GTAV PS4

PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Jan 18, 2012 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

PlayStation Network will be offline for routine scheduled maintenance on Thursday, January 19th from approximately 8am until 9pm PST.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

• PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP, and Media Go.
  • PlayStation Network Account Management.
  • PlayStation Network Account Registration.
  • PlayStation Home
  • Music Unlimited & Video Unlimited services

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from us.playstation.com.

Users who are already signed into their account on PlayStation Network before the start of the maintenance should be able to stay signed in to their online session, but will not be able to access any of the services listed above. Users who attempt to sign-in to their PlayStation Network account after the start of the maintenance may be presented with the site maintenance notification page if they haven’t signed in recently.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game Trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when maintenance has concluded. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

107 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ saab01 on January 18th, 2012 at 5:04 pm said:

Hopefully this is maintenance to increase the space for the cloud storage for us plus users.

+ swisstylez on January 18th, 2012 at 5:06 pm said:

thanks for keeping us posted

+ poodude on January 18th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up.

+ Supreme_Entity on January 18th, 2012 at 5:17 pm said:

I still don’t understand why Sony does this “routine maintenance” during the day, all day, like this when I think it’s best done during non-peak hours. That’s like the dumbest thing in the world. I wish someone would explain it to me… Maybe I’M the dumb one.

I don’t mean to come off as an ‘ass’, but most companies, websites, etc, do this during the middle of the night during off hours so to not affect the majority of its customers.

+ Mosterman2734 on January 18th, 2012 at 5:20 pm said:

I want to play it once tommarrow but cant till 2:30pm that sucks because i also like how playstation home was redesigened

+ gamefreak1198 on January 18th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

ok now i know to leave my ps3 on and signed in

+ warezIbanez on January 18th, 2012 at 5:27 pm said:

Pretty poor scheduling, if you ask me. Hell, I’d be up for working at night…

+ gamefreak1198 on January 18th, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

Oh and everyone just leave your ps3 on as long as your signed in you can still play games just can’t go into anything listed above

+ proud2be on January 18th, 2012 at 5:30 pm said:

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY SONY NEVER REALLY SAYS WHAT IT IS THAT THEY ARE LOOKING AT OR FIXING, whenever a maintenance happens. can someone from sony please hopefully say what it is???

+ Justp94 on January 18th, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

And… this is why people hate Sony, but the games and content available to us keeps us with the Brand… *sigh*.

+ Sheep-C-Explorer on January 18th, 2012 at 5:34 pm said:

Yeah this is really poor scheduling Sony. :/ Oh well, I have ME2 to keep me busy.

+ jose213jose on January 18th, 2012 at 5:35 pm said:

I hope their increase Cloud Storage to double that amount or make it possible to back-up online your whole PS3 data for when you need to change out your hard drive for more GB’s or even 1TB. For user who don’t own potable hard drive for back ups. IF PS+ has more awesome things to offer i am truly in for PS+, its sounds awesome but offers need better deals.

Maybe sony should add some new things to PS+ like; get 75% off all games and ect. Or try something like this; get one free theme’s or something. How about new PSN look & design that would beat everything else i said just now.

PS: Help protest against SOPA & PIPA by going to twitter and type #Stopbill or #StopSOPA&PIPA and state why you are protecting against.

+ OCxViRuXz on January 18th, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

@ # 4… Stop ur complaining… Its been like this everytime, and ur complaining about it NOW???

+ mikedo2007 on January 18th, 2012 at 5:45 pm said:

Well thanks for the notification, I’ll be doing other thing else.

+ mistasmooth25 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:00 pm said:

Why must everyone complain, it’s just a routine maintenance for one day.

+ eaglefan129 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:00 pm said:

I curious if this has anything to do with the vita’s launch

+ Cjx324 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:05 pm said:

I know this is a little off topic but I am confused:

The listing for Resistance: The burning skies, Is 2/22/2012 on Gamestop (which would work better for me)
The listing for the game on Walmart is 5/31/2012

Which day will it come out for real?

