GTAV PS4

The PlayStation Recap: For the Sake of Skyrim Edition

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Nov 19, 2011 // Senior Manager, Social Media

This week, I chased lightning bugs, picked flowers, flicked fire from my fingertips, and crafted a sweet leather helmet. Like many of you, Jeff, Rey and I spent (too) much of our week wrapped in the warm, numbing embrace of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. If you’re playing Skyrim, let’s trade some war stories in the comments! If you need help or support for the game, head here.

Otherwise, this week saw the release of three new PlayStation Move games — Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest (from the creators of Move classic Sports Champions), Carnival Island (from team members Boom Blox and Guitar Hero), and Eyepet & Friends (from the creators of…Eyepet). We also got a final peek at Assassin’s Creed: Revelation’s Sentinel character, news of a Harry Potter-themed PS3 bundle that includes 3D Blu-rays and movie downloads for several Harry Potter titles, and a launch trailer for PSN retro revival BurgerTime: World Tour.

Lastly, this week also marked the five-year anniversary of PS3 in the United States, so we asked 21 leading game designers to name their three favorite PS3 games. Read the full list, then share your three favorites in the comments. Be sure to tell us why!

What are you playing this weekend?

• I’m playing: Skyrim, Skyrim, Skyrim
  • I’m watching:Skyrim, Skyrim, Skyrim
  • I’m reading: The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan, various books in Skyrim

The PlayStation Recap – PlayStation.Blog

The Most-Watched Video of the Week: From Warhawk To Starhawk

The 10 Most-Viewed Posts of the Week

• PS3 Turns Five: Game Developers Name Their Favorite PS3 Games — Ever wonder what Ken Levine’s favorite PS3 games are? On PS3’s five-year US anniversary, hear top game picks from a star-studded cast of 21 top developers including Ed Boon, Dylan Jobe, Evan Wells, David Jaffe, Jonathan Mak and more.
  • PlayStation Store Update — Jurassic Park: The Game, Red Dead Redemption and the Undead Nightmare DLC, BurgerTime World Tour, Hollywood Squares, and Assassin’s Creed Embers round out this week’s new content.
  • UNCHARTED 3 DLC Hits PSN Today, Fortune Hunters’ Club Benefits — The Helghast are coming! The Helghast are coming! Check out what’s in store of UNCHARTED 3’s next DLC updates.
  • SCEA and THQ Announce Additional Content for Saints Row: The Third Owners on PlayStation 3 — Pick up a PS3 copy of Saints Row: The Third in the next 90 days and you’ll score a free digital copy of Saints Row 2.
  • Starhawk Private Beta Begins Rolling Out Tuesday — Special note: If you’ve got a Starhawk beta code from UNCHARTED 3, your voucher will go into effect in early 2012 during a future beta round.
  • Meet Ninja Master Rioichi Cooper from Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time — Sly Cooper’s first playable ancestor is revealed in this new post from Sanzaru Games President Glen Egan.
  • Need for Speed The Run Out Now, 24 Hour Marathon Friday — Did anyone participate in the 24-hour marathon? Give us a full report in the comments!
  • Home Weekly Update: Watch Free Full-Length Movies with Crackle — Being able to watch Cruel Intentions, Snatch, and Resident Evil for free can only be a good thing. Check out the full catalog of movies and TV shows – it will only expand from here.
  • Jurassic Park: The Game Hits PSN Today, Preview its Thunder Lizards — Meet the beasts you’ll fight tooth and claw in Telltale’s new adventure, out now on PSN.
  • Rare PSone Classic Vanguard Bandits Storms PSN Tomorrow — I’ve never played this strategy RPG, but I’m told it’s a gem. If you picked it up, be sure to post your thoughts in the comments.
  • //Add Your Own

15 Comments   1 Reply

+ JNM-CIM on November 19th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

I’m playing: a lot of different games.

I’m watching: a lot of different stuff.

I’m reading: “Inheritance” by Christopher Paolini, and “Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction” by David Michaels.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 19th, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

Thanks for sharing! If you’re having trouble logging in to the Blog comment on the post, know that we are aware of the issue and we’re working on a fix. Thanks for your patience!

