Driveclub

First MLB 12 The Show Screenshots

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Dec 02, 2011 // SCEA PR Manager

Sports fans –

Baseball’s Fall Classic may be over, but that doesn’t mean the action on the virtual diamond has to slow down. Last month on the PlayStation.Blog we announced that Boston Red Sox first baseman Adrian Gonzalez will be our cover athlete for MLB 12 The Show. Now, I’m thrilled to show you our first MLB 12 in-game screenshots. These images feature the newly unveiled uniforms that fans can expect the Orioles, Blue Jays, Padres, and Marlins to sport next season. Players seen here include: Adam Jones (Orioles outfielder), Mark Reynolds (Orioles third baseman), José Bautista (Blue Jays outfielder), Chase Headley (Padres third baseman), Mat Latos (Padres starting pitcher), and Hanley Ramirez (Marlins shortstop). Our good friends at ESPN.com just recently posted up the screens as well. Have a look below.

Details on MLB 12 The Show’s new features (PS3 & Vita) will be coming very soon so keep an eye on the PlayStation.Blog and TheShowNation.

MLB12TheShow_Padres9 (Mat Latos)

MLB12TheShow_Marlins10 (Hanley Ramirez)MLB12TheShow_Orioles6 (Mark Reynolds)

MLB12TheShow_Orioles7 (Adam Jones)

MLB12TheShow_Padres3 (Chase Headley)MLB12TheShow_BlueJays5 (José Bautista)

MLB12TheShow_BlueJays14 (José Bautista)

Welcome to The Show!

42 Comments

+ D-Squad3 on December 2nd, 2011 at 11:52 am said:

1st and keep them coming!

+ bigmf on December 2nd, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

I was thinking of skipping it this year and then you had to go and show Bautista in the shiny new uniforms. Here, take my money.

+ xBLUE_DRAGONx96 on December 2nd, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

pretty sweet

+ David2Crazy on December 2nd, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

I’m hoping for cross-platform play between PS3 & Vita. I’d spend $10, MAYBE $20, more to get both versions bundled together. It would be a great way to push Vita game sales from the start.

+ GibsonD90 on December 2nd, 2011 at 12:01 pm said:

These looks awesome… Only problem is they look just as awesome as last year! Hard to see any difference besides uniforms maybe. I’m sure it’ll be great though.

+ psycrosis on December 2nd, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

OK (Ok)
BLUEJAYS (Blue Jays)
Lets (LETS)
PLAY (PLAY)
BALL (Ball)

Totally stoked, gonna be my first MLB game since Home Run Derby on gamecube,
Am excited, esepecially with the new Uniforms

+ BrushYourTeeth on December 2nd, 2011 at 12:47 pm said:

I don’t play sports games, but I have lots of friends who do and I like to watch occasionally. But which screens are PS3 and which are PSV? Or all one system?

+ Train1999 on December 2nd, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

I had a couple of major questions I have to ask. I would like to know if you can transfer a season between Playstation 3 and Vita? I lastly will we see all 30 MLB Avatars. Last year we only saw 20 MLB teams which I have to say is unacceptable. You had 10 missing teams including four playoff teams (D-Backs, Brewers Rays & Tigers). I’m personaly and Atlanta Braves fan and they didn’t have them either. I hope this part will be straighten out this time this year. Most likely I’ll be staying tuned to the PS Blog. I’ll have my eyes open.

Thanks,
Train

+ Kchow23 on December 2nd, 2011 at 1:04 pm said:

Not interested in baseball in the slightest, but man it would be impressive if those screenshots are actually PS Vita screenshots.

+ xRedxViolence on December 2nd, 2011 at 1:12 pm said:

The Blue Is Back In Blue Jays!

I think you guys made the blue on the uniform too dark from what i remember seeing tone it down. Especially the undershirt underneath it’s a lot lighter more like the color of the new cap they wear.

This is probably a long shot judging by Jose’s jumbotron picture but i would love to see updated pictures with the new cap on for the team as well.

One last thing i really hope to see the rest of the mlb avatars in the store including the new marlins and blue jays logos.

+ GooDer_gAMe on December 2nd, 2011 at 1:15 pm said:

Go jays go. Sad to not see any details yet, but the graphics look impeccable as always.

On a side note, I did not recognize the padres pitcher, I thought it was KB at first lol.

+ germix27 on December 2nd, 2011 at 1:40 pm said:

Goo Red Sox! :D
The game looks sick!
It would be nice to see some pic,for PS Vita ! :D

+ MarkNMo on December 2nd, 2011 at 1:44 pm said:

Not one shot of a member of the World Series champs?

+ brolol07 on December 2nd, 2011 at 3:04 pm said:

I’m shocked that you don’t have one screenshot of the World Series champions. Anyway go Cardinals 12 in 12

+ JEC94 on December 2nd, 2011 at 4:10 pm said:

Sport games are so boring!

+ SirPatPat on December 2nd, 2011 at 4:15 pm said:

Very nice MLB12 The Show!!! Keep ‘em comin!!!! Hopefully, you can show a ‘lil of the Yanks!!!

+ TallCrowe on December 2nd, 2011 at 4:47 pm said:

Can you render Bobby Valentine’s losing season?

+ NEJI64 on December 2nd, 2011 at 6:14 pm said:

@12 Boston Fail Sox……. haha

Yankees all day baby all day..

