PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Tekken Hybrid Hits Today Exclusively for PS3

+ Posted by "Filthie" Rich Bantegui on Nov 22, 2011 // NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager

Hey guys! I wanted to give everyone a quick look at everything you’ll be getting with today’s release of Tekken Hybrid exclusively for PS3. Tekken Hybrid comes with three Tekken experiences: Tekken Tag Tournament HD, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue, and Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D all on one Blu-ray disc! And I hope you brought your 3D glasses, because Tekken Blood Vengeance and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue are both compatible with 3D televisions. Plus, if you buy the Limited Edition you get a special two-disc soundtrack of Tekken Tag and Tekken Tag 2 music, as well as a hardcover art book filled with information and art from all three parts of the Tekken Hybrid package. Now on to the good stuff, the chewy center or this Tekken nougat, here is what you’ll be getting with your copy of Tekken Hybrid.

Tekken Hybrid for PS3

Tekken Tag Tournament HD

This was a game-changer when it was released in 1999 for arcades, and the following year as a PlayStation 2 launch title. Let’s take all the characters In the Tekken franchise for two-on-two tag battles, throw in Tekken Bowl, which ended up being a fan-favorite mini-game, and have players go buck wild in extreme two-on-two matches. Tekken Tag Tournament gave players a new kind of freedom with the Tekken fighting engine. With the introduction of a partner tag system, players gained the ability to set up new combos and play styles, with teams rather than individual characters, enabling you to launch your opponent in the air and tag in your partner to continue the pain. Tekken Tag Tournament HD brings this revolutionary game to PS3 and makes it look even better with high-res graphics. And of course, you also get the fan-favorite Tekken Bowl! You can pick your character and compete against your friends in an intense ten frames at Mishima Lanes.

Tekken Hybrid for PS3 (Tekken Tag Tournament HD)Tekken Hybrid for PS3 (Tekken Tag Tournament HD)

Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D

Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D takes everything you know and love about the Tekken universe; the characters, action and style, and packs it all into one kickass CG movie filled with legendary talent from the world of anime. You have an epic storyline penned by Dai Sato (Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), pulse pounding music from Hitoshi Sakimoto (Appleseed), and expertly directed by Yoichi Mouri. Plus, it’s all made possible by Digital Frontier, the animation studio that has created the awesome Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 CG intros. This is the Tekken you dream about in your sleep. Crazy, off-the-wall choreographed fight scenes, unbelievable visuals and Mokujins… well, I won’t spoil that part.

Tekken Hybrid for PS3 (Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D)

Tekken Hybrid for PS3 (Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D)Tekken Hybrid for PS3 (Tekken Blood Vengeance 3D)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue

The slice of the game everyone is hyped for! Yes, Western Tekken fans will be able to get their hands on the game that is sweeping Japanese arcades today. The Tekken Team wanted to give fans of the series a special gift to places where the arcade will not be officially available. With Prologue you will get four fighters; Ling Xiaoyu, Alisa Bosconovitch, Devil Jin, and Kazuya in his Devil state, all decked out in exclusive Tekken Blood Vengeance costumes. Rest assured, what you are getting with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue is not stripped down in terms of gameplay. You are getting the full suite of gameplay features found in the current iteration of the arcade game.

Tekken Hybrid for PS3 (Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue)

Tekken Hybrid for PS3 (Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue)Tekken Hybrid for PS3 (Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Prologue)

And that’s everything. We made sure to pack as much as we could in there for all the loyal Tekken fans. And be sure to pick up that Limited Edition if you get the chance — that art book is something special and the Tekken Hybrid soundtrack is candy for your ears.

PAGE 1 2

+ ManaKnight on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:46 pm said:

Got my copy today. :D Plan to play it soon. Big Tekken fan here.

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on November 23rd, 2011 at 10:24 am said:

Im glad to hear that your excited! Let us know what your favorite part is -

+ Busca-Cabezas on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:47 pm said:

I Pre-Ordered this game ages ago!! :P I just got msg it has shipped!! Can’t wait to see the movie in 3D, The PS Home exclusives and most of all… Kick sum tail!!! Hehe! :D

+ m4dDmUdD on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:50 pm said:

When is the store updating?!?!?!

