Driveclub

Let’s Get This Corpse Party Started!

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar + Posted by Tom Lipschultz on Nov 22, 2011 // Localization Specialist, XSEED

Halloween may be over, but if you’ve ever wondered what Thanksgiving might be like from the turkey’s point of view, Corpse Party’s totally got your back!

Releasing for the PSP later today as a PlayStation Store exclusive download (at a mere $19.99), Corpse Party immerses you within the creepy confines of a dangerously haunted, completely inescapable school building as you struggle in vain to rescue your friends from the clammy grasp of death and find a way back home before suffering a complete descent into insanity (or worse!).

So after you’ve feasted upon the supple flesh of the holiday bird this week, let the tryptophan lull you into a false sense of comfort, dim the lights and get ready to have some serious nightmares. This party’s just getting started – and it ain’t messin’ around!

Corpse Party for PS3Corpse Party for PS3

For more information on Corpse Party’s gameplay, please direct your attention to this previous PlayStation.Blog entry; or, if you’d prefer to learn a bit more about what makes it such a frightening experience, direct your attention here instead. There’s also an official website for the game, wherein you can learn specific details about its story, characters and history as an independently-developed Japanese PC title.

You think you’re thankful this Thursday? Wait till you play Corpse Party! It may give you a whole new appreciation of what it means to be alive…

PAGE 1 2

+ poodude on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:18 am said:

Oh man you do not know how excited I am for this. I also scare and get grossed out easily, but I am so picking this up! Thanks for bringing it to NA :)!

+ Whizkid105 on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:23 am said:

Tom you have no idea how much I want this game. I have been anticipating it for months. XSEED is just like Atlus, you guys always localize the best and most obscure games. Ugh, the store better update early, I NEED Corpse Party!

+ MrBanballow on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:31 am said:

Dear Powers that Be:
Release it now!! Please? I have to go to work in like an hour and a half, was wanting to play it during lunch.
- MrBanballow

+ FireDragonMonkey on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:46 am said:

I’m glad to see that it didn’t end up costing a lot. Normally I enjoy having a physical manual and art book to look at as well as soundtracks (thanks a ton for all the limited editions you’ve made of games!), but ultimately if it can make the game cost less considerably less for the buyer and we get it sooner then I’m all for the digital distribution. Any word on a PSN+ discount? I know it’s not an expensive game, but after all the great releases this Fall my wallet is a little thin…

Thanks again Xseed, if it weren’t for guys like you we’d miss out on so many great gems like this one!

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar

+ Tom Lipschultz on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

No PSN+ discount is planned at the moment, I’m afraid. It’s something to keep in mind for future titles, but for this game, I don’t think we could’ve afforded to offer it for any lower a price. ;)

+ perrandy on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:49 am said:

i will buy & download as soon as the store is updated! :)
anyways, i just hope that this title does really well for you guys because this could/would open the floodgates of the visual novel genre on sony platforms? go go go xseed!

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar

+ Tom Lipschultz on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

Well, to be fair, it’s not really a visual novel… but it is in the same spirit as visual novels, so it certainly couldn’t hurt. ;)

+ Fedast on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:52 am said:

‘at a mere $19.99′… tell that to the iPhone users.

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar

+ Tom Lipschultz on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:19 am said:

Hey, iPhone users aren’t getting a horror adventure this awesome, so I still count this as a win for us PSPeoples. ;)

+ RidleysBox on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:53 am said:

I am very much looking forward to this, sadly though I have to wait till i get a vita to play it. I wish PSP’s support multiple profiles =(

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar

+ Tom Lipschultz on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

They sort of do, but not at the same time. You can reregister your PSP to a different PSN profile as many times as you want, as far as I’m aware — but upon doing so, all the games you purchased under the old profile will become unplayable unless and until you switch back.

Not quite as easy to work with as the PS3 in that regard, but it’s still workable if you wanted to play Corpse Party before getting your Vita.

+ meep_moop_meep on November 22nd, 2011 at 9:08 am said:

mmmMacabre!

#get

+ shades909 on November 22nd, 2011 at 9:11 am said:

I really want to buy this game and hope it will be under 650Mb that’s about how much i have left in my memory card if not it will have to wait later because i don’t want to spend another 30$ just to be able to buy this game.

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar

+ Tom Lipschultz on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

We won’t know its size for sure until it’s up on PSN, but it will indeed most likely be under 650 MB in size, so I think you’ll be safe.

