PS4-The Order

Pac-Man and Mega Man Join Street Fighter X Tekken’s PlayStation Exclusives

Grant Luke's Avatar + Posted by Grant Luke on Jan 26, 2012 // Group Brand Manager, Capcom

Street Fighter X Tekken‘s roster is already bursting with fan favorites from both sides, and today we can add two more iconic characters to the list – and in this case, they’re exclusive to PS3 and PS Vita players…

Two iconic mascots, Pac-Man and Mega Man, join the fray with existing PlayStation exclusives Cole, Kuro and Toro. However, both mascots arrive in altered forms to create battles unique to Street Fighter X Tekken; Pac-Man rides Tekken’s Mokujin, while Mega Man references the “classic” bad box art from the original US Mega Man.

Street Fighter X Tekken for the PS3 launches March 6, with the PS Vita to follow!

83 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ ShadowOfEden on January 26th, 2012 at 5:38 pm said:

lol, the original Megaman! I was not expecting that! I remember him on the old cartridge when he actually had a gun and not a gun-arm.

+ afrsoul on January 26th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

first.. this is will be a total button smasher… will it be available in 3d… just asking

+ afrsoul on January 26th, 2012 at 5:39 pm said:

noooo

+ mountain_duwe on January 26th, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

Capcom are the biggest trolls ever. This is hilarious.

+ SoYoung on January 26th, 2012 at 5:40 pm said:

Same here, It is a surprise to see pac-man as well. I’m curious to see it in action. My copy is already pre-ordered for several months now since I’m a big Tekken and Street Fighter fan.

sa

+ Mobstylez on January 26th, 2012 at 5:44 pm said:

Are Cole, Kuro and Toro on the PS3 or just Vita?

+ Zezzler on January 26th, 2012 at 5:46 pm said:

More PS Exclusives for the BEST Fighting game of the year!?
EFF YES!
This is awesome, no matter how goofy and nutty it is. Great Job Capcom!

+ fijski8 on January 26th, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

Awesome! Was already buying the game. this deal just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter!

Now please, put the SSFIV DLC on sale in non-bundles. I can’t access the First SF Costume pack due to buying a piece of the bundle. Thanks!

+ westr432s on January 26th, 2012 at 5:47 pm said:

Capcom sure knows how to troll people.

+ PSN_Tokeio on January 26th, 2012 at 5:54 pm said:

Can we get a release date for Vita? If there is one game I want on Vita over anything else shown so far, this is it!

+ Gaucho21 on January 26th, 2012 at 5:58 pm said:

HAHA! Well done, Capcom, well done!

+ TorgoTime on January 26th, 2012 at 6:08 pm said:

As a troll myself I look up to you Capcom. I could never top this

+ AgentX on January 26th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

An already awesome looking game is made even more awesome with the inclusion of these characters.

+ geist226 on January 26th, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

Capcom really hates Mega Man now, don’t they?

+ ReDai316 on January 26th, 2012 at 6:22 pm said:

I never thought these would be PS3 exclusive too. That’s amazing! 5 exclusive characters!? Sony is on a roll when it comes to fighting games. I hope Sony can make a deal with Team Ninja to include Nathan Drake in Dead or Alive 5 or something now.

+ God-Of-Lyf on January 26th, 2012 at 6:36 pm said:

For an extra co$t though right? So tired of being milked for extra money after paying full retail price.

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on January 26th, 2012 at 6:36 pm said:

I’d love to know when the Vita version drops… can’t decide which console to pick this up on…

+ Ouren on January 26th, 2012 at 6:38 pm said:

Incredible.

+ hypersk_us on January 26th, 2012 at 6:45 pm said:

What did they do to you, MegaMan? What did they just do..? :’(

+ Sevyne on January 26th, 2012 at 7:03 pm said:

Alright Capcom; Now that is some mega trolling!

+ SmokeAdellic on January 26th, 2012 at 7:32 pm said:

3D or no deal…

+ BossmanCCrowder1 on January 26th, 2012 at 7:40 pm said:

This… is awesome!

+ ride296 on January 26th, 2012 at 7:47 pm said:

still waiting 4 bruce, lee, and lars but this is fken awesome!

+ Berae on January 26th, 2012 at 7:49 pm said:

that is…. weird.

+ Newcloud on January 26th, 2012 at 7:55 pm said:

lol way a these characters in a Street Fighter X Tekken game

There not in Street Fighter or Tekken

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on January 26th, 2012 at 7:56 pm said:

megaman is more like a cyborg. that guy they call megaman there looks like what a realife version of him would be in a stupid movie.

