PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Vita Launch Lineup and Details

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Dec 22, 2011 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

As you all know, PlayStation Vita launched in Japan this past weekend, and we’ve been excited to hear which games have been the most popular with our friends across the Pacific. But I’m sure all of you have been wanting to find out which titles will be released when PS Vita launches in the U.S./Canada on Feb. 22. Today we announced the official PS Vita software launch lineup for the U.S. and Canada, and you’ll be pleased to know that PS Vita will have the biggest and best lineup we’ve ever launched across the history of PlayStation platforms.

SCE Worldwide Studios, along with our publishing partners, have been working extremely hard to build games that provide you all with new ways to experience gaming on the go. There will be 25 games available on day 1, and in total more than 100 games currently in development. Pricing for all software will range from $9.99-$49.99 (MSRP) and will be available for purchase at retail locations as well as downloadable on the PlayStation Network.

PlayStation Vita: North America Launch Line-Up

PS Vita Software Lineup:

SCEA Launch Day Titles
Escape Plan (PSN Only)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super StarDust Delta (PSN only)
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048

Launch Window Titles
Gravity Rush
MLB 12 The Show
Reality Fighters
Unit 13

Third Party Publisher Launch Day Titles

Army Corps of Hell Square Enix, Inc.
Asphalt Injection Ubisoft, Inc.
BEN10 GALACTIC RACING D3 Publisher of America
Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND Aksys Games Localization, Inc.
Dungeon Hunter Alliance Ubisoft, Inc.
Dynasty Warriors Next Tecmo Koei America Corporation
F1 2011 Codemasters
EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer Electronic Arts, Inc.
Lumines Electronic Symphony Ubisoft, Inc.
Michael Jackson The Experience Ubisoft, Inc.
Plants vs. Zombies (PSN Only) Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Rayman Origins Ubisoft, Inc.
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
Tales of Space: Mutant Blobs (PSN Only) Drinkbox Studios
Touch My Katamari Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition Sega of America

Launch Window Titles

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Warner Bros. Interactive Ent. Inc.
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention NIS America, Inc.
NINJA GAIDEN ∑ PLUS Tecmo Koei America Corporation
Ridge Racer Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
Silent Hill Book of Memories Konami Digital Ent. America, Inc.
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted 505 Games

Also, every PS Vita system will be packed with six AR Play Cards and one voucher to download a handful of augmented reality mini games called AR Play via the PlayStation Network. All first party games along with a selection of accessories and third party games will be available for purchase a week early (Feb. 15) in conjunction with the availability date of the First Edition PS Vita Bundle.

For those of you looking for a complete solution, a Starter Kit will be available for $39.99 (MSRP), which includes a 4GB Memory Card, Pocket Pouch, Protective Film, Card Case, Headphones, and Cleaning Cloth. Standalone Memory Cards will start at $19.99 (MSRP), providing plenty of options for storing games and save data, videos, music, photos and more.

Product Name Release Date MSRP
Card Case February 15, 2012 $5.99
Cradle February 15, 2012 $19.99
Portable Charger Spring 2012 $49.99
AC Adaptor February 15, 2012 $14.99
Car Adaptor Spring 2012 $14.99
USB Cable February 15, 2012 $14.99

Which PS Vita titles are you looking forward to playing at launch? Let us know in the comments below.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ remanutd5 on December 22nd, 2011 at 11:59 am said:

come on Make Motorstorm RC a launch title please ,when is it coming out ??? Motorstorm RC and Resistance Burning Skies are my 2 most anticipated vita titles !!!

+ SiloEyes on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:02 pm said:

Will there be a pricing difference between retail and the PSN store versions of games? Discounts on the digital versions would provide higher incentive to purchase a memory stick at those prices.

+ cjmc18 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

I NEED VITA NOW!!!!
ONE QUESTION: THE GAMES WERE SUPPOSE TO BE FROM 9.99 – 39.99$ WHY NOW IS -49.99$ ?

+ lorginor7 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:03 pm said:

Thanks for lowering the price of the memory cards, that was my only concern :) They’re still kinda pricey.. but this is alot better

+ jonboy_jlf_2004 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

So are the digital copies cheaper than the retail copies? If so, by how much?

+ AgentX on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

I have to say that’s one of the best lineups of games that I’ve ever seen for a system launch! I’ve been gaming for over 30 years, and remember when systems like ColecoVision and Atari 5200 were newly released.

Of the PS Vita launch titles, I’ll pick up Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, and Lumines Electronic Symphony, and also hit up the PlayStation Store for Super Stardust Delta and Escape Plan. Depending on the pricing of the games, I might also get another one or two more.

+ Snipers-Origon on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:04 pm said:

are trophies locked to one account. because then me and my bro have to buy two games ;(

+ Dogtype on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:05 pm said:

If we imported a Vita, will we be able to purchase those AR cards and the AR minigames?

+ bharken on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:06 pm said:

No doubt, day 1 purchase for me. :)

What does the package include btw?

+ drepsx3 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Is it true Gravity Rush is PSN only?

+ uncleniccius on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:09 pm said:

Any info on LBP?