Even if it went above that, though, I think your pricing is a bit off. A 1 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo only costs about $5 these days!

+ Yuuno12265 on November 22nd, 2011 at 9:44 am said:

Can’t wait for this to come out today. I love XSeed for bring this game and Grand Knights History overseas, my PSP is still not dead yet. Thanks XSeed.

Now if XSeed would be able to bring Danganronpa and 7th Dragon 2020 to the states, I would be even happier :)

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar

+ Tom Lipschultz on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:17 am said:

I would be happy as well, if I had a chance to work on those two games! I’ve dabbled in Danganronpa and really enjoyed it, and I’m looking forward to picking up a copy of 7th Dragon 2020 soon (and will definitely be buying its soundtrack, since Yuzo Koshiro + Hatsune Miku = pure win!).

Whether or not we actually have the opportunity to work on those two titles, however, is a different story. We’ll definitely look into them, but sadly, not every interesting-looking title is meant to be.

I’m still amazed that we were able to get Corpse Party, though, so you never know what the future may hold!

+ Neil on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:09 am said:

I would buy this if it were on PS3.

+ DarkS2K on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:16 am said:

Sweet! Finally.

+ boxmyth on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:58 am said:

Everything about this game screams awesomeness. Consider it bought.
Thank you, XSeed, for bringing games like this to the US. I really hope it meets (or eXceeds) your sales projections.
Happy Thanksgiving!

+ Zoryu_of_Setsuna on November 22nd, 2011 at 11:12 am said:

When I get some money, I’m definitely going to buy this!

+ Dataclast on November 22nd, 2011 at 11:16 am said:

Come on, release this already!
I really really want to play this game, I need something to play in bed before going to sleep…

+ Shibi32 on November 22nd, 2011 at 11:46 am said:

really looking forward to this. Thanks XSeed.

+ enjionPS on November 22nd, 2011 at 11:50 am said:

Buying this for sure, hopefully others do too.

Gotta prove to certain companies there is still an audience for PSP games in America.

+ Realsvi on November 22nd, 2011 at 12:08 pm said:

Perfect Thanks Giving gift from myself to myself!

+ Osmod on November 22nd, 2011 at 12:12 pm said:

Please Tom, just release this already! QQ

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar

+ Tom Lipschultz on November 22nd, 2011 at 12:18 pm said:

Hey, don’t look at me! I’m not the one who pulls the PSN switch. (Though that would be awesome if I were… oh, the things I could do!) ;)

+ Osmod on November 22nd, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

haha, i am really desperate, i really really want to play this game (like alot of other ppl). Let me thank you once again for this release, and all of Xseed other releases! Keep up the good work!

+ saveur on November 22nd, 2011 at 12:47 pm said:

This AND Fishing Resort for the Wii on the same week?! Oh XSEED, how you just love to take my monies…

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar

+ Tom Lipschultz on November 22nd, 2011 at 1:21 pm said:

Mmmm, delicious monies! ;)

+ darkrchaos on November 22nd, 2011 at 12:59 pm said:

If this was for PS3 I would get it in a heartbeat, sadly it only for PSP :(

Tom Lipschultz's Avatar

+ Tom Lipschultz on November 22nd, 2011 at 1:23 pm said:

Awww, c’mon, PSPs are nice and cheap nowadays, and there are so many amazing games on the system… Why not just pick one up? If you like JRPGs, you certainly won’t regret the purchase, I can virtually guarantee you that. Incredible library of games on this system!

+ KiraXxKami on November 22nd, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

I will definitely buy Corpse Party! :D I even bought a PSP just for this game xD Ahh… Well then *F5F5F5F5F5…*

+ MarlooRedd on November 22nd, 2011 at 1:39 pm said:

Supple flesh…Ahhhhh…*Homer drool*

+ Souledge94 on November 22nd, 2011 at 1:51 pm said:

ill pick this up down the line hopefully a price drop happens.

+ kirazero00 on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:26 pm said:

Bah! why hasn’t the PS store updated yet? I’m so ready to play this game! the previews and trailer really reminds me of one of my favorite anime series, Higurashi no naku koro ni. I love that you guys are releasing games like this overseas, one of the reasons why X-Seed is one of my favorite publishers in the US. Keep up the crucial work, and I hope to see Trails in the Sky SC soon as well, absolutely loved the first game.