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on November 23rd, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

The store will be updating very soon. If you have already put in your code you should be fine, and you’ll receive the content as soon as its available. Sorry for the delay!

+ Busca-Cabezas on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:53 pm said:

Wait a minute… The description for the Limited Edition also mentioned PlayStation Home virtual items… I don’t see any info concerning the HOME items… Are there any? O_O

+ Sonicfan11589 on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:56 pm said:

I just got a ton of new games since my bday was over 2 weeks ago, in the middle of playing Zelda: Skyward Sword, need to beat the final boss in Chrono Cross, also playing Sonic Generations on 3DS, and Super Mario 3D Land, will definitely ask for this for the holiday season, then I would need to get a 2nd ps3 controller for when my older brother comes home.

+ Sonicfan11589 on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:57 pm said:

Also i had noticed that the character models in tekken tag 2 are soo much better than tekken 6′s plastic doll look.

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on November 23rd, 2011 at 10:27 am said:

I’m glad you like the model designs! Make sure to check out the “Model Viewer” to get a full feel of the character design.

+ Sharingan_itachi on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

any chance this will be on psn store?

+ mystikalguy on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:58 pm said:

Nice…But this should be available on PSN also. Each being sold seperately IMO.

+ ro-kurorai on November 22nd, 2011 at 2:59 pm said:

My copy has been shipped by amazon today =)

+ Busca-Cabezas on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:01 pm said:

*Patiently waits for the mail man… And stares @ online tracking site* LOL!!! :D

+ JH-FallenReaper on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

This was my first ps2 game i ever owned and had to pick this up i played it with my bro and its still fun as hell havnt seen the movie or played tekken tag 2 yet but i will in a while damn good memories!

+ bigsgg71 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

It looks good, but with no online multi player…the retro appeal and bonus stuff will not win me over. Don’t get me wrong, Tag Tournament was a great game!

+ deadndirtydotcom on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:05 pm said:

You guys make a million posts about who knows, but not one on why the Robin DLC has been delayed. Where’s it at!?!

+ Seeing_Red_Again on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:23 pm said:

When will we be getting a release date for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on PS3?

+ Busca-Cabezas on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

A friend over @ facebook confirmed that there are Home items on the Limited Edition… Thx to my friend I now know… But it seems that the PSBlog skipped those details… :P

+ blakseed on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

Looks like a hell of a deal.

+ DoTheKiller91 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

Tekken 7 anyone? Yoshimitsu ftw!

+ D-Squad3 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:44 pm said:

Tekken Tag 2 for the Vita?

+ DoTheKiller91 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

Tekken 7 please? Yoshimitsu ftw!

+ DoTheKiller91 on November 22nd, 2011 at 3:45 pm said:

Oops, sorry for double post!

+ playaplus on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:02 pm said:

amazon shipped mine earlier today. hoping i get it in mail sometime this week

+ ItaChu on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:06 pm said:

what the heck why isnt the store updated yet SHEESH COME ON PEOPLE YOUR SO SLOW!!!!

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on November 23rd, 2011 at 10:29 am said:

So sorry for the delay ! We will have an update for you all soon -

+ ItaChu on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

the store was updated before being posted on here lol thats funny

+ JLP_M on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:37 pm said:

I seriously didn’t hear anything about Hybrid till today, wow! You guys need to advertise!

+ DCS-Tekken on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

Yes the Collector’s edition has HOME Rewards… AND too my suprise they are NEW costumes and item’s! But the store hasn’t updated yet so we have to wait for that before we can use them…

Come on Store get Updated Already! The wait is driving me insane……… Arrrgggg!

+ I-Dusk-I on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

@25

The store is updated.

+ DCS-Tekken on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:46 pm said:

The store hasn’t updated or if it did they messed up big time and did not activate the home item’s…

So lets all hope the store is updating here soon…. So we get our Home item’s!

Come on SONY ya update the store already!

+ I-Dusk-I on November 22nd, 2011 at 4:49 pm said:

@27: downloading now. Final Fantasy V, Corpse Party, UMVC3 DLC, Disgaea 4 DLC, and other stuff. I’m on the East Coast of the US if that matters.

+ Jin_Kusanagi on November 22nd, 2011 at 5:01 pm said:

Pre-ordered Limited Edition, I can’t wait =)

I started playing Tekken on TTT n being a fan since then, I’m anxious to see it in HD.

