Uncharted 4

PlayStation Plus February Preview: Free The Simpsons Arcade Game, Far Cry 2, Final Fantasy V and More

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Jan 31, 2012 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

February is nearly here, so it’s time to have a look at what’s coming to PlayStation Plus.

To start, we’re excited to bring new release The Simpsons Arcade Game as a free offering for PlayStation Plus subscribers! Releasing on February 7th, subscribers will be able to relive this classic title remastered in HD, complete with the online four-player cooperative play it’s famous for. To celebrate Valentine’s Day, Plus subscribers will have access to download a bonus PS3 full game – Far Cry 2.

PlayStation Plus

You’re also going to want to check out the other free games coming throughout the month, including Square Enix’s PS one classic Final Fantasy V, two PlayStation minis, six additional PSN games, and the SEGA Genesis Bundle – timed with SEGA’s two-week release and sale on the Store put back in Plus just in case anyone missed them.

In the discount department, PlayStation Plus subscribers will want to keep their eyes out for great sales on games like new release The House of the Dead III (30% Off) Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (Bundle) (20% off), and Hamilton’s Great Adventure (50% off PSN sale price). There’s plenty more we couldn’t squeeze into this post, so keep your eye on the Store Update PlayStation.Blog posts in February to keep up with Plus updates as they come.

Finally, next Tuesday we’ll release an early-access demo of The House of the Dead III exclusively for PlayStation Plus. Here’s a trailer of this PSN exclusive arcade shooter with HD graphics, Trophies and full PlayStation Move support.

Some content and/or release dates outlined may change including the addition or removal of content. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, or continue the discussion on the PlayStation Community forums in the Official PlayStation Plus Update thread.

PlayStation Plus

Don’t have PlayStation Plus? Click here to purchase your subscription today!

PS3 Full Games: Far Cry 2 – 2/14 (V-Day Special One Week Offer)
PSN Games: The Simpsons Arcade Game – 2/7
Gold Medalist – 2/7
PS one Classics: Final Fantasy V – 2/7
Full Game Trials: Grand Theft Auto IV – 2/14
Deus Ex: Human Revolution – 2/21
Tom Clancy’S H.A.W.X 2 -2/21
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 -2/28
Early Access Demo: The House Of The Dead III Exclusive Playstation Plus Demo – 2/7
Media: Qore Episode 44 – February – 2/7
Avatars and Themes: The House of the Dead 3 Dynamic Theme
Start The Party 2 Dynamic Theme – 2/21
The House Of The Dead III – Agent G Avatar
The House Of The Dead III – Lisa Avatar
The House Of The Dead III – Z1 Avatar
PSN Games Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition (Bundle) – 2/14 (PS+ Price: $23.99)
The House of the Dead III – 30% off Crazy Taxi & SEGA Rally Arcade – Drive Me Crazy Bundle – 20% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $9.59)
Sonic Rivals 1 – 25% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $5.99)
Sonic Rivals 2 – 25% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $5.99)
Sar – Search and Rescue Mini – 20% off – 2/21 (PS+ Price $TBD)
Hamilton’s Great Adventure – 50% off Sale Price – 2/21 (PS+ Price $2.50)

+ TJF588 on January 31st, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

“Soon we will fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For PlayStation Plus, IT’S MORPHIN’ TIME!”

Seriously, we need a PSP version of FFV in the vein of FFI and FFII’s 20th Anniversary versions and FFIV’s Complete Collection.

+ TJF588 on January 31st, 2012 at 1:33 pm said:

Is that TWICE now that I got the top post of a new page? Feels good, man.

+ FunnyGuy5051 on January 31st, 2012 at 1:39 pm said:

another amazing plus update, i wish i had more plus friends to play those games with me online

+ joaryche on January 31st, 2012 at 1:46 pm said:

thank you sony. since i’m new to plus, i appreciate you re-releasing games for download which were previously offered. thank you for this month’s offerings. will we see more move offerings show up? i am also wondering about the promotions being set up for vita owners.

