LittleBigPlanet 3

Jak and Daxter Collection Hits PS3 February 7th, 100+ Trophies to Collect

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Jan 24, 2012 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

The wait is almost over, Jak and Daxter fans! I’m happy to announce that Jak and Daxter Collection launches in North America on February 7th. In a few short weeks you’ll be able to score the first three installments of the Jak and Daxter trilogy in one complete PS3 Blu-ray package for just $39.99.

Each game has been fully remastered to feature 720p HD visuals and stereoscopic 3D functionality, and one of the coolest new additions to the titles in Jak and Daxter Collection is the introduction of Trophy support.

Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3

When the series debuted on PS2 over 10 years ago, we didn’t have Trophies. For our jump to PS3, Mass Media crafted custom Trophies for you to earn for all three titles in the collection. The team at Mass Media has created intricate Trophies, each featuring a unique variation on a design theme based around its mission type. There are over 100 to collect including three Platinum Trophies, so you completionists will have hours of Trophy-hunting fun to look forward to.

Jak and Daxter TrophyJak and Daxter TrophyJak and Daxter TrophyJak and Daxter Trophy

Here’s a sneak peek at some of the Trophies that will be up for grabs:

Pedal to the Metal Destroy Metal Kor at Nest Gold
Purple Pain Navigate the Purple Precursor Rings Bronze
The Super Orberator Collect 2000 Precursor Orbs Gold
Testosterone Pass the Tests of Manhood Silver
Just the Artifacts Ma’am Find 3 Artifacts in Mountain Temple Bronze
What’s That Smell? Escort Men Through Sewers Bronze
The Beast Beater Destroy Metal Head Beasts Bronze
Gate Crasher Masher Defend Spargus’ Front Gate Bronze

Be sure to track them all down when Jak and Daxter Collection launches on PS3 this February 7th. Happy hunting!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ yourmom210 on January 25th, 2012 at 10:40 am said:

Any chance of the Jak games hitting the psn store?? And are their any plans for a Jak 4????

+ FragermanX on January 25th, 2012 at 6:59 pm said:

Oh my gosh! I’ve been looking for Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for five years since I idiotically traded it away, not realizing its full awesomeness. I later got Jak II and III, but now I can once again have the whole collection! With HD and trophy support, you guys really know how to please us! Thanks!

+ siegeh on January 25th, 2012 at 7:50 pm said:

OMG i can get ALL these trophies since i originaly had them and spent 200 hours or more for achieving 100% but im saving money for twisted metal, im sorry Eric Monacelli ;_______;

+ patch5797 on January 25th, 2012 at 8:00 pm said:

Do you think there will ever be a new jak game on PS3, because my friends and i loved these games on the PS2. If Ratchet and Clank goes why cant jak

+ jazzyrider on January 26th, 2012 at 6:42 am said:

Very nice. Can’t wait to play these again!

Will we see any Jak & Dax games for the PS Vita?

+ Nin10gamer on January 26th, 2012 at 9:29 am said:

I seriously can’t wait for this collection, Jak and Daxter were me and mah friends childhood!! :D its gunna bring back some really great memories ^-^

+ Tridrakious on January 26th, 2012 at 7:57 pm said:

So does this mean that Naughty Dog is bringing Jak and Daxter back for the launch of PS4?

Please tell me this franchise is coming back with new games. PLEASE!

+ iTzShendu on January 27th, 2012 at 8:25 am said:

Thanks!! I hope there is Jak IV after this. now you can’t say that you are busy with Uncharted. Please make Jak IV! Btw for Uncharted 3 DLC you can do Jak skin and do this quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24_XokgeBqo it will be awesome and realistic. think about it!!

+ jordan23457 on January 27th, 2012 at 10:09 am said:

This is the best HD colletion thanks sony cant wait to play.

+ RENOO-80 on January 27th, 2012 at 12:02 pm said:

I think each game has its own trophies.
Really exited to play them in HD
Does anyone know how much hard drive space is needed for the collection?

+ wyatt11295 on January 29th, 2012 at 2:22 pm said:

Is there one darn thing that this series [being bland] did not take from every other platforming genre game before it, I mean really MARIO,TAK,BANJO and KAZZOOIE1.2.3, to name only a few,played one of these classics, you’ve played this series, RANT OVER!

+ wyatt11295 on January 29th, 2012 at 2:25 pm said:

The SLY COLLECTION by opinion of alot of people, including me, no offense,is the best HD collection available on the ps3.

+ abdirizak007 on January 31st, 2012 at 5:44 am said:

can´t wait for the game i hope jak 5 is comming :) I from Denmark :D

+ Syceroe on February 2nd, 2012 at 5:22 am said:

Sweet, I’ve loved this series and still have them today and completely beat all 3 plus jak x. How are the controlls going to be like? the same?

+ metsfanenfield on February 3rd, 2012 at 7:01 pm said:

I am so glade one of my favorite and one of the best playstation games are coming back. i loved how they did it with sly, and now they are making a new sly cooper game. could they possibly do the same with jak if it does well?

+ Smashbrosforlife on February 5th, 2012 at 3:31 pm said:

I preorded this the day it was announced….. However Jak II is gonna be a pain in the ass to go through with.. Oh Well, ill be flooded with awesome memories.

+ jotimm4 on February 7th, 2012 at 11:53 am said:

Awesome!
Just too bad i have to wait untill the end of the month…

+ jotimm4 on February 7th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

BTW, could u make a new Red Dead Redemption, or some more expansions?
Its just an awesome game!

+ grimmjow46 on February 10th, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

Jak & Daxter is my favorite game series of all time! Its better than any other game series. It has a great story and it never gets boring no matter how many times the game is completed. Now that it has trophy support, It makes it even better. Thank you so much Sony! PS: Any info about a Jak X HD?

+ captain-fame on February 12th, 2012 at 7:58 am said:

Will I need a 3D T.V. to play them?

PAGE 1 2 3