PS4-Infamous

Twisted Metal, Patapon, and Hot Shots Headline New PSP Dual Packs

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar + Posted by Crystal MacKenzie on Dec 20, 2011 // Brand Marketing Manager, Hardware

Back in June we introduced the PSP “Dual Pack” that offers a selection of PSP Favorites. We’re happy to announce the availability of three new PSP Dual Packs featuring MotorStorm: Arctic Edge and Twisted Metal: Head-on; Patapon and LocoRoco; and Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee and Hot Shots Tennis.

Motorstorm & Twisted Metal Dualpack

These PSP Dual packs will be available at retailers nationwide in January as well as downloadable via the PlayStation Network for $14.99 (MSRP).

At an affordable price of $129.99 (MSRP), PSP continues to offer consumers the ability to enjoy console quality gaming on the go. PSP Dual Packs are a great fit for those who want to play and access a wide variety of PSP classics.

Patapon & Locoroco DualpackHot Shots Golf & Tennis Dualpack

Which of these PSP Dual Packs are you looking forward to most? Let us know in the comments below.

+ krae_man on December 20th, 2011 at 7:13 am said:

Where’s my Locoroco Vita with tilt controls. Come on, you’re probably working on it. Spill the beans already:p

+ HatmanTc on December 20th, 2011 at 7:27 am said:

might have to get that Hot Shot bundle..

+ onslaughtree on December 20th, 2011 at 7:32 am said:

Yes, that TM/Motorstorm pack is mine. Just hope the digital version comes on day 1. My pspGo is waiting.

+ vip_strike on December 20th, 2011 at 7:43 am said:

i don’t know why but i prob go for patapon and locoroco..

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar

+ Crystal MacKenzie on December 20th, 2011 at 12:30 pm said:

I’m with you- those are two of my fav games.

+ dizeeStL on December 20th, 2011 at 7:45 am said:

Which of these PSP Dual Packs are you looking forward to most?

None of them.

+ ItaChu on December 20th, 2011 at 7:53 am said:

the psp is dead lol release these as digital downloads on the PSN so we can use them on the vita :) cant wait for feb 22

+ mrbiggbrain on December 20th, 2011 at 7:56 am said:

Definitely going to be getting that twisted metal / motorstorm bundle. Can we get a release date? Im interested in the release date fir the PSN version.

+ poodude on December 20th, 2011 at 8:13 am said:

Oh nice, I still haven’t played Motorstorm or Twisted Metal on my PSP so that’s probably the one I’m going to get.

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar

+ Crystal MacKenzie on December 20th, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

They are awesome games! I hope you enjoy!

+ TomHoang on December 20th, 2011 at 8:14 am said:

Darn, I wish these were coming out before the new year. But I’m glad to see some newer titles for the dual packs. I’ve been fiending for Motorstorm Arctic Edge for a while now. Hopefully there is one soon that includes Resistance Retribution :)

+ Green-Elf on December 20th, 2011 at 8:15 am said:

There is a couple hundred hours of fun in the Hot Shots pack. Impressive.

+ kivi95 on December 20th, 2011 at 8:24 am said:

6# read again.

+ Genexi2 on December 20th, 2011 at 8:40 am said:

These PSP bundles make me wonder why there isn’t a LittleBigPlanet/ModNationRacers dual-pack for PS3 since those two games go hand-in-hand with one another.

Anyways, definitely picking up the Motorstorm/Twisted Metal pack, not played me a Twisted Metal since Black, so I might as well get warmed up for the new one coming out on PS3 in a couple months. Also interested in seeing how faithful Motorstorm is on the PSP given how technically proficient that series has always been on the PS3.

+ Demonhunter84 on December 20th, 2011 at 9:05 am said:

Probably get Twisted Metal/Motorstorm as I never played a Motorstorm game before so looking forward to it. I wish you would release a God of War bundle with Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta for PSP.

+ zombie9 on December 20th, 2011 at 9:10 am said:

don’t have any of them very interesting. to bad I’m broke spent $400+ on PS products this holiday all ready Happy Holidays ALL PS3 games any way(;

+ onslaughtree on December 20th, 2011 at 9:37 am said:

@ TheMissingLink, Your so correct, Hot Shots Tennis is AWESOMEEEEEEE. I have logged over 150 hrs into that game. would love to see another on the Vita.