+ Xanzar on January 31st, 2012 at 1:49 pm said:

Sell psp = 20% psvita price , sell vaio vgnnr110e=60%vita price, sell psp games =10%
looks like i have a lot of selling to do before release day :D im sad to see my psp (bought last year feb 22nd ) go it was short but it was fun

+ Erlaxis on January 31st, 2012 at 2:30 pm said:

Wow, this month looks pretty good for plus members. It’s kinda tempting for me to get back into PS+, but right now I’m still really busy with Skyrim and some other games I bought with PS+ discount last year.

I know some people complain about PS+, but for me it was worth a lot. I just had it for 3 months and I’m still overwhelmed by all the goodies I got with it. I just don’t have as much free time as I need to finish all these games.

+ D-Squad3 on January 31st, 2012 at 3:08 pm said:

+ brown_ink on January 31st, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:

Grandiosa actualización para los miembros Plus!!! Parece que día a día este servicio va mejor. Así que espero ansioso:

Final Fantasy V y sobre todo Far Cry 2!!!

Espero que sigan así, mejorando el servicio a los usuarios Plus.

Saludos desde Nicaragua.

Great update for Plus members!!! It looks like day by day this service it’s getting better. So I hope anxiously:

Final Fantasy V and especially Far Cry 2!!!

I hope you keep it up, improving service to us, users Plus.

Greetings from Nicaragua.

+ DarkAkatosh on January 31st, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

Morgan you’re probably long gone by now but, are all the PSN games listed free? Or are they both free and discounted?

Grace Chen's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on February 1st, 2012 at 11:45 am said:

Yeah we need to be more clear there, but if there’s a price next to the listing, then it’s a discount.

+ TheBionicWoman on January 31st, 2012 at 4:01 pm said:

awsome update! I love the simpsons arcade game it will be great to play it again.

+ Se7en0ps on January 31st, 2012 at 4:06 pm said:

I was secretly hoping for that 50% on Rayman Origins (same as PAL), but I’m just being picky there. I sometimes wonder how you guys manage to pull off deals like that, but for gaming junkies, it’s an absolute blessing.

Thank you!

+ jose213jose on January 31st, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

how about Final Fantasy 1 & 2?

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on January 31st, 2012 at 4:11 pm said:

GTAIV! Nice!

+ GrimlockFan64 on January 31st, 2012 at 4:19 pm said:

A full PS3 game? Simpsons Arcade game? A free Final Fantasy game (even if 5 isn’t one of my favorities)!? A bunch of other goodies!?!? I’m glad I renewed my subscription! :D

+ MaverickHunterX on January 31st, 2012 at 4:27 pm said:

Thanks for the awesome deals. I don’t mind the repeats (I never received sonic 1 the first time around)

Any chance at a Turbografx deal/bundle upcoming? Thanks

+ DragonWolfJD on January 31st, 2012 at 6:05 pm said:

Now I really regret buying that PS+ card [and I only paid $15!] four months of crap and stuff I already or or would rather own.

+ ReptileHand on January 31st, 2012 at 6:20 pm said:

an P.S.

keep it going with the exclusive early access demos and possibly DLC games in the future. I remember seeing them when PS+ was originally starting out and I was wicked envious. As well as free or discounted DLC. Like the Fat Princess DLC that was discounted on Launch. And I know another person said this, the God of War III DLC. I wouldn’t mind if you guys just gave us exclusive discounts on DLC, it would be much appreciated because I honestly try to resist from getting any new games on sale because I have such a big backlog now. I saw the Dungeon Defenders DLC was on sale for awhile and that was a good notion! Keep it up! You’ve satisfied me for this month already, let’s make 2012 a strong year for PSN!

+ saab01 on January 31st, 2012 at 6:58 pm said:

I cant wait to play the Simpsons and Far cry 2. I hope plus stays like this offering some recent PSN games than all of the old content. I am still hoping that Journey and Zen pinball 2 comes free for plus members on there release dates.

