Driveclub

Sack It To Me: 6 Million Thank You’s, The Muppets, The Sackies, and More

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Jan 31, 2012 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

The LittleBigPlanet franchise now has over 6 USER-GENERATED MILLION GAMES & LEVELS!!!
Something magical recently happened in the world of LittleBigPlanet – thanks to our awesome community, the LBP franchise now has more than 6 million user-generated games and levels that have been created by fans and uploaded online to the PlayStation Network! As always, we’d like to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone contributing, whether you’re creating, sharing, or just playing. Here are a few nuggets we found over the weekend:

SPEED CREATE by Mnniska
A new fan-created video series called SpeedCreate. Love the new approach and helpful tips/ideas passed along to the rest of us. Thanks!

LittleBigPodcast – Episode 156 and Muppets DLC
Thanks for keeping us updated on the latest!

The Muppets Invade LittleBigPlanet!
Speaking of the Muppets, the new DLC is available NOW! Here’s a look at our recent trailer…

The 2011 Sackies – Nominations Needed!
With the Golden Globes behind us and the Oscars coming up soon, awards season now here in full force, so it’s time for our own special LBP awards, called The Sackies – and we need your help. Check out how you can help nominate the best levels out there via LBP.me – just find the level and look for the special Sackies nomination feature at the top of each level. Nominations will be closed on Feb 6th, then voting will begin and go until Feb 20th with winners scheduled to be announced the week after. So, nominate your favorite levels now!

Sackie AwardSackies Logo

Other LBP News…
LBPCentral’s Community Spotlight, Episode 76
Thanks for the round-up. This episode highlights a handful of new games uploaded recently:

Exciting Times at Media Molecule
-Happy belated Birthday to Mm (Jan 4th) – click on over to the Communities’ B-DAY card and add your own special message to Mm.
-Mm Podcast 15 – New Years Resolutions

…More Thank Yous…
And a special thanks to everyone in the community that act as our eyes and ears on the interwebs for the rest of the community to enjoy, including LittleBigLand, LBP2Blog, LittleBigPicks, RocketCheetah, and many many more!

+ abdirizak007 on January 31st, 2012 at 6:04 am said:

i loveeeee!!!!!!!1 you :)

+ fatshirley5star on January 31st, 2012 at 6:08 am said:

Great

+ fatshirley5star on January 31st, 2012 at 6:08 am said:

Great

+ fatshirley5star on January 31st, 2012 at 6:09 am said:

Yeah

+ xAToMiC–GaMeRx on January 31st, 2012 at 6:18 am said:

Glad for LBP :) Keep the good job!

+ remanutd5 on January 31st, 2012 at 6:29 am said:

will there be a lbp vita online multiplayer demo ?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 31st, 2012 at 8:02 am said:

no plans have not been firmed up yet, but we’ll def keep you posted!

+ XFRod on January 31st, 2012 at 7:14 am said:

A “Laugh In” reference? Someone’s showing their age or, at least a fair knowledge of 60′s pop culture. Nice, dood!

+ connvict72 on January 31st, 2012 at 7:28 am said:

my lbp2 still freezes at the loading screen when you first begin, making it unplayable. i’ve deleted the game data file and re-installed all the update patches, but continues to freeze and the system has to be completely reset. seems to have occured since update 1.10. anyone else had this problem or know of any solutions? thanks!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on January 31st, 2012 at 8:03 am said:

strange, are you having problems with any other games?

+ connvict72 on January 31st, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

@ Eric Levine #8: nope, ps3 runs great for every other game and lbp2 disc is in flawless condition. i’ve been having this problem since the latest update patch was released…ran perfectly before

+ Zoidzerg on January 31st, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

I wish I had participated in the sackies, but will certainly check out the levels!

The muppet pack was a lot of fun. My only gripe with it (and really beyond MM’s control) was that when I went to my friends house to show it off and play with him we could not because of the new 2 PS3′s per DLC rule. I guess I thought it was a game by game basis instead of console by console?

It really is a bummer, I think I am going to inactivate and sell my extra PS3 because I really do enjoy being able to play my stuff with friends. Especially since it seems I never stay home on weekends.

I digress, looking forward to trying out the sackie levels and love my LBP2!

+ Moleynator on January 31st, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

No Sackinima loving? :p

+ Welmosca on January 31st, 2012 at 9:12 am said:

Congratulations to LBP ha I helped a bit with some lvls lol…LBP rocks so hard…I love LBP so much…thanks a lot MM for bring this game that is beyond AMAZING….hey people play my Shark lvl on LBP2 when u have time,its fun.

