UPDATE: Be sure to join us on our developer livechat on Jan 11th @ 2pm Pacific Time, where you can ask us anything. Chat directly with a few of us from the ModNation Racers: Road Trip production team and ask anything “Play,” “Create,” and/or “Share.” See you then!
ModNation Racers: Road Trip features a brand spankin’ new set of 25+ tracks in an all-new career mode. No resting on your laurels from ModNation Racers for PS3. This is a completely new experience with a new set of challenges to enjoy.
1. New Career Tours
The 25+ ALL NEW tracks in ModNation Racers: Road Trip are divided in five tours of five races each in an effort to claim victory in the Mod Championship! Initial tours introduce the basics of racing like drifting and boosting (see here), track layouts, the exciting new weapons (see here) and how to use (or avoid) props or attacks on tracks. The challenge increases through a combination of intensifying track layouts and strategic use of item and prop placements. For newcomers, the learning curve is simple and short. For the veterans, the progression will help introduce new elements that add a fun twist of strategy to your racing different than you’ve had before.
2. Career Mode: Progression
Progressing through the tours in ModNation Racers for the PS3 may have been a little daunting for some since moving on to more tracks required an advanced set of racing skills. Now players are still challenged to do their best, yet are rewarded with experience Tour Points which enable them more flexibility to progress. You’ll be able to retry races to acquire Tour Points to complete your career.
3. Career Mode: Bonus Tracks
In addition to the five new tours in the Mod Championship there is an additional Bonus Tour. The Bonus Tour is accessible by winning Tour Five and passing each of the Cumulative Stats requirements (see below).
Stats are tracked as you play through career and the are keys to success in ModNation Racers: Road Trip:
- Drift Distance: Total distance you have drifted while playing through the career tracks.
- Shortcut Uses: Shortcut paths, alternate routes or other breadcrumb paths you’ve found and used on the tracks.
- Target Time Differential: The cumulative time you’ve finished the career tracks faster than the target times.
- Weapons Expert: Total number of opponents you’ve attacked with weapons and the weapon attacks you’ve shielded.
- Item Use: Total number of weapon pods collected and boost pads used.
ModNation Racers Road Trip: Features Previews
Track Studio I – ModNation Racers: Road Trip Track Studio – Your Wish is Our Command!
Track Studio II – ModNation Racers: Road Trip Track Studio – Part Two
Mod Studio – ModNation Racers: Road Trip – Mod Studio Preview
Kart Studio – ModNation Racers: Road Trip – Kart Studio Preview
Racing – ModNation Racers: Road Trip – New Racing Features
Weapons – ModNation Racers: Road Trip – Recipe For Fun… Big, Bad, Weapons!
ModNation Racers For PS3
The Moddys 1.5: More of Our Favorites
Our fun (and mildly silly) way to recognize you, the ModNation community for all the effort, creativity and skill you have poured into this game.
The Mods 1.5
- “It’s Just Me, Myself and I” (Favorite Real Life Portrait Mods)
- “He’s Only Mostly Dead” (Favorite Zombie Mods)
- “Get Over Yourself Already” (Favorite Mods With A Big Head)
- “That Itch Will Go Away” (Favorite Sports Mods)
- “So Hip To Be Square” (Favorite Box Head Mods)
- “It Tastes Like, Well… Chicken” (Favorite Poultry Mods)
- “Mod Is My Middle Name” (Favorite Spy Mods)
- “You Take My Breath Away” (Mod Most In Need of Oxygen)
- “Think You’re Bright Don’t Ya’” (Favorite Neon Mods)
Click HERE to view the recipients.
The Karts 1.5
- “The ModNation Hat-Trick” (Favorite Zamboni Karts)
- “Dude, Where’s My Kart” (Favorite Far-Out Karts)
- “That’s Quite The Booty!” (Favorite Pirate Karts)
- “I’ll Take That Bet” (Favorite Casino Karts)
- “Accents, Flourishes, Fleur-de-lis, oh My!” (Favorite Ornate Karts)
- “Don’t Eat That. Eat This.” (Favorite Food Themed Karts)
- “Especially Love The Yellow Ones” (Favorite Submarine Karts)
- “Mix In A Breath Mint” (Favorite Dragon Karts)
- “I’m Giving It All She’s Got” (Favorite Upper-Atmosphere Karts)
Click HERE to view the recipients
ModNation Thursday Fun Races
Join ModNationSD for an evening of fun racing Thursdays from 4:30-5:30 PST. This is a great opportunity to meet some fun people in a casual racing environment. Bring your favorite Mods and Karts and strut your stuff out on the track. Check our ModNation Facebook page on the day of the races on how to join.
Mark’s Review: I haven’t seen this much devastation and destruction since the holidays with my in-laws! (TMI? Too soon?)
We are kicking off the new year with a few adjustments to the Hot Lap line ups. Starting THIS week our spotlight “Track of the Week” will be placed in a Saturday slot (instead of Monday) to bring more well deserved attention to the “best of the best”.
Monday: Checkerboard Of Realms by John31269
Tuesday: Bay side freeway by ylSK8TLZPqQ
Wednesday: FANTASTICA by RADBOYROB
Thursday: Another Earth by big-village_920_
Friday: Brick and Mortar by MagicalHamster
Saturday: UFO Site: Reclamation by its2l84that
Sunday: Umeth Fossil Park Tar Pit by IndustrialSavior