PS4-The Order

Armored Core V Preps PS3 Community for Deep Multiplayer Action

+ Posted by "Filthie" Rich Bantegui on Jan 26, 2012 // NAMCO BANDAI Games Community Manager

FromSoftware, developer of last fall’s critically acclaimed Action-RPG Dark Souls, has been spreading bullets from mech-to-mech for nearly 15 years since the very first Armored Core premiered on the PSone back in 1997. So needless to say, when it comes to intense metal-shredding action and hardcore strategy, the team at FromSoftware knows what they’re doing… but will you?

Armored Core V hits consoles across North America on March 20th, and when it does, we at Namco Bandai Games want everyone up to be up to speed on all of the ins and outs on what it will take to survive while piloting the Armored Cores (or “ACs”) in the dusty, shrapnel-laden world full of limitless online gameplay possibilities.

I’ve been learning more and more from the team about Armored Core V over the last few months between bouts in Soulcalibur V , and the sheer level of detail and customization here has put my jaw on the floor. Make no mistake; Armored Core V is deep. Very deep. So deep, in fact, that the team has introduced an a new Operator Mode that will enable players to actually oversee multiplayer battles from overhead, calling the shots live amid battle as they watch the action and dictate their strategies on the fly to their teams.

Armored Core V for PS3

Armored Core V for PS3Armored Core V for PS3

There’s more. A lot more. So much more that we’ve made a video to help give you an idea of what’s on the surface and slightly just beneath, but there’s still more to come. Watch our first walkthrough video to get a glimpse of how you’ll be evolving your strategies on the fly, and stay tuned right here to the PlayStation.Blog as well as Facebook.com/armoredcore for more details as we boost our AC’s ever closer to March 20th.

+ madecrazy on January 26th, 2012 at 9:25 am said:

so will this have a demo because I’d really like to try it out. I’ve been waiting for a while for another good mech game (last one I played was mech warrior 2)

+ mad_munkie on January 26th, 2012 at 9:27 am said:

Holy crap!! That looks awesome. Haven’t played armored core since ps1. Really looking forward to this!

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on January 26th, 2012 at 11:11 am said:

Glad you are excited! We look forward to making more videos like this to keep everyone on their toes.

+ Destiny89 on January 26th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

Hey Namco, i know this is not related by i can’t wait for Tales of graces F :D

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on January 26th, 2012 at 11:12 am said:

Woot! Don’t forget to check out more of our Armored Core V stuff coming as well! Get the best out of both worlds.

+ JEC94 on January 26th, 2012 at 10:08 am said:

cool

+ GET2DAACHOPPAAAA on January 26th, 2012 at 10:26 am said:

This looks really good. Can’t wait to see more videos.

+ Hooligantuan on January 26th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

I have waited so long for this day.

+ Hooligantuan on January 26th, 2012 at 10:28 am said:

Does it support First Person and Third Person perspectives?

That was always a nice thing about the other games.

+ ACDarkKnight on January 26th, 2012 at 10:49 am said:

This video has me so excited. I’m a huge fan of the series and have bought every single one. The multiplayer looks awesome and I can’t wait for a true online mode. One quick question is; Will there be online lobbies or will we have to use the awkward system that was in 4 answers. It wasn’t terrible but online seems to be a huge component and I would like to see what you guys have done to improve our matchmaking capabilities. Love the franchise and a ton of different From games.

BTW My gamer tag isn’t for my love of Assassin’s Creed. My AC when I was a kid (Talking AC1 and Masters of the Arena) was named Dark Knight hence the name ACDarkKnight. Who wants to team up with a long time AC player when it comes out?

+ mcbuttz78 on January 26th, 2012 at 10:59 am said:

Is this in 3-d .. Also look slike you guys have been puttin real world. graphic and gameplay very fluid..

+ “Filthie” Rich Bantegui on January 26th, 2012 at 11:14 am said:

It’s definitely a new take on the series to help bring more life to the AC’s, the world and the action. We look forward to getting more people to enjoy the series and jump into the world of Armored Core V .

+ tacotaskforce on January 26th, 2012 at 11:10 am said:

@1: There’s a demo on the japanese PSN, but it’s single player only now. It would be nice to hear about a release date for an NA/EU demo as well as what weekend the MP for the demo would be active.

+ Disjecta on January 26th, 2012 at 11:30 am said:

When will From Software put up the PS1 AC games on the US store? Have they considered putting up some of the PS2 ones?

+ gus_xl on January 26th, 2012 at 11:33 am said:

I’ve really been into Armored Core since 4, and 4 Answer. I know I’m kind of late to the game, but now I’m a big fan. Really looking forward to this game.

+ Massive_13 on January 26th, 2012 at 12:09 pm said:

This game hit me over the head. Had no idea it was coming out. Is this a PSN game?

+ ERC1980 on January 26th, 2012 at 1:08 pm said:

haven’t played an armored core game in ages.

let’s see if this one will reinvigorate the franchise

@ Rich

an off topic question, but how exactly did u come up with the nickname “filthie”

no offense, but it makes me laugh every time

lol

+ J-tight on January 26th, 2012 at 1:25 pm said:

Hey Everybody This Is Ya Boi J-tight Please Subscribe To jtightbabytooth…And Also Please Go Type In The Youtube Search Bar For The Testers Season 3 Official Anthem, Thanks…. Please Leave Your Comments And Let Me Know What You Think….

+ Enigma777 on January 26th, 2012 at 1:41 pm said:

Hot damn, From Soft has been knocking it out of the park lately. They’re quickly cementing themselves as one of my favorite developers. Can’t wait for this!

