PS4-Watch_Dogs

The Drop: Week of November 21st 2011 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Nov 20, 2011 // Senior Social Media Specialist

As you hibernate next to your towering stack of games this week, make sure to finish off with a delicious slice of pumpkin-pie topped off with the wispy cream delight of this week’s new releases this Thanksgiving.

Returning to the spotlight, WWE ‘12, Tekken Hybrid and The King of Fighters XIII headline this week’s title bout, each franchise known to bring countless hours of combos, take-downs and finishers in their individual brawling arenas. Speaking of epic franchises, Final Fantasy returns to PSone classics and Ratchet and Clank (including Dr Nefarious and Qwark) arrive on PSN as a full digital download in Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One.

Gobble gobble, The Drop.

PlayStation 3

WWE ‘12 – The WWE experience you’ve been demanding has arrived! THQ’s flagship franchise in the WWE video game portfolio is reborn, delivering a completely rebuilt evolution of every aspect of the wrestling superstar experience. With new Predator Technology, an overhauled gameplay experience and new broadcast TV presentation that promises the most fluid, dynamic, authentic and action-packed WWE simulation experience to date, WWE ’12 gives you more control over WWE than ever before.

Tekken Hybrid – A massive combination of Tekken action, Tekken Hybrid includes the full-length 3D compatible feature film Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D on Blu-Ray disc as well as two games playable on PlayStation 3: Tekken Tag Tournament HD and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue.

• TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT HD – This is a high-definition remake of the classic from the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system. Boasting a 20-fighter plus cast of characters, Tekken Tag Tournament offered a major revolution in the Tekken fighting style by adding a tag battle system with two characters for each team. And if that’s not enough, TTT HD retains the minigame Tekken Bowl, which brings Tekken fans action-packed bowling excitement with a punch!
  • TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 PROLOGUE – Offering gamers a sampler of the arcade game, TTT 2 Prologue features four playable characters that appear in the Tekken Blood Vengeance movie. Each character will have a costume directly from the movie that will be exclusive to Tekken Hybrid, plus a costume from how the characters appear in Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
  • TEKKEN BLOOD VENGEANCE 3D – Set in the rich Tekken universe, this 3D CGI movie follows Xiaoyu Ling, seasoned martial artist and high school student, tasked by the G Corporation to infiltrate an international school in Kyoto to gather information on the mysterious student Shin Kamiya. Before she can make any progress in the investigation, Shin is kidnapped by an unknown assailant. Digging deeper into Shin’s background in an attempt to rescue him, Xiaoyu learns about the frightening underbelly of the Mishima Zaibatsu. Jin Kazama, Kazuya Mishima … and the late Heihachi Mishima’s conspiracy that’s stained with blood.

The King of Fighters XIII – With the triumphant return of fan favorite characters like Mai, K’, and Vice, extensive refinement of the core fighting engine based on community feedback, and vastly improved network functionality, The King of Fighters XIII represents the HD entry in the series that fans have been waiting for.

Painstaking effort has been made to address every last concern following the last entry: fights play faster; the addition of over a half dozen play modes offers variety and replayability; the game’s beautifully rendered and animated character sprites are better distinguished from the backgrounds–which happen to be richer and more detailed; the camera perspective is less restricted; fighters have more moves, including new supers and the all-new Neomax supers; and much, much more.

PlayStation Network

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (3D Compatible) – In Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, we find our heroes in the midst of a dilemma of intergalactic proportions when Dr. Nefarious’ latest evil plan goes awry leaving Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Nefarious himself caught in the snare of a powerful and mysterious machine. Begrudgingly, the Galaxy’s biggest do-gooders and its most sinister criminal must work together to discover a means of escape in this action-packed installment of the Ratchet & Clank series.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare – War rages on in the fourth edition of Activision’s acclaimed war game. For the first time in the series, Call of Duty moves away from WWII to the modern battlefield. Armed with an arsenal of advanced and powerful modern day firepower, players are transported to treacherous hotspots around the globe to take on a rogue enemy group threatening the world. As both a U.S Marine and British S.A.S. soldier fighting through an unfolding story full of twists and turns, players use sophisticated technology, superior firepower and coordinated land and air strikes on a battlefield where speed, accuracy and communication are essential to victory. The epic title also delivers an added depth of multiplayer action providing online fans an all-new community of persistence, addictive and customizable gameplay.

Learning With The Pooyoos: Episode 2 (PS Move Compatible) – With the PooYoos, a merry band of adorable baby animals, children will have fun while learning the basics: numbers, letters, lateralization, shapes, colors and more. Children get to dance with their new friends and earn lovely interactive rewards.

