GTAV PS4

PlayStation Network Launches New College Sports Applications

Brandon Stander's Avatar + Posted by Brandon Stander on Jan 10, 2012 // Director of Marketing, PlayStation Network

If you’re a fan of college sports like I am, you’ll be excited to hear that we are launching two college sports applications on PlayStation Network today to complement your sports entertainment experience.

Through the XOS College Sports and SEC Digital Network applications, PS3 users now have access to a customizable college sports platform to stream current and classic content on-demand, and make the PS3 the first and only gaming console to offer these applications. The new applications give fans multi-sport, multi-conference access to full games and historic documentaries along with the ability to play, pause and replay your favorite moments from some of the most watched games in history.

XOSSEC

Additional features of the XOS Digital college sports apps for the PS3 include:

• Pre-game analysis from the XOS Digital Studio during the week
  • Post-game highlights immediately after the game as well as a “Game of the Week” extended highlight
  • Full games are available to purchase and watch the next day
  • Classic games and documentaries dating back to the 1950’s
  • Free daily programming including “SEC Today,” “SEC In The Paint,” “Game Day Central,” and weekly coaches teleconferences

PlayStation Network users will be able to download the applications from the “Media & Apps” category in the PlayStation Store later today and launch it from the TV/Video Services icon of the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar).
Hope all you college sports fans enjoy the games and features delivered via PlayStation Network!

32 Comments   1 Reply

+ DaPinz on January 10th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

Thats pretty awesome.

+ Richlando on January 10th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

Not bad..wonder what the prices will be like? Time will tell I guess.

+ DaPinz on January 10th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

Tha why I love Sony, they think outside the box. Nobody seen this coming. And now Alot more college students will have ps3

+ mixedkidbx on January 10th, 2012 at 11:15 am said:

Somehow i see these being over priced like some of the others…..

Brandon Stander's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on January 10th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

Most of the programming is free to watch. It’s only special events that you can pay per view.

+ Matrix_Lion on January 10th, 2012 at 11:25 am said:

Since I attend the University of MIssissippi the SEC application is much appreciated. GO REBELS!

+ Shinmigami on January 10th, 2012 at 11:29 am said:

Yea, I am wondering about the price of each game. However I like the idea if it is free for each game like the 360 has ESPN. I was wondering if we were ever going to get ESPN or any other channels.

+ TucoMcFly on January 10th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Purchase games that happened the day before?! that makes sense. Social media,lame apps glad everyones hitting these phenomenon at the height of their trendiness. Why not install a better browser, have a firmware update actual DO something people care about.

Oh right sony dosent really listen to its customers. It just pumps out bandwagon gimmicks in technology now.

+ mb130 on January 10th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Xbox sadly still has them beat with the ESPN and live sports.

+ SCoopat on January 10th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

this is a start for sure….. but how about ESPN and HBO Go ???

+ Chase167 on January 10th, 2012 at 11:51 am said:

sweet ill check out.
F the 360 u have to pay $60 a year to check that crap out

+ playaplus on January 10th, 2012 at 11:59 am said:

loving the sport apps on ps3. now I want to make a suggestion…though I know wrestling isnt a “sport” but can you guys consider getting a tnaondemand app? You already get their weekly show as a download from spike tv on the video store

+ boxmyth on January 10th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

I was really hoping for a PS3 NBA League Pass app for this season…

+ DeadFable on January 10th, 2012 at 12:17 pm said:

Youtube App. please and thank you.

+ stmdpsn1 on January 10th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

At DeadFable

Youtube works in the browser native no need for an app.

+ Arayku on January 10th, 2012 at 12:36 pm said:

If you purchase a game, will you get to watch day of or after?

+ ModernYorkster on January 10th, 2012 at 12:40 pm said:

This seems like it might be pretty cool, ill have to try them out. I still think we need a Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube application.

+ HatmanTc on January 10th, 2012 at 12:46 pm said:

step in the right direction, its a huge same it’s SEC(barf), MAC and Big East only

+ Train1999 on January 10th, 2012 at 12:54 pm said:

Thank You Sony. I love the SEC. It’s great college sports beyond football. I already have MLB and NHL apps. I wonder if we will see more apps like NBA or WWE for that Matter. I’ll be keeping my eyes open. Again. Thanks Sony.

+ GameOverGreggy on January 10th, 2012 at 1:06 pm said:

M-I-Z!

+ Benmo316 on January 10th, 2012 at 1:11 pm said:

If I can watch March Madness on it I’m in. Otherwise I’m a Big Ten guy so i have no interest in the SEC channel. The free programming will be cool, I’m just curious how much and for what we have to pay for.

+ AldenG on January 10th, 2012 at 1:32 pm said:

The SEC, where kissing your sister is also considered scoring.

Seriously, did anyone watch that fiasco of a game last night?

+ BraidedWALLACE on January 10th, 2012 at 1:34 pm said:

DL already register and wont login via PS3

+ Burningfoot on January 10th, 2012 at 1:47 pm said:

As long as they dont EVER put commercials on the XMB like on the 360 now (which is funny cause they are paying to see advertisements), I will be a happy PS3 owner.

+ Tank_Baked on January 10th, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

Another app not available to us here in Canada . Thanks .

+ Tank_Baked on January 10th, 2012 at 2:45 pm said:

We like U.S. college football too .

+ KnickinIt on January 10th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

Still hoping for NBA League Pass on PS3…

+ DeadFable on January 10th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

At stmdpsn1

I would like to watch my videos at 1080 on a 50″ screen… not 480. The Youtube/tv site just sucks.

+ dragonx2k8 on January 10th, 2012 at 4:20 pm said:

So I can go back and watch all bamas 14 national championships :) Roll tide!

+ Sephir007 on January 11th, 2012 at 8:51 am said:

Please release a youtube app like this, that would rock, thank you!

+ OttawaSenators22 on January 11th, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

hi can anyone one tell me if this College Sports Applications coming for poeple in canada because i can’t find it on the store

+ pabowler300 on January 11th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

will there be live stream of games too. now that would be awesome and id be sold

+ pabowler300 on January 11th, 2012 at 10:47 am said: