PlayStation VR

Jan 03

Jan 03

PlayStation Store Update

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone –
Happy New Year and welcome to the first PlayStation Store update for 2012! It’s going to be an exciting year with lots to look forward to on PlayStation Network, so with that said, let’s get to the good stuff.

With football action in full swing, now may be the perfect time to up the action with NFL Blitz; especially if your favorite team might not be looking so good to make it to the playoffs! Rewrite your season with the arcade-style gameplay that made the original a hit, packed with the immersive game modes of today. NFL Blitz is recharged and available now on PlayStation Network.

blogheader_tntracers_150_010312

New PSN Game release TNT Racers also races to the PlayStation Store today. Featuring lightning fast racing action, diverse multiplayer modes, cool tracks and snappy gadgets, TNT Racers may be just the kick you need to jump start your year.

As mentioned in the PlayStation Plus January Sneak Peek post, Plus subscribers are able to download the entire Back to the Future The Game – Full Series, free for the entire month! Additional free content this month includes PSN Game Sword and Soldiers, and PS one Classics Syphon Filter, Syphon Filter 2 and Syphon Filter 3; all available for subscribers with today’s update.

That said, have a full look at the list below and leave your comments below. You can also join in the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the PlayStation Store Update thread.

Here is the weekly PlayStation Store update:

PlayStation Plus

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

Free PSN Games: Back to the Future The Game – Full Series
Sword & Soldiers
Free PS one Classics: Syphon Filter
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
Discounted PSN Games: Rocket Knight – 50% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $7.50)
Discounted PS3 Full Games: Darksiders – 20% off – 1/3 (PS+ Price $15.99)
Full Game Trials: Darksiders

PSN Games

TNT Racers + Trial ($9.99)
ESRB rated E
File size 150 MB

NFL Blitz ($14.99)
The all-new NFL Blitz combines the arcade-style gameplay from the original with the deep, immersive game modes of today! Whether you’re battling your rival in a 7-on-7 grudge match or fighting your way through a season of the Blitz Gauntlet, Every Game Is a Two-Minute Drill!
ESRB rated E10+
File size 1.9 GB

PS3 Full Games

Darksiders ($19.99)
Darksiders is a third-person, single player action/adventure game inspired by the characters, themes and mythology of the apocalypse and the battle of Armageddon described by the Book of Revelation.
ESRB rated M
File size 10 GB

Game Demos (free)

TNT Racers
TNT Racers is a fun multiplayer racing game full of variety, combining fast as lightning race action with brand new features. The Shadow Race feature lets every player stay in the race even if a driver is clearly in an inferior position. But the best things are the wicked pick-ups which will ultimately decide about victory or defeat. TNT – Tracks N Tricks – cool tracks and snappy gadgets!
ESRB rated E
File size 150 MB

Learning With The Pooyoos – Episode 2 Demo
With the PooYoos, a merry band of adorable baby animals, children will have fun while learning the basics for his or her development: numbers, letters, space, colors and more.
ESRB rated E
File size 272 MB

Add-on Game Content

Resistance 3 The Legacy Grenade (free)
The No. 60 Air Fuel Grenade has been issued for combating Chimera in tight spaces commonly found in urban conflicts. The grenade will adhere to almost any surface, biological or otherwise, and deployed a cloud of flammable vapor. Once released, the cloud ignited, creating a massive explosion.” This fan favorite grenade makes a special return to the single-player campaign of Resistance 3
File size 103 KB

Resistance 3 SPRA Black Ops Skin (free)
The backbone of the US effort against the Chimera during the war, Black Ops troops were a common site at SRPA facilities and during special operations. Mostly killed and destroyed, this special multiplayer skin lets you return as one of the most mysterious soldiers from R:FOM and R2.
File size 103 KB

Resistance 3 Infected Nathan Hale Skin and Taunt (free)
Lt. Nathan Hale skipped his viral inhibitor treatments in the final hours of Resistance 2, in order to continue the fight against the Chimera. Play as him in his final hours with this special multiplayer skin, letting you bring Hale to the battlefields R3. Then, ridicule your enemies with a throat-slashing taunt!
File size 103 KB

Champion Jockey – Music Pack 4 ($1.49)
Fourth batch of BGM you can use during the race. Listen to four tracks from the Gallop Racer series with two brand new tracks for your racing enjoyment! Hand-picked by the Gallop Racer and G1 Jockey Sound Directors!
File size 27 MB

Apples to Apples A Bushel of Fun ($2.99)
Pick up this outrageous expansion pack for Apples to Apples the video game and choose from new animated Apple Avatars, like Robot, Alien, Fairy, Barbarian and Luchador. Sample the never-before-seen Zen, Undersea, and Jungle deck skins. Challenge your friends with powerful Golden Apple Cards, including Bad Apple and Apple Sauce, and make fresh comparisons with over 500 new red and green cards!
File size 100 KB

