LittleBigPlanet 3

Qore’s December Episode features Final Fantasy XIII-2, Soul Calibur V, and The Darkness II

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Dec 06, 2011 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

While most of us are using December to catch up on all the huge game releases this holiday season, the December episode of Qore is looking forward to 2012. And, in anticipation of the new year, we’re very excited to kick off a new era for Qore with both a new host and new correspondent. Please welcome Qore’s new host Jesse Blaze Snider and new field correspondent Tiffany Smith.

Jesse jumps right into the giant sequel Final Fantasy XIII-2. With time travel, new fight mechanics, and new characters joining the old cast, XIII-2 expands an already epic storyline.

If you’re into weapon-based fighting (who isn’t?), then you’ll definitely want to check out the Qore preview of Soul Calibur V. Meet old and new characters such as Assassin’s Creed’s very own Ezio Auditore making his fighting game debut. And, check out the ‘create-a-fighter’ tools.

Tiffany Smith visits 2K Games to catch up with Jackie Estacado’s story in The Darkness II. She reports on the devotion to design demonstrated in the team’s efforts to uphold the graphic novel roots and gets her hands on an intriguing game mechanic they call…’quad wielding.’

For Resistance 3 fans that wanted a little metal in their game, Qore has the scoop on Mastodon’s soundtrack for upcoming DLC. Jesse meets with the band members as they talk about their work, their tour and their own gaming habits.

And, speaking of DLC, don’t miss an exclusive DC Comics Uncharted theme celebrating the 6 issue limited Uncharted series.

We hope you enjoy this month’s Qore.

PAGE 1 2

+ TomHoang on December 6th, 2011 at 12:38 pm said:

WTH, Audrey’s gone too? These new hosts look cool, though.

+ sethchilders on December 6th, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

Welcome to Qore Jessy and Tiffany!

+ Cyris on December 6th, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

No more Veronica Belmont?

I guess no more Qore for me.

+ Dice_for_Death_ on December 6th, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

Looking forward to the next issue.

+ SlaughteredNinja on December 6th, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

Was Veronica fired?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on December 6th, 2011 at 3:26 pm said:

Not at all. She wanted more time to develop her many projects. And, as fans of hers know, she’s got a ton of projects in the works. We wish her all the best.

+ Lusanagi on December 6th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

I did see a video were Veronica said goodbye, but what happened to Audrey?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on December 6th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

Audrey wanted to work full time for a TV Guide show. We also wish her the best.

+ YunGFLASHyy on December 6th, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bring Veronica Belmont back

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on December 6th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

Sweet looking forward to it. I miss Veronica too, but I think Jesse will do a nice job.

+ madcrabs on December 6th, 2011 at 12:53 pm said:

@1. I don’t know how “cool” they look, but I always feel weird when a show gets an entirely new cast.

Also: What happened to Veronica? Did she leave by choice? What’s she doing now?

+ Dice_for_Death_ on December 6th, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

I’m guessing, their contracts were up and the option to renew was either not in the cards or not taken otherwise.

+ MarinoBrea on December 6th, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

Why is REY hosting Qore? lol

+ chriz704 on December 6th, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

Veronica Belmont announced in her twitter that she will be starting a new show, so I guess she left to seek new opportunities.

Chris

+ dreadedpotato on December 6th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

I guess it’s Jersey Qore now…

+ MarinoBrea on December 6th, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

maybe she was only “timed exclusive” and now she’s with microsoft lol

+ MarinoBrea on December 6th, 2011 at 1:04 pm said:

I don’t mean to be rude, but these new hosts feel like out of KINECT PROMO VIDEO, bwahahaha…sorry

+ hypersk_us on December 6th, 2011 at 1:11 pm said:

Ow, no more Veronica…

I kinda feel sad somehow…

However, we have to give the new hosts an opportunity.

+ fabtrocks on December 6th, 2011 at 1:19 pm said:

TWiT.TV
On October 30, 2011, Leo Laporte announced on This Week in Tech (TWiT) that Veronica Belmont would cohost TWiT’s upcoming gaming show with Brian Brushwood called Game On!.

Via Wikipedia

+ VAndrew on December 6th, 2011 at 1:23 pm said:

Not to ask a dumb question but is this going to be released in todays update or later on this month? I always wonder when Qore is released. Thanks in advance.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on December 6th, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

It’s available now for PlayStation PLUS subscribers.

+ fabtrocks on December 6th, 2011 at 1:27 pm said:

It is released today with the rest of the Playstation Network Update.

+ VAndrew on December 6th, 2011 at 1:28 pm said:

Thanks fabtrocks! Very exciting

+ vince8502 on December 6th, 2011 at 1:37 pm said:

PSN Update need to arrive a little faster

+ GGCAN on December 6th, 2011 at 1:49 pm said:

Wow, going to miss Veronica and Audrey.

I still watch Veronica weekly on Revision 3 and Tekzilla, so I’m ok with the change here.

Hope they come back for a few visits down the road on Qore.

+ camiwaits_us on December 6th, 2011 at 2:16 pm said:

A DC Comics Uncharted theme? That is sooooooooo sick. Hopefully it was designed by Adam Hughes

+ fabtrocks on December 6th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

BTW! If you like Little Big Planet 2 and The Muppets there will be a costume pack today it is the first pack, so there should be more in the coming weeks!

+ D-Squad3 on December 6th, 2011 at 2:21 pm said:

SAD FACE
SAD FACE
SAD FACE
SAD FACE
SAD FACE

I hope you guys don’t get rid of Christina Lee

+ D-Squad3 on December 6th, 2011 at 2:25 pm said:

I want to watch and hear a woman’s voice! I want a female host!!!

