Bloodborne

PlayStation Vita Launch Lineup and Details

John Koller's Avatar + Posted by John Koller on Dec 22, 2011 // VP of Platforms Marketing, SCEA

As you all know, PlayStation Vita launched in Japan this past weekend, and we’ve been excited to hear which games have been the most popular with our friends across the Pacific. But I’m sure all of you have been wanting to find out which titles will be released when PS Vita launches in the U.S./Canada on Feb. 22. Today we announced the official PS Vita software launch lineup for the U.S. and Canada, and you’ll be pleased to know that PS Vita will have the biggest and best lineup we’ve ever launched across the history of PlayStation platforms.

SCE Worldwide Studios, along with our publishing partners, have been working extremely hard to build games that provide you all with new ways to experience gaming on the go. There will be 25 games available on day 1, and in total more than 100 games currently in development. Pricing for all software will range from $9.99-$49.99 (MSRP) and will be available for purchase at retail locations as well as downloadable on the PlayStation Network.

PlayStation Vita: North America Launch Line-Up

PS Vita Software Lineup:

SCEA Launch Day Titles
Escape Plan (PSN Only)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super StarDust Delta (PSN only)
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048

Launch Window Titles
Gravity Rush
MLB 12 The Show
Reality Fighters
Unit 13

Third Party Publisher Launch Day Titles

Army Corps of Hell Square Enix, Inc.
Asphalt Injection Ubisoft, Inc.
BEN10 GALACTIC RACING D3 Publisher of America
Blazblue: Continuum Shift EXTEND Aksys Games Localization, Inc.
Dungeon Hunter Alliance Ubisoft, Inc.
Dynasty Warriors Next Tecmo Koei America Corporation
F1 2011 Codemasters
EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer Electronic Arts, Inc.
Lumines Electronic Symphony Ubisoft, Inc.
Michael Jackson The Experience Ubisoft, Inc.
Plants vs. Zombies (PSN Only) Sony Online Entertainment LLC
Rayman Origins Ubisoft, Inc.
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
Tales of Space: Mutant Blobs (PSN Only) Drinkbox Studios
Touch My Katamari Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition Sega of America

Launch Window Titles

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 Warner Bros. Interactive Ent. Inc.
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention NIS America, Inc.
NINJA GAIDEN ∑ PLUS Tecmo Koei America Corporation
Ridge Racer Namco Bandai Games America Inc.
Silent Hill Book of Memories Konami Digital Ent. America, Inc.
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted 505 Games

Also, every PS Vita system will be packed with six AR Play Cards and one voucher to download a handful of augmented reality mini games called AR Play via the PlayStation Network. All first party games along with a selection of accessories and third party games will be available for purchase a week early (Feb. 15) in conjunction with the availability date of the First Edition PS Vita Bundle.

For those of you looking for a complete solution, a Starter Kit will be available for $39.99 (MSRP), which includes a 4GB Memory Card, Pocket Pouch, Protective Film, Card Case, Headphones, and Cleaning Cloth. Standalone Memory Cards will start at $19.99 (MSRP), providing plenty of options for storing games and save data, videos, music, photos and more.

Product Name Release Date MSRP
Card Case February 15, 2012 $5.99
Cradle February 15, 2012 $19.99
Portable Charger Spring 2012 $49.99
AC Adaptor February 15, 2012 $14.99
Car Adaptor Spring 2012 $14.99
USB Cable February 15, 2012 $14.99

Which PS Vita titles are you looking forward to playing at launch? Let us know in the comments below.

+ saintaqua on December 22nd, 2011 at 3:50 pm said:

People who are complaining about everything would complain if they received the Vita at half the cost.
I’m very excited for it and I’m happy the memory sticks are not as expensive as previously predicted.