Rocksmith – Gold On The Ceiling By The Black Keys ($2.99)
File size 2.94 MB

Rocksmith – Just Got To Be By The Black Key ($2.99)
File size 2.21 MB

Rocksmith – Mind Eraser By The Black Keys ($2.99)
File size 2.40 MB

Rocksmith – The Black Keys Song Pack (Bundle) ($7.99)
File size 7.56 MB

Rock Band 3
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

• “2112: Discovery, Presentation” – Rush ($1.99)
  • “2112: Oracle: The Dream, Soliloquy, Grand Finale” – Rush ($1.99)
  • “2112: Overture, The Temples of Syrinx” – Rush ($1.99)
  • “Billionaire” – Travie McCoy ($1.99)
  • “Boy” – Ra Ra Riot ($1.99)
  • “Can You Tell” – Ra Ra Riot ($1.99)
  • “Dawn of Spring” – Christopher J ($0.99)
  • “Found Me the Bomb” – Buckmer & Garcia ($0.99)
  • “Frankenstein Teaser Trailer” – Richard Campbell ($0.99)
  • “I Write Sins Not Tragedies” – Panic at the Disco ($1.99)
  • “Panic” – Sublime With Rome ($1.99)
  • “Pressure” – Paramore ($1.99)
  • “Revenants” – The Cold Goodnight ($0.99)
  • “Riptide Resort” – Freen in Green ($0.99)
  • “Rush ‘2112” – artist ($5.49)
  • “Stereo Hearts” – Gym Class Heroes (ft. Adam Levine) ($1.99)
  • “The End of Progress” – Mystakin ($0.99)
  • “The Thief in the Night – Part I” – Chaotrope ($0.99)
  • “The Way It Ends” – Prototype ($0.99)
  • “You Make Me Feel.” – Cobra Starship ($1.99)
  • Fueled By Ramen Pack 01 ($9.99) – Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game album: Fueled By Ramen Pack 01 . This pack includes “You Make Me Feel…”, “Stereo Hearts”, “I Write Sins Not Tragedies”, “Pressure”, “Panic”, and “Billionaire” by various artists.

File size: 8.7 – 33 MB (singles), 141 – 183 MB (track pack)

Avatars

Just Dance 3 – Baby One More Time ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Barbra Streisand ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Da Funk ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – I’m So Excited ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Kurio Ko Uddah Le Jana 2 ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Lollipop ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Master Blaster ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Party Rock Anthem ($0.49)

Just Dance 3 – Take On Me ($0.49)

Game Videos (free)

NBA 2K12 – Legends Showcase Launch Trailer

Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand Gameplay Premiere Trailer

EA SPORTS FIFA STREET Announcement Trailer

FIFA Street 4 Announce Trailer

Sonic CD Time Trailer

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II Announcement Trailer

Wwe ’12 Launch Trailer

Assassin’s Creed Embers Trailer

PS3 Themes

Metal Gear Solid 2 Art Theme ($1.99)

Metal Gear Solid 3 Art Theme ($1.99)

Mayan Temple Dynamic Theme ($1.99)

PlayStation Store for PSP

Bundle

Alien Havoc & Bubble Trubble Bundle ($3.99)

Add Your Own

eduardo_507 said:

January 3rd, 5:34 pm

Excelent!!!!

KingDude420 said:

January 3rd, 5:38 pm

COME ON!! I already bought Back to the Future! I think that if PS+ users have already bought a game that’s now free for them, they should get a credit in their wallet. Help make life fair Sony! lol

buzzman102 said:

January 3rd, 5:39 pm

-_- no saints row the third dlc :(

siriusbee said:

January 3rd, 5:40 pm

Wait, wait. How many *more* Syphon Philters are we talking about?

LeeBabins said:

January 3rd, 5:42 pm

Any chance we will get a bundle offer/deal for Pixel Junk Monster/Encore??

LeeBabins said:

January 3rd, 5:54 pm

??? Huh, any chances??

Syldan13 said:

January 3rd, 5:56 pm

Will Chrono Cross ever make it to the Australian PSN? It was announced some time ago and iv been impatiently waiting ever since.

LeeBabins said:

January 3rd, 5:59 pm

No reply love from Morgan, unfortunate.

alnora said:

January 3rd, 6:17 pm

Great! I’ll get BTTF immediately!