And just bought a 3D TV too, so my first 3D movie on it will be Tekken for sure XD

+ chemerie on November 22nd, 2011 at 7:22 pm said:

Is the Tekken Blood Vengeance blu-ray also available separately?

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on November 23rd, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

TEKKEN Blood Vengeance is part of the 3-part-package. It’ll be a nice break from the juggle, counters, side-stepping and combos action.

+ JEC94 on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:04 pm said:

looks good

+ favian on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

Preordered Mine from Amazon. Hope it arrives soon :)

+ gtkof on November 22nd, 2011 at 8:37 pm said:

Been a Tekken fan since the original on PS1! Got this today also. Was thrilled when this was first announced, even more hyped when TTT2P was thrown in. Nice Extra!!

Just how much do I love Tekken Tag? Enough that I bought a launch NTSC-J PS2 in preparation for the Japanese launch of TTT. Then got the US version again months later.

And now this.

+ JH-FallenReaper on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:00 pm said:

hey im curious,is tekken tag tournament 2 ps3 exclusive since this bundle is exclusive to ps3 please answer just wanted to know it would be great if it was either way i already played both games and watched the movie and i have to say its my second favorite game this year and ive boughten every major release but KILLZONE stole my life!TEKKEN fan 4 life!

+ DCS-Tekken on November 22nd, 2011 at 10:49 pm said:

@33 There hasn’t been anything stated by Namco that Tag 2 wil only be PS3… But i think all Fighting Games should be PS3 all the way… And with HOME Item’s!

@28 yeah i see the store did update and no HOME Costumes today. So most likely since these are Home item’s we’ll have to wait till Thursday’s Home Update then for Home Item’s! Since there not DLC Game item’s that come out on tue…. AWW!

The wait alone is still driving me Insane! LOL!

+ DarkOne_PR on November 22nd, 2011 at 11:47 pm said:

good u made this a ps3 exclusive!
not like u did with the other tekken….

+ Leon_hart87 on November 23rd, 2011 at 3:16 am said:

Does the Blood Vengeance movie come with Japanese voice-overs and English subtitles?

+ Joanna_Dark_ on November 23rd, 2011 at 3:02 pm said:

Would love to get the collectors edition Home Costume Code/s if anyone has them available. Checking eBay and not seeing any at the moment.

+ Glacier928 on November 23rd, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

Excited to pick this up! I decided to pop in TEKKEN 6 last night and finally came around to earning the platinum trophy for it. I remember playing TEKKEN Tag Tournament as a PS2 launch title and played it for hours with my buddies.

+ ArcticNinja21 on November 24th, 2011 at 1:20 am said:

I can’t make up my mind if this is really worth getting or not.

@24 Indeed!

+ Hellmuncik on November 24th, 2011 at 4:14 am said:

Maybe someone know – is Tekken Tag HD coming to PSS or it will be avaiable with Tekken Hybrid?

+ larry_hill on November 24th, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

off the topic you guys are bringing back ps2 on psn store if you guys put gta san andreas i buy it for any pice!

+ larry_hill on November 24th, 2011 at 1:22 pm said:

i loved san andreas ever since it came out it was the only game i played before i got my ps3

+ halfkimchi on November 26th, 2011 at 8:53 pm said:

I am most likely going to get this, but it would be infinitely better if tekken tag had multiplayer capabilities. Would that be possible with an update or something?

+ perfefectduck21 on November 27th, 2011 at 3:03 pm said:

wait so I got to buy the the hybrid to get the movie? and this is on the psn store right?

+ taylor5299 on November 28th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

will this have eventual support for the vita?

+ taylor5299 on November 28th, 2011 at 2:00 pm said:

p.s. thank you for this exclusive!!! it started with playstation and it makes me a proud fanboy to have a legendary title exclusive!

+ Naruto-1117 on November 28th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

Look fun, until Street Fighter X Tekken

+ Welmosca on November 30th, 2011 at 1:11 pm said:

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME…cant wait for my copy…been a Tekken fan for 10 years and its so nice that this is exclusive…Tekken=Best Fight Game Ever.

+ Dusean17 on December 8th, 2011 at 7:10 am said:

I just want Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and the Movie I could care less about the crappy remake no offense but it sucks

PAGE 1 2