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire – You take the hot seat in the all new Who Wants To Be A Millionaire game. Win $1,000,000 by correctly answering 15 multiple choice question, each worth an increasing amount of money. Just like on TV, players can seek help for the super stumper questions via lifelines like “Ask the Audience”, “Double Dip”, or “Phone a Friend”. Can you stand the pressure, or will you walk away?

Corpse Party (For PSP) – A unique twist on horror action and a cult favorite in its native Japan when it was released, Corpse Party promises to deliver a tense and bone-chilling experience for all who dare step foot into situations they may not be prepared to survive.

PSone Classics

Final Fantasy V – Centered around a group of four strangers brought together by circumstance to save the Crystals that have mysteriously begun shattering one by one. Eventually it is revealed the one behind the phenomenon is the villain Exdeath, as part of a plan to release himself from his imprisonment and to gain the power of the Void, a realm of nothingness, which could bestow absolute power on one able to resist being absorbed by it. The four thus turn their attentions to defeating Exdeath and stopping the Void’s unstable energies from consuming their world.

minis

• Where Is My Heart
  • Ikari Warrior II: Victory Road
  • Psycho Soldier

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

38 Comments

+ KazeEternal on November 20th, 2011 at 3:00 pm said:

FINAL FANTASY V!!! ABOUT TIME! TY SQUARE

Can’t wait for Tekken Hybrid, I’ve been looking forward to this since I was forced off a Backward Compatible PS3 and haven’t been able to play Tekken Tag Tournament for PS2. It’ll be nice to finally see the first signs of a new Tekken Tag.

Just out of curiosity will we ever see any of the PS2′s Triple A titles on PSN or is Sony pacing itself with these releases?

+ KazeEternal on November 20th, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

XENOSAGA EPISODES 1-3 AND .HACK//GU FOR PS2 CLASSICS!

Assuming square isn’t working on remastered version of Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII, I don’t suppose you can pass on a request for it on PSN. I’ve been wanting to play that again lately.

+ tinycpw91 on November 20th, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

How much will cod4 be? I’ve been wanting to pick that back up for cheap and replay the sp. Also, does anybody know how the multiplayer is right now?

+ JNM-CIM on November 20th, 2011 at 3:12 pm said:

I guess there are no new demos out for this week?

+ station3fever on November 20th, 2011 at 3:43 pm said:

@tinycpw91 online is full of cheats & hacks but u may still find a few servers that might be ok. I don’t recommend for online but single player was always good ;) but if the price is right then go for it.
Oh? No demos? That’s ok because I do have to finish some games I started like heavy rain, put on hold to play mw3 & my favorite battlefield 3. Also finished hydrophobia: prophecy. Rey, any idea if limbo is going to get a price drop soon? Please please please any info? I want to play this game so bad ;) anyways thanks

+ DeadKillersRevng on November 20th, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

What about Final Fantasy VI? =(

+ tinycpw91 on November 20th, 2011 at 5:08 pm said:

@station3fever thanks, too bad it’s still messed up, that multiplayer was waaaaay better than mw2, blops, and mw3 imo.

+ camiwaits_us on November 20th, 2011 at 5:57 pm said:

Any chance of Metal Gear HD Collection on the PSN?

+ moriarty1975 on November 20th, 2011 at 6:00 pm said:

I question the decision of putting CoD4 on the store as MP is full of hacks.

+ KingLazy93 on November 20th, 2011 at 7:06 pm said:

I guess I’ll have to settle for FF V.

+ KazeEternal on November 20th, 2011 at 7:15 pm said:

@DeadKillersRevng
You need to read the Blog more often, FF6 releases on December 6, 2011 :-D

+ Arcadian_Rebel on November 20th, 2011 at 7:27 pm said:

Doesn’t CoD 4 have a bunch of hackers? Ugh, who would want to buy that? Haha.

+ KwietStorm on November 20th, 2011 at 7:30 pm said:

PSone classics needed: Die Hard Trilogy, MDK, Return Fire, Soul Blade, Tenchu.

+ iTofuMan on November 20th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

doesnt really look like much this week. anyway i recently picked up Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 and saw there was DLC for the game. i got the first one (only at walmart) and was wondering if there are more coming? Also the Tekken game looks like really want to watch that CGI movie.

+ Armored_Oso66 on November 20th, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

Any word about Corpse Party getting a physical UMD release?

+ The-Sigma-Alpha on November 20th, 2011 at 10:24 pm said:

I got King of Fighters XIII pre-ordered. So thats the game im going to be playing this week naturally. Dat Mai:)

+ PAFenix on November 20th, 2011 at 10:43 pm said:

Will FFV contain the PSOne Anthologies translation? Or the upgraded (and superior) GBA translation?

+ Talgron on November 21st, 2011 at 1:30 am said:

I 2nd that request for .HACK//GU, They are so hard to find and when you do find them they are absurdly over priced. I only have part 2 and still haven’t played it cause I can’t find part 1.

