Driveclub

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 03, 2012 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone –
Happy New Year and welcome to the first PlayStation Store update for 2012! It’s going to be an exciting year with lots to look forward to on PlayStation Network, so with that said, let’s get to the good stuff.

With football action in full swing, now may be the perfect time to up the action with NFL Blitz; especially if your favorite team might not be looking so good to make it to the playoffs! Rewrite your season with the arcade-style gameplay that made the original a hit, packed with the immersive game modes of today. NFL Blitz is recharged and available now on PlayStation Network.

blogheader_tntracers_150_010312

New PSN Game release TNT Racers also races to the PlayStation Store today. Featuring lightning fast racing action, diverse multiplayer modes, cool tracks and snappy gadgets, TNT Racers may be just the kick you need to jump start your year.

As mentioned in the PlayStation Plus January Sneak Peek post, Plus subscribers are able to download the entire Back to the Future The Game – Full Series, free for the entire month! Additional free content this month includes PSN Game Sword and Soldiers, and PS one Classics Syphon Filter, Syphon Filter 2 and Syphon Filter 3; all available for subscribers with today’s update.

That said, have a full look at the list below and leave your comments below. You can also join in the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the PlayStation Store Update thread.

Here is the weekly PlayStation Store update:

PlayStation Plus

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

Free PSN Games: Back to the Future The Game – Full Series
Sword & Soldiers
Free PS one Classics: Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
Discounted PSN Games: Rocket Knight – 50% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $7.50)
Discounted PS3 Full Games: Darksiders – 20% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $15.99)
Full Game Trials: Darksiders

PSN Games

TNT Racers + Trial ($9.99)
ESRB rated E
File size 150 MB

NFL Blitz ($14.99)
The all-new NFL Blitz combines the arcade-style gameplay from the original with the deep, immersive game modes of today! Whether you’re battling your rival in a 7-on-7 grudge match or fighting your way through a season of the Blitz Gauntlet, Every Game Is a Two-Minute Drill!
ESRB rated E10+
File size 1.9 GB

PS3 Full Games

Darksiders ($19.99)
Darksiders is a third-person, single player action/adventure game inspired by the characters, themes and mythology of the apocalypse and the battle of Armageddon described by the Book of Revelation.
ESRB rated M
File size 10 GB

Game Demos (free)

TNT Racers
TNT Racers is a fun multiplayer racing game full of variety, combining fast as lightning race action with brand new features. The Shadow Race feature lets every player stay in the race even if a driver is clearly in an inferior position. But the best things are the wicked pick-ups which will ultimately decide about victory or defeat. TNT – Tracks N Tricks – cool tracks and snappy gadgets!
ESRB rated E
File size 150 MB

Learning With The Pooyoos – Episode 2 Demo
With the PooYoos, a merry band of adorable baby animals, children will have fun while learning the basics for his or her development: numbers, letters, space, colors and more.
ESRB rated E
File size 272 MB

Add-on Game Content

Resistance 3 The Legacy Grenade (free)
The No. 60 Air Fuel Grenade has been issued for combating Chimera in tight spaces commonly found in urban conflicts. The grenade will adhere to almost any surface, biological or otherwise, and deployed a cloud of flammable vapor. Once released, the cloud ignited, creating a massive explosion.” This fan favorite grenade makes a special return to the single-player campaign of Resistance 3
File size 103 KB

Resistance 3 SPRA Black Ops Skin (free)
The backbone of the US effort against the Chimera during the war, Black Ops troops were a common site at SRPA facilities and during special operations. Mostly killed and destroyed, this special multiplayer skin lets you return as one of the most mysterious soldiers from R:FOM and R2.
File size 103 KB

Resistance 3 Infected Nathan Hale Skin and Taunt (free)
Lt. Nathan Hale skipped his viral inhibitor treatments in the final hours of Resistance 2, in order to continue the fight against the Chimera. Play as him in his final hours with this special multiplayer skin, letting you bring Hale to the battlefields R3. Then, ridicule your enemies with a throat-slashing taunt!
File size 103 KB

Champion Jockey – Music Pack 4 ($1.49)
Fourth batch of BGM you can use during the race. Listen to four tracks from the Gallop Racer series with two brand new tracks for your racing enjoyment! Hand-picked by the Gallop Racer and G1 Jockey Sound Directors!
File size 27 MB

