Days Gone

Jan 10

Jan 10

Join Us: Play PS Vita in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Miami, NYC Next Week

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Last month, we threw open the doors to a San Francisco location where gamers could just walk right in and go hands on with PlayStation Vita. The reaction was rapturous, but why should California get all the love? Frankly, I think the Golden State is starting to get a little spoiled.

Starting next week, Vita Hill Social Clubs are opening in five of America’s great cities, and we’ll be holding grand opening meetups in all of them:

Tuesday, January 17th

Chicago (click here to RSVP)
1444 N. Milwaukee Ave
Your host: Jeff Rubenstein from PlayStation.Blog

Miami (click here to RSVP)
749 Washington, Miami Beach
Your host: Rey Gutierrez from PlayStation.Blog

New York City (click here to RSVP)
154 Stanton St.
Your host: Sid Shuman from PlayStation.Blog

Wednesday, January 18th

Atlanta (click here to RSVP)
800 Peachtree St.
Your host: Rey Gutierrez from PlayStation.Blog

Boston (click here to RSVP)
579 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge
Your host: Sid Shuman from PlayStation.Blog

All meetups start at 5.30pm local time, ending at 8.30pm. Attendees will feast on free food and beverages, have unfettered access to a dozen PS Vita titles, and enter for chances to win PlayStation prizes. PlayStation.Blog’s design guru Rey Gutierrez even whipped up a special T-shirt for the occasion, which will go to the first 100 people to show up to each meetup. So, you know, don’t be late.

Vita Hill t-shirt (back)Vita Hill t-shirt (front)

These new Social Clubs are opening in addition to the existing location in San Francisco. We’ll also be opening Social Clubs in Austin, TX and the L.A. area soon. Click here for all locations, addresses, and hours of operation.

Be sure to RSVP to let us know you’re coming (ATL BOS CHI MIA NYC). Hope to see you next week!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Phaetill said:

January 10th, 8:56 pm

No Kansas City or St. Louis love aye?

Crotin said:

January 10th, 9:03 pm

No LA meeting :(

LeviYAYXD said:

January 10th, 9:59 pm

Hey Everyone im a girl and i play MW3 if anyone wants to add me you can , because anyone that i send a friend request and tell them im a girl they talk crap to me and delete me so yeah ONLINE ID: LeviYAYXD

BOSTONJOHN32 said:

January 11th, 4:50 am

Sid, how do i get an invite?lol.. or do i just show up?
i have checked out the boston show but i see that a bunch say they are going and about 30 have been invited..

so a bit confused.. and can i pay for an invite?
my main goal is to support sony and the vita, can also bump the number up so there are more gamers there then just tourists,lol.. because yes tourists tend to go in to the hynes or any covention center in hopes of free stuf etc..

and i had also seen that the overall number was just around 150 with invite and non invite.
well thats not boston gaming, i got about that number of gaming friends/associates in this area alone but have no idea about tis event..

the more the merrier or only by invite.. just a bit confused.

CommandingTiger said:

January 11th, 4:51 am

nice,
If you are to target canada, here’s the 4 main cities;
Toronto, Montreal, Quebec, Vancouver.

There’s also Calgary that is a big city that runs alot on tourist.

If you add Moncton NB, Winnipeg Manitoba and St-Johns NFL, you got yourselves a coverage from cost to cost.
Moncton covers the maritimes provinces including PEI where it’s connected to a huge fricking bridge.
NFL is too far away from the rest of Canada, so anyway, here’s your strategy.

BOSTONJOHN32 said:

January 11th, 4:54 am

again i can shed some light about the event from locals but is light what you want or more or less just a private showing type scenerio..

im guessing the first, because a conference room @ the taj would be more suited for private..
dont know who to ask..
but again not many know, that can be changed…

i will just keep checking in to fbook for updates etc

madmanmat said:

January 11th, 5:10 am

Is anybody else confused by the pronunciation of this system? If they’re saying it means “life”, from the Latin word “vita”, why isn’t it pronounced as it is in “vitamin” or “vital signs” or “revitalize”? I mean, nobody here remembers eating Flintstones VEETAmins, right?

Santos21 said:

January 11th, 6:20 am

just signed up for the miami event! Vita here i come!

jose213jose said:

January 11th, 7:02 am

how about Gibson City in IL, alot of people here would love chance to join in the club.

Asuka424 said:

January 11th, 7:19 am

Asuukaa from The Tester 3 here – I’ll definitely be at the Chicago club meeting. I can wait to meet everyone there! ^_^

TwinDad said:

January 11th, 7:55 am

Those are some great cities, but there is little love for those folks up in the Pacific Northwest.