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on December 22nd, 2011 at 3:51 pm said:

Now those prices are closer to what I was expecting for the memory cards! Looks like I’m back to the 32GB one. The 4GB and 8GB prices are exactly what I’ve expected for months, the 16GB and 32GB are still higher but more in line with my 49.99-54.99 for 16GB, 79.99-89.99 for the 32GB card “predictions”.

Now if only Gravity Rush was coming on on at least Feb. 22nd, I had U:GA pre-ordered but remembered that I’m not the biggest Uncharted fan… Oh well, if I keep my pre-order there’s always PSP RPGs I’ve missed out on from not owning a PSP so I could just download them, I’m sure they’ll tide me over. Might check out Escape Plan though…

+ lPHOENIXZEROl on December 22nd, 2011 at 3:55 pm said:

@148

You can’t remove something from the PSV that it never had. Besides, PSV games on an HDTV would look worse than PSP games did on an SDTV and we already have screen caps from the PSV’s screen shot function to prove it. Plus it would cause some issues with touch games where you kinda sorta need to be looking at the PSV screen. Besides that, who knows what the multipurpose connector and really be used for.

+ DeathGazer on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:04 pm said:

Just found out Gravity Rush is going to downloadable-only in Europe.

Hope that’s not the case for North America, not planning on spending too much on these over-priced memory cards.

+ WowahNoah on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:05 pm said:

What are the prices for downloads and downloads only?

+ WATERSTAND on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:07 pm said:

God forbid Sony from making money by keeping their units run on its own proprietary drives. Cheap 3rd party cards will eventually come and these prices are REASONABLE considering they are on a closed format. Don’t like it, don’t buy it, wait.

I got my Japanese PS Vita arrived from Hong Kong yesterday. I’ve had a day playing around with the thing and I must say. THIS IS THE MOST IMPRESSIVE PlayStation YET! Ultimate Marvel VS. Capcom 3 is a blast on the handheld and Shinobido 2 Sange is the Tenchu game I’ve been wanting for years. Gorgeous graphics, smooth gameplay, easy controls. The Vita is bound to be one of the greatest consoles yet both handheld and home console, I see nothing but great things to come.

This is proof of my new baby and I’m a very proud early adapter and owner. A very expensive purchase but I work for my own money and I buy the things I want. If you’re waiting on one for the US release, trust me, you’ll be in love.

+ Sgt_0951 on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:09 pm said:

Sorry, Sony. You haven’t shown me enough to win me over with your handhelds. A Wi-Fi only model is useless to me and I’m not buying a 3G as long as AT&T remains the only option for a carrier. Guess I’ll stick with my PS3 and iPod Touch.

+ etur0 on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:11 pm said:

@lPHOENIXZEROl is right and that multipurpose connector is how you hooked the psp go to your tv I never did though really didn’t see any reason 2 and I’m mainly away from my tv when I play on my psp go when I’m at home I mainly play on my ps3

+ Reluctant-Hero on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

My launch day purchases are:

PS Vita Wi-Fi
Starter Pack
32 gb memory card
Wipeout 2048 (PSN)
Super Star Dust Delta (PSN)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Physical)
Lumines Electronic Symphony (PSN)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (PSN)

And I’ll pick up Gravity Rush, Ridge Racer, Motorstorm RC, Sound Shapes, Ruin and Dragon’s Crown whenever they’re released.

+ Heatseeker125 on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:17 pm said:

Some stores have raised the pre-order price of Uncharted: Golden Abyss from $39.99 to $49.99 (Amazon and Newegg). Best Buy and GameStop haven’t raised it though at the time I wrote this. Good thing I got my pre-order in early in case they decide to raise it too. But the pre-order prices for Hot Shots Golf, Ridge Racer, and many others were reduced from $39.99 to $29.99 on Amazon and Newegg.

+ Link01 on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

So, could you guys tell us the price of retail versus PSN download? I’m highly curious, and that 32gig card is tempting :3

+ adrijoel on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:31 pm said:

cuando sale aki en mexico ??