Apples to Apples A Bushel of Fun ($2.99)
Pick up this outrageous expansion pack for Apples to Apples the video game and choose from new animated Apple Avatars, like Robot, Alien, Fairy, Barbarian and Luchador. Sample the never-before-seen Zen, Undersea, and Jungle deck skins. Challenge your friends with powerful Golden Apple Cards, including Bad Apple and Apple Sauce, and make fresh comparisons with over 500 new red and green cards!
File size 100 KB

Rocksmith – Gold On The Ceiling By The Black Keys ($2.99)
File size 2.94 MB

Rocksmith – Just Got To Be By The Black Key ($2.99)
File size 2.21 MB

Rocksmith – Mind Eraser By The Black Keys ($2.99)
File size 2.40 MB

Rocksmith – The Black Keys Song Pack (Bundle) ($7.99)
File size 7.56 MB

Rock Band 3
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “2112: Discovery, Presentation” – Rush ($1.99)
  • “2112: Oracle: The Dream, Soliloquy, Grand Finale” – Rush ($1.99)
  • “2112: Overture, The Temples of Syrinx” – Rush ($1.99)
  • “Billionaire” – Travie McCoy ($1.99)
  • “Boy” – Ra Ra Riot ($1.99)
  • “Can You Tell” – Ra Ra Riot ($1.99)
  • “Dawn of Spring” – Christopher J ($0.99)
  • “Found Me the Bomb” – Buckmer & Garcia ($0.99)
  • “Frankenstein Teaser Trailer” – Richard Campbell ($0.99)
  • “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” – Panic at the Disco ($1.99)
  • “Panic” – Sublime With Rome ($1.99)
  • “Pressure” – Paramore ($1.99)
  • “Revenants” – The Cold Goodnight ($0.99)
  • “Riptide Resort” – Freen in Green ($0.99)
  • “Rush ‘2112″ – artist ($5.49)
  • “Stereo Hearts” – Gym Class Heroes (ft. Adam Levine) ($1.99)
  • “The End of Progress” – Mystakin ($0.99)
  • “The Thief in the Night – Part I” – Chaotrope ($0.99)
  • “The Way It Ends” – Prototype ($0.99)
  • “You Make Me Feel.” – Cobra Starship ($1.99)
  • Fueled By Ramen Pack 01 ($9.99) – Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game album: Fueled By Ramen Pack 01 . This pack includes “You Make Me Feel…”, “Stereo Hearts”, “I Write Sins Not Tragedies”, “Pressure”, “Panic”, and “Billionaire” by various artists.

File size: 8.7 – 33 MB (singles), 141 – 183 MB (track pack)

Avatars

Just Dance 3 – Baby One More Time ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Barbra Streisand ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Da Funk ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – I’m So Excited ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Kurio Ko Uddah Le Jana 2 ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Lollipop ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Master Blaster ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Party Rock Anthem ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Take On Me ($0.49)

Game Videos (free)

NBA 2K12 – Legends Showcase Launch Trailer

Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand Gameplay Premiere Trailer

EA SPORTS FIFA STREET Announcement Trailer

FIFA Street 4 Announce Trailer

Sonic CD Time Trailer

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II Announcement Trailer

Wwe ’12 Launch Trailer

Assassin’s Creed Embers Trailer

PS3 Themes

Metal Gear Solid 2 Art Theme ($1.99)

Metal Gear Solid 3 Art Theme ($1.99)

Mayan Temple Dynamic Theme ($1.99)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Bundle

Alien Havoc & Bubble Trubble Bundle ($3.99)

+ nwobhmrulz on January 3rd, 2012 at 2:54 pm said:

will we be seeing more ps2 classics soon and if so by any chance is any of the kingdom hearts games among them?

+ Swedish-Gangster on January 3rd, 2012 at 2:56 pm said:

@Morgan Haro yea i guess so, and the promised content is being met and then the released can kinda be seen as bonus. idk anyways just hoping to see the continuation of great new content in the future

+ Legendia667 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:00 pm said:

Another lame update. Not a single thing on there that I care about…. minus possibly Darksiders. Even then, why spend $20 & all of a week downloading it when I can just hop in the car & go to Gamestop to pick it up for the same price while being able to share the game with other people in my household? Makes no sense.