+ AWESOMEgamer875 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:12 pm said:

I dont complain when there is maintenance like this, this shows that Sony cares about the upkeep of their product. AAA service PlayStation people! Thank you!

+ paulcarrillo226 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

Whatever I play at night anyways

+ paulcarrillo226 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

but its a thursday It better play on a friday

+ Butters360 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:18 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up! I hope that the Cloud Storage will get updated to at least 300 pretty soon. 150MB really doesn’t last long as I thought it would.

+ WKQQRocker on January 18th, 2012 at 6:19 pm said:

@Patrick,

Got a question you and everyone else on the playstation staff.

Why is it you always leave out the hours for people who live in other time zones? You and everyone else who posts on here do it all the time. And, very annoying and a pain in the ass. When you have do your job and look it up. Not all your network users live in california or near it.

I, For one live in Kentucky. Which means I’m on EST. (Eastern Standard Time)

You really need to start posting the other time zones & not just the one you are in.

+ RXMaverick on January 18th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

Will this prevent access to Netflix through the PS3?

+ dlhdav7 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:26 pm said:

ok lets try this sheep- c ! what time do you want us to do our maint ? that way we can run our billion dollar company around you !! Because we now if your not happy we will go under !! stupid !!!

+ DarkAkatosh on January 18th, 2012 at 6:27 pm said:

Should have done this today in protest of SOPA/PIPA.

+ Coopertroopa on January 18th, 2012 at 6:33 pm said:

Why do routine maintenance on a Thursday when you already had part of the server down for Home on a Wednesday morning?!

Come on guys start using your brains and schedule these things a little better.. 1) not during afternoon hours and 2) on the same day you’re doing maintenance on everything else. It just makes sense.

+ Sheep-C-Explorer on January 18th, 2012 at 6:36 pm said:

@dihdav7 Wow, seriously? Way to be a jerk. And I wasn’t the only one who said the scheduling was bad so thanks for pointing me out. And you’re calling me stupid yet you have no idea who I am so thanks for being a bully on the internet, typical.

I’m happy sony is doing maintenance because it’s improving our game experience.
And like I said in my previous post I’ll be preoccupied by other games so step off jerk.

+ ReptileHand on January 18th, 2012 at 6:39 pm said:

Pretty sure you can go into Netflix if you keep pressing buttons to bypass the log-in. I think. I haven’t done that in awhile, I think since the last outage.

Ugh ok, so that’s 11 AM UNTIL 12 AM EST

Sweet. Glad it’s not on a Friday!

Wait what? 11 hours? It would be great if … you know… we actually knew why this maintenance is happening. Just saying “Oh were fixing some things” doesn’t really feel good to me unless I know what’s being fixed, maybe I have something to look forward too during the maintenance?

Whatever, I guess.

+ Ultranium on January 18th, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

I think SOPA and PIPA took down PSN. :(

It would’ve been better if they gave us an earlier notice such as yesterday. I don’t get why they have random maintenance, but they should definitely announce it a day or two before actually doing it. It really annoys me when I can’t get online to play a few games.

+ dlhdav7 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:42 pm said:

@ wkqqrocker !! r u that stupid? you need help with this ? you need to get off the ps3 and go to school !!!!!!!!

+ dlhdav7 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:46 pm said:

the thing is every one complains about stupid stuff !!come on we have one guy on here that tell time !!!!! wtf !!!

+ invision2212 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:47 pm said:

@30

he lives in Kentucky what did you expect.

+ dlhdav7 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:49 pm said:

@ sheep-c sorry!!!

+ guitarded77 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:52 pm said:

@ WKQQRocker

MORON!!!

Here, so you never have to comment again…

Pacific
Mountain + 1
Central + 2
Eastern + 3

So in conclusion if it’s 9pm in L.A., it would be ____ in N.Y.?

