PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Jak and Daxter Collection Hits PS3 February 7th, 100+ Trophies to Collect

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Jan 24, 2012 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

The wait is almost over, Jak and Daxter fans! I’m happy to announce that Jak and Daxter Collection launches in North America on February 7th. In a few short weeks you’ll be able to score the first three installments of the Jak and Daxter trilogy in one complete PS3 Blu-ray package for just $39.99.

Each game has been fully remastered to feature 720p HD visuals and stereoscopic 3D functionality, and one of the coolest new additions to the titles in Jak and Daxter Collection is the introduction of Trophy support.

Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3

When the series debuted on PS2 over 10 years ago, we didn’t have Trophies. For our jump to PS3, Mass Media crafted custom Trophies for you to earn for all three titles in the collection. The team at Mass Media has created intricate Trophies, each featuring a unique variation on a design theme based around its mission type. There are over 100 to collect including three Platinum Trophies, so you completionists will have hours of Trophy-hunting fun to look forward to.

Jak and Daxter TrophyJak and Daxter TrophyJak and Daxter TrophyJak and Daxter Trophy

Here’s a sneak peek at some of the Trophies that will be up for grabs:

Pedal to the Metal Destroy Metal Kor at Nest Gold
Purple Pain Navigate the Purple Precursor Rings Bronze
The Super Orberator Collect 2000 Precursor Orbs Gold
Testosterone Pass the Tests of Manhood Silver
Just the Artifacts Ma’am Find 3 Artifacts in Mountain Temple Bronze
What’s That Smell? Escort Men Through Sewers Bronze
The Beast Beater Destroy Metal Head Beasts Bronze
Gate Crasher Masher Defend Spargus’ Front Gate Bronze

Be sure to track them all down when Jak and Daxter Collection launches on PS3 this February 7th. Happy hunting!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Heisem on January 24th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

i like when you can get the same trophy twice “Testosterone”

+ XxKyubi_kunxX on January 24th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

Can’t wait! :D

Though with the trophy sneak peeks, you put both ‘Testosterone’ and ‘Pedal to the Metal’ twice.

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on January 24th, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

Sorry that was a typo! We’re correcting it. You can only earn each trophy once :)

+ zzamaro on January 24th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

nice

+ ItsNymo on January 24th, 2012 at 9:40 am said:

Best HD collection yet! Cannot wait to play through the whole Jak series again!
But I’m curious: Any hope for Jak X HD coming to PS3?

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on January 24th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

No plans for it at the present. Enjoy this collection soon!

+ DaGimp13 on January 24th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

@2

beat me to it, noticed that myself. nothing like double Silvers & Golds lol

+ Cyris on January 24th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

Hey, Evan, any chance of Jak and Daxter or The Last of Us stuff for UC3 multiplayer?

I’d love to play as Joel, or put Jak’s goggles on my custom hero.

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on January 24th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

Very cool ideas. We’ll have to see what’s possible!

+ MarkakaJin on January 24th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

I would love to get this copy so much but not anytime soon. I’ve got other things that I’m aiming to get, preferably next month. :)

+ TUSTIN1 on January 24th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

Nice, can’t wait…

+ ItaChu on January 24th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

i wish 3D was actually good on all games :( i played uncharted 3 this last weekend and the 3D was terrible…. i couldnt get it to not have double images …. the only game ive played that has amazing 3D is Batman Arkham City

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on January 24th, 2012 at 9:48 am said:

What kind of 3D TV where you using?

+ kamisa29 on January 24th, 2012 at 9:44 am said:

looks nice, i hope in the future bring us more hd remastered games !!! may be onimusha collection!!!

+ Brookes321 on January 24th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS!!! Jak and Daxter<3, when does it come out in the UK though?

+ spoonTRex on January 24th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

Yeah, uh, thanks for the trophies and all, but I’m going to say that being remastered in 720p HD, stereoscopic 3D, and having all three games on one scratch-resiliant blu-ray disc are far cooler additions than trophies. Far. Cooler.

Day one buy!

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on January 24th, 2012 at 9:49 am said:

Awesome! It’s pretty amazing. I’ve played it in office here. Enjoy!

+ Xesth on January 24th, 2012 at 9:46 am said:

Hells yea cant wait 4 this i miss these games XD

+ BurntOrange32 on January 24th, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

I heard there might be a Vita version of this coming as well, any news on that?

+ spoonTRex on January 24th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

@ItaChu Shadow of the Colossus in 3D is amazing. Best use of 3D I’ve seen so far for a game. Arkham City and other games using the Unreal Engine have weird effects going on around the characters thanks to the shaders used that have turned me off from using 3D with them.

+ JTLB925 on January 24th, 2012 at 9:53 am said:

Will this be released on the PSN?

+ SHEPOWY on January 24th, 2012 at 9:54 am said:

Will the Jak and Daxter Collection be coming to Europe/UK? If so, can you say when?

+ Awesomness_Dude on January 24th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

I can’t wait to pick this up when it gets released! I think it may have to be After I pick up Twisted Metal though. So many releases in February, including the Vita! Is there any word at all about a Ratchet and Clank Collection!?

+ BRIT-KO on January 24th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

This is going to be good, day one purchase for me too!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on January 24th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

Can’t freaking wait! I’m as excited as I was for Uncharted 3! ND is the best!

+ allalright on January 24th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

Is it really fair to call this an HD collection, seeing as it’s obviously not running in 720p?

+ StargamerX on January 24th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

Might we get something for getting platinum in all 3 games? :D

+ BlackSpeed2x on January 24th, 2012 at 10:12 am said:

Where is Jack X : Combat Racing :(

+ ATES on January 24th, 2012 at 10:14 am said:

Cannot wait for this. Jak 3 was on of my favorite games on the ps2 i might go and replay it later today because i do not think i can wait for the collection to come out

+ remanutd5 on January 24th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

is Jack and Daxter coming to the playstation vita?

+ Zacky-V-A7X on January 24th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

Awesome Can’t Wait!!!!

+ Burdmayn on January 24th, 2012 at 10:22 am said:

Is there any chance or even rumor that this collection might make its way to the Vita? MGS HD Collection and other ports have me pretty darn hopeful. I might actually hold off on buying this game if that ends up being the case.

+ PosIOnPePe on January 24th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

i have waited for this since the ps3 came out and hope i dont get disappointed but i highly doubt there will be anything wrong wit this remake

+ the_1st_darkness on January 24th, 2012 at 10:25 am said:

For those of us with PS2 save data from those games; will we get to utilize any of it?

+ time17 on January 24th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

Are there. Any plans for a Ratchet and Clank collection any time soon

+ Light-Eco-Sage on January 24th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

I can’t wait!

Both to replay these amazing games and start earning trophies to prove how much I love these games!

+ Welmosca on January 24th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

Very very nice can’t wait to plat them all…also people stop asking for Ratchet Collection here…I mean,I want a Ratchet Collection too but this is the post of ND go ask in some post of Insomniac.

+ omegaman15 on January 24th, 2012 at 10:45 am said:

I never had the pleasure of a PS2 when I was a child, but I’ve heard so much about these games and to find out that the dynamic duo is coming to PS3, and soon? be still my beating heart

+ MajorBludd17 on January 24th, 2012 at 10:52 am said:

I’ve been playing my 360 alot more than my PS3 lately. This game will definitely be changing that!! Love me some Jak and Daxter!!! Please make a R&C HD collection!!!

+ dimy93 on January 24th, 2012 at 10:54 am said:

Hey is this coming to PSVita as gamespot claims ????

+ lisatsunami on January 24th, 2012 at 10:55 am said:

Itachu, it’s either your tv or your eyes. U3 & ICO looked fantastic in 3D on my Bravia HX 929.

+ steepo27 on January 24th, 2012 at 10:58 am said:

What size will this game be?

+ MalGanis-DL on January 24th, 2012 at 11:07 am said:

+ DrRockzo1987 on January 24th, 2012 at 11:18 am said:

I already have this pre-ordered and paid! The receipt is still in my wallet waiting for two more weeks to pass.

I know this is definitely too early but if this HD collection sells well enough, do you think there’s a chance for a Jak and Daxter Volume 2 HD collection? Ya know, similar to God of War Origins?

I ask because Sony still have three more Jak games for the PS2/PSP they could remaster for the PS3 (e.g. Jak X: Racing, Daxter, and Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier). The more Jak and Daxter, the better! :D

+ PSN_Tokeio on January 24th, 2012 at 11:19 am said:

Please, please, please bring this to Vita. OMG that would be so amazing. Also, R&C HD collection on PS3/Vita would be insta-buy as well!

+ ramankhutu on January 24th, 2012 at 11:26 am said:

Really hoping I’ll be able to buy just the first game on PSN. I’d probably spend $15 for Jak and Daxter and maybe $20 for the whole collection. Those other games were just not very good.

+ Cloud_X1 on January 24th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

Don’t know whether to buy this or PS Vita with Uncharted :(
PLEASE BRING BACK ELIMINATION ON UNCHARTED 3
Why would you take out elimination!?

+ jac_richardson on January 24th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

Resistance 3 has good 3D, the graphics are good, but they aren’t incredible and there is the occasional grainy looking object, but the 3D is stable, consistant and well implemented. Cutscenes 3D is very subtle, but the 3D is alot better than Killzone 3 or god of war origins.in very heated battle, the game occasionally freezes for a moment, but I don’t mind because it usually freezes in very cool looking 3D poses.

+ TheGuardianFID on January 24th, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

Love it, SOLD! 8)

+ Shin-Ra on January 24th, 2012 at 11:46 am said:

Is this going to be HD for release because SCEA PR’s “January” screenshot batch still suggests otherwise.

Sub-HD with no anti-aliasing, it’s SCE’s poorest “HD” remaster by far. Very disappointing.

+ TomHoang on January 24th, 2012 at 11:49 am said:

I can’t wait to pick this up, but the box art looks kinda dumb to me. It’s lame that the background art and Jak 3 are exactly the same. They should also switch the positions of Jak 1 and Jak 2, it’s strange seeing Jak 1 in the middle. I’m just nitpicking, but I can’t wait to play these games for the first time and get 3 more platinums =]

+ Shin-Ra on January 24th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

Adding to my previous comments, I bought the God of War Collection (I+II), Sly Collection and ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection all day one and intend to buy the God of War Origins Collection at some point.

I’ve skipped poorly remastered games like Resident Evil 4 + Code Veronica X and will skip this if it turns out to have the poor image quality portrayed in the trailer and screenshots to date.

+ Whitebeard1783 on January 24th, 2012 at 11:57 am said:

PERFECT.Now announce the Ratchet and Clank HD collection(all 4 games) and the Yakuza 1 and 2 HD collection please.

+ plaztiksyke on January 24th, 2012 at 12:08 pm said:

If this is another phone-in like the Sly Cooper collection, I’ll be skipping it. Most of us don’t care about 3D — we want 1080p native rendering, higher-resolution textures based on original art assets, and tweaked character models. While Ico & SoTC had a few much-needed model tweaks here and there, the massive amounts of repeated low-res textures were plain distracting on a big screen (50″ plasma). The same things that were tolerable even 10 years ago on 30″ SDTVs are simply unacceptable now.

@45, I’m with you buddy. We know it doesn’t take significantly more effort to do these better, but hopefully Naughty Dog had more say about quality-control. At the very least, let’s hope they don’t just repackage 11khz mono audio assets with crazy EQ settings.

+ SMJ_cuba_AMS on January 24th, 2012 at 12:20 pm said:

Why wont sony remake the Socom series too? the socom community has begged for socom remakes since socom: confrontation came out…

PAGE 1 2 3