+ Cailind on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

Any word on when the Final Fantasy X HD version is coming???

+ BigGunZ071 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:06 pm said:

can u please for the ps2 classics add yhe getaway and the getaway 2 i loved those games and wish i could play them now also star wars battle front 2 would be amazing pleeeeease psn pretty pleeeease!!!!

+ us_greek on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:07 pm said:

Any chance of Legend of Dragoon, Brave Fencer Musashi, and most importantly, Suikoden II releases as PSOne Classics?????

+ BigPoppaChunk on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

wow tons of good stuff here !! do you have any knowledge of if magic the gathering 2012 will go on sale or if psn will ever get the yugioh 5-d’s card game for psn thanks.

+ vdark5 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

Hey is there any news on if and when sonic generations is coming on playstation store? also will the ps1 version of the armored core series? I know the asian store has all 3 games since 2009, I have been waiting to see it put up on our store as well. thank you for the games though!

+ BigPoppaChunk on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:11 pm said:

oh yeah!! will plant’s vs zombies be going on sale anytime soon.

+ V_Ben on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:12 pm said:

Ok… can I ask for a new rule? If your game is launching on PSN and XBLA, and you have to include a demo with the XBLA version because of the nature of that service, you have to do it for PSN. I’m sick of publishers skimping on demos because of what I can only assume is laziness. I like to try my digital games before I buy them, and NFL Blitz is no exception… Pretty please :)

+ Francision69 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:15 pm said:

I likey, likey!

+ Omegian-Ultima on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:19 pm said:

Yes ps2 classics should be a priority, like Final Fantasy 12. Even though im waiting forwardto the remake or sequel I would scream if it was on the Playstation store cmon guys!

+ snowman_perez on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:22 pm said:

any chance of getting the motorstorm arctic edge rally car add-on like the UK PSN store?

+ Akibara12 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:26 pm said:

I was kinda hoping for uncharted 1 and batman arkham asylum to be released as full downloadable games. *sigh* I guess not. *heads to gamestop* Yeah for Metal Gear Solid theme. Now if only you guys could convince kojima to release dynamic themes and MGS4 avis.

+ Baron_Von_Bonbon on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:32 pm said:

<- See Iceman? He's saying "Where is Legend of Dragoon!"

+ EvilKevyn on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:35 pm said:

Still unsure why I’m paying for the Plus when most of it is unwanted, pointless, downloads nobody will buy…

+ zech678 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

33 all ready out wwe12 legend pack

+ zech678 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

@ 66 how about you shut your cry up deal with it

+ Link01 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

* sigh *, no info on Vita game digital prices…

+ aro52 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

No Plus Discount on Blitz?! :sadface:

Probably wait for the inevitable sale, or free Plus copy . . .

+ siriusbee on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

Hey Morgan, what resolutions do the PS2 classics play at?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 3rd, 2012 at 10:06 pm said:

they can scale up to 720

+ zech678 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

14.99 for blitz great deal @ 70 shut up

+ aro52 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

@72

Yeah yeah. Don’t worry, I’m sure I’ll break down and buy it tonight! I just need to get my banter in :P

+ zech678 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

not allway get every thing free playstation plus deal with it @73

+ DMcgee627 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

How’s it going in the Sony Defense Force, zech678?

+ Donald6493 on January 3rd, 2012 at 3:56 pm said:

The Playstation Network sucks, there never going to recover from when they got hacked, i dont care if they shut down my account, they went down hill bad, sticking with PC and Xbox from now on

+ DMcgee627 on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

I’m still waiting for Dungeons and Dragons Daggerfall.
It was supposed to be released during the downtime

+ CmdrSinclair on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:08 pm said:

@76 Don’t like it? Then shut up and go, won’t be missed. Personally I think it’s some great stuff. I’m excited to get Back to the Future. Awesome. Plus, how much stuff can people expect January 3?

+ zordon137 on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:17 pm said:

I thought Crysis would get a discount aswell but it´s still 19,99 hmm…

+ zordon137 on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

Oh i just saw it says 1/10 i confused cause my calendar shows the day first

+ AwRy108 on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

Any chance we’ll see a discounted price on Stranger’s Wrath during the “12 for ’12” sale?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 3rd, 2012 at 10:07 pm said:

I don’t recall seeing it in the lineup.

