PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Nov 22

Nov 22

Nathan Drake Returns to PlayStation: The Official Magazine

Ryan Taljonick's Avatar Posted by Associate Editor, PlayStation: The Official Magazine

Like UNCHARTED

What better way to celebrate the arrival of PlayStation’s most anticipated game of the year than with a blowout review? PTOM’s holiday issue cover feature breaks down the highs (many) and the lows (not many) of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception. Yes, it’s bigger and better than its predecessor in nearly every expected way, but even we were surprised by what emerged as the game’s defining trait.

PTOM: UNCHARTED 3

The holiday season always means a deluge of games to review, but the quality of titles available this year is unprecedented. Check out our verdicts on Batman: Arkham City, Saints Row: The Third, and Rayman Origins and you may come to same conclusion we have: Our friends and family had better be generous this year ’cause we can’t afford all this gaming goodness.

But if your thoughts run more toward giving than getting (sucker), PTOM’s annual Holiday Gift Guide offers up the best gamer loot..er, presents of the season. The PTOM staff even makes personal appearances in the feature and share their most precious memories of Christmas’ past for your mocking pleasure.

Previews? You want previews? How about our first play impressions of Rockstar’s Max Payne 3? We also go hands-on with Final Fantasy XIII-2, Mass Effect 3, and Syndicate, along with extended play sessions on a bevy of PS Vita titles including Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Resistance: Burning Skies, and up-and-comer Gravity Rush. The Vita preview barrage continues with 10 reasons why RPG fans should love the new portable system.

But we’ve saved the best for last…the last page of the magazine, that is. PTOM has been smitten with the holiday spirit and we’ve teamed with Mad Catz to give away three spectacular prize bundles. Flip to page 96 of PTOM’s Holiday issue, available on newsstands November 22, for entry details. Oh, and Happy Holidays everyone!

Add Your Own

DrPhiill said:

November 22nd, 2:14 pm

Wooohooo! Cant wait to read IT!

lcmnick said:

November 22nd, 2:22 pm

Wow, talk about being late…

Ryan Taljonick's Avatar

Ryan Taljonick said:

November 22nd, 5:17 pm

Ah, yes – the joys of the print cycle. We try our best to be as timely as possible when it comes to game coverage—but sometimes, as in the case of Uncharted 3, a game’s release date doesn’t quite coincide very nicely with our deadline dates. Nonetheless, we hope everyone enjoys reading what we had to say about Uncharted 3!

renomano said:

November 22nd, 2:22 pm

U3 story mode was good but U2 story mode was much better. U3 multiplayer is better than U2 multiplayer

lisatsunami said:

November 22nd, 2:25 pm

Have had my issue for a few days. When I saw the cover, it reminded me how mad I was that U3 wasn’t the cover last month, when the game was released, or the November cover 2 issues back.

So, boo! I rate this a 1.

Busca-Cabezas said:

November 22nd, 2:26 pm

Is there a PS+ subscribers exclusive edition or some sort of discount for this mags subscription? :)

Butters360 said:

November 22nd, 2:33 pm

My gods, its such a pretty cover.

Ryan Taljonick's Avatar

Ryan Taljonick said:

November 22nd, 5:18 pm

Why thank you! We have our art director, Ken, to thank for that! He worked pretty hard on it :)

sugarfree98USA said:

November 22nd, 3:01 pm

Picked It Up at Target a Couple Days Ago. And LOVE it !!!!!!

strider367 said:

November 22nd, 3:19 pm

Any word on the Uncharted 3 campaign patch?

neostardust said:

November 22nd, 3:32 pm

I should pick this up ASAP

vince8502 said:

November 22nd, 3:34 pm

@busca: That would be amazing. Make a digital copy of the mag available on PSN is an idea as well

Ryan Taljonick's Avatar

Ryan Taljonick said:

November 22nd, 5:34 pm

You should check out a little thing called Qore on PSN, which offers a ton of great news and info for PlayStation gamers!

