The Last Guardian

Dec 18

Dec 18

The Drop: Week of December 19th 2011 New Releases

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

L.A. Noire, NCAA Football 12, Just Cause 2, Brother’s and Arms and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands join the extensive catalog of Blu-ray games which have gone digital on PSN. Also, one of my favorite Sonic the Hedgehog games spin-dash off the Sega CD and onto the PS3 this week. Freshly baked and ready for the holidays, Apples to Apples and Trine 2 are new to PSN.  And here’s your friendly reminder to listen to episode 4 of the PlayStation.Blogcast!

Enjoy this week’s The Drop.

PlayStation Network

L.A. Noire — Set amid the violence and corruption of post-World War II Los Angeles, L.A. Noire is a crime thriller that seamlessly blends crime-solving, clue-finding, car chases and shoot-outs with revolutionary new interrogation-based gameplay that will allow players to read characters’ emotions in order to reveal the truth. Players will take on the role of Cole Phelps, a decorated war veteran, who rises through the ranks of the LAPD by solving a series of gruesome murders and other crimes that bring him face-to-face with the dark heart of Los Angeles during Hollywood’s Golden Age.

NCAA Football 12 — NCAA Football 12 takes the journey of the college athlete to the next level of depth and authenticity. Experience the pride and pageantry of gameday Saturday with all new enhanced in-game presentation, traditions and school specific crowd celebrations. Make an impact on the field as your team takes down your heated rival on the road to the National Championship.

Trine 2 (Demo Available) — Trine 2 takes the first game’s beloved triad and puts them into an all-new adventure filled with more action, more puzzles, and the introduction of online support for the series’s popular cooperative 3-person gameplay.

Sonic CD (Demo Available) — Sonic comes to life and goes up against such foes as Metal Sonic, the evil hedgehog created by Dr. Robotnik. Sonic must collect all the Time Stones from The Little Planet before Dr. Robotnik can bend time and take over the world. Through more than 50 levels, Sonic can travel through time and explore the past, the present, and the future. And as a special bonus for this enhanced 2011 version of Sonic CD, fans can unlock Tails as a playable character!

Just Cause 2 — Rico returns to action in the sequel to Avalanche Studios’ gargantuan action game. Just Cause 2 stars Rico Rodriquez, back to wreak havoc once again, this time with a new destination — the huge playground of the South East Asian islands of Panau. The sequel features more stunts, vehicles and weapons than ever before and an incredible overhauled grappling hook system.

Apples To Apples (Demo Available) — Loved for its zany spontaneity and humorous results, Apples to Apples is the ultimate icebreaker. The family game favorite challenges players to outwit and anticipate the actions of others while taking into consideration personality, preferences and individual senses of humor. Apples to Apples is a word comparison game that requires strategic thinking and allows players to learn while having fun.

Brothers in Arm’s: Hell’s Highway — Gearbox’s third entry in the venerable Brothers In Arms series heads up to the front as with the first of the series for next-generation systems. Delivering on the franchise’s compelling story, unrivaled authenticity and intense squad-based action, Brothers In Arms Hell’s Highway drops you into Operation Market-Garden, the largest airborne operation of World War II.

Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands — Visiting his brother’s kingdom following his adventure in Azad, the Prince finds the royal palace under siege from a mighty army bent on its destruction. When the decision is made to use the ancient power of the Sand in a desperate gamble to save the kingdom from total annihilation, the Prince will embark on an epic adventure in which he will learn to bear the mantle of true leadership, and discover that great power often comes with a great cost.

Demos

• Scene It? Movie Night
  • Cars 2: The Video Game (PSP Version)

minis

• Orbit
  • P.O.W. – Prisoner of War
  • Prehistoric Isle

PSone Classic

Centipede — Play an exterminator tasked with destroying invading pests in a mushroom garden. Using your gun, you must destroy the advancing centipede as it makes its way from the top of the screen to the player area. Mushrooms are scattered about the screen, and the centipede descends a line every time it encounters a mushroom. You must also avoid or destroy spiders, fleas and scorpions, and watch out for poisoned mushrooms that might send the centipede spiraling immediately down to your level. Destroy the centipede to advance to the next wave.

[Editor’s Note: The following dates are subject to change. Game details are gathered from Press Releases from their individual publishers and/or ESRB rating descriptions.]

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

brolol07 said:

December 18th, 8:52 pm

Scene It: Movie Night could be fun when my family comes over, I’ll definitely check out the demo. The demo could be fun if its multiplayer!

Mel_Gibson_bwww said:

December 18th, 9:46 pm

please make some more ps2 classics. i really enjoyed maximo ghosts to glory. how about adding cod 2, cod finest hour, maximo army of zin, ratchet and clank series etc.
on another note, can you please release some gameplay for golden abyss or something? i live far away from all the malls on the list and am DYING for february22nd to come. im gonna get the vita along with golden abyss, modnation racers, lbp, and street fighter x tekken. THX if you do :))))

hypersk_us said:

December 18th, 10:44 pm

YAY!!! I’m getting Sonic CD as soon as I get a PSN card!!!

Just one question: Japan already got the Sonic Generations Casino Night DLC on their PSN, when are we getting it?

Thanks!

HeeroCobain said:

December 18th, 10:45 pm

Can’t wait to play Sonic CD =) Is there going to be any other Sonic related content put out on the store such as avatars/themes?

hypersk_us said:

December 18th, 10:45 pm

Why is my comment awaiting moderation?

I just want to know if we are getting the Casino Night DLC for Sonic Generations just like the JPN PSN Store already did…

Blkant said:

December 18th, 11:13 pm

Also, thank you for calling him Dr. Robotnik as he was originally called, and not that annoying egg man crap they started in later years. :P

that-acmilan-guy said:

December 18th, 11:29 pm

Loving the full ps3 titles on PSN, just make sure the price is inline with the brick and mortar market, even better some discount and you get tons of sale. Lets be honest, If I have a chance of buying off digital or retail for same price, I will go for retail as physical packaging looks attractive on the shelf.

Any more holiday sale coming up? Please make Brutal Legends downloadable on the PSN :)

digiboy123 said:

December 18th, 11:55 pm

Trine 2!

Mister-Nep said:

December 19th, 12:03 am

Definitely getting Sonic CD this week. Looking forward to playing it. I’ll be the first time I get to play it.

Anyway, for the importing crowd. Nanoha: The Gears of Destiny releases this week. I’ve had my Limited Edition on pre-order for a while now.

Ricopitote said:

December 19th, 1:11 am

The wait has been long but finally TRINE 2!! My gf an I spent lots of hours to get each one our platinum in the original game. Lookin forward to donwload the sequel as soon as it appears on the Ps Store.

shades909 said:

December 19th, 1:16 am

I wish that in place of releasing so many ps3 games for download you guys would work on releasing PS1 and PS2 games most of the ps3 games for download are still available in shop and for cheaper.

ALhammadi51 said:

December 19th, 1:25 am

I’m Looking forward to Trine 2.

lisatsunami said:

December 19th, 4:25 am

I love that you’re adding full PS3 games to the PSN. I’ve got a fast Internet & 3 PS3’s so no problem buying digital downloads. But now that I just added a third console (the Harry Potter holiday bundle), I’m starting to wish Sony would ease back their 2 console download limit.

Happy Holidays, Rey.

KingKannibal said:

December 19th, 4:54 am

That’s awesome! Never got to finish Sonic CD!

Yohmaru_EX said:

December 19th, 5:01 am

No free games in chrismas week for plus???? Come on Sony

WarGuyver said:

December 19th, 5:46 am

need to start releasing more PS2 games on PSN

MATT_COS said:

December 19th, 6:01 am

omg… when will they release nfl blitz for ps1…. is best game ever….
i never shoulda tossed it… but i forgot how awsome it was…

Devil_Hawk546 said:

December 19th, 6:25 am

I see nothing about Uncharted 3 dlc…….should I be worried Naughtydog is going to wait another bloody week?

Optimizm said:

December 19th, 7:04 am

Nice! Any word on Mirror’s Edge dropping on PSN anytime soon?

fullblock said:

December 19th, 7:13 am

psn NEEDS!!! DIABLO PSone Classic

Taronamic said:

December 19th, 7:14 am

This is tottaly BS still no PS2 games here i spend hundreds of dollars on the playstation network store and they cant seem to release a single ps2 game in 3-4 weeks now com on Sony

JonJonXD said:

December 19th, 7:44 am

Trine 2 + Sonic CD = Bought.

Already have the money in my wallet and everything.

Venom1976 said:

December 19th, 8:36 am

@4 If you want MGS VR Missions then you will have to go to Konami. it’s their decision to release it or not.

Demonhunter84 said:

December 19th, 9:13 am

Probably get Sonic CD since it’s only $5. Great to see more PS3 games added to PSN, might get Just Cause 2 if the price is $20.

HandsomeDave85 said:

December 19th, 9:33 am

I’m with 19
MNR DLC packs need a discount
Maybe All 3 track packs for $20??

