PS4-Infamous

Official PlayStation Blogcast Episode 001: Greatness from small beginnings

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Nov 23, 2011 // Social Media Manager

Introducing the Official PlayStation.Blogcast!

I know we’re a little late to the podcast party, but we wanted to ensure we could offer more than just four guys chatting about games. PlayStation’s specialty is creating experiences that you can’t find anywhere else, so we wanted to extend that philosophy to our long-awaited podcast… which, by the way, launches right here, right now. Enjoy!

When crafting the podcast’s purpose, the team identified three goals:

• Share exclusive first details on next week’s PSN game lineup
  • Answer questions from the PlayStation community
  • Evolve to meet YOUR needs
  • Tune in to learn what’s hitting PlayStation Store this coming Tuesday, November 29th, then check back Sunday afternoon for a full list of all PSN and Blu-ray games with The Drop.

Subscription Links:

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Jeff Rubenstein

Official PlayStation.Blogcast: Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Rey Gutierrez

The Cast

• Sid Shuman – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Jeff Rubenstein – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Manager
  • Rey Gutierrez – PlayStation Sr. Social Media Specialist
  • Nick Suttner – PlayStation Product Evaluator
  • In our inaugural episode, we share the full PSN game lineup for this coming Tuesday (including The Sly Collection), discuss newly revealed PS Vita titles Unit 13 from Zipper and MotorStorm RC from Evolution Studios, name our first PSN Gem of the Week, wax nostalgic about PS3’s five-year birthday, share our character origins from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and run down PSN’s new Fall Sale that offers 30-50% off games such as Limbo and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. Nick also shares some surprising news about the PS3 psychosexual puzzler Catherine. Oh, and “Corn Love.”

All in all, not a bad first show! But we’re biased, so give it a listen and let us know what you think in the comments below or email us here.

Also, very special thanks to Cory Schmitz for our beautiful logo, and Dormilón for our rad theme song and show music. And special thanks to Astro Gaming headsets for providing audio gear.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ LovesJapanManga on November 24th, 2011 at 10:40 am said:

So, you don’t want to answer my question (#73), but would you please consider about this option/or offer down the road? I’d appreciate very much if that option is available for many of us. It’d be very nice to keep us in touch with this community, rather not being in touch with this community at all…

I do understand that undertaking this task with enabling this option will prove to be the greatest challenge of all, if not the most difficult task of all. But it’s nice to have something included. Thanx.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 24th, 2011 at 1:48 pm said:

I answered it above! Like I said, it would take hours to transcribe it on our end, but do you have any ideas on how we could do it? Is there someone else who would be willing to take the time and share it? We could share a link on the post to point to it if we can find a way to make it happen….

+ XFRod on November 24th, 2011 at 11:15 am said:

@ #100 – That’s a great idea. Although, my disability is a mobility issue and not auditory, we need to stick together.

In fact, I’ll transcribe it for you, personally. Send me a friend request on PSN and, we can exchange emails. I’ll try to start on it tonight however, today being Thanksgiving, it may have to wait until tomorrow. I’m basically retired so, I’ve got my days free for such a project.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 24th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

If you do that, can you host on the web somewhere each week so we can share it with others and let them know where to find it? Thanks a very nice offer! ^_^

+ krae_man on November 24th, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

I agree Jeff, Podcasts where everyone is in the same room work much, much better then over skype. I shall give this podcast a listen tonight while playing Super Mario 3D Land bwaa ha ha ha:p

(I don’t have anything on PS3 I want to play with the sound muted at the moment).

+ sugarfree98USA on November 24th, 2011 at 1:34 pm said:

nice. very nice indeed.

+ XFRod on November 24th, 2011 at 1:58 pm said:

Sid.. Already started the transcription process, in between baking various traditional dishes. Not a professional by any means but, I’ll do my best. Trying to get it as close as I can to the original podcast… Minus, the uh’s and oh’s.. :) I jest, great job, guys.

I’ll be sure to post it online and send you guys a link or, the file itself, if you want.

– Rodney –

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 24th, 2011 at 10:50 pm said:

The link is fine! Thanks

+ smileykidd123 on November 24th, 2011 at 2:15 pm said:

u see this is how u can tell ps3 is better the XBOX360 we acually have a blog and support lines to help us if we need it . ps3 is alsome :)

+ Kchow23 on November 24th, 2011 at 3:11 pm said:

I think it would be cool if you guys took a song from PS3 games’ soundtracks and having them play at the halfway mark, which is something that the guys at Q Games do on their podcast. And also please keep the PSN gem of the week, that was good!

A question that I would like to see answered is clearing up the differences between PS Vita Wi-fi model and 3G + Wi-fi. Do you get less features without 3G? and does Near still work without accessing a Wi-fi hotspot ala Street Pass?

What were some hidden gems of 2011 that maybe not everyone has played but should?

+ Kchow23 on November 24th, 2011 at 3:43 pm said:

And explaining why the PS Vita requires a memory card, but I would think this would be for future episodes when Sony is ready to talk about it.

+ Midgetguy on November 24th, 2011 at 4:19 pm said:

I love the Blogcast! Thanks a lot for this, it will give me even more great content to look forward to on the blog every week! ^_^

I’d love to hear some interviews with David Cage or Jenova Chen! I love their philosophies for game design and where games are going in the future!

Also, I have a question for everyone on the Blog Cast: Have any of you guys ever had any awesome ideas for a video game? If so, what are they? I’m sure being surrounded by gaming goodness all the time rubs off on your creative minds, so I’d love to hear some of your ideas!

Okay… I have another question for you guys too… What do you think gaming will be like in the future? (Projecting modern day innovations and technology forward… what do you guys think gaming will be like?)

Anyways, awesome blog, as the title insinuates: This blogcast is the beginning of something great!

I’m looking forward to listening more!

-Stephen Marro
    (Midgetguy)

+ dFUSE on November 24th, 2011 at 4:29 pm said:

Wow! This is a great initiative! When will Shane “man-god” Bettenhausen be on? :)

+ Bamanga on November 24th, 2011 at 4:41 pm said:

Hi guys. I’m a Nigerian and I must say that I really LOVE what you’re doing.

I hardly listen to podcast, but this one was awesome..

Waiting for next week.

+ banok on November 24th, 2011 at 6:18 pm said:

@Nick Suttner – Ah yes, the pie vs cake episode, I remember it vaguely unfortunately, since I used to listen to a lot of podcasts back then when I used to work pretty late at my job. Maybe I may have to go back and listen to the old podcast to refresh my memory. Oh and btw, I just checked my indestructible psp and I still have 1up fm on my rss feed ha!
    Oh and 1 more thing I think the podcast is not that long, ( I should know ’cause I used to listen to a lot of podcasts) maybe for some it’s too long but for me it’s just right, but I think with tangents (PsNation), reader comments/e-mail/calls and interviews, I can imagine it exceeding the 1 hour mark. And you guys should really have a notification system here, so that we, the readers will know when someone from the blog has responded to our own comments, maybe through psn message or e-mail. Thanks! The blogcast is sounding good so far kids! ^_^

+ Venom1976 on November 24th, 2011 at 9:38 pm said:

i’m going to try and subscribe through my psp’s rss channel wish me luck I can’t wait to listen!

+ DIRECTOR_ON_DUTY on November 24th, 2011 at 11:09 pm said:

Congratulations on the launch of your first blogcast… Congratulations on it being an awesome one too! ~ DOD

+ The-Traveler on November 25th, 2011 at 12:24 am said:

my question for the next podcast if it gets answered, how do you guys pick the deals for Playstation Plus, and regular sales, what is the process to get these deals done with the publishers and Sony.

+ Creative_ae on November 25th, 2011 at 12:51 am said:

Subbed on iTunes going to listen up on iPhone =D, and i hope the PS Vita support Podcasts !