VashioKun said:

January 3rd, 7:01 pm

Great update too bad that I got those two games free from Steam last week..

station3fever said:

January 3rd, 7:21 pm

Syphon filter games, wow such great memories. Thanks Sony, it will be nice to replay these classics ;) oh and happy new year to all ;)

OCxViRuXz said:

January 3rd, 7:42 pm

As much as i would luv to play legend of dragoon I would really luv to see “TOMBA” n “TOMBA 2” get a ps one classic release xD

VTGREEN said:

January 3rd, 7:44 pm

Another week of recycled garbage. PSN updates are starting to resemble the Wii store, which makes me a sad panda.

Street_Killaz said:

January 3rd, 8:13 pm

wow thanks so much i was playing back to the future again!..Know i have them all for free!! Awsome..great time for a update lol

monyking said:

January 3rd, 8:28 pm

I have Guitar Hero and been playing it but, I have seen the Rock Band still being listed with new DLC. I can’t believe that this game is still bring out new stuff. sheesh.

FORMIK said:

January 3rd, 8:43 pm

Come on…Under Siege update and DLC!

comicfan007 said:

January 3rd, 8:47 pm

Gotta Get Back In Time !!!

timesplitter88 said:

January 3rd, 9:06 pm

Please please please Sony, release Tiny Tank on the PSN!!!!!! :)

Sofaires said:

January 3rd, 9:28 pm

omg thank you thank you, i was thinking in buying syphon filter and look what new year brought me, plus back to the future woot this is xmas all over in january for me heh

PlatinumAura said:

January 3rd, 9:34 pm

I think the ps3 full games are great Im glad you guys are doing more of these now I love buying games digitally I mean itd be great to see some more PS2 classics but the PS3 full games are great too you guys have a loyal customer in me for a loooong time In fact right now the only thing 360 has better than yo is its massive digital library

remanutd5 said:

January 3rd, 9:37 pm

how about bringing Heavenly Sword and Folklore to psn with trophies and ps move support ?

Jin_Kusanagi said:

January 3rd, 9:37 pm

Sonic 4 Episode II? About time…

remanutd5 said:

January 3rd, 9:37 pm

heck you guys could add move support and trophies to Lair too

that-acmilan-guy said:

January 3rd, 9:41 pm

Awesome stuff, because of the slow updates this Jan, it is a good time to stock up those full retail games on the PSN.

DarkOne_PR said:

January 3rd, 10:33 pm

SONY! HEAR THIS! This is a thing way different from this post but i need to get ur attention…

This is very important… I want the vita to succeed but u need to do something u know… in this article, Colin give a few hints that will help u live up the vita! but sony needs to do it! Want a hint from my part…

>>>Monster Hunter 4! EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE VITA! <<<<

Make that happen, Give 4gb memory sticks in each vita, and little deviants (a game that use all functionality of the vita) AND LOW THE PRICES OF UR GAMES!!!!! the prices should be from $15 to $40 at max!… not 50!!!

Make this happen and Vita will live and Surpass the 3DS! if not im afraid the vita has no future in a crowed market such at this….

I have my Vita reserved… with a 16 gb memory card and Uncharted… but now that i find out that U:GA its at 50$ im not buying it… sorry… its too expensive.

DarqueDragon said:

January 4th, 1:03 am

Pretty good update this week. Couple of free Resistance 3 dlc, couple good discounts, free Syphon Filter trilogy, and the full Back To The Future game for free! Been hoping for that one since they gave PS+ people the first episode. Haven’t had the money to get it, but now I get it free. Yay!

Also, gotta agree about wanting Legend of Dragoon. That was one of my favorite PSOne games and I would love to see it on PSN. Those lucky Japanese gamers have it already. What’s taking so long for us American gamers?

DarqueDragon said:

January 4th, 1:06 am

Also, there seems to be a glitch of some kind with Syphon Filter 1. I downloaded it and installed it, but the install bubble was still there. The game was ready and playable, but the install bubble wouldn’t go away. Had to delete the install bubble, but the game still works fine. Just a little bump in the road.

deadndirtydotcom said:

January 4th, 2:15 am

Great content!

ASRARFARID said:

January 4th, 2:46 am

Please hear the words of fans without them there is no PlayStation .PlayStation We need a FFVII Remake on The Vita To Succeed PS Vita Sales And Monster Hunter Vita .Elder Scrolls.Dark Souls.Battlefield 3.GTA .Dissidia.Xenogears Remake

OR YOU LOSE

lisatsunami said:

January 4th, 3:00 am

Happy New Year, all. I noticed that the ratio of Plus peeps seems to be going up, so that’s good for the PSN’s viability. Even many of the complainers are Plus’ers so It would seem your personal cost/benefit calculations tipped toward subscribing anyway.

Thanks for the generous offers for this month, Grace & Morgan. Alas, I do not need them as I am STILL living another life in Skyrim, near-continuously since 11/11/11, and on only one original character. About 300 hours in, yet less than halfway completed as of tonight.