+ SMCTwilight on January 31st, 2012 at 7:29 pm said:

Very impressive! The 100$ I paid thus far has absolutely paid off, especially as seeing Far Cry 2 makes up a good chunk of that, not to mention Wipe Out HD, the nice folder of PSN classics I have going (which might I humbly request the next few PS final fantasies? :D ), and a great number of PSN titles! Plus, qore, betas, ect. Very please, keep up the good work!

+ lisatsunami on January 31st, 2012 at 7:35 pm said:

Wow, one of the few times I have to actually work and look what I missed! I think this PS+ experiment is turning out OK.

I’m going to try a bunch of these because I have lots & lots of hard drive space. Thanks, PS Store!

+ Mr_Bipolar on January 31st, 2012 at 8:06 pm said:

How do you determined what game you are gonna give up to us PS Plus Members based on a group decision or 1 – 2 people decision?

This is a excellent choice. Reason I stay committed as a PS Plus Member.

Thanks for the good choice.

+ ACAJLE on January 31st, 2012 at 8:41 pm said:

Finally PS+ gets some value, and one of the best updates thus far. Keep this up and I will become a subscriber!
Going to get Hamilton’s great adventure, really fun game I like the perspective between Hamilton and the bird. Finally get to try the older FF, my first one was FFlX and I really like that one, still have it.

Great job this month! Thanks!

+ ACAJLE on January 31st, 2012 at 8:44 pm said:

@gm914 sounds to me like u need to upgrade ur HDD size!

+ ccanfield1 on January 31st, 2012 at 9:40 pm said:

Great lineup for this month !

+ DojoDog74 on January 31st, 2012 at 9:50 pm said:

Fantastic Playstation Plus update! Makes me happy that I am a subscriber.

+ C_Y_P_H_E_R on January 31st, 2012 at 10:35 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for those SImpsons arcade games to reappear! I miss those, and to have it free in Ps Plus is awesome! I bought all of those Sega games though. Most recently Altered Beast. I wish I would have bought Rochard instead! I was a preorderer of Far Cry 2. That game had potential. Let me down though. It is very bland and you’re in Africa, and there are no wild animals! Totally unrealistic. I’d rather play Altered Beast.!

+ igorrocks2 on January 31st, 2012 at 10:37 pm said:

is Battlefield Bad Company coming to full game section as well??? How much i it will cost?
Steal for PS+:
GTA IV – Compleate Edition Reg prie 39.99 + tax
Battlefield Bad Company 2 (Possible steal not to mention that even Origin strore does not have dis copies to buy on their listings (Check if you not believe me in Canadian section there is only PC version I was hunting for it a long road for PS3 version down side is it’s not Ultimate Edition I just wish EA would listen to my post or at least read and make last minute change lol

+ igorrocks2 on January 31st, 2012 at 10:43 pm said:

Oh and FFV can’t wait for FF XIV come to PS3 too bad there is no word on PS Blog on thid for almost a year but the game set to be released for this years on PS3 intersting to see how they will improve the game and quality Lineage II is free to play as of Novembe 30r 2011 and quality is adorable for free game

+ igorrocks2 on January 31st, 2012 at 10:53 pm said:

@8 don’t try BUY it it one of must have tites even if it multiplatform SE did hell of a job on this one ant wait for Hitman

+ Elvick_ on February 1st, 2012 at 12:13 am said:

FFV! Ossum. Will be nice to play it on my PSP, I don’t love it enough to buy it again… again. (PSone, GBA)

I did with FFVI though. =p

+ Guyper on February 1st, 2012 at 2:03 am said:

I love old school beat ‘em up games, and I couldn’t be happier about The Simpsons Arcade.

There’s another classic beat ‘em up that I’ve been dying to see it released on PSN someday and that’s “Spider-man: the Videogame” by SEGA, released in 91 as well.

Dear Sony, please ask SEGA to make it happen!! Thanks!!

