PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

The Tester 3 Premieres Tomorrow, Santa Monica Studio Job Up For Grabs

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Feb 06, 2012 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

Tester

The third season of The Tester, PlayStation Network’s exclusive reality series, launches tomorrow, February 7th! We’ve introduced the cast, panelists, and special guests you’ll see in season 3, and most importantly, the grand prize these lucky gamers will be competing to win: a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work as a Production Associate at one of Sony’s most well-respected game development facilities: Santa Monica Studio. To sweeten the deal, we’re also giving the winner a $5,000 signing bonus, 55” Sony Bravia 3D TV, PS3 system, and a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium.

The Tester SMS Tour

While the past two seasons of The Tester have offered the winners a chance to work as a game tester at Sony Computer Entertainment America, this season’s grand prize is an even more amazing opportunity than before — the battle to seize it will be fierce. This season’s winner will earn the chance to contribute on the studio’s next game and collaborate with some of most imaginative people working in the interactive medium.

To celebrate the season premiere, we’re throwing a Tester 3 party today, February 6th at the Vita Hill Social Club in Santa Monica (RSVP here)! Local cast members from every season will be in attendance including previous winners Will “Cyrus” Powers and Matthew “Gaymer” Brown. Host Meredith Molinari and SCEA’s own Brent Gocke will also be at the club. Arrive early and you can sign up for a PS Vita game tournament to challenge the cast members to win valuable PlayStation prizes. We’ll also be screening the entire season premiere episode that evening!  And, the first 100 attendees will receive ‘The Tester 3’ logo t-shirts. Food and soft drinks will be provided, so show up early. Here is the information for the premiere party:

Date/Time
Monday, February 6, 2012 5:30-9pm

Location
Vita Hill Social Club
2803 Main St.
Santa Monica, CA 90405

We’ve also partnered with IGN.com’s Greg Miller (who also participates as a guest panelist this season) to deliver cast-off interviews each week following a contestant’s departure from the show on Podcast Beyond, one of IGN.com’s most popular PlayStation-themed podcasts. You can tune in each week on Thursday, starting February 9th, to hear our contestants talk about their participation this season, what they thought of the overall experience competing on the show, and living in the high-tech PlayStation Loft.

Starting tomorrow, there are a variety of ways this season to watch “The Tester 3”: Episodes go up every Tuesday afternoon on the PlayStation Store, but they’ll also be streaming on thetester.com and on Crackle.com. Plus, like last season, fans can get together inside Theater 2 in PlayStation Home to watch together and participate in a season-long ‘Superfan’ viewing Quest to obtain coveted virtual item rewards each week.

We’re all extremely proud of The Tester 3 and we can’t wait for you to check it out yourselves tomorrow! Be sure to check back here on the PlayStation.Blog every Tuesday for new updates on this season, as well as on our main site here.

+ Heavenly_king on February 6th, 2012 at 8:19 am said:

hopefully it will be fun :D

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on February 6th, 2012 at 3:16 pm said:

The season should be really fun. And, we also hope to capture a bit of the Santa Monica event tonight. We’ll post that in the ‘Extra’ section of The Tester site hopefully by next week.

+ Heavenly_king on February 6th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

How about posting some news of the change of PSN to SEN XD

+ joseph2411 on February 6th, 2012 at 9:06 am said:

wonder if previous tester contestants have a time machine, season 3 party is in the past! (Feb 6, 2011?) o_O

+ avanfreak23 on February 6th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Great i’ll watch it for sure, is a really fun show

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on February 6th, 2012 at 3:18 pm said:

Thanks for supporting this very unique show for gamers on PlayStation. Tomorrow, 2 PM it all gets underway.

+ Trooper04 on February 6th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Cool story editors..

+ DarkOne_PR on February 6th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

I wish i could have participated :(

+ Asuka424 on February 6th, 2012 at 10:31 am said:

I wish I could be there. Better yet – I wish we had one at the Chicago Club as well. Alas, I’ll be there in spirit my fellow casties! <3 you all!