+ bowman151 on January 26th, 2012 at 3:01 pm said:

The game looks awesome so far. I’ve tried the older PS2 games but didn’t do spectacular at them (user error mainly ;)).
Slightly off topic, but would you guys be willing to look into making a Gundam licensed game in a similar vein to this?

+ ReptileHand on January 26th, 2012 at 3:17 pm said:

WOAH! I’ve never actually played a mecha game before. But this game looks very interesting. I love it when there’s a good strategy multiplayer scenario going on. Someone tells you what to do, and you help the team out. Looks very cool.

@J-tight

pretty sure promoting yourself on this blog is kind of arrogant unless it’s an actual thread ABOUT the tester. Why do you do this on unrelated blog posts?
It’s like someone from a different clan coming into another clan’s thread and promoting themselves. Go post this on facebook or twitter or something. I’m sorry if I’m coming off as mean or anything but I just feel this is wrong, especially when the Tester Season 3 hasn’t even started yet.

Anyways, I’ll be sure to look into this game when it comes out. I will definitely give it a rent on my own (which means I won’t go by what the reviews say) and see if I like it =) Oh it comes out March 20th? I’ll mark that on my calander! Er well I don’t really have a calander…. so I’ll make a note :p

+ JKar275 on January 26th, 2012 at 3:23 pm said:

People who have played the demo on the Japanese PSN say that the graphics are lousy. They’re not sharp & detailed at all. On the bright side, the action is quite fast-paced & intense.

Will the poor graphics in the demo be present in the full game?

+ QuantumMercury on January 26th, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

I bought Demon’s Souls on release because I wanted to play an RPG and it turned into my favourite game. Ever since I’ve made it a mission to buy everything FROM SOFTWARE has put out. 3D Dot Game Heroes, Dark Souls since then and this will be no exception.

+ jimmyfoxhound on January 26th, 2012 at 4:01 pm said:

From Software? Say no more, I’m ALL IN baby!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait!!!

+ Mattsta001 on January 26th, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

When is Tales of Vesperia going to be localized for PS3?

+ EncryptedPrinter on January 26th, 2012 at 5:26 pm said:

There is/was a demo for AC5 on the Japanese PS Store. But I believe it got pulled a couple days ago. Its a pretty great demo.

If anyone has any questions I’ll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability.

+ Pacifist1208 on January 26th, 2012 at 6:57 pm said:

NICE. Can’t wait to get my hands on this one. *fingers crossed it does not suck*

+ DainBramage on January 26th, 2012 at 8:40 pm said:

I have always enjoyed AC games but have been disappointed at the controls, lack of cover, and balance of the weapons. I keep waiting for the AC game that will get these right. I hope this is the one.

+ heyugetoverhere on January 26th, 2012 at 10:41 pm said:

DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO.

Please make Armored Core V popular for a long time with a permanent single/multiplayer demo that unlocks thing in the full game.

SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO.SINGLE PLAYER /MULTIPLAYER DEMO. DEMOS FTW.

+ FearMonkey on January 26th, 2012 at 11:31 pm said:

Rich, are you ever going to tell us if Tales of Graces f is going to include the Japanese audio? I know you know that fans want to know about this and we haven’t heard anything about this game in about a year now. Please stop keeping us in suspense. The game comes out in two months for frells sake.

+ stalepie on January 27th, 2012 at 6:27 am said:

Looks great. The Japanese previews I saw months ago made this the first AC I’ve ever bought (pre-ordered). Always wanted to try this series. Love FromSoftware’s graphical style.

I ordered AC3 off Amazon for a couple of dollars & kind of wish I’d played one of the PS1 titles. They ought to be up on PSN.

+ GroovyJooky on January 27th, 2012 at 10:37 am said:

fjdjd

+ GroovyJooky on January 27th, 2012 at 10:38 am said:

vfghg

+ FearMonkey on January 27th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

To add to my previous post, we even know more about Armored Core V and that comes out a week AFTER Tales of Graces f. Do you not want people to know Tales of Graces f is coming out? I don’t understand.

+ OMEGA_MECH_3010 on January 27th, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

This helps me playing this by using leadership traits for my private school by being an operator of AC V, AWESOME! Can I get junk pieces from a destroyed mech or bosses if I win? Thanks for the video I am looking to play this! :)

+ TheNine-Ball on January 27th, 2012 at 6:38 pm said:

Hey Filthy. Will the frame rate issues be solved in the full game and that the demo build released on the Japanese PS Store and Japanese XBL Marketplace was a build from before the issue was solved. i was really disappointed with seeing that the PS3 version struggles to maintain 21fps and the 360 version struggles to maintain 24fps. It is very noticeable when playing the demo.

Everything else is fine though. the graphics are kind of average. The effects are a bit above average but the game play mechanics is where the game shines. I love how it is a lot more similar to the old school PS2 and PS1 games.

I really hope you will respond with some positive news since i have been a devoted fan since the beginning. Even though i was underwhelmed by AC4 and ACfA I still have supported the series.

+ SoldierDragon on January 27th, 2012 at 10:08 pm said:

This is looking awsome! I can’t wait to get this! I’m looking forward to a demo too and i have a slightly off subject question for the portable side of Armored Core: Will the already released psp games work with the vitas second joystick so we can play more like the console version? and are there any plans for a future Vita specific AC game!?

+ EJStrat on January 28th, 2012 at 6:38 am said:

“the goal in multiplayer is to go ahead and become the best.” lol. Someone go back through and count how many times he says “go ahead.”

I’m gonna go ahead and pass on this one.

+ Pangolin414 on January 28th, 2012 at 11:03 am said:

The fact that the video has poor narration has no impact on the actual game at all. That’s a ridiculous reason not to get a game. Armored Core 4 was one of the deepest games I’ve ever played. This one is easily my most wanted game after Bioshock:Infinite.

I second the request for a vita AC game.