+ Ftwrthtx on November 19th, 2011 at 4:28 pm said:

I deleted my Playstation.com cookie in Firefox and was able to login.

+ killinskull on November 19th, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

I’m not playing Skyrim. I’m playing Oblivion. I will also play some Uncharted 3 online.

+ ccrogers15 on November 19th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

im still made that:

1. Ape escape STILL continues to be ignored for Psone classics.
    2. Noone really cared the ps3 was 5, there was no special deals for it or freebies.
    3. We will have that horrible thing you call an internet browser.
    4. Skyrim freezes and crashes about as same as the other loaf of bread fallout 3.(pretty bad its from the same people)

+ ccrogers15 on November 19th, 2011 at 6:45 pm said:

*mad. Not made.

+ Talgron on November 19th, 2011 at 7:57 pm said:

@ccrogers15 I have played Skyrim for a total of 25 hours now and have yet to encounter any freezes or crashes. The only bad glitch that happen to me was jumping in whiterun then falling thru the well, I had to fast travel to dragonsreach to get out. Ape Escape probably ain’t on ps1 classics because of that PSP port, which is on PSN. I do agree that the PS3 web browser is a total piece of crap though, you can’t even log into this blog with it. Anyway back to Skyrim.

+ Kxpuc on November 19th, 2011 at 10:41 pm said:

Deleting the cookies works in Firefox 9 beta channel, otherwise there was no way to get it to get pass error message. Had to delete every cookie related to playstation.com even to the EU blog

I’m playing: Skyrim, Final Fantasy 14, League of Legends, FreeCell
    I’m watching: The Black Klansman, Tipping the Velvet, all 9 seasons of Roseanne
    I’m reading: skill books in Skyrim, Google News Science section, trying to find a work around to the Skyrim lag problem created by save files

+ Kxpuc on November 19th, 2011 at 10:45 pm said:

to go along with what @ccrogers15 said there’s no reason the PS3 browser shouldn’t have Chrome unless it needs to have it’s very own very careful/restricted version

hurry up to 4.0 firmware (only b/c hole number changes of firmwares are usually big things)

+ bakerarmy on November 20th, 2011 at 1:52 pm said:

Playing: Skyrim, with a lot of games on the shelf. Gonna be awhile till I get to them.

When can I deactivate some of these systems?

What is up with the log in? have to delete the cookies over and over again just to log in?

+ shades909 on November 20th, 2011 at 5:00 pm said:

Taking a break of Skyrim until the patch is released seriously i can’t take it anymor Skyrim is an amazing game but the lag are killing me.
    So for now i’m back on Dark Soul.
    And not watching or reading anything.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 20th, 2011 at 7:25 pm said:

I’m playing: Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, Call of Duty: Black Ops
    I’m reading: Playstation Blog
    I’m watching: Playstation Blog videos

+ lisatsunami on November 21st, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

Sid, I’ve been unable to log in for 3 days. I tried the whole cache/cookie thing on both my iPADDs to no avail. Tried 2 other browsers. Anywho:

My answers to all 3 are Skyrim! Thanks for posting that Bethesda link because yes, indeedy, I am starting to encounter bugginess.

By the way, I discovered a fantastic “cheat” to make adventuring easier. It’s not really a cheat but something I remembered from Oblivion about companions who can’t die. If you find one of these, & I have, then you can send him ahead with no worries, stay back & fire off arrows to increase archery, & then come in for the kill so you can still earn some armor or two-handed points, or if you’re really lucky like me, kill with a soul-capturing sword. I am filling those soul gems like crazy.

+ gHoSt_ReCoN_93 on November 22nd, 2011 at 5:49 pm said:

I’ve been on skyrim for a while and I’ve beaten the game already. Even after that it still seems like ik have an endless page of quests to finish. I;ve found 3 daedric princes I’m a Nithingale and a werewolf. but how do you become a VAMPIRE!

+ BigPeekABo0 on November 23rd, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

Hey does anyone know when/if were going to get some Skyrim themes or avatars??

+ infinity5692 on November 29th, 2011 at 7:51 pm said:

Been playing Skyrim since it came out. It froze like 20 times on me! Still it is an amazing game.