+ DemoniOtaku on December 2nd, 2011 at 6:32 pm said:

For When this game will come with at least Spanish subs on commentaries? We, Latin-America gamers especially from the caribbean Sea (I’m from venezuela), really like this game but is some of lack that it doesn’t have AT LEAST spanish subs on comments and menu… please… this is a MUST for this game…

+ HeeroCobain on December 2nd, 2011 at 7:24 pm said:

I’m glad to see that style of Blue Jays uniform again. More importantly though, when am I going to be able to get an Orioles (or Ravens, since it’s football season) avatar to rep my hometown on PSN.

+ RobSkillzz on December 2nd, 2011 at 9:44 pm said:

I can’t wait to see Vita screenshots!

+ JuicyPlayer on December 2nd, 2011 at 10:43 pm said:

I need some shots of the Rays!

+ lyfestory on December 3rd, 2011 at 7:19 am said:

looks good, but how good will the game be..? is the actual game in motion better..? have they worked on better collision detection… i swear, every year, i see players running thru other players in game or during replays… i understand these games take a lot of work, but with a new iteration every year without big changes, youd think theyd fix the things like that… granted, i dont really see the point of buying a new sports title each and every year, but maybe ill pick up the 2012 version since this is the best baseball title on any platform…

+ andino0824 on December 3rd, 2011 at 10:03 am said:

CANT WAIT BUTT adrian gonzalez as the COVER nahh

+ PremiumPencil on December 3rd, 2011 at 5:20 pm said:

yea who plays sports

+ scoobydoggie4 on December 3rd, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

Go Red Sox! I gotta say I love the Blue Jays Uniforms.

+ Vabor on December 4th, 2011 at 2:34 am said:

Got to see this on the Vita. Can’t wait.

+ kenkraly2010 on December 4th, 2011 at 9:17 am said:

Looking forward to MLB 12 The Show coming March 2012. One request I do have for the game is for my cleveland indians and their park progressive field in cleveland ohio to have the correct championship banners on the upper deck in right field they are not in left field anymore please fix that for the game and also please add the batter’s eye bar that’s in right center field near the tribe’s bullpen. Thanks SCEA and keep up the good work on the MLB The Show series. Also I hope the indians new uniforms are in MLB 12 the show and they are correct. Looking forward to MLB 12 The Show. GO TRIBE!!!!

+ Disturbed_411 on December 4th, 2011 at 10:07 am said:

Looks Amazing. Can’t wait for this. Going to put 100-200 hours into this game, just like MLB 11 The Show!

+ Disturbed_411 on December 4th, 2011 at 10:08 am said:

Ohh and Rain Delays Please

+ KnightWarriors15 on December 4th, 2011 at 6:58 pm said:

Sweet

+ hush404 on December 4th, 2011 at 7:14 pm said:

MLB the show is always the best looking, best presented, best sounding baseball game each year… but the controls lose me. I can play and enjoy being in the field or pitching… but when I get to bat… I feel like it’s a blind game of chance as to whether or not I can hit anything. Often I lose because I am left swinging like a complete fool.

I just assumed I was bad at baseball games… until I tried a demo last year, for 2Ks annual baseball game. Lone and behold I could hit the damn ball! I was getting base hits, home runs and grand slams. While that game, IMO lacked the polish that the show does… I enjoyed it 10fold because I COULD CONTROL IT properly.

I’m not saying you guys need to drop what you’re doing and dream up a new control method for me alone, ditching the current one… but… an option to switch it up would be nice. Until I can download a demo for the show that shows me I can actually play it… I can’t drop my $60 on the product. I’m sorry.

+ DXfan1000 on December 5th, 2011 at 7:14 am said:

wow these are amazing we now need videos

+ samurai8juicebox on December 5th, 2011 at 4:39 pm said:

David2Crazy, Sony did announce they would have MLB 12 The Show for Vita-http://psp.ign.com/objects/122/122254.html and

+ sftigers97 on December 5th, 2011 at 10:48 pm said:

Man those screenshots are nice, but those Miami Marlin uniforms have got to go!! It would be cool of they included the the 4th of july hats that teams use to honor America!

+ Rocket24x on December 6th, 2011 at 7:48 am said:

I agree with Train1999 i was pretty dissapointed that my Rays were not available as an Avatar. So until then im sticking with my Rocket

+ HOOSIER_CRACKA on December 6th, 2011 at 3:33 pm said:

Player Models still suck. Shoulders attach to the top of the frame and makes all throwing and swinging animations look WAY off. Everyone is stuck with super broad shoulders as well. Just wish they would fix that.

+ iCrizzo on December 13th, 2011 at 4:33 am said:

I just hope that Bautista shot wasn’t off of Lincecum. :)

+ gtathelost on December 16th, 2011 at 8:50 pm said:

These screens look sick, I was going to get it anyway, I am an orioles die hard and these screens of their new uniforms makes me want to buy it more

+ LuNg156 on December 25th, 2011 at 2:34 am said:

The best baseball game !!!

+ stevenpro11 on December 29th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

oh man, i have to pre order this! i cant wait!

+ KNUCKLEBALL7 on December 30th, 2011 at 9:54 pm said:

Cant wait for this to come out! It is a show to the MLB to me. Excellent graphics