@PAFenix I’m pretty sure FFV is 100% the Anthology version, as well as FFVI (when it releases in a week or 2). So if you played FF Anthology, you’ll know what to expect. Not that the Anthology versions are bad, they aren’t nearly as bad as some people try to make them out to be.

+ TerraAshura on November 21st, 2011 at 2:34 am said:

@DeadKillers Don’t pay too much attention to the blog do ya? Comes out in about 2 weeks.

+ FireDragonMonkey on November 21st, 2011 at 7:39 am said:

I have really been looking forward to Corpse Party’s release, it looks like loads of fun! Any word on price? I hope it’s not too expensive (to see it at $14.99 would be an awesome deal) or that there will be a discount for PS+ :)

Also happy to see more of the old Final Fantasy games coming up on the PSN, FFV was the game that made me fall in love with the series! I <3 Boko!

+ CaptainJames99 on November 21st, 2011 at 10:13 am said:

Should really tell us which games have a pass and which do not. I got last years WWE game and finding out it had a pass only after the game was less than honest thing to do on THQ’s part. What made it worse was the online was so bogged down with lag it’s been unplayable to this day. I hope this new revamp actually fixes the online but with THQ’s habit of having a new dev every year I doubt it since it always gets passed on to whoever next years dev will be.

+ Mister-Nep on November 21st, 2011 at 3:17 pm said:

Can’t wait for Corpse Party. Got King of Fighter pre-ordered, and I’m gonna be picking up Tekken once I get some more cash.

+ poodude on November 21st, 2011 at 3:46 pm said:

Mmm…can’t wait for Corpse Party.

+ hanajimasohma on November 21st, 2011 at 5:17 pm said:

Corpse Party will be $19.99 according to Xseed’s forums.

+ dxkdallers1234 on November 21st, 2011 at 6:12 pm said:

whos getting wwe 12 it comes out 2morrow i hope its better than last year because there was so much hipe for this game

+ Rukia on November 21st, 2011 at 7:31 pm said:

It’s KOFXIII and Tekken Hybrid Limited edition time baby!

+ oZc-Gauss on November 21st, 2011 at 8:46 pm said:

I’m a “Trophies Whore” .. so, somebody knows if CoD:MW will be enable trophies?

+ Grim_and_Kitten on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:46 am said:

FFV, delightful. And FFVI in another two weeks, seems the holidays won’t be to boring.

@KazeEternal Xenosaga 1, 2, and 3 are all massively hard to emulate. I cannot ever see them coming to the PS3 with its dated/limited cpu power. .HACK//GU, just might be possible, they’re just a tad temperamental so could take the techs a while to iron out the kinks. And that’s providing they can get the re-licensing without breaking the bank ;o

FFV & FF6 will be the Anthology versions. The Gba versions although slightly nicer, well.. they had censorship a lot didn’t care for much.. such as Celes prison beating being completely taken out. And the “new” jobs for FFV in the Gba version were useless :)

+ ASSHAT222 on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:38 am said:

Gonna get Tekken Hybrid once I get off of work. Also might get Who wants to be a millionaire, I love quiz games.

+ KrisZeakKoncept on November 22nd, 2011 at 12:57 pm said:

@27 oZc-Gauss, it dosn’t have trophy support, it was out a couple of months before the trophies were made. I doubt that the digital version will have trophies :/
Nice drop this week :D

+ iBOCK_ on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

Please release Xenosaga I-III as PS2 classics soon! I loved those games and I would be more than happy to purchase them again via PSN.

+ Medilyon on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:44 pm said:

WOW!!!! I’m freaking out! I MUST buy Tekken Hybrid! =)

+ vashack on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:48 pm said:

I can’t find Final Fantasy V on the PSN. what time will I be able to download it?

+ LexLab on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

Where is Final Fantasy V!!??

+ oycomics on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

Final Fantasy V !!!

I’ve been gradually collecting the whole main series over the last couple years, with a major preference for versions that play on PS3. So releases like this make my life a lot easier (i.e., no tracking down PS1 versions that may or may not work; also don’t have a backwards-compatible PS3 and can’t feasibly get a PS2.)

After I get VI on Dec 6th (wait, I see what they did there), the X remake when it comes out, and of course XIII-2 in January, I just to need them to make PS3/PSN versions of I, II, III, IV, X-2, and XII (and maybe XIV unless I just buy it on PC like I did for XI).

+ LexLab on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

@Oycomics

The playstation remake of IV is on PSN. Its called “Final Fantasy IV: The collection” or something to that effect.
Its 29.99 I believe. Has final fantasy IV, interlude and the after years included…

+ sunilbattu on November 23rd, 2011 at 9:29 pm said: