 345 hours i hope you do get a beta key. and i will do nothing but come after you.

jsmilak said:

November 21st, 7:46 pm

Please, please, pleaseeeeeee, I’ve been Warhawk player and fan for years already. Thanks in advance!

jason_ac said:

November 21st, 9:35 pm

Yay, can finally comment on the blog again! I’m psyched, beta starting, I really want to play it!!!

jason_ac said:

November 21st, 9:36 pm

Starhawk looks great! Although, it will be kind of sad to see Warhawk wither away.

ImprisonedTitan said:

November 21st, 10:04 pm

Looking forward to some private beta clips! Since I got Uncharted 3 I’ll definitely check out this game once the public beta goes live, keep us posted!

Violet_Shades said:

November 21st, 10:33 pm

I was actually looking forward to this game til I watched the little video with the footage clips. Now I’m losing interest. It looks like the developers were trying way too hard and over did it with this one. I may give it a chance but not sure how likely that is.

lamborghini618 said:

November 21st, 11:16 pm

Not to sound like everyone else but I’d love to get into the beta too, I’ve had Warhawk since 09 and managed to get 1,000+ hours and still rising. Starhawk looks SWEET from the videos and I can’t wait till the full game is out.

petrucho94 said:

November 22nd, 3:51 am

Well I’ve been playing it since May 08, reached General in less than 1,000 hours … have over 350k points, and I’m still active. Really looking forward to get a code

zornjeff said:

November 22nd, 5:20 am

no code yet i guess three years of playing and 3 general accounts is not good enough

CazyBry said:

November 22nd, 5:27 am

Dude please tell me im not to late to get in the BETA i love WARHAWK and have been playing it for 3 years im a General and play WARHAWK at least 3 times a week and i have all the DLC so please can i get the hookup

trumpgod767 said:

November 22nd, 8:40 am

over 2400 hours and yes I’m a General as well, play “every day”. and still waiting like everyone else..lol

dayriser2000 said:

November 22nd, 8:43 am

trumpgod767 good lord man i never knew you had that many hours wow. i wish i could play everyday, kudos man.

slapahorecords said:

November 22nd, 1:04 pm

I have about 3000 hours logged…hopefully I will get a beta code soon……but from the vids I have seen its looks great….just waiting on my invite.

Pannta said:

November 22nd, 2:18 pm

what i really wanna know is if starhawk gonna have LAN?

Centauro_ said:

November 22nd, 2:28 pm

Looks like Warhawk is Turning thier back on thier Loyal Loyal Fans!!! What a Shame.. Thnx alot Dylan for no Beta -_-

cooper512atx said:

November 22nd, 3:09 pm

I see some pretty BIG names that still haven’t got an invite but don’t be discouraged!! It is a slow roll remember!! I’m trying to be optimistic… 0_o Goodluck and let us WARHEADS know what you think about it. I can’t waitttt lol

deadlyXjustice said:

November 22nd, 4:17 pm

Hope i can get into beta, this game looks awesome and i’m looking forward for full release next year.

soldier07 said:

November 22nd, 4:48 pm

Aw man, Starhawk is looking better then ever! I love Warhawk and I know this game will blow the competition away! I would just love to be able to take part in this awesome game and help out! ;)

PAGE 1 2 3