+ Dennie on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:11 pm said:

49.99 MSRP? I guess I’ll wait for the you know what PS Vita.

+ Francision69 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

I totes want this!!!!

+ dragonmagician on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:13 pm said:

Like most people, I have questions/comments as well.
1. Loved to get solid release dates on the “Launch Window” titles
2. What happened to LittleBigPlanet, Resistance, Motorstorm RC and Ruin? Hope to hear more on these games soon.
3. How does the Portable Charger work (ie; can I use it during gameplay?) and how many more hours can I get?
4. Is game prices going to be the same between retail and PSN?
5. How big (in GB) are the games?

+ Chidori_93 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

So, No Gravity Rush No Wi-fi Bundle THANKS SONY always listening to your FANS…

NO VITA FOR ME…

+ Nates4Christ on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

Thank You sony for lowering the price of the memory cards, and thank you for such a great game lineup.

+ KristopherAry on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:16 pm said:

like to get one but to costly on top of that i heard they dont even work in japan not truning back and going into debug mode

+ Chihuahua21099 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

I might have to get one. do you know how much it will cost yet ?

+ ChaseHammerJ on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

wow a lot of recycled games…

looks like it will be a while before i pick this up. I bought a PSP Dexter Pack when it came out then shortly after UMDs stopped being made and then game support vanished. Not again sorry.

+ nTIMd8r on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

I’m a little confused by the arbitrary memory card pricing…

There is no way these should cost so much more than an SD card of the same size.I can buy a Class 10 SD card for $50.00 less than Sony’s prices. Do Sony’s proprietary cards even approach Class 10 SD speeds?

What do I get for the extra $50.00? Do the cards have more read/write cycles than an SD card?

+ polo155 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

PS VITA 3G/WI-FI

Starter Pack 32gb Memory Card

Virtua Tennis

HotShots

MLB The SHow

and i have alot alot alot of Games from When i had a PSP Go so ill be set for awhile… Ill Be grabbing the WipeOut 2048 and UC… i spend lol but those are my essentials

as i write this i just get got a call my older sis just passed away. :(

Love You Maria Santana for ever and ever!

+ Charles_Surge on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:24 pm said:

Define “launch window.”

+ Benmo316 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:25 pm said:

I’m really excited. I just bought my Vita bundle so I get it on the 15th instead of the 22nd! Also, has anyone invented a time machine yet, ’cause that would be great!

+ WowahNoah on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:31 pm said:

Yeah they lowered the price for memory cards!

+ mjc0961 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:33 pm said:

I can get a 32GB Micro SD card for $34 from Amazon. Maybe once 32GB Vita memory card prices fall that low, I’ll pick up a Vita. Until then, big pass on the $350 price tag for the Vita and a memory card of useful size (some people will try to point out that the 4GB is a mere $20; my reply is that 4GB is worthless if you want to download PSN and PSP games to play on your Vita like I would do if I ever get one).

@48: $40 for a 16 GB Micro SD card? You got ripped off.

+ KazeEternal on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:34 pm said:

Day One Purchases:
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Super Stardust Delta
Gravity Rush
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
Marvel Vs Capcom
Cradle
Card Case

Purchase dropped due to unfavorable status of game:
Ridge Racer

Displeased over:
Memory Card prices’…….. 100 dollars for 32 gigs…. really? 4gig and 8 gig cards…. why do these even exist?

I’m sorry, but these memory card prices and configurations are unacceptable. these product lines should be a dollar per gig. This isn’t 2005! Of the things that you learned from PSP I would have figured you would have learned this lesson. Your 32 gig cards is 3 times that of a Micro SD!

+ Teflon02 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:35 pm said:

So this is me:
Sony PlayStation Vita
$249.99
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
$49.99 at most (I’m Praying $29.99 cause i’m already using ridiculous money i don’t really have on it)
Rayman Origins
$39.99 I’m guessing (but again hope $29.99)
32GB Memory Card
$99.99

If i get the money..
Cradle
$19.99
Pouch
$19.99

$449.99 + Tax = $508.49
$409.99 + Tax = $463.29

add-ons under $50 but doubt i’ll get.(my brother is getting uncharted n marvel)

+ novistadorknight on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:37 pm said:

THIS IS AWESOME I AM DEFINITELY GETTING THIS ON DAY 1 ALONG WITH UNCHARTED:GOLDEN ABYSS AND THE STARTER KIT!

My only question is: will there be any kind of way to pay more and get a different sized memory card with the starter kit?

+ KingLazy93 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

I’m getting the PSV (Wi-Fi model), Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush.

I also might think of getting Rayman Origins and ModNation Racers on the handheld.

+ RidleysBox on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:39 pm said:

I wonder how long before Sandisk and Lexar will have their Memory cards out at 20%-30% cheaper rates. Price gouge much Sony?

That said, I think I will have to wait till summer when there is a bundle available, cheaper memory, and Sony realizes how many sales they lost from locking the vita to one account, and locking out trophies if you lend your buddy a game, yup no trophies unless you wipe all saved data. Welcome to the PS Vita Dystopia!!!