I do love the growing selection of dynamic themes on the store. I buy a new one almost every week.

DarkOne_PR said:

January 4th, 4:40 am

why is my comment awaiting moderation? :( i didnt say anything bad

jcb_815 said:

January 4th, 5:55 am

remanutd5 said:

January 4th, 6:22 am

oh my god i have just finished Folklore , oh my god i didnt know what i was missing out , man this game is easily in my top 3 ps3 games of all time !!! , put it on psn with trophy and ps move support sony !!!! im about to play other people dungeons and then im gonna create mines , man this is a truly underrated gem , trophies and move support !!!!!!!!!!!

xPungentStenchx said:

January 4th, 7:53 am

DOWNLOADING!!!
PLEASE MW3, BATTLEFIELD 3 AND SKYRIM AVATARS!!!!

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

January 4th, 8:24 am

dont know why i am posting as they come up on th eblog three days later but the one ps2 classic that abut 90% of your customers want on psn in 720p is Socom Combined Assault. It was the best Socom ever, rivals the two for the ps3 in gameplay, teamwork and FUN! You should seriously consider it, just DONT MESS WITH THE GAMEPLAY. Please if you only do one thing for me this year that would be it, remember i helped you to track the psn attackers back in april so maybe you should help me get my classic socom on. also, since we are on the topic of ps2, you should make all ps2 disc playable on the ps3. you are already doing it through emulation with teh emotion engine so why noot let us, the customers, play our previously bought and loved games on OUR systems. Just a thought.

I do think i deserve a free vita tho…….

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

January 4th, 8:25 am

so Morgan did you replace Grace chen? did she get sick of the negative comments on here and quit or something? decent update.

agentbystry said:

January 4th, 8:31 am

Early update? This is definitely two days later than when I usually see it! Reading through all the comments, I saw at least THREE requesting Legend of Dragoon. I have been waiting for this game since I bought my PSP. Why is it not out yet???? Sony! I demand you tell us what is going on with this classic!

onslaughtree said:

January 4th, 9:44 am

I urge everyone. BUY DARKSIDERS. That game is a classic. Great level design, awesome boss battles, spot on controls and solid story. This game does take things from other games, but it does it just right. Sleeper hit for real.

Zacky-V-A7X said:

January 4th, 9:50 am

Where is the new episode of Qore?

Jak23ft said:

January 4th, 10:52 am

This was a GREAT update! But you know what would be REALLY awesome? Castle Crashers for free! Or even better, From Dust!

Gibbygasm7789 said:

January 4th, 11:46 am

I like everything on here in this update, but i would love to see some more Twisted Metal or Ratchet and Clank games in the Play Station 2 Classics. Those are the real classics that i miss playing as a kid, i would definetly buy them if they were available.

shadowph33r said:

January 4th, 1:16 pm

Any chance Resident Evil 4 will get another discount any time soon? I missed my opportunity before. :(

VideoGamer35 said:

January 4th, 1:22 pm

thanks again SONY!

xNukexGoxBoomx said:

January 4th, 2:40 pm

*sighs* Still no classic PS2 Dragon Ball Z titles? SMFH

DemoniOtaku said:

January 4th, 2:57 pm

European Store got KOF XIIi addons this Week… for when on US Store?

big_mike-316 said:

January 4th, 4:40 pm

when are they gonna make an update thatll let me listen to music when im killin guys on cod? ((:

AllkillingBR said:

January 4th, 5:29 pm

hello guys

i’m from Brazil and here the Store is too expensive and we have weak content yet.

But i’m here because i want one thing

Choose 1 of three games you may offer when you update the Store with a free games for Plus subscribers

in the last month i don’t have the Tomb Raider Underworld because i finish this game and the Platinum too

You can offer a 3 games

i’m choose one and others can disappear

this method was the same the Program Welcome Back……….

and all people makes happy!!

sorry for my poor English!!

Sk8terkid24 said:

January 4th, 6:44 pm

For Playstation 2 classics why not bring Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 to the Ps Store. As for avatars how Sonic the Hedgehog, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, and Anime.

dudeinmaine said:

January 5th, 6:07 am

LMAO @ Sony! I demand you tell us what is going on with this classic!

Some people have big b*lls LOL

I always LOL @ ‘demands’

Good update…I’ll be grabbing some content after I finish my coffee.

Nahela said:

January 5th, 6:11 am

The repeat offerings on PS1 classics is pretty disappointing as someone who’s been a PS+ member since day one. I hope this isn’t something we’ll see very often. It would be better to just offer long-running discounts on titles that have already come and gone.

The BTTF games were fantastic, I ended up purchasing them during a sale last year, so that’s a great offering for anybody that doesn’t have it yet.