+ Phillyblunz on February 1st, 2012 at 7:23 am said:

I’m floored.

I never thought plus would start paying for itself again after the great activation removal of 2011.

That whole list is free games? thats nutty.

Great Job Sony, you know we gonna expect this each month now though right?

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on February 1st, 2012 at 8:16 am said:

MAN! Far Cry 2 free??? defffffffffffffffffffff getting on valentines day :P:P forget going out with the GF..LOL!

+ DJ-307 on February 1st, 2012 at 2:00 pm said:

Thanks for all the great games Sony. (: Will we see any PS2 Classics for free. What about Playstation Plus on the Vita.

+ DJ-307 on February 1st, 2012 at 2:02 pm said:

^^^^^^Look! Its the 2 Snakes^^^^^^

+ toxicboy007 on February 1st, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

i always wanted to try FAIR CRY 2 but they were all out in stores and now i can buy it AND FOR FREE!! :D thanks for this awesome store update

+ pjca28 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:37 pm said:

Which is the price for The Simpsons Arcade for normal PSN users? :(

+ Moofboy on February 1st, 2012 at 6:28 pm said:

So…pretty sure my wife is annoyed with me for repeating “That’s so awesome!” and “I can’t believe that’s free!” over and over again while reading this. This update alone (and I love PS+) makes the membership worthwhile! Thanks!

+ Smoshi on February 2nd, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

I am renewing my subscription because of this update. This is going to be a very exciting month for PS+ subscribers.

+ Ox-E-l0W-xO on February 3rd, 2012 at 5:11 am said:

Please tell me!
Will Battle Fantasia be free for PSN Plus?
I’ve always wanted to play that game!
If it is, then…
Thank you so much Sony!
If you keep giving me free stuff then I’ll have to purchase a 500GB hard drive. :c
I’ve had my 60GB for nearly 6 years…
I need to upgrade. :c

+ FlatheadMonster on February 3rd, 2012 at 6:48 am said:

I know I’m late to the party here, but what an amazing update. The Simpsons Arcade game was one of the best arcade games ever. It’s a great time to be a Plus member. I have to say I am consistently impressed by the value proposition and the quality of content that Playstation Plus offers.

+ koolmanJAM on February 3rd, 2012 at 2:43 pm said:

FF 5 at last!!!!! …..and far cry 2. Thanks PSN!!!

+ IMA_BEAST_AT_IT on February 6th, 2012 at 2:01 am said:

I would love to see inFamous: Festival of Blood on PlayStation Plus sometime. It would be a great game for fans of the series and also people new to the series, since you don’t have to own any of the previous games to play it. Thanks for a great month. I love PS+!!

+ DojoDog74 on February 6th, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

Sony, you have done a miraculous job on making Plus a worthwhile investment for gamers. I’m really looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the rest of 2012.

+ PhadedWun on February 6th, 2012 at 5:53 pm said:

Ughhh.

I just bought FFV the day before this was posted. FML. lol

+ Smoshi on February 6th, 2012 at 10:30 pm said:

Will final fantasy and simpsons be added at exactly 12:00AM CST? As in the next hour and a half?

+ fire2box on February 7th, 2012 at 2:15 am said:

@28 anything more then 5 dollars for GTA4 and it’s DLC is a bit of a rip.

Why? Well, last october I got GTA, GTa2, GTA3: GTA:VC, GTA:SA, GTA 4 with it’s two DLC’s for I think 10 or 15 dollars. Altogether on steam (PC).

+ Jizzle_Jizzle on February 7th, 2012 at 4:02 am said:

Cooool, thanks PSN dudes, i’m really happy to see a Final Fantasy game offered in PS+. Thumbs up!

+ samarone77 on February 7th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

Wooowww the best offers Plus!!! Simpsons, Far Cry 2, FF V, Genesis games and -20% Sega Rally / Crazy Taxi… :D

+ ButterflyCluster on February 7th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

I’m really excited for Simpsons Arcade! :)