D-Squad3 said:

November 22nd, 3:42 pm

Tell me why that cover wasn’t the cover for the actual game? It looks so much better and fits within the same theme from Uncharted 2’s cover.

Longshanks367 said:

November 22nd, 3:50 pm

Any word on the campaign patch? This is not Unc 2 to say the least. As is this campaign mechanics makes this game nearly unplayable. Unless you like bad mechanics like that and I’m sure there are plenty of people who do lol…

renomano said:

November 22nd, 4:46 pm

I don’t have any problem with the mechanics, it is just the levels are not as good as in U2, they are not designed as well and are not as impressive. The story is not exciting and there’s no bosses at the end which was disappointing. And the story didn’t make sense, Sully was dead and then wasn’t about four times, that was the whole story. No treasure just poison water that was lame.

ItsPaladin said:

November 22nd, 5:19 pm

You’re joking, right?

No mention of Skyrim? A newer game than U3. Slow. Real slow.

Bolduk said:

November 22nd, 5:56 pm

@D-Squad3

Not to mention the Uncharted 2 cover was highly criticized for being ugly and using bad printing colors. And if you are referring to the GotY edition cover box art, well that’s the point, you don’t release two games with a character posing the very same way, just with different colors. Or it would’ve looked like a DLC pack.

UC3 box art is fine the way it is, with Drake looking at the horizon, an AK74u (KAL-7 wtf?) in hand and the plane he just crashed burning in the background. What’s more epic?

@ItsPaladin

A newer game? 10 days make that much of a difference for you. Goddamn fangirls, never happy.

Chase167 said:

November 22nd, 6:34 pm

@Ryan Taljonick are there any pic’s of the winners of the uncharted 3 events

Ryan Taljonick's Avatar

Ryan Taljonick said:

November 23rd, 10:12 am

Unfortunately, no :( – just lots of awesome PlayStation content!

GameOver1994 said:

November 22nd, 6:44 pm

Uncharted 3 deserves to be on the cover!
Ahhhh! Can’t wait for the the DLC Maps! I loved the Ice Cave and The Fort on U2, now their revamped and packed with more awesomeness!…Sorry, I went a bit off topic. :)

Delgado_Owns_22 said:

November 22nd, 9:17 pm

uc3 kiks azz just sayin

DarkOne_PR said:

November 22nd, 11:44 pm

OK im here just to say this..

Blizzard its looking developers to make the Diablo 3 game on consoles…. Sony…. GO AND MAKE A GOOD DEAL WITH THEM!!!! Exclusive content! Exclusive time release… something! maybe an Exclusive console game??? GO FETCH THEM! :)

Ryan Taljonick's Avatar

Ryan Taljonick said:

November 23rd, 10:19 am

I love the Diablo series—it would be great to see Diablo 3 come to the PS3!

NekroHigh said:

November 23rd, 12:00 am

I don’t think Diablo 3 would be that great on any consoles.

musicman1234 said:

November 23rd, 7:56 am

I appreciate very much ND for coming in PS Home,that’s a big deal to me. Al the promo with subway(Perfect ad campaign) Even a killer helicopter flying around In PS Home to follow you(excellent)..But It will not get game of the year. Maybe the best Sony Exclusive but not as in overall. UC2 was magical.UC3 was not.
This was just one strange year for gaming on our beloved PS3.

PedroHGama said:

November 23rd, 9:34 am

Will Naughty Dog explain in this magazine why so much mess on UC3 streaming routines that made this game playable to some and not to all PS3 users? I am one of tons that just can’t play it on older PS3 system because it’s constantly reboots. This is really a great DECEPTION of the year.

jimfear said:

November 23rd, 11:49 am

Why you never talk about xbox360 in your magazine?

lol just kidding!