+ Hell_Awaits16 on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:42 pm said:

This game looks awesome,i have to pick it up

+ Dark_Zankoku on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:06 pm said:

Ah man I would love nothing more than to purchase this as soon as it comes out! Sadly, I don’t care for the psp at all so I can’t >_< looks cool though lol

+ MCoelho1997 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:18 pm said:

Thanks for this Xseed, i’m buying this as soon as i can! I always get and Higurashi feeling when i watch those trailers.
A question here, could you guys translate any 5pb’s visual novels? Like Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head or Dunamis15?
And please, what’s the name of the opening? I believe the singer is Asami Imai, right?

+ angelus67671 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

its out now thanks xseed

+ dvtdude1 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:27 pm said:

Does anyone know when the PSN store will update so we can download it? I am too excited!!!

+ Yuuno12265 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

@30: The opening is Shangrila, and yeah, Asami Imai is the singer :)

+ angelus67671 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:31 pm said:

dvtdude1
its already on the psn downloading right now 555 mb

+ dvtdude1 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:34 pm said:

Obviously I am a huge idiot because I am not seeing it, does matter which time zone you are in?

+ Yuuno12265 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:35 pm said:

Found it, just use the search function. It should be there. Already bought it.

+ dvtdude1 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:37 pm said:

I just found it as well!

+ lunarecho on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:49 pm said:

Psyched to see so many other people freaking out for this game to come out today. :) Can’t wait to check it out.

+ TJF588 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

Browsing through the site’s variable not-so-safe for work art gallery, and I see Rustle’s contributed.

Oh lawd.

+ SamChrisMiller on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

Please tell me it’s being released in the EU today as well.

+ Mister-Nep on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

I’m gonna purchase this when I wake up, but I’m just leaving a message that I’m so grateful XSeed brought this over. You guys bring so many games I love that I can not thank you enough.

+ RendangSapi2 on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:50 pm said:

Gonna buy some PSN card and used it for this baby!
Thx Xseed for translating this game ;)
o yeah, i hope you give us a release date for Grand Knight History asap ;)

+ VemberJudgement on November 22nd, 2011 at 5:05 pm said:

I wanted to play this badly but my PSP just died after many years of joy. I don’t want to buy another so close to the Vita launch, so I was wondering if this game will be compatible with it?

+ kirac91 on November 23rd, 2011 at 12:03 am said:

So Fricken buying this once i have the money xD , Looks a billion times better then OMG-Z

+ shades909 on November 23rd, 2011 at 1:03 am said:

@Tom Lipschultz
I meant 4GB cards since i never buy 1 GB card and 4GB card cosr around 30$ here.
Anyway the game is only a bit over 550MB so i’m fine and thanks for this game i played a bit and it’s nice hopefully this game will be able to entertain me until the patch for Skyrim is released.

@VemberJudgement
here they say they are compatible but i heard somewhere else that it won’t be disponible right at launch the patch will be released 2-3 months after release.
I’m not 100% sure of that though and i might be confused with something else.

+ Bloodios on November 23rd, 2011 at 1:04 am said:

Now that I have bought the game and currently playing it, all I have to say is “Great Heaven! This game is so AWESOME!”
All hail XSEED!!!

+ Hooligantuan on November 23rd, 2011 at 1:07 am said:

Oh, cool, they made Sweet Home twenty-some years later.

+ Shinigami_Shimai on November 23rd, 2011 at 1:17 pm said:

Thank you so much for bringing this out. I’ve been waiting for it since I came across someone talking about it on a horror gaming site the other year. Then my lovely wife came and woke me up while searching for some games to tell me about this game she found. I was surprised to see it was the same one I’d been reading about. I got it the moment it was released last night and am already on chapter 4, need to find more of those bad endings and tags. This game deserves trophies that is for sure. So much to collect, so much to do. As a horror writer this is just what I needed to get my mind out of this rut that I’m in. Too bad I’ll probably never see Higurashi come to this side of the world *sighs*

All in all great work so far. I’m loving the atmosphere of this game. God that ghost in the washroom actually made me jump and very little surprises me now a days. Definitely a worth while game to add to my collection, it will sit with my Fatal Frames and Rule of Rose for sure. *grins*

Thanks again for the great work.

+ Taroni1 on November 23rd, 2011 at 1:56 pm said:

Damn game is addictive…

+ mooneyjames on November 24th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

wow, people actually “play” this? it looks like all youre doing is standing around talking and walking a little bit

PAGE 1 2