+ tonydamiani on December 6th, 2011 at 2:36 pm said:

Veronica and Audrey :’(

And I agree, dont get rid of Christina Lee! shes my fav :(

+ AsianG1rls4Life on December 6th, 2011 at 2:41 pm said:

Boooo this show is not very good anymore without Veronica Belmont! that’s to bad : (

+ BigRon3400 on December 6th, 2011 at 2:49 pm said:

Great idea Sony, improve Qore by removing the only thing people liked about it.

+ oycomics on December 6th, 2011 at 2:54 pm said:

Well, it had to happen sometime. Veronica has so many other projects going, I was wondering how much longer she was gonna last. Gonna give these new folks a chance, they seem personable enough.

I’ll be watching it tonight when I get home . . . I could watch it quicker if I could remotely queue stuff for download via the internet (and no, I don’t have a PSP). Hint, hint.

+ TCO on December 6th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

Is there anyway to renew my annual subscription or is there no longer that option?

+ PSWii2008 on December 6th, 2011 at 3:19 pm said:

I saw what they called the “beta” episode of Veronica’s new show Game On!, and it’s really good! It felt a lot like the old Screen Savers/AOTS, but focused entirely on games. Which would make sense since it’s made by former Screen Savers host Leo Laporte and the This Week in Tech (TwiT) crew. The show officially kicks off mid-January on Youtube and their site.

+ JoeDierte on December 6th, 2011 at 3:20 pm said:

I can’t wait to watch Veronica Belmont’s show on TWiT.com.

+ JoeDierte on December 6th, 2011 at 3:28 pm said:

Correction: TWiT.tv

TWiT.tv has a lot of good podcasts filled with tons of content by many of the Tech Journalism industry. Give it a try.

+ favian on December 6th, 2011 at 6:02 pm said:

Huh? Where’s Audrey? Unacceptable.

+ favian on December 6th, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

@29, you know Veronica might have left on her own? Ever consider that?

+ Busca-Cabezas on December 6th, 2011 at 8:16 pm said:

I’m going thru a tsunami of emotions right now! I think I just wrote like 3 different paragraphs as comment and kept deleting them… I guess I’m shocked and @ the same time I’m filled with joy. I’m sure QORE will keep delivering over the top awesome sauce programing. The new hosts look like they will take QORE to the next level…

+ WhyYesImEvil on December 6th, 2011 at 9:37 pm said:

Can anyone tell me the title of the Map of the Problematique remix used on the Soul Caliber section of this month’s Qore?
Thanks for the help in advance.

+ WitchyRein on December 7th, 2011 at 6:00 am said:

i so sad!!! i want Audrey back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ PlayEvoinsec21 on December 7th, 2011 at 6:41 am said:

buuuuu we gonna miss Veronica so bad She is great !! ….. but well welcome to the new guys!

+ burningwind on December 7th, 2011 at 7:42 am said:

Not really into the new people so far. I will keep checking Qore regardless so hopefully things get a little more interesting. Probably doesn’t help I cannot stand Mastodon and am not a fan of Final Fantasy.

+ JLP_M on December 7th, 2011 at 8:44 am said:

Geez people, if the new qore hosts are reading this, I want to say welcome!

+ altair04 on December 7th, 2011 at 6:13 pm said:

Boo!! Im going to miss Veronica! I wish her luck were ever she’s gone onto!
Qore just won’t be the same without her! :(

+ UniPed on December 8th, 2011 at 6:24 am said:

Why no warning? I open Qore and some dude, not cool.

+ LtHead on December 8th, 2011 at 9:25 pm said:

Eww tiffany is the Verizon FiOS help lady in the purple sweater… :-/

+ Welmosca on December 9th, 2011 at 8:47 am said:

Wait?Hold on a minute?…the host is now a man?wait again…a man?SONY you really got to be kidding….

+ LtHead on December 9th, 2011 at 11:17 am said:

Yeah I have a hard time believing tiffany is a real gamer, I think she’s just an actress. As well as the dude jesse c’mon sony… what marketing person is responsible for this? Because they have no clue about gamer demographics…

+ duke301 on December 9th, 2011 at 9:29 pm said:

Just watched Qore, and that Blaze guy is a total freak show. Sony could not have chosen a worse host. Honestly, under what rock did they this wierdo crawling around? It’s safe to say that I’ve watched my last Qore for a while. With any luck, people will stop downloading it going forward, and Sony will realize the mistake that they made. I honestly don’t care if it’s a man or a woman, but my dead grandmother could do a better job.

+ XXCrazy1992XX on December 10th, 2011 at 8:31 pm said:

ファイナルファンタジーがらくたです。2011 年 12 月 15 日 (日本) でまたは 2012 年 1 月 31 日 (アメリカ) で、最も話題の RPG シリーズ史上最高の精彩を欠いたファイナルファンタジー XIII のコピーと貼り付け続編を返します。雷は、壮大な失敗の話を見ての女神を備え、トレーラーを点検しなさい。最終的なファイナルファンタジー XIII 2 Xbox 360 とプレイ ステーション 3 排他的なボーナスのみオンライン ポケモン金・銀・ クリスタル バージョンより良いゲームが知らない人には最終的なファイナルファンタジー XIII-2 ファン達の保護のための今を前注文します。

+ rs5900 on December 11th, 2011 at 10:41 am said:

Before you judge Tiffany’s tech and game credibility, you should run a google and u-tube search. You might find that she has more experience than you think. Suspend your judgement for a couple of episodes. You might also find some of her G4 correspondent work interesting.

PAGE 1 2