+ Emerald_Swords on January 31st, 2012 at 9:16 am said:

Congrats to everyone!

+ Teflon02 on January 31st, 2012 at 9:17 am said:

Question:
all sources are confused with LittleBigPlanet Vita’s release date. Sone say Feb 22nd some don’t know. whats the release date or the expected release month, because I wanna preorder?

+ Hooligantuan on January 31st, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

@8 connvict72

I had this same problem a month or two ago and went to the LBP2 forums for help, where I received absolutely none.

So I experimented with my files and data for a bit, and this is what got me working.

First, I backed up my profile data – just in case.

I then deleted the game data, then reinstalled. I denied the patch updates initially and the game told me that, since I had content compatible only with later versions of LBP2, that it would have to ditch my old profile. I okayed it (remember that backup!) and went into the game like normal.

I logged out once everything looked stable, then restarted the game and allowed the patching process to proceed. Once it was complete, I uploaded my old profile data and the game worked.

I have no idea why this worked, but that’s what finally got things working for me.

+ Curtisio on January 31st, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

I love LBP and for sure wish MM a happy birthday!

+ Curtisio on January 31st, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

@connvict72,
No probems here. I think your experience is unique because people are still playing.

+ Hooligantuan on January 31st, 2012 at 9:40 am said:

And in other news, you LBP2 folks need to get on this bug, because it’s pretty weird and pretty nasty.

I still cannot believe you guys don’t pay enough attention to your forums to have advised me within the week and some change I was posting for help. Fortunately I’m a grown man that just likes cute games, but I could have very easily been a little kid that you left hanging helplessly for over a week, and that’s what really ticks me off.

I expect a well-paid, homerun-hitting company with a high-selling E-rated game to be much more attentive to its playerbase, and you should expect it of yourselves.

+ nv_Los on January 31st, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

This looks great! I also cant wait for LBP on my VITA!

+ remanutd5 on January 31st, 2012 at 11:20 am said:

thanks Eric for your reply , hopefully there will be a lbp vita online multiplayer demo , that would be so kool and a resistance burning skies multiplayer demo/ beta too

+ remanutd5 on January 31st, 2012 at 11:24 am said:

oh one more question will the ps vita version of LBP come with vita characters ? like deviants from little deviants? or the girl from gravity rush ? or Lil and Laarg from Escape Plan?

+ connvict72 on January 31st, 2012 at 11:58 am said:

@Hooligantuan: thanks for the advice, i’ll try that tonight!

+ hypersk_us on January 31st, 2012 at 1:12 pm said:

Hey, I have just one question.

For the past months I have seen some limited-time content being re-released.

So, according to your website, the Spacesuit Costume was re-released last year at 01/19/2011… are there plans to re-release it this year too?

I missed it because I just got into LBP…

Thanks!

+ Hooligantuan on January 31st, 2012 at 1:47 pm said:

The space costume seems to only be released when a new LBP game comes out, so I’d say your next opportunity would be when LBP makes the jump to the Vita.

+ Tyler_stewart on January 31st, 2012 at 1:55 pm said:

Thank you so so so so much for posting about LBP2Blog! We really appreciate it :) Thanks so much again!

+ Graywolffe on January 31st, 2012 at 5:55 pm said:

(Off subject) Thanks you sooo much for the VITA digital discounts Sony! Just bought the 32GB VITA memory card & will be LOADING UP on those downloads in the years to come…

+ LAAG64 on January 31st, 2012 at 6:13 pm said:

Will any of the DLC from LBP/LBP 2 carry over to the PS Vita version?

+ hypersk_us on January 31st, 2012 at 7:42 pm said:

@24 (Hooligantuan)

Thanks for the tip, I though it was like the other limited-time DLC costumes… I’ll look forward to it when LBP Vita gets released!

By the way, today they re-released the GroundHog Day Costume, everyone be sure to pick it up if you don’t have it!

+ oo7PorscheMGS on January 31st, 2012 at 8:45 pm said:

Congrats to LBP… this game is not just good, great, it’s amazing… the creativity and ENDLESS creativity and fun you can have in this game is awesome. My nephews love this game, and hey, yes I do too ;P Looking forward to what media molecule can think up next… please stay with the play create + share motto though, it’s something many other games could benefit from…

+ djml9 on February 3rd, 2012 at 12:47 pm said:

@27 as far as ive heard, ALL dlc goes to lbpv, an all lbpv dlc goes to lbp2 as well.

+ thelookey6 on February 6th, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

you guys made one heck of a game with all the lpb games
congratz