+ etur0 on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:43 pm said:

I’ll be getting
First Edition PS Vita Bundle
games all will be digital
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Ridge Racer
Dynasty Warriors Next
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Unit 13
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super StarDust Delta
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048
32 GB Memory Card
In-Ear Headset
Protective Film (2 pack)
Portable Charger
Car Adapter

plus Ruin, Resistance: Burning Skies, LittleBigPlanet and bunch of other games when they get release like killzone vita Bioshock vita and also might be getting some of the other games on that list just not to sure and obviously I wont be getting all of the games that I listed at launch

+ etur0 on December 22nd, 2011 at 4:45 pm said:

also will the digital versions of the games be cheaper then the physical version like it is in Japan

+ buddymanna on December 22nd, 2011 at 5:31 pm said:

The PSvita titles i’m looking forward to, at launch, are: Unit 13, Dynasty Warriors Next, Ninja Gaiden Plus, and UnchartedGolden Abyss. I’m also looking forward to Resistance Burning Skies, as well as a KILLZONE PSvita game (if they make one). But i don’t think eather of those are launch titles. God LOVES you everybody!!

+ Firelogic on December 22nd, 2011 at 5:54 pm said:

Day 1 purchase. Guaranteed.

+ TheGuardianFID on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:06 pm said:

Sold x almost everything on the list lol! 8)

+ Daush on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:15 pm said:

What about latin america release (Chile)? 22 feb as well?

Also, are sony holding an event for psvita release in NA?

+ tifosiotaku on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:21 pm said:

Let’s see, I have a Vita Wi-Fi only model and Wipeout on preorder. I just got a $100 Best Buy gift card, so I’ll cash it in on a 32GB memory card. Then I’ll add the full carry case and game card holder.

And at some point down the line, I’ll get Asphalt, a spare USB cable and the dock, and maybe a car charger and travel charger.

+ marionoaks on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

Will these be available on February 15th for those of us getting the bundle that comes a week early?

+ mystery75 on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

Any chance we can hear more about the AR mini games? Are they the games shown in the AR trailer from a few weeks back? I’m really intrigued and excited about that My Garden game that was shown. I hope there is some depth to it, along the lines of a tycoon game.

Also, and I know others have asked the same thing but it bears repeating, what is the status of being able to play PSOne and PS2 Classics on this thing? How about the arcade and Turbo Grafx games for that matter. I would like to think that they would all be playable.

+ saintaqua on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

Anymore news on FFX hd on Vita?

+ Hazelhurst on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:23 pm said:

I’ll be getting Escape Plan and Super Stardust day one.

+ marionoaks on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:24 pm said:

Actually disregard, I see it in the post

+ KingofDreams5150 on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:30 pm said:

Why is Ninja Gaiden Sigma + listed as a launch window title when Team Ninja’s website shows the game has a February 22, 2012 release date?

+ Cxplorer_Qc_Can on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:30 pm said:

I’ll just the 32 GB stick because I plan to buy all my games online!

+ Icestar10 on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:30 pm said:

I really want one, but I am thinking if I should get it in March or wait for a price drop. Sony, convince me to get it sooner! lol

+ gabrielh on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:37 pm said:

Long time Playstation fan here but I REALLY have some concerns about your memory card pricing/strategy.

My questions are:

– What class (a.k.a “transfer speed”) are your proprietary memory cards? (knowing that a 32GB MicroSD CLASS 10=10MB/s cards retail for $50)
-How are you going to inform the millions of “average joe” customers buying a PSVita that they wont even be able to BOOT UP games (Uncharted) and applications (Photo app) out of the box without spending extra for a memory card?

This is totally absurd!

Still buying one at day one but I’m baffled with Sony strategy.They really like to shoot themselves in the foot.

+ etur0 on December 22nd, 2011 at 6:43 pm said:

@buddymanna they have already announced there will be a killzone game on the vita and I believe they announced when they first announced the vita (well back then it was called NGP)

+ DaNTi3L on December 22nd, 2011 at 7:10 pm said:

day one purchase for me vita 3g+wifi with 32gb memory card along with uncharted golden abyss and wipeout 2048

+ soulreaver182 on December 22nd, 2011 at 7:18 pm said:

My question that I’ve asked repeatedly has still not been answered:

What is the subscription cost with AT&T for the 3g service? This is the only make or break deal for me for the 3g.

PLEASE Sony answer my question for once.

+ NeoMahi on December 22nd, 2011 at 7:29 pm said:

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? ESCAPE PLAN IS A DAY ONE LAUNCH! OH THANKYOU! I wanted Escape Plan, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Little Deviants and LittleBigPlanet day one. So, I’m a little dissapointed LittleBigPlanet didn’t make it but, I get Little Deviants bundled with my PS Vita so that’s awesome! AH!

The price for those memory sticks still feels like a stab in the back. What if your account is saved to one memory stick, and you want to upgrade to the 32GB? Then what? As well, ouch! I get a SD Micro 32GB for $1/GB. I’m still going to bark and complain at that. I guess I’m lucky to have a 4GB bundled but, how long is that going to last. My PSP has a 8GB and its nearly full. The Vita is looking to get way more attention than my PSP ever did.

+ KingofDreams5150 on December 22nd, 2011 at 7:46 pm said:

@NeoMahi Your account isn’t tied to one memory card. You can use your account on multiple memory cards.

+ o26amaya on December 22nd, 2011 at 8:00 pm said:

what about call of duty on the vita?

+ Apollo4x on December 22nd, 2011 at 8:15 pm said:

@soulreaver182

That is information you will not find out, unfortunately. I just logged onto my AT&T account and asked an online rep that question. All I got out of the conversation is yes that service will be rolled out in February (that we all already know), but at the point in time there is no information about what the fees will be when the service comes out. So the only thing we can do is wait until AT&T finally decides what it is going to do with the service, and then decide if we will take the service. Well back to waiting on AT&T’s end, at least Sony has let us know something a while before the release date.

+ Falaut on December 22nd, 2011 at 8:19 pm said:

I’m getting excited!!! On a serious note though, the price of the memory cards is a little high. 32gb should be at around 69.99 and the inclusion of some memory within the actual package would also be a good move. I hope that everything is sorted out with PS1 and PS2 classics purchased off of PSN by the time of NA release as that is a very important factor for me and this piece of hardware. Please get this to work, as its a very strong point of the device.

Really looking forward to Gravity Daze when it comes to the launch/launch window line up. My most anticipated game is Ruin though, and its sad to see it not even listed.

Cheers

+ zzamaro on December 22nd, 2011 at 8:25 pm said:

What about colours?

+ gabrielh on December 22nd, 2011 at 8:37 pm said:

@soulreaver182

AT&T’s data only/no contract plan (like the one they have for iPad) is $14.99 for 250mb or $25 for 2GB so I expect it to be the same for the Vita

+ Gitaroo on December 22nd, 2011 at 8:57 pm said:

Gravity Rush better get retail release!

+ etur0 on December 22nd, 2011 at 9:07 pm said:

@soulreaver182 on the psblog podcast they said they will release that info in the first couple of weeks of the new year

+ Hooligantuan on December 22nd, 2011 at 9:35 pm said:

I like how they’re selling a Starter Kit full of stuff they should already be providing for the unit.

+ slydaniels on December 22nd, 2011 at 11:38 pm said:

Escape Plan (PSN Only)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super StarDust Delta (PSN only)
UNCHARTED: Golden Abyss
wipEout 2048

So are there virtual copy’s as well, because I thought we had to just download every game from PSN?

+ luvtoseek on December 22nd, 2011 at 11:42 pm said:

The new memory format is researched by Sony to combat piracy- I’m certain the OS will only recognize this format to STOP bootloaders from running. I doubt Sony will allow other memory vendors the license to produce this new memory format. Now we’re paying for this research, it’s as simple as that. A pirated console will deter devs from making games/content & that means the system will be dead in a few years. Now who wants to purchase $250+ in hardware & not have any worthy software in it’s lifetime?

Be sensible. Don’t let a memory purchase keep you from such a great piece of tech. Buy the smaller capacities now & as the price drops, go for the 16/32 GB cards. As I posted earlier, here are some title sizes taken from the Jap. Psn Vita store:

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – 1350 MB
Blaz Blue – 3180 MB
Disgaea 3 – 1699 MB
Hot Shots Golf – 1100 MB
Ridge Racer – 561 MB
Lord of Apocalypse – 1427 MB

+ RealityisFake on December 23rd, 2011 at 12:12 am said:

I’m not happy that the Vita is using AT&T for its 3G service. Just yesterday, I was using an AT&T phone that had FULL BARS and was still unable to load a YouTube video. Not to mention it costs $25.00/month for 2GB of data, (and if you go over the 2GB, you have to pay $10.00 for another gig) which would go by fast if you’re using it to play games on the Vita!

$50 for a handheld game?! That’s asking way to much for a handheld game, even if it is Uncharted. The 3DS has games for >= $40…

+ Beatshapers on December 23rd, 2011 at 12:16 am said:

The listing is missed StarDrone Extreme as launch title http://vimeo.com/33723572

+ RealityisFake on December 23rd, 2011 at 12:23 am said:

The ps Vita is going to be amazing compared to the 3DS, but I think I will hold off on the Vita, I have an awesome PSP that I use to play Gameboy Advance, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64 games, Twisted Metal, and the GTA games.

Playing Zelda and and Mario games on a Sony PSP system?? Oh yeah, that rocks!!

+ TheCraZyCloWn on December 23rd, 2011 at 12:40 am said:

A word of advice: Just lower the memory card prices max 30$ for the 32gb

+ jkuc75sj on December 23rd, 2011 at 2:08 am said:

This is an exciting list of games! Too bad I don’t have much money and want to buy an Arcade stick :(

Here’s what I want to buy:
UMvC3, BBCSE, UC:GA, an 8gb Memory card.

+ SterkSiebel on December 23rd, 2011 at 4:23 am said:

Games i plan on getting at launch are

“Army Corps of Hell” and “Plants vs. Zombies”
Hopefully i will be getting “Silent Hill Book of Memories” and “Ridge Racer” as soon as they come out.

I had a question, i go to the hospital and waiste my time for about 4 hours when i get there.
What version PS Vita should i get Wifi or the one 3G enabled?
What are the benefits of having the 3G version, apart from a faster data transfer?

BTW, i live in Canada and the hospital has wireless network “hot spot”. (i think)

+ Apollo4x on December 23rd, 2011 at 4:58 am said:

I hate to sound harsh on this but all this complaining is getting old.

Why do you people think that just because you complain about the prices that they will lower them. As has been said already Sony is a FOR PROFIT company not a charity. They have to make back the r&d money plus make money off of this stuff. If you don’t like it then don’t get it or wait till the prices drop. After all you don’t have to buy any thing, I mean you won’t die without a new system. So come on people GROW UP!!!!!!!

Lastly, for those that keep calling the memory cards a “HIDDEN COST OF THE SYSTEM.” Again GROW UP. Sony has from the beginning said there was no Hard Drive in the system, and also that there was no storage of any kind in the system. They also made sure to let you know that you would need to get memory cards for the system. The only thing that they never told us (because it wasn’t set at the time) was the price of the cards. If the cards were truly a “HIDDEN COST” they would of NEVER let us know all of this and let us find out when we had bought the system. Besides that for some games you DON’T NEED the cards as some companies put storage space on the cards for saves.