ASSHAT222 said:

November 23rd, 2:27 pm

I was a huge Uncharted fan, but since playing U3, I might skip the next interation. I didn’t like the story, it reminded me too much of the last Indiana Jones with the crystal skull with all those bugs. Also I hated how Nate moved in this one, it seemed like they added all these realistic movements that made it less responsive. Also didn’t like the new fist fighting mechanic. In previous ones you can enter a fist fight and still pull out your gun, this one you’re locked into the canned animations. Multi-player movements work just as it did in the previous games, or at least feels like Uncharted 2 unlike the main campain. Maybe I had higher hopes for this one, I might also be in the minority on my in-differance to this game.

cp123hey said:

November 23rd, 5:44 pm

the only thing i didnt like about u3 is that there were no bonuses and stuff like spawning a weapon or costumes or tweaks i really enjoyed that stuff in udf and u2

Jayson619 said:

November 23rd, 7:33 pm

FINALLY!

A nice picture to see on a OPM mag rather than the stupid Call of Duty pic!

lee___radio said:

November 24th, 3:57 am

ryan, i purchased the $24 FORTUNE HUNTER’S CLUB on the ps_store, where’s the shopping bag icon/ stamp that confirms my online purchase? (regardless which PS3 i decide to use shouldn’t i also be receiving FORTUNE HUNTER MESSAGES as well… it’s my only account?)

same thing w/ the download list… we need a better confirmation system (mark it w/ an “x” or something!)

thanks,
lee

rapture22 said:

November 24th, 4:27 am

So glad I’ve been a subscriber since the first few issues. I have never been disappointed with the magnitude of content in each issue. I open my mailbox every single day hoping to see my new copy of The Official Playstation Magazine yet I usually only find stacks of bills.

time17 said:

November 24th, 11:09 am

how do you subscribe to the magazine

Ryusennin said:

November 24th, 2:31 pm

Finally received my game yesterday.

Stopped playing at The Chateau and will not go back to it before the campaign patch is out.

I didn’t want to believe the public fuss, but now I have to agree with other Uncharted veterans: the aiming system is WAY off compared to U2 or even U3 MP. Best way to describe the issue is that it’s like the target reticle is hooked to a tough rubber band and it prevents you from fine-tuning your sight.

It’s rather incomprehensible that the aiming system feels great in U3 MP, but the refinements were not backported to the story mode.

spook0309 said:

November 24th, 2:32 pm

loved them all can’t wait to play this one

JrBarrera said:

November 25th, 1:04 am

Bring it on!

kematch23 said:

November 25th, 7:41 am

release the map packs already!!!!!

magicfan345 said:

November 25th, 7:57 am

I’ve played Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and enjoyed it….. from other comments, it sounds like I should play U3 first, then play U2 last if I want to keep moving in a positive direction….. quite a few make it seem that U3 isn’t as good as U2 ??

donmega420weed said:

November 25th, 8:55 am

I NEED SOME HELP HAS ANYONE HAVE IT SAY LOST CONNECTION AND REMEMBER THIS IS WHEN UR ONLINE AND IN A MIDDLE OF A MATCH IVE BEEN RECORDING IT AND EVERYTIME THIS HAPPENS I WATCH THE KILL CAM AND IT SHOW HIM GLITCHING UP AND LOST CONNECTION AND IM GETTING TIRED OF IT PSN U NEED TO FIX IT BECAUSE IM ALMOST READY TO SAY F THIS AND QUIT PLAYING ANY CALL OF DUTYS IF U HAVE TO CHEAT TO WIN THEN U SHOULDN’T BE PLAYING BECAUSE IN REALLY LIFE IF U CHEAT U GET IKN TROUBLE PSN NEEDS TO FIX THIS DONT SAY U CANT BECAUSE U CAN

IM JUST GETTING TIRED OF ME PLAYING IN A MIDDLE OF A MATCH AND WHEN SOMEONE COMES AROUND ME IT GLITCHIES UP AND SAY LOST CONNECTION AND THEN IM DEAD AND I WATCH THE KILL CAM AND IT SHOWS HIM KILLING ME AND GLITCHIN UP IT AINT LAGGING ITS GLITCHING I KNOW THE DIFFERENCE CAN U HELP ME FIX THIS OOO BY THE WAY IT’S NOT EVERYONE IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN THIS SOME ONE THE CAN CHANGE THE MAPS WHEN EVER THEY WONT AND THERES NO WAY IN HELL SOME OF THESE PEOPLE WILL RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES AND NOT SEE NOONE AND THEN HE SHOTS AND IT KILLS SOME ONE AND IT SAYS LONG SHOT HEATSHOT DOUBLE KILL BE REAL WITH IT

donmega420weed said:

November 25th, 9:05 am

I TIRE MY HARDEST TO BE GOOD IN BLACKOPS BUT I CANT MY WIN TO KILL RATIOS IS O.34 THATS BULL CRAP THERES SOME MANY TIMES MY TEAM SHOULD HAVE WON BUT YET AGAIN ANOTHER CHEATER GET 44 KILLS AND DIES 2 TIMES AND ITS LIKE HE HAS A BLACK BIRD EVERYTIME ONE GOES AWAY ANOTHER ONE IS IN THE AIR AND ITS BY THE SAME PERSON I DONT CARE HOW GOOD U R UR NOT GONNA BE THAT GOOD ON TEAMDEATHMATCH UR GONNA DIE MORE THE 2 TIME I MEAN IVE HAD REALLY GOOD GAMES WHERE IM 30 AND 7 LAST NITE I WENT 34 AND 8 SO I DONT CARE U AINT GONNA GO 44 AND 2

THAT RITE THERE IS A CHEATER GLITCHING UP AND IT SEEMS LIKE ITS GETTING WORSE ITS LOSSING CONNECTION ALOT MORE NOW THAT MW3 IS OUT WHATS UP WITH THAT PNS????????????

donmega420weed said:

November 25th, 9:17 am

I FOUND AWAY U GUYS MEANING PSN CAN DO TO STOP THE CHEATIN ITS CALLED GET A SOFTWARE THAT WHEN PEOPLE TRY TO CHEAT OR HACK IT GIVES THEM A VIRUSE THAT ONLY U GUYS CAN FIX SO WHEN IT HAPPENS U KNOW WHOS CHEATING ECT ECT………………………

PLEASE IM BAGGING U GUYS TO STOP ALL THIS CHEATING AND GLITCHING AND BOOSTING AND EVERYTHING I BET U TEN BUCKS IF U DO THIS MY KILL TO DEATH RATIOS WILL GO UP TO AT LEAST 0.70 MAYBY EVEN HIGHER … OOO YEAH AND HOW THE HELL IS SOME ONE GONNA WIN 1000 MATCHES IN A ROLL WITH OUT LOSSING ONE I LOSE A ALOT AND 90% OF THE TIME IT’S NOT MY FAULT

TrinKitty said:

November 25th, 9:42 am

I love the UC series and enjoyed UC3 — I had my share of funky things happen (freezes, glitches and nate touching the walls to much when he should be running to save his arse) but one thing in the story line that didn’t make sense with when Cutter shoots the bad guys… yet they come back to life — What the heck was in that water that they were ingesting? Most folks just went buggy but these guys became immortal… Love the game ND!

Tigris-Phalanx said:

November 28th, 4:48 pm

Uncharted is AMAZING!!! The story might not be as amazing in U3 but it has awesomeness (is that a word?) moments to make up for it like flying over the airplane!

Just to add to jimfear’s comment xbox 360 SUCKS!!!

wellingtonsaint said:

November 29th, 6:20 pm

q bagaça é essa sóet m americano aff

AcRockin said:

December 11th, 10:17 am

This game, one of the best ever for PS3. Havin an rockin time!!! Add me as a friend! (wink)