+ Carl-G on December 20th, 2011 at 10:11 am said:

Any chance of ‘MotorStorm: Arctic Edge’ coming to the PS3? i.e a ‘MotorStorm: Arctic Edge HD’ version :P

+ Genexi2 on December 20th, 2011 at 10:26 am said:

@17 Carl-G

Given there was a PS2 port of the game, and that PSN recently added a PS2-Classics line-up, it wouldn’t surprise me if it gets brought over to it eventually.

+ chemerie on December 20th, 2011 at 10:30 am said:

Ever considered new dual packs for PS3 like a Ratchet & Clank Dual Pack (P&C Future tools of Destruction and R&C A Crack in Time} or a God of War Dual Pack (GOW HD Collection and GOW III)?

+ ItCantBeTooEpic on December 20th, 2011 at 10:44 am said:

I need that MS/TM pack…

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on December 20th, 2011 at 11:55 am said:

I’ve been looking to get MotorStorm for a while. I think i’ll pick up the dual pack when it comes out. 15 bucks is a good price for 2 games.

+ joaryche on December 20th, 2011 at 2:01 pm said:

I like the MS/TM. I would like to see a pack of games that are no longer readily available anymore.

+ Onvertic on December 20th, 2011 at 2:30 pm said:

Personally I like Patapon/ LocoRoco and Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee/Hot Shots Tennis. Hope you keep bundling games together and ask 3rd parties in to add their psp catalog on the store.

+ triple_lei on December 20th, 2011 at 2:55 pm said:

There goes any hope I had of a Patapon series bundle. I already bought LocoRoco for… well, too much!

+ AgentX on December 20th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

I’m tempted to pick up the Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee/Hot Shots Tennis dual pack. It’ll keep my PSP busy while I await the arrival of Vita.

+ Permafry_42 on December 20th, 2011 at 3:21 pm said:

great deals! too bad i can’t play them unless I pay $80 to repair my screen even though it broke on its own!

+ depward on December 20th, 2011 at 4:22 pm said:

Why in the world would you include Open Tee ONE?! Really? I love, love, love my PSP but dangit if you guys & gals take one step forward & two steps back with decisions regarding the PSP hardware & software situation.

That being said, like what TheMissingLink stated – Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip is flipping awesome. So incredibly good! It’s just sad that it’s bundled with Open Tee 1 and not Open Tee 2.

+ GreenJedii on December 20th, 2011 at 5:32 pm said:

Looks like a good time to try out the HotShots series!

+ Elvick_ on December 20th, 2011 at 9:50 pm said:

I hope for a LocoRoco and Patapon for PSVita… or a new game with the unique flare that those two games have.

I wish Capcom would do a Mega Man dual pack. I want those games… but amazon.ca’s prices for them suck.

+ Emerald_Swords on December 21st, 2011 at 1:38 am said:

Motorstorm and Twisted Metal is on my list.

+ JanLVP on December 21st, 2011 at 11:37 am said:

I want a Patapon Collection (1, 2, and 3) released for PS3…

+ CameronJessop on December 23rd, 2011 at 1:22 pm said:

I think I’d like the Patapon and LocoRoco because i want them both and i don’t have them.

+ supermariofan101 on December 30th, 2011 at 3:14 pm said:

I like that it is also available on the PSN as well. That would make it playable on the Vita when it is released.

+ supermariofan101 on December 30th, 2011 at 3:22 pm said:

What? I got a PS Plus card 12/17 and activated it, but why is there no PS Plus overly image over my avatar? The card was a 1 year card. I haven’t gotten to my PS3 yet, so I activated it using Media Go, so it should show that I have PS Plus now… Weird…

+ FEWSTERSHUG on January 3rd, 2012 at 6:12 pm said:

better then those singles you’ve been buyin all year

+ Weaponator-3614 on January 16th, 2012 at 10:34 am said:

They should have a Patapon 3-pack.