Anyway, any firmware update coming, or is this just maintenance.

+ dlhdav7 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:55 pm said:

@ 32 .. and he’s married to his mom !!

+ dlhdav7 on January 18th, 2012 at 6:59 pm said:

no one can be that stupid !!!!! lmao !!!!

+ lisatsunami on January 18th, 2012 at 7:00 pm said:

Another bash Patrick, bash Sony thread, eh?

Since I live in CA, this works just fine for me. Regular maintenance is essential for keeping anything–mechanical or organic–working well.

No big deal. I appreciate the notification, though.

+ TwinDad on January 18th, 2012 at 7:03 pm said:

@Supreme_Entity

I believe Sony knows when the majority of it’s customers are online. With 20+ Million PS3 systems sold in the US it’s difficult to find a time that works with everybody.

9pm works for me, it’s after the kids go to sleep and when I do most of my gaming.

@ WKQQRocker

It is not difficult to find a way to add 3 hours to the PST time. If you lived in Europe I could under stand. It would however be nice of them to do.

+ JEC94 on January 18th, 2012 at 7:08 pm said:

can you guys explain to me why every time I try to search google a messages appears saying ”there is not enough memory”? or something like that and the page turns blank

+ JEC94 on January 18th, 2012 at 7:10 pm said:

can you guys explain to me why every time I try to use Google search on the PS3 browser a messages appears saying ”there is not enough memory”? or something like that and the page turns blank.This is happening after the last PS3 4.00 firware update.*

+ TomHoang on January 18th, 2012 at 7:17 pm said:

@WKQQRocker

Just add 3 hours to the PST. You shouldn’t complain because the West Coast pretty much gets screwed all the time because most other places go by EST.

+ hdog1998 on January 18th, 2012 at 7:19 pm said:

uggh, guess i have to do BF3 single, player tomorrow :\

+ kairo617 on January 18th, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

I’ll be finishing up FFXIII anyway so I’ll be just fine. :)

+ sleepymcearly on January 18th, 2012 at 7:49 pm said:

. i just got a ps3 and they have maintance. what a let down…..so if your still sign into b4 8 do u still get to play online while they do whatever?

+ lisatsunami on January 18th, 2012 at 7:50 pm said:

I was going to blast the dude who couldn’t figure out time zones in my earlier post; I rewrote it over and over because it was kind of mean, so I went for blandness instead.

Thanks for picking up my slack, it needed to be said.

Oh, but not the thing about people from KY married to their moms, Pretty low, dude. Remember, the blog is not Black Ops online.

+ BlindMango on January 18th, 2012 at 8:01 pm said:

Doesn’t Sony support SONY and PIPA? Hmm, how sad, pirating is bad, but these bills are devastating…

+ BlindMango on January 18th, 2012 at 8:01 pm said:

Doesn’t Sony support SOPA and PIPA? Hmm, how sad, pirating is bad, but these bills are devastating…

+ krae_man on January 18th, 2012 at 8:15 pm said:

Please tell me you’er fixing the bug that causes your download history to appear in a different order every time you access it will be fixed.

Redownloading my 5 year purchase history after my launch PS3 YLOD’d has been way harder then it should be due to this and other problems caused by your lack of forward thinking 5 years ago.

+ dlhdav7 on January 18th, 2012 at 8:15 pm said:

im not saying every one from ky !! just the inbreed wkqqrocker !! his dad jacked off in a flower pot raised a blooming idiot !!!

+ Chaddy_Summy on January 18th, 2012 at 8:19 pm said:

@ supreme_entity; you’re not the only ones in the world you know, when it’s your daytime it’s night time elsewhere. sony being Jap, and having a lot more consoles in the rest of the world rather than in the US makes them favour scheduling times to suit themselves a priority. Also, i’m not sure, but isn’t the PSN managed in the UK?

just stop moaning and get a job. If you work nightshift then get a proper job.

PAGE 1 2 3