PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Feb 01, 2012 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

PlayStation Network will be offline for routine scheduled maintenance on Thursday, February 2nd from approximately 6am until midnight PST. During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

• PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP, and Media Go
  • PlayStation Network Account Management
  • PlayStation Network Account Registration
  • PlayStation HomeMusic Unlimited & Video Unlimited services
  • You will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from us.playstation.com (or the PlayStation.Blog).

Fortunately, most online play will be unaffected. Users who are already signed into their account on PlayStation Network before the start of the maintenance should be able to stay signed in to their online session, but will not be able to access any of the services listed above. Users who attempt to sign-in to their PlayStation Network account after the start of the maintenance may be presented with the site maintenance notification page if they haven’t signed in recently. During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game Trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

Stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates and a notice when maintenance has concluded. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

116 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3

+ KILLSON13 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

May I ask what this is for?… stupid question nvm

+ ReptileHand on February 1st, 2012 at 5:07 pm said:

Go crazy! Keep up the good work guys. I’m happy that the online will be available partly.

+ TheJLC on February 1st, 2012 at 5:08 pm said:

Wasn’t the last ‘routine’ maintenance only a few weeks ago? Hopefully something good comes out of this one.

+ ARC_Stig on February 1st, 2012 at 5:11 pm said:

Must be somthing big if its going to take almost 24 hours, I hope your offices have beds ;)

+ ATFrez on February 1st, 2012 at 5:13 pm said:

Wait…. 6 AM until midnight!? Tell me that’s a typo!

+ sicuro95 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:14 pm said:

doesn’t really matter its just 1 day of no online how bad can it be

+ remanutd5 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:15 pm said:

getting ready for the ps vita store ?

+ Adrance on February 1st, 2012 at 5:16 pm said:

Of course, the day I have off has maintenance. Will PS Vita Hill Social Clubs be affected greatly?

Patrick Seybold's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on February 2nd, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Shouldn’t be affected at all.

+ JrXC on February 1st, 2012 at 5:18 pm said:

Can I ask what this is for? Well whatever it’s for, good job guys for working so hard and keeping PSN up and running and free. Bravo!

+ ReptileHand on February 1st, 2012 at 5:19 pm said:

I doubt the vita clubs will be affected because this is for

PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP, and Media Go
PlayStation Network Account Management
PlayStation Network Account Registration
PlayStation HomeMusic Unlimited & Video Unlimited services
You will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from ( the PlayStation.Blog).

So I assume the Vita Hill Social Clubs will be unaffected. Take your day off and go to one if you want.

+ nirojan45 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:19 pm said:

Well it is February and the Vita launch is around the corner. So they’re probably prepping the Store for its new section.

+ KingLazy93 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:19 pm said:

I hope something good comes out of this.

+ polo155 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:22 pm said:

Sup Patrick, Giants! :)

Yea boyeeee, Vita Preperations and Maintanance
!

+ BeechV35Pilot on February 1st, 2012 at 5:24 pm said:

Ten hours notice for an upcoming, all-day “scheduled” maintenance outage. Yes, Sony respects its online customers… indeed.

+ mistasmooth25 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:29 pm said:

I don’t see why everyone is complaining at all. You can still sign in and play online, isn’t that what everyone wants to do? Does no one understand this? This should’t really bother people.

+ Sgt_0951 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:33 pm said:

Thanks for the heads up, Mr. Seybold. I can live without PSN services for one day (unlike some other PS3 owners, apparently).

+ Longshanks367 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:43 pm said:

At least tell us what this shut down is for. That would make it a lot easier for us to understand…

+ dlhdav7 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:50 pm said:

if you do this to me i’m going to die! what the hell am i going to do all day? well i guess i can count my pubic hairs ! so how meany do you guys think i have ? there will be a 10.00 dollars for the winner !!!

+ SpeedRacer1955 on February 1st, 2012 at 5:55 pm said:

Well we know that Vita is coming this month and they are slowly changing the network to focus more on their Android versions of hardware so they can access the PSN. This is being done on a schedule so we should look forward to more of these 12+ hour down times to finish the process.

What would be interesting if Sony would make a wild change to the XMB and use the eye camera with motion control like they did on the PS2 Eye Toy games to control the main menu for the PS3. But hey that is just a wild pie in the sky guess of mine and maybe after Kaz Hirai gets to the top of the Sony Ladder it might happen but not until it is PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

+ DarkAkatosh on February 1st, 2012 at 6:02 pm said:

This is getting ridiculous.

+ DeadKillersRevng on February 1st, 2012 at 6:11 pm said:

“Fortunately, most online play will be unaffected.”
Come on! Read and stop complaining!

+ perrandy on February 1st, 2012 at 6:13 pm said:

firmware update confirmed?btw, i’m digging the new blog blue color!

+ TomHoang on February 1st, 2012 at 6:29 pm said:

Hey guys, the maintenance really isn’t that bad. You can still play online. The only important thing you won’t have access to is the PS Store.

+ MarkakaJin on February 1st, 2012 at 6:42 pm said:

My body is almost ready for PS Vita.

+ eggmiester28 on February 1st, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

you guys pick the worst time for maintenance why can’t you guys be like mmo’s and do a midnight to 11 am maintenance

+ Stoffinator on February 1st, 2012 at 6:53 pm said:

PSN is the only service I know that gets this much down time.

+ snakeeyes211 on February 1st, 2012 at 7:09 pm said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

+ ten3ightyHD on February 1st, 2012 at 7:16 pm said:

I smell Vita…….

+ stryxrecon on February 1st, 2012 at 7:25 pm said:

If thisis supposed to be tomorrow, why can’t I log in from ps3 right now?

+ j_lm08 on February 1st, 2012 at 7:26 pm said:

is anyone having trouble getting into the qriocity. It’s been having troubles since three days ago.

+ stryxrecon on February 1st, 2012 at 7:27 pm said:

Never mind… Now it decides to work…

+ j_lm08 on February 1st, 2012 at 7:28 pm said:

via PC

+ teru115 on February 1st, 2012 at 7:32 pm said:

Probably it’s related to Playstation Vita. Just my guess…

+ j_lm08 on February 1st, 2012 at 7:34 pm said:

probably a hack

+ CaptainJames99 on February 1st, 2012 at 8:51 pm said:

Again the coward Patrick Seybold ambushes everyone with this sudden maintenance right at his quitting time when he can run along home avoiding questions and the obvious fact that this is not regular or scheduled. What do we get? inadequate notice, once again no answers as to whats really going on. Instead we get the same useless excuses and insults from the troll and freaks brigade. Way to go Patrick, and congrats to your staff for yet another job so very badly done. I’m sure your competition is having a very good laugh at your exspense yet again. You want to do us all a favour Patrick Seybold? stay home from now on. We do better when your not around.

+ Shy_Guy92 on February 1st, 2012 at 9:03 pm said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I don’t do this to me Sony! I wanted to buy everything off the store during those exact hours :[

I think it’s Vita related as I just read an article last night how if your american account is on your Vita, the Live area for the store actually displays icons for games and movies on it now.

+ BrianC6234 on February 1st, 2012 at 9:04 pm said:

Nobody should complain about this. It’s probably for things like security fixes. Any issues they can’t fix while the network is up. When a network is up all the time they have to do this kind of work once in a while. There’s so many security problems now too.

+ zachg07 on February 1st, 2012 at 9:36 pm said:

No reason to complain since you can still play online

+ zachg07 on February 1st, 2012 at 9:36 pm said:

Cant wait to get my Vita on the 22nd!

+ Mr_Bipolar on February 1st, 2012 at 9:58 pm said:

Sony has messed up with some things in past and present. From can’t fix things to having to admit of can’t fix something broken. Regardless it being the ps3 to PlayStation Home or any other services. And making announcements of pulling the services. Fixing the services. Or refunding everyone who bought purchases and or services to the space games.

However, they are being reasonable so far and processing everyone. So more services update to fix servers and game patches? I give you huge respect Sony is doing what they should and keeping up and fixing things. Thank you Sony.

You are treating the customers good by doing whats right by the customers. Appreciate that.

+ MrSignal on February 1st, 2012 at 10:16 pm said:

I’m speculating about the general length of the maintenance session and what exactly it covers.

It’s most likely another test run for the Vita so they can do the whole Day 1 thing.
The funny handheld releasing in the next week or so with 3G access only available in the US(really Bell/Rogers/Etc.?).

The store is likely being tested so that the content appears in the proper section and PSP users can only access content designed for their hardware. That and jimmying in a new section for Vita titles through the PS3.
It’ll be fine next week.

Good luck guys, hopefully my computer will rember I’m still logged on at the blog.

+ monstadreadhead on February 1st, 2012 at 10:50 pm said:

I survived the blackout of 2011, so this 24hr maintenance shall not be a problem for me. Do what you got to do Sony.

+ warezIbanez on February 1st, 2012 at 11:13 pm said:

GIMME A BREAK!

Please give us more than a day in advance… Sometime’s Thursdays are certain people’s only time to play!

+ kiikooo on February 1st, 2012 at 11:25 pm said:

@ Warezlbanez So play. If you read the post it says you can still play online.

+ MilitaryDragon on February 1st, 2012 at 11:27 pm said:

I understand why maintenance is needed, but if they keep doing it this often why not just say monthly and have it at like midnight till whenever, I know their has to be some guys who work that late, my cable company does maintenance at like 3 am every other month and so I am able to plan around it.

+ TheRazor375 on February 1st, 2012 at 11:32 pm said:

Why bother speculating what the maintenance does anymore? For all we know “scheduled maintenance” could mean out to lunch at Sony… always during the day and on the most inconvenient hours.

As a member of PSN for 5 years I can’t recall any time maintenance brought anything “new” and in fact when I think about I can only remember the times PSN was worse after maintenance.

+ MaximusPrimus on February 1st, 2012 at 11:53 pm said:

I really really hope The Canada/US Vita PSN store goes live after this “scheduled maintenance”. I’m on my 3rd playthough or Golden Abyss on my import Vita and i wants moar gamez!!!! Really though, im in love with this thing and i only have one game and a few Jap demos.

+ HeeroCobain on February 2nd, 2012 at 12:58 am said:

so when are we going to be able to finally access account management from the website? i have some dead ps3′s to deactivate my name from.

+ venkat4647 on February 2nd, 2012 at 1:03 am said:

nice

+ HossBeast on February 2nd, 2012 at 1:25 am said:

definitely not 6am pst and i definitely cannot get on the playstation network. was online before…. tried to run a patch BOOM a day off after working 6 days straight wasted… grrr

PAGE 1 2 3