+ Psicocrusher on November 25th, 2011 at 5:29 am said:

Amazing Podcast! Really fun! I hope hear more in the upcoming weeks :)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

+ cable77 on November 25th, 2011 at 5:45 am said:

@Nick Suttner : Nice, thanks for the link.

+ karmachameleon on November 25th, 2011 at 7:18 am said:

I love the intro song to your blogcast, very clever.
    I have an idea can you do a feature on each individual internal studio?
    Maybe have the head directors come in and talk about their studio, what they worked on and maybe future projects.
    Studios I wanna hear from
    1) Insomniac
    2) Guerrilla
    3) Zipper
    4) Lightbox
    5) Santa Monica
    6) Liverpool
    7) Sucker Punch
    8) Bend
    9) Studio Japan

Keep it up guys. BEYOND! (Ooops wrong podcast :P)

+ CaptainJames99 on November 25th, 2011 at 8:03 am said:

I did notice something about “answering questions from gamers”. I hope you guys live up to that promise. So far what I’ve seen in this blog website is more about you avoiding questions or anything pointing out your companies less than stellar performace. You should listen to gamers more because you will probably be very surprised.

+ dragonmagician on November 25th, 2011 at 9:16 am said:

Congratulations on the Blogcast!! I just had a listen and it was mostly great (I’m still trying to learn all of the voices). The talk about PixelJunk Monsters was really good; it brought back lots of great memory of rainbowing the levels.

As a big fan of IGN’s podcast Beyond, I hope that 1) you get Greg, Colin, or Ryan as a guest, 2) You get some kind of catch phase like yelling “Beyond”, and 3) you release your Blogcast on Wednesdays instead so that I can spread my podcast love across the week.

As for other guests, I hope you can get Christina (from Pulse), Meredith (from The Tester), the other Tester contestants and judges, and the new Qore host (whoever it is).

As for questions, I like to hear everyone’s opinion on PS Move, PS Home, 3D, and how each of these features can be improved. I know this is an official podcast, and therefore I’m not sure if negative opinions can be given, but either way, it would be nice to hear what you guys have to say on these topics.

+ gus_xl on November 25th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

Just finished listening to the podcast. Great job. It was fun listening to you guys go back and forth.

My question for you is, I was wondering if the makers of ‘Dust 514′ ( CCP, I think ) are going to have a community area or website or something ( in the game, or out ) for clans/ corporations, since the game kind of relies on that a little.

+ Torgo on November 25th, 2011 at 4:44 pm said:

Well, this is the beginning of the end for us. First we’ll share release days, then you’ll start poaching guests, then you’ll use your vast resources and budget of $50 to crush us. You know that we’ll never be able to raise that kind of money to combat you!!!!

+ Nates4Christ on November 25th, 2011 at 7:59 pm said:

BEYOND is not going to like this.

+ unworthyBOZO on November 25th, 2011 at 8:03 pm said:

Awesome been waiting for this for a long time, great show guys.

+ cjmc18 on November 25th, 2011 at 9:53 pm said:

YES!!!!! LONG LIVE PLAY!!!! THANKS!!!! DOWNLOADING IT RIGHT NOW!!! IMMA HEAR THIS ON MY XPERIA BEFORE GOING TO SLEEP :) :)

+ kenshinhimurasz on November 26th, 2011 at 1:00 am said:

What do you think about the future of Home? Will it be more integrated into future game for an example.

+ mew_frenger on November 26th, 2011 at 7:39 am said:

wat the fck is this cinavia buisness?
    u know i used to love ps3, but again and again this company is driving me away. i play lot of my multiplatform games on this system. but ive had enough. theres no video store or video services in my country on ps3 and now i cant watch any movies at all?! but guess what i have a 36O and now i will spend more time and buy multiplatform games there. good liuck hope u go bankrupt very soon.

+ station3fever on November 26th, 2011 at 7:59 am said:

QUESTION::::: Are you guys gonna keep the “playstation 1 theme music” remix at the end of the podcast? because that would be cool. it reminds me of ps1 and how far it’s grown :) (secret; i was working out while listening to your cast lol)

+ FruitySnaks on November 26th, 2011 at 11:43 am said:

Love the show guys! Great to hear people like Jeff share my love for Sly Cooper! One complaint can you pick a different day to publish i cant have Beyond and The Blogcast going up at the same time! Also Spaff or Christopher Reese from Bend Studios would be welcome guests!

+ TorgoTime on November 26th, 2011 at 11:51 am said:

Mention of competitive Catherine! the scene is growing evo 2012, let’s make it happen!

+ ten3ightyHD on November 26th, 2011 at 12:19 pm said:

Great show guys! I’ve been waiting for an official Playstation podcast for a while now. Jeff, when are you guys coming back to Orlando, Fl.?

+ bigredsc on November 26th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

I understand this isn’t likely, but is there any chance this podcast will ever be on the zune marketplace?

+ that-acmilan-guy on November 26th, 2011 at 5:07 pm said:

Here is a Tip: Use Tversity to subscribe through the RSS link and and stream the podcast to your PS3 :)

+ JFERNANDEZ48 on November 27th, 2011 at 3:56 am said:

Can you guys discuss next about releasing more games digitally for PS1, PS2, PSP and PS3 in PSN? And about releasing at the same time PSP, PS3 and PSVita digitally at the same time as they hit the stores? Great job for the blogcast. ;)

+ Lirion on November 27th, 2011 at 9:29 am said:

Awesome podcast. Looking forward to guests like Jack Tretton and Shuhei Yoshida!

+ FellOpenIan on November 27th, 2011 at 3:52 pm said:

How about taking Bethesda to task for releasing the PS3 version of Skyrim in a state which soon degrades into being completely unplayable?

+ Oshimai on November 27th, 2011 at 5:50 pm said:

Hey good start with the blogcast.

I have a suggestion for the blogcast. Do you guys check out the PS.Blog.Share section? You guys should promote ideas on the Share section that you like or bring up suggestions of your own to discuss with listeners.

Keep up the good work.

+ Adrance on November 27th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

I loved listening to the first episode of OPB and can’t wait for the next.

Couple of questions/suggestions. Is it available to download anywhere from the PS Store (so I can play it off my PS3)? and what about having the podcast as part of the PS+ automatic downloads?

+ Dante_jrc on November 28th, 2011 at 9:46 am said:

Hey Guys,

I just listened to the podcast. Great job! I have a question. What are everyone’s Trophy levels? Level number including percentage, Trophy count, and number of Platinum Trophies as well.

Keep up the good work!

Ryan
    Dante_jrc

+ TakiFuGu on November 28th, 2011 at 11:01 am said:

Great intro song!
    Suggestion: An IOS app would be great. Access to PSN, trophies, friends list and messaging through my iPhone.

+ Coheno on November 30th, 2011 at 6:03 am said:

Finally an offical podcast… and a great one at that! Definitely making my weekly listening list with the Weekend Confirmed, Bombcast and 8-4 Play. Any chance of getting Shane ‘Mangod’ Bettenhausen on for a guest appearance at some point in time?
    And I’ll definitely have to get a hold of that Cornlove premium theme! Sounds sweet!

+ Rbrtchng on November 30th, 2011 at 1:43 pm said:

It’s a great beginning. I like how they pretty much summarized everything that’s happening in the Playstation Universe. They shed light on even smaller games that other people might not have paid so much attention to.

I hope to hear a more critical perspective though. Almost everybody in the cast thought everything was great. This turns the podcast more like an hour long radio commercial.

+ Invisibleman306 on December 5th, 2011 at 9:18 pm said:

Great podcast. Finally i can listen to not one but two podcast devoted to playstation. I was wondering when are you going to invited the crew from Podcast Beyond onto the show ??? Those guys are the best.

+ GW-guy on December 8th, 2011 at 1:35 pm said:

So glad this is up and running. Congrats!

PAGE 1 2 3