+ darknight47ish on January 26th, 2012 at 8:46 pm said:

I cant wait to play as the old nes cover art mega man :) Capcom keep the suprises coming :)

+ sbattu on January 26th, 2012 at 9:15 pm said:

test

+ Hooligantuan on January 26th, 2012 at 9:35 pm said:

Bravo, Capcom.

Excellent troll.

+ Rinaldus91 on January 26th, 2012 at 9:57 pm said:

And on his 25th birthday, Capcom.
Have you no shame? My boycott of your products continues.

+ zzamaro on January 26th, 2012 at 10:09 pm said:

lol

you know, you should release mm legends 1 and 2 on PSN, wheter you charge 6 or 10 for each one. you can have my 12/20 dollars for both games once they are on PSN.

+ D-Squad3 on January 26th, 2012 at 10:15 pm said:

Hope these all stay exclusive forever which I doubt.

+ harmony102 on January 26th, 2012 at 10:29 pm said:

wow, those are really stupid~

+ harmony102 on January 26th, 2012 at 10:30 pm said:

Cole is cool though~
Obviously!

+ sbattu on January 26th, 2012 at 10:45 pm said:

Qa

+ Teflon02 on January 26th, 2012 at 11:41 pm said:

I just want to ask 2 questions for the PS Vita version:
1. Will it require a memory card
2. When will it release because that’s the version I prefer
(Please answer)

+ PWorld_ on January 26th, 2012 at 11:54 pm said:

Going to be epic

+ Kchow23 on January 27th, 2012 at 1:37 am said:

Ugh… worst Megaman ever! and why include those two cats when we could’ve had Kevin Butler!? Though I like the Pac-man addition.

+ QuantumMercury on January 27th, 2012 at 2:11 am said:

This is just getting insane lol, They should just call it Capcom vs Namco.

+ ItaChu on January 27th, 2012 at 2:37 am said:

i hope it comes out for the vita soon….

+ JoJoStarFire on January 27th, 2012 at 4:55 am said:

Pacman? Really? This I have go to see…. I could imagine his moves would be throwing a powerball in the air eating it, then dizzing the opponent.

+ VietKnight on January 27th, 2012 at 5:17 am said:

Kuro and Toro are Japan PSN mascot so they are not going on any console other than Sony.
Megaman is the original Megaman from the NES (look it up and you will see before you say they mess him up)
Pac-man reminds me of Tron-bone.

I knew I want this now my pocket change is going to be completely depleted now in March.

+ MarinoBrea on January 27th, 2012 at 5:36 am said:

Suddenly Capcom feels Japanese again. Hopefully they keep supporting their Japanese brothers.

+ Shrewder on January 27th, 2012 at 5:48 am said:

I really appreciate these new and quirky additions. My compliments to the development team. Bravo! Bravo! I’m looking forward to purchasing the Vita version when it is released.

+ Joe-TFW on January 27th, 2012 at 6:23 am said:

The fat Mega Man is hilarious. This was bought the moment Cole was announced, but this is all an added bonus.

+ lbpmagician on January 27th, 2012 at 6:24 am said:

WHY THAT MEGA MAN?!!?! Seriously, is Capcom just looking for new ways to piss off his fans? I wasn’t sure about buying this game on Day 1, then I read Mega Man and thought “instant buy”, but after reading further and watching that video, I decided I’m not getting it until it’s inevitable revision.Thanks a lot, Capcom.

+ Dracorius on January 27th, 2012 at 6:39 am said:

Sigh…..March can’t come fast enough. Capcom/Namco you tease, delighting us with a retro Mega Man, an epic Pac-Man, and two of the cutest kitties. Cole alone sealed the deal. Now I this just wants me to camp outside the store. What other delightful characters are you hiding?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on January 27th, 2012 at 6:51 am said:

this game is going to be AMAZING!..I know alot of you super MEGA MAN FANS out there are very disappointed in CAPCOM but you should know by now that they have a HUGE SENSE OF HUMOR..big enough to put the old ugly fat beer belly MEGA MAN and PAC MAN..lol which i thought was hilarious..but the funniest part of all this fantastic news is that its all EXCLUSIVE to the PS3..(ps3 fanboy laugh) ..now i would like to hear some news about how we can get a discount on a psvita version when we purchase the ps3 copy..please and thank you!

+ MarinoBrea on January 27th, 2012 at 6:52 am said:

That Mega Man character never existed outside artwork for the first game. It’s like they created a whole new character, but it’s hard to call it a “tribute” to Mega Man. It’s more like a new Dan, actually.

+ exGore on January 27th, 2012 at 7:05 am said:

Now that someone mentioned Kevin Butler. I think they should include KEVIN BUTLER in the game, that would make it EPIC. :D An probably give the COMMUNITY for a chance to create or suggest SPECIAL MOVES for that character. :3

PAGE 1 2