~Asuukaa

+ polo155 on February 6th, 2012 at 11:28 am said:

Sup Kev, ok this is what I support alot so thought I bring it to you:

I love everything Sony and SEN/PSN…

I watched the previously aired on PSN and PS Home The Tester. I as someone who uses a wheelchair feels intimidated to try and participate when it comes to trying out for The Tester because as I watch all the contest that are required to try and win for a Position @Sony there is practically nothing a disable person can compete in there for leaving out maybe half your users. Are these competitions created before or after the participants are selected.

Santa Monica’s office don’t look accessable as well and the Ford vehicle (nice might I say) also isn’t a #1choice for a disable.

I guess what I’m saying is that this is not an inviting thing you have going on here for anyone but the ambulettory.

+ polo155 on February 6th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

When I read this I continue I wonder why wasnt the viewing being held at ALL the Vita Social Clubs at all current locations with testers appearing within their local spots.

So I guess the one in NYC which could’ve had the girl who also was a tester particapant and LBP world record holder.

Cali has like 5 events a year while anywhere else get one, if that.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on February 6th, 2012 at 3:22 pm said:

That’s a great idea. I think the Santa Monica location worked out for having Meredith and Brent available and there happened to be 8-10 local former/current cast now in the area.

+ Spinout209 on February 6th, 2012 at 3:40 pm said:

Will there be weekly prizes for downloading/watching Tester 3?

+ Lugey on February 6th, 2012 at 4:43 pm said:

luge here! Hope the Santa Monica event goes great! Can’t wait to see the pics and video! I was actually at the NYC Social Hill Club today with Big D. Been there a few times, loving the vita! <3

+ tacosapien on February 6th, 2012 at 6:48 pm said:

whoot whoot! I’ve been waiting for a third season since Gaymer won season 2. Can’t wait to audition for the show myself when season 5 comes along.

+ KingKannibal on February 6th, 2012 at 10:05 pm said:

Had fun and met some cool people. I was too shy to talk to any of the Stars! Sat next to a few of them but again, I was too shy to say even a word!

+ Conrad_Max on February 7th, 2012 at 12:22 am said:

Love The Tester! This is the only “reality show” that my wife and I watch together, other than America’s Most Wanted. In fact, my wife who doesn’t “game” a lot, keeps asking me when the show will be back.

Thanks for the news. We will be watching, via the download and Home.

+ Vince47 on February 7th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

Enjoyed the past seasons.. Just finished watching episode 1 of season 3,,,,And cannot believe of all the entries received that you pick the most Foul Mouthed Young Women on the continent..Heard more f-bombs then on HBO… Dont you realize children watch this ,,.. Then you pick people with 23 trophies????…. Huh .or no console experiences at all ?? Someone at SONY has got to be able to make better judgements including some morals and ethics,,,and standards for language…shame on you all

+ CaptainJames99 on February 7th, 2012 at 12:53 pm said:

Vince47 thats part of the many reasons I don’t wast time on it. Sorry, ok well not really sorry for missing it but its just a low budget badly acted infomercial that looks like it was thrown together by a couple of interns on their lunch break. Wait, nvm, it was. What gets me though is one of these people will supposedly be involved in creating a game people spend hard earned money on. Even though in all likelyhood all they’ll be doing is answering the phones and making coffee cause we all know dropping F bombs every sentence and having 23 trophies are such good job skills.

+ ZERO_169 on February 7th, 2012 at 1:39 pm said:

This is supposed to be entertainment for people to watch. If they didn’t pick such a diverse group of people it would probably be pretty boring.
Also I’m guessing your talking about Egoraptor not being qualified enough because of his low trophy count. Well that is because he was the one that got voted in by the public. I personally am looking forward to watching him throughout this season, and I hope that he lasts for awhile longer so that I can keep entertained. Though I have a feeling that isn’t going to happen.