+ Matrix_Lion on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:23 pm said:

NFL Blitz I’ve been waiting on you.

+ iTofuMan on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:25 pm said:

new year, same old stuff. yet again nothing for us psp users, aside from a crappy bundle. was really hoping this year would change but i guess its going to be the same with lackluster psp content. You cant even let us get ready for the vita when its gets here. you still neglect us psp user as always.

+ Psyschock on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

I can’t log in on my PS3!
I always get a DNS error but I can use the PS3 internet browser.
Is PSN down? community.us.playstation.com also appears to be down!

+ eggmiester28 on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:30 pm said:

better update then last 2 weeks were

+ VixDiesel on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:33 pm said:

SSX Tricky and SSX 3 please in the ps2 classics section if I can’t get an hd remake of em. :D

This blog needs more Todd Batty and SSX 2012.

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 3rd, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

Thanks for the suggestion! Make yourself heard on EA’s channels. They are the ones who have the power to schedule releases of their PS2 titles.

+ Digital-Big-Boss on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:34 pm said:

1st update of the year and no discounted games :(

Please get MGS VR Missions on PSN PSX classics. Tony Hawk Pro Skater on PSX classics would also be awesome.

+ Psyschock on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:35 pm said:

I can’t log in on my PS3!
I always get a DNS error but I can use the PS3 internet browser.
Is PSN down? community.us.playstation.com also appears to be down!

+ XFRod on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

Dood! Only six more of these updates before we start getting some PS Vita titles! What makes it worse? The fact that I’ve already imported a few titles that won’t ever get a US release so, I’ve got games but, no system to play them on, yet!

Mahjong Fight Club!!!!!!!! How you taunt me, just sitting there on the shelf in your sexy little blue box.

—–

Portland Mahjong Society – Pung’n n00bz since 1968

+ gilgamesh21 on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:41 pm said:

Nothing for me this update, but the 12 for 12 Sale on the 17th has me intrigued…very intrigued! Thanks for mentioning it Morgan. I’m looking forward to seeing which titles go on sale.

My golden happy best get list 2012:

The Last Guardian
Journey
Arkedo 1, 2, 3
Machinarium
Closure
Storm

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 3rd, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

Storm looks amazing

+ TazX14 on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:42 pm said:

Hi, I’ve had my PSVITA for a little over 2 weeks (an added bonus of working abroad), and I was wondering when the store will be open for it as I know a few games are releasing earlier and dlc (UMVC3) have already been released but is currently inaccessible. Could you get back to us Vita owners on that please! I’m dying to check it all out!

+ K3ViNPwNz- on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:58 pm said:

I would get ps plus if they got like a 40% discount on everything you buy on the store.

+ rockinjs864 on January 3rd, 2012 at 4:59 pm said:

@91 have to buy from the japan store you wont be able to use the US store for vita until it releases in the states

+ DrkrZen on January 3rd, 2012 at 5:06 pm said:

The update is still a little light, eh? Everyone still on vacation? =P

+ TERMINATOR543 on January 3rd, 2012 at 5:14 pm said:

So

Syphon Filter 1, 2, 3
Back to the Future-Full Series
Swords & Soldiers
FREE Resistance 3 DLC

And next week Crysis for $10.49, a great start to the new year!!

+ awssaber on January 3rd, 2012 at 5:18 pm said:

I love ps long live play

+ frogmanlego on January 3rd, 2012 at 5:18 pm said:

=D nice update , any word on einhander ?Japan has it in its PlayStation store and imo is the best side scrolling shooter the ps1 had to offer =/ the real copy is 60$ online used!!!! lol

+ Joshey_boo on January 3rd, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

Great update guys looking forward for more awesome updates in the FUTURE!!! LOL

+ rockinjs864 on January 3rd, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

Also forgot to say Thanks for BTTF Morgan and PS plus team I literally just went and bought it yesterday for $10 good thing I have a full backlog so I didnt open it yet already returned so that was a $10 save and all the free games I think Plus is starting off on the right foot this year just remember keep it fresh for the whole year remember how great you made this month and try to make it better the next dont go backwards to mediorce Plus updates the people with 2+ year subscriptions are counting on you to deliver in 2012

+ swisstylez on January 3rd, 2012 at 5:31 pm said: