Far Cry 4

Happy Holidays from Sucker Punch Productions

Collin Moore's Avatar + Posted by Collin Moore on Dec 26, 2011 // Communications Manager, Zombie Studios

We are continuing the takeover of the PlayStation Blog, this time with concept art from inFAMOUS: Festival of Blood and the Sucker Punch Holiday Card.

First up we have concept art from inFamous: Festival of Blood. Emilio Gandin, our Lead Environment Artist, wanted to point out some of these pieces of concept art. We wanted to add a new area to the title and explored the idea of doing catacombs below the Cathedral. The dark gothic, claustrophobic catacombs fit perfectly with the vampire lore. Once levels featuring catacombs were playable, we started to explore how Cole would navigate through them. We wanted a way for Cole to quickly move through the space and we came up with the backstory of the catacombs being used to smuggle arms thus giving us a reason to include the rails that Cole can grind on.

FoB_concept01FoB_concept03

FoB_concept04FoB_concept02

In the spirit of the season we also wanted to share our Holiday Cards. This year Senior Artist Edward Pun, Artist Mike Haney, and Lighting Artist Jason Connell teamed together to create this Santa inspired Cole, delivering gifts to the kids of New Marais.

holidaycard_front

From all of us here at Sucker Punch Productions, we hope you had a Happy Holidays and are looking forward to the New Year. We look forward to talking with you in 2012.

25 Comments

+ Elvick_ on December 26th, 2011 at 11:34 am said:

Happy Holidays to everyone at Sucker Punch :D

Thanks for inFamous 2 and Festival of Blood. They’re both awesome.

+ remanutd5 on December 26th, 2011 at 11:37 am said:

Happy Holidays to everyone at Sucker Punch!!!
inFAMOUS 2 is one of my three best games this year ( the other 2 are Motorstorm Apocalypse and Resistance 3 )
inFamous Festival of Blood is my favorite psn game this year and i love inFAMOUS 2 PS MOVE integration , cant wait to see you next new IP , yeap we know its coming !!!!

+ FonFahbre on December 26th, 2011 at 11:57 am said:

I just want to let you guys know that I had tons of fun playing all your Infamous games. Thank you for all your hard work!. : )

+ abbasman47 on December 26th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

inFAMOUS 2 is my fav game this year , thank you sucker punch !!! and happy Holidays to all of you!!

oh and , how about a LITTLE tease , for your next game ? :D

+ Dcrazy204 on December 26th, 2011 at 12:44 pm said:

happy holiday.thank for making infamous im enjoy beating part 1 and soon i going to get part 2.But i hope i would be able to get festival of blood for free from part of psn plus,next year :)

+ RE_Player on December 26th, 2011 at 1:46 pm said:

inFamous 2 is probably up there in my top 3 games of the year and Festival of Blood is by far the best downloadble game I played in 2011. The amount of content and the quality of that content, the story was really good, for $10 is unheard of when compared to what other franchises have put out. Oh I still use the sling bag I got from the Hero Edition to this day, I feel like Cole when I go to school :D Happy holidays and thanks for providing some of the best games on Playstation.

+ remanutd5 on December 26th, 2011 at 2:45 pm said:

how about bringing the franchise to playstation vita?

+ spectyre on December 26th, 2011 at 3:30 pm said:

remanutd5

“how about bringing the franchise to playstation vita?”

This x 1000
I’ve pre-ordered the first edition bundle and inFAMOUS is one of my favorite new IPs this gen. I would love to play it on my Vita.

+ spoonTRex on December 26th, 2011 at 4:26 pm said:

Grrr! I won’t stand for all of this “Political Correctness!” Why can’t you guys just say “Happy Boxing Day” because we all know what day today really is!

#InBeforeTheWhinersThatRuinedNaughtyDogsPost

+ GamerKid700 on December 26th, 2011 at 4:59 pm said:

Happy Holidays to all you too! Thanks for inFAMOUS 2 and the Sly 4 info! Enjoy yourselves, you deserve it!

+ Kasaix on December 26th, 2011 at 6:04 pm said:

Happy Holidays guys. You rock!

+ slydaniels on December 26th, 2011 at 7:52 pm said:

Same to you guys, thanks for making awesome games like Sly, Rocket and inFAMOUS. ;)

+ ultimate-remag on December 27th, 2011 at 12:14 am said:

same to u guys @ sucker punch!!!! please make an infamous 4 the ps vita!!!! my favorite open world game.. infamous 2 is my only platinum trophy…

+ KILLO31 on December 27th, 2011 at 4:35 am said:

Happy holidays ! gonna buy infamouse festival of blood soon very excited !

+ JonJonXD on December 27th, 2011 at 8:48 am said:

Happy Holidays to you guys too and thanks for making some of this console generation’s best games!

+ JijitaxiKing9 on December 27th, 2011 at 12:17 pm said:

Happy Holidays to Everyone at Sucker Punch and thank you for the Infamous and Sly Cooper both awesome games Love them!!!!!

+ ramankhutu on December 27th, 2011 at 1:53 pm said:

So you may be aware that Rocket: Robot on Wheels has not been available for 10 years despite being one of my favorite games of all time.

PLEASE FIX

+ bigz512 on December 27th, 2011 at 9:49 pm said:

inFAMOUS for PSVita…

I have $200 in my book-safe that is all yours if you announce this game.

+ johnnysart on December 27th, 2011 at 10:17 pm said:

Can I download Festival of Blood or do I have to be a psn plus member. I have no problem paying for the download.
Thanks in advanced and thank you for producing great games.

+ that-acmilan-guy on December 28th, 2011 at 4:29 am said:

I enjoyed The Festival of Blood much more than infamous 2. I was hoping it would last longer and I would rather paid 30$ more just for that. Just loved the supernatural theme, art, powers and a decent story :)

+ Insomnia999 on December 28th, 2011 at 9:20 am said:

Still have to pick up Infamous 2. Loved the first one!

+ magicfan345 on December 28th, 2011 at 12:23 pm said:

Infamous games are awesome!
Please bring us more Infamous games in 2012!

+ Slipknotdayof9 on December 28th, 2011 at 2:19 pm said:

MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY HOLIDAYS SUCKER PUNCH! I played Infamous 2 the week before Christmas and Its a MUST HAVE for any proud ps3 owner. Went ahead and got Sly 1 on Christmas to start getting ready for sly 4 as well. ;) And don’t lie to us, we both know there will be a third, but we’ll just see how it goes.

+ twistedfloyd on December 28th, 2011 at 3:18 pm said:

Happy Holidays at SP! I played all three Sly games this year and loved them! Sly 2 is I think my all time favorite platformer!

I also got inFamous 2 and while I didn’t like it as much as the first, it was a blast!

Great job and can’t wait to see what you guys bring us in the future!

+ xOraclez on January 6th, 2012 at 8:19 pm said:

Loooooooooooooove the games! One of my favorite ps3 games. But if infamous 3 is in a new city, I wish it was more urban like 1. I didn’t like how naked New Marais is compared to Empire City.