Oh!! Merry Christmas =)

+ Cylence_XIX on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:40 pm said:

None. I’m sorry, but the inability to have multiple user accounts on an expensive portable device is unforgivable. That feature alone has killed the interest from everyone I know who was considering buying this near launch.

+ xAssassinx1 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:41 pm said:

So what size memory card comes in the starter kit?

If I was getting a Vita day one I would get:

MLB The Show(full RTTS experience on the go? Yes Please)
Gravity Rush(just looks fresh and awesome)
Silent Hill Memories
Fifa(back touchscreen to aim and shoot? Yes! I hate shooting on PS3)
Rayman Origins(would be a PERFECT game for portability)
Escape Plan
Maybe Blazeblue
Uncharted
Touch My Katamari(for the WTF moments)

Wow- that’s way more than I had for my launch PSP within a whole year!
I like that prices will vary. But PSN only games? Sony said “Oh you WILL buy a memory card from us, one way or another.”

+ RidleysBox on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:42 pm said:

@ Teflon02

Modracers is $29.99 for the physical copy at amazon. No page for Rayman yet

+ Hellver08 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:43 pm said:

These are the games that I am getting day 1:
Escape Plan
Uncharted
Little Deviants
Rayman Origins
Fifa (Maybe)

Can’t wait for this system to be out already!

+ alexh4319 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:45 pm said:

@ 65 gravity rush has already been confirmed to launch in north America februarary 22 just check on their website anyway: Ps Vita wifi only preordered’ GravityRush and Uncharted Golden abyss for me along with that 32gb memory card.

+ xAssassinx1 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:48 pm said:

On another note. I like that 32GB isn’t 120. But 100 still seems too expensive. With PSN only vita games, ps1 classics, video including trailers and maybe movies, music, and downloading retail vita games, on top of game saves…will 32 GB be enough? I know 4GB def wont just with my ps1 classics and music alone.

I wanted to go all digital with the Vita, but file size combined with expensive storage is still holding me back. Can game saves be stored on the retail game card? Is DLC also stored on the game card?

+ FinalMacstorm on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

When do we get details on 3G data pricing?

+ Jimb0 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:49 pm said:

Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational is the only correct answer. Followed closely by wipeout 2048 and Uncharted of course.

+ Myke-Myke on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:51 pm said:

Thx for the info Sony!!!

Finally!

+ MY—-SKILLS on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:52 pm said:

i was clear in the surveys i took in explaining that this is the kind of stuff that got sony in the mess they r in now u can put a different shaped piece of plastic around a 32gb nand chip and it still does not warrant a higher price tag everything on the vita looks great but $100 for a 32gb memory card is ridiculous u need to look at the market and and price it accordingly

+ WorcesterRaider on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:54 pm said:

For those that have an issue with the memory, I would recommend using your PS3 as storage. I am sure you would be just as happy with 2-3 games available as with 7-10 on the Vita.

At least that is the route I will go and save some money on the memory.

+ drepsx3 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

Also i saw some games only have in game manuals…. Please don’t let this happen when the Vita comes to the US.

+ GrimReaper4383 on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:55 pm said:

pre-ordered the first edition bundle today. cant wait til 2/15…

+ dokoganryu on December 22nd, 2011 at 12:56 pm said:

I’m looking forward to the Vita, but the memory card prices are just outrageous. Hopefully we will see third-party memory cards for the device, otherwise I fear this will adversely affect sales.

+ HatmanTc on December 22nd, 2011 at 1:00 pm said:

@80 how many mobile devices let you have multiple accounts like that though. personally i think people are making a huge deal out of nothing

+ SlaughteredNinja on December 22nd, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

Question! Will the VITA come with a memory card or will I have to buy it seperately?

+ gold1617 on December 22nd, 2011 at 1:01 pm said:

can’t wait for 1st edition bundle… Does it require a 3g data plan?

+ RidleysBox on December 22nd, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

@WorcesterRaider

You can’t efficiently use your PS3 as storage, only non-installed items can be transferred to the vita, then they get auto-deleted. You have to re-download them every-time you want to change whats on your memory card.

Its not like the PSP where you installed the content to the PS3 and just transfer them over.

+ head20 on December 22nd, 2011 at 1:03 pm said:

i couldnt wait i get my ps vita wifi in the mail on Sat i got a bundle pack the vita, uncharted , umvc 3 and a for get memory card so the only thing ill be waiting on n the states is to get a 32 gb memory card and fifa o i forgot and a fps LONG LIVE PLAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ FireDragonMonkey on December 22nd, 2011 at 1:06 pm said:

Thank you for adjusting the prices on the memory cards! These new prices are much more affordable (reasonable) and in line with retail prices of MicroSD cards and MemoryStick Duo. I’m starting to think I’ll be able to afford one when it comes out now that the memory prices have been lowered (an 8GB card looks decent for size and price).

Any word on a UMD Passport program coming to US/Canada? This is a big factor for me whether or not I’ll buy a PS Vita in the first year (I still have a lot of UMD PSP games that I’m not done playing).

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6