Joshey_boo said:

December 19th, 9:42 am

Getting that LA Noire for sure. Just make sure its at a good price

duffyboy1986 said:

December 19th, 9:59 am

anyone thinking just cause 2 goona be a loose $20 on psn….dreaming

QUINTISON said:

December 19th, 11:23 am

So where’s strangers wrath,journey and the good stuff we’re all still waiting on?

avanfreak23 said:

December 19th, 11:42 am

well seems most important games of Retail are coming to digital, i really liked the tomb rider underworld free, could you give more PS3 games free like that in the following months? PS Plus really worth it

Trieloth said:

December 19th, 12:38 pm

TRINE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SWEEEEETAA!!!!

bagouser said:

December 19th, 1:48 pm

How about releasing Blasto as a PSOne classic? It was a great game in it’s day.
Crazy but complex levels, bizarre enemies, lots of Phil Hartman’s (RIP) signature sarcasm, babes in bikinis?
What’s not to like?

heyugetoverhere said:

December 20th, 1:10 am

Rey Gutierrez , LA NOIRE is great but what do we have to do to get BLUR on psn?

It’s the funnest 20 player online powered racing combat game ever. Its not fair that xbox has it in marketplace but not us :(

frawsty79 said:

December 20th, 3:53 am

Centipede? I think I’ll pass. When will the likes of Colony Wars or Skullmonkeys make their way to the network? I for one would be aaaaall over those. Or…just remembered Bushido Blade 1 and 2!

nelly_mc11 said:

December 20th, 5:59 am

L.A.Noire is one of the best games ive played and anyone who buys it will love it…its not like any other rockstar game….will mw3 be coming to psn?

ToKKeNbL00dMoNeY said:

December 20th, 7:00 am

this update really sucks, there is nothing worth even looking at, and buddy above me, mw3 will not be coming to psn, one…. too many people already own it so sony wont make alot from it, and also activision will wont it on the shitbox not the greatest gaming console ever….. which i dont understand because i cant stand mw3 i bought it then took it back because its like a very crappy dlc for mw2 which also sucked :P in other words its MW 2.5 XD i cant stand call of duty anymore with games like battlefied 3 and skyrim and rage and uncharted XD

musicman1234 said:

December 20th, 7:08 am

L.A.Noire on Digital Download?..Oh My. You guys at PlayStation sure are impressing me.
Fans of L.A. Noire..Look here!!…

THEdanksmith said:

December 20th, 7:25 am

Where is Tomba!!!!!!!! all other ps1 classics should be put on hold until tomba and tomba 2 comes out

Taronamic said:

December 20th, 7:52 am

Seriously Rey Gutierrez, this drop of the week is BS as i mentioned before some
better …

*PS2 games would be nice…

any ideas when any PS2 games are going to hit the PSN store?

diegovcarvalho said:

December 20th, 1:09 pm

Nice

BigDaddyEarl71 said:

December 20th, 1:09 pm

If you want to feel the LOVE of many, many PSN users and become a LEGEND for a lot of us, here’s what you should do. Bring Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Legaia to the PSOne classics list.

DPsx7 said:

December 20th, 1:43 pm

Trine 2 and Sonic CD sound good. Put a fair price on them and we got a deal. DRM or anything over $10 and you can forget it. DLC is not worth more than than since I don’t get a disc, case, or manual. There are actually a number of PSN games I’ve refused due to overpricing.

Killermonkey1991 said:

December 20th, 2:42 pm

OMG IT’S THE 20TH AND NO SONIC CD DEMO OR GAME WELL LOOKS LIKE I’M PLAYIN SRTT THEN :(
HAS TH DATE BEEN CHANGED AGAIN

Bigmoose1985 said:

December 20th, 3:28 pm

I have to agree with Tarazuma # 8, there are still alot of sqauresoft games still not on the US store.

robhorine711 said:

December 20th, 3:54 pm

Lots of PSP goodness, but for some reason, I can’t transfer games from my PS3 hard drive and my PSP via USB port. If anyone has any help, I would appreciate it.

mufn8r said:

December 26th, 6:15 am

Just Cause 2 is a very good game. As for the PSP being dead, I agree. The development and release of the VITA is a very poor business decision. The time, and money wasted on VITA could have gone into a new XMB for PS3–hint, hint.

Shidarth said:

January 1st, 6:30 pm

@94 after you download the game, copy the file before installing it. it worked with PS1 Classics so it should also work with PSP games :)

Sub-Zero_BR said:

January 7th, 3:56 am

I commented here a couple weeks ago about the bundle promotion on Assassin’s Creed 2 Deluxe Edition, and they didn’t fix it yet, I have bought the game but the store page doesn’t show that I have bought the game, only the add-ons, it only shows correctly on my download history.

Please give us an update about that, as it is a PAIN to scroll down the list of my purchases, while I can just go to the store page and search for it and download it much faster.

PAGE 1 2