And Don’t tell me to drive 16 hours to San Fransisco. :/

polo155 said:

January 11th, 8:47 am

I’ll be there!

polo155 said:

January 11th, 8:50 am

@Boston John, last time I just showed up… But you have to arrive early.

krae_man said:

January 11th, 8:56 am

Peachtree St in Atlanta? What’s the Canadian one going to be on Maple Syrup Dr? :p

GameDude79 said:

January 11th, 9:29 am

You guys should do one of these in Missouri. I live in Kansas City, but I’d drive to St. Louis if you decided to do one here.

xsonarisx said:

January 11th, 9:36 am

The t-shirt is sweet! Wish I could attend!

asawyer said:

January 11th, 9:50 am

Why do you guys skip Phoenix, AZ? I would love for you guys to stop by here.

gus_xl said:

January 11th, 10:47 am

Going to leave my RSVP for Boston here since I don’t have Facebook. See you all there.

La_maravich_22 said:

January 11th, 11:15 am

I love the PS Vita but Sony need a Call of Duty, Gran Turismo, Monster Hunter, God of War,Resident Evil and Gran Thef Auto to win the battle againts the 3ds . Also bring full supporr tho the Playstation Vita Apps.

radix023 said:

January 11th, 11:44 am

Can you show up without an RSVP? As two other players have already commented, it’s via Facebook and I don’t do Facebook.

And *all* streets in Atlanta are Peachtree street. It makes things simpler. ;)

falconsfan07 said:

January 11th, 12:33 pm

Will there be an age limit? My little bro would like to go with me but not sure if I can take him. He’s 15. Also, is it free?

Enigma777 said:

January 11th, 12:56 pm

Damn, I wish you picked Orlando or Jacksonville. That drive I could make but Miami/Atlanta are just too far for me. :(

whillum said:

January 11th, 6:35 pm

Vancouver plox

juggalorider said:

January 12th, 12:12 am

cool shirt, well if it wasn’t ugly blue, make any other color an ill buy, my fav is red, also i still don’t see any love for washington state, come on why not north town mail in spokane WA thats the only place that i could go since i live a hour north of there

mixedkidbx said:

January 12th, 6:56 am

You know its events like this that certain ppl should get valid entry to. Like those of us who way back in the day can remember recieving those GAP exclusive member benifits cards. I still have mine from back in 2002 when i got it lmao.

Ive been in the REWARDS program too. I just wish these programs ive helped SONY with allowed me special entry to events like these.

I live in NYC and could go to the one in the city but its being hosted in a very small space and you know ppl will start lining up for this thing early in the morning lol

RiceKrispieTreat said:

January 12th, 9:19 am

I’m guessing Los Angeles later… All these locations seems to be focused on the east coast.

idesmond97 said:

January 13th, 4:41 am

Is there any age limit?

superdarrin82 said:

January 13th, 5:22 am

Kind of bummed you’re not coming to MO… either St. Louis or Joplin would be great.

falconsfan07 said:

January 13th, 5:33 am

Found out on Facebook that there is no age limit and it is free.

Ghost-of-SpartaX said:

January 13th, 9:13 pm

How bout Austin,TX. PS.VITA meet up still has no date, what’s up with that!

leithal7 said:

January 15th, 7:09 am

I have a question, I know there is a “Media go” application to sync music, photos etc to PSPs, and im assuming the vita as well, but its a windows only application. So me having a mac, i cant sync music to my vita when i get it?

punguy said:

January 16th, 3:04 am

boston parking?

Zwiki said:

January 16th, 5:19 am

If you really want people to see the Vita, you should open up a play area in the King of Prussia Mall like Nintendo does. :)

Runner2324 said:

January 16th, 8:34 am

What’s the date for the Los Angeles location?

Cordy44 said:

January 17th, 8:08 am

Don’t have Facebook as well, but wanted to RSVP for the Atlanta meetup on Wednesday.

GibbShift said:

January 17th, 10:37 am

YES! ATL love is being shown! I’m almost certain I’m gonna get scheduled for work tomorrow (that’s how my luck rolls), but even a few fleeting moments with a PSVita would be worth it.

Scarface3010 said:

January 17th, 5:55 pm

Thanks for hosting a social club in Miami. I went tonight and got my T-shirt and was able to hold and play a PSVita. The display is so much larger than my PSP 3000 and Go and I am very impressed by the UI and the responsiveness of the the touch screen. Had an issue with Little Big Planet constantly crashing on me though but it may have to do with a firmware update for the device.

IanAugust said:

January 17th, 8:40 pm

Not sure how I missed this event in San Francisco. Is it still open to the public or are these one time events?

BOSTONJOHN32 said:

January 18th, 11:54 am

@ polo155 , thnx.. sorry it took a while to respond..

i guess people are already in there. im planning my sched for 530,lol..
well so much for the first 100 people..
just wanted to go and support it but it looks like they dont need my help,lol.. the passer by’s will fill the place up alone..

you still going?
boston?
actually cambridge

BOSTONJOHN32 said:

January 18th, 11:59 am

btw i tried 2 add you, but your list was full

Queenzlegendz91 said:

January 21st, 9:04 am

Hey Sid! It was nice seeing you and a bunch of other games here in NYC ( I was there on Tuesday the opening day ). I didn’t get a shirt ( ran out like right in front of me :( ) but its OK, was still very fun.

I have a question, any idea what h headphones were being used with the PS Vita units by the entrance with the single seat couch? It had that sound game or something. They were comfy and sounded good, so I may be interested in buying a pair.

Thanks!