PS4-Infamous

Jak and Daxter Collection Available In Store and on PSN Today

Evan Wells's Avatar + Posted by Evan Wells on Feb 07, 2012 // Co-President, Naughty Dog

Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3

Today the Jak and Daxter Collection launches exclusively on PS3. Now, over a decade since the Jak and Daxter series originally premiered on PS2, I’m so proud to see the legacy of Naughty Dog’s work brought together for the first time ever on one Blu-ray Disc.

The Jak and Daxter Collection brings some of your favorite J&D adventures — Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, Jak II and Jak 3 — to life like never before. Mass Media has re-mastered each installment of the collection to feature 720p high definition visuals and stereoscopic 3D support. The Jak and Daxter Collection also features over 100 trophies (including 3 platinum) for you to hunt down while you play through all three titles.

Jak and Daxter Collection for PS3

In addition to picking up the Jak and Daxter Collection at your local game retailer, you’ll be able to download the title via PSN. Starting today, the Jak and Daxter Collection will be available on the PlayStation Store for $39.99. You can also choose to download any of the installments from the collection separately for $14.99.

Be sure to grab the Jak and Daxter Collection today for a chance to experience the full evolution of the franchise. You’re in for some funny and wild adventures — enjoy!

PAGE 1 2

+ StargamerX on February 7th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

I’ve already been playing it for a while! My favorite franchise of all time!

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 7th, 2012 at 11:36 am said:

Awesome! You’re going to love playing it in 720p with trophies and in 3D :)

+ playb601 on February 7th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

Awesome! I’ve been waiting a long time for this! Thanks

+ Richlando on February 7th, 2012 at 9:35 am said:

Very good to see this is coming to the PSN and available as a bundle and as seperate downloads, but mind following up this post with digital vs physical sales figures in a few months? Willing to bet the digital sales outpace the retail sales. Just a guess, imo digital is the future and I hope more publishers adopt a retail/digital release model. Just sayin’

+ KazeEternal on February 7th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

Can’t wait to get the disc…. btw…. Killzone for PS2 classics? Are we getting it?

+ playaplus on February 7th, 2012 at 9:36 am said:

wont have $ til thursday, def picking it up though

+ Blkant on February 7th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

I went to three different stores today, and not one of them had it…. :( Well, I’m glad I can get it on PSN at least, but still, I wanted to start playing it already as well as a physical copy… :/

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 7th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

Huh. Where do you live and what stores did you go to? PSN will have it for you for sure.

+ Sonicfan11589 on February 7th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

I had seen on Wikipedia’s “List of PS Vita games” where it says that Jak and Daxter HD Collection is coming to the Vita with PS3 connectivity. THERE’S NO SOURCE, so I’m taking it with a ‘grain of salt’ or however the phrase goes. Any comments if any?

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 7th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

That’s smart. A grain of salt is good. It’s Wikipedia! :)

+ AcuraPSV on February 7th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

Hi

There is a rumor of a version for vita, right?

+ smintja on February 7th, 2012 at 9:38 am said:

This games comin in the mail. Any trophy tips???

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 7th, 2012 at 11:39 am said:

Gather as much eco as you can. Also just have fun!

+ wtGp on February 7th, 2012 at 9:41 am said:

I’ve been waiting for a Jak & Daxter collection. These games rock

+ fifthcore on February 7th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

How is the digital bundle the same price as retail this makes no sense at all?!? And buying them separately will cost someone $5 more? Really?!? Amazon is offering $19 in trade-in credit for this right now. What is the point of buying the digital version unless it’s priced correctly.

+ ATES on February 7th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

im playing this now so happy its out,

+ cosmis_chaos on February 7th, 2012 at 9:51 am said:

Sigh. And I was here hoping for $10.00. Oh well, I guess HD remakes don’t grow on trees. I am going to have to decide if it is more viable to just buy one of the games or buy all three on a disc.

+ KingTx88 on February 7th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

This a great anything from the makers of Naughty Dog is always awesome!

+ cosmis_chaos on February 7th, 2012 at 9:56 am said:

@ fifthcore. The all three digital games are actually more then the disc version. The disc version is $40.00 and each version is $15.00 which equals $45.000. That is the way things usually work anyway. The bundle is usually cheaper then the individual item

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 7th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

One of my most favorite franchises of ALL time! Picking it up later today.

+ TUSTIN1 on February 7th, 2012 at 10:00 am said:

What is the size of the digital download?

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 7th, 2012 at 12:16 pm said:

Jak 1 PSN: = 992MB
    Jak 2 PSN: = 3.35GB
    Jak 3 PSN: = 3GB

+ PlatinumAura on February 7th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

digital bundle for 40.00 wont be buying today but soon

+ KingTx88 on February 7th, 2012 at 10:04 am said:

I meant to say this is a great game lol. :-)

+ ebugaloo on February 7th, 2012 at 10:13 am said:

Please bring to Vita…please bring to Vita…please bring to Vita…

+ ALhammadi51 on February 7th, 2012 at 10:16 am said:

Will the digital version be available in Europe store today , or we have to wait till february 22 until the retail version be available .

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 7th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

It will be available in the EU on Feb 22nd for both versions.

+ warezIbanez on February 7th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

Oh man, I can’t wait to face off against Baron Praxis. He’s one of the greatest adversaries ever!

+ Light-Eco-Sage on February 7th, 2012 at 10:19 am said:

Hopefully my copy will be waiting for me tonight when I get off work. This will be the first time in months that I’ve taken Skyrim out of my PS3… but it’s totally worth it!

Jak and Daxter are my favorite!

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 7th, 2012 at 11:54 am said:

That’s awesome! Enjoy!

+ Zacky-V-A7X on February 7th, 2012 at 10:21 am said:

I’ll get it!!!!

+ PuppetShoJustice on February 7th, 2012 at 10:27 am said:

I’ll wait for the inevitable sale on the digital versions. I enjoyed the first game in the series but never got around to trying the others.

+ abdirizak007 on February 7th, 2012 at 10:35 am said:

will the game come to Europe?

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 7th, 2012 at 11:55 am said:

Yes, it will be available February 22nd in Europe.

+ Ichywawa on February 7th, 2012 at 10:42 am said:

Very happy to get a second chance to play this franchise, when it first came out i only had enough for either jak and daxter or ratchet and clank… i went with ratchet and didnt regret it, but its nice to get a second chance on the ps2 other great franchise

+ OniEyes on February 7th, 2012 at 10:46 am said:

I still dont understand why ALL PS3 games are not easily available on PSN. ….Its like Sony is allergic to clawing back money from used game sales or something.

+ dimy93 on February 7th, 2012 at 11:06 am said:

I asked 2 times already without any luck but is the game coming to psvita as the rumors suggest???
If so will be a day 1 download

Evan Wells's Avatar

+ Eric Monacelli on February 7th, 2012 at 11:56 am said:

It’s just a wikipedia rumor. :)

+ ChaseHammerJ on February 7th, 2012 at 11:13 am said:

OR I can not buy these AGAIN and just pop in my PS2 copies that I already have in my BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE PS3.

Why people are repurchasing all this “HD Collections” again is beyond me, well I guess if you dont have a BC PS3 or a PS2.

Oh well, people waste what they want I suppose.

+ CynicalNerd on February 7th, 2012 at 11:21 am said:

ChaseHammerJ, you sir are an idiot. Hows that OLD Ps3 model working out for you? Enjoying your VERY limited hard drive space? Have fun having to constantly delete and uninstall games just to play new ones.

Also HD COLLECTION is just that, good games in HD. You have fun playing Jak and Daxter in crappy SD while I am rocking it in High Def and earning my trophies. I guess its ok though for you, if you like owning inferior things.

I bet you play your PS3 on a SD tv too, don’t you? HAHAHAHAHAHA

+ spoonTRex on February 7th, 2012 at 11:32 am said:

Grabbed my copy a bit ago, but have to wait until I get home to try it out. So excited!

I noticed a “Dolby Pro Logic II” logo on the back. Is that the only surround sound option available on this? Or is there uncompressed surround sound? If not, is there a reason why audio didn’t get expanded upon?

+ ChaseHammerJ on February 7th, 2012 at 11:37 am said:

@CynicaNerd
You are the idiot obviously. The harddrive is UPGRADABLE. And second I have had a launch PS3 where as you probably had to wait until the PS3 got so cheap you would afford it on your McDonalds paycheck.

And $40 for trophies and reformatted character skins isnt enough for me to rebuy something I already have.

So HAHAHAHAHA to you. Fool.

+ fifthcore on February 7th, 2012 at 11:41 am said:

@cosmis_chaos yes $45 so $5 more… The games should be priced $10 each and the bundle should be less than the retail / disc version IMO. I will wait for a PSN sale.

+ uncleniccius on February 7th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

To whoever said there was no source on Wikipedia about it coming to vita, gameinformer said it too! If it comes I will buy DAY 1!

+ MrSignal on February 7th, 2012 at 11:44 am said:

Hola CynicalNerd,

As you can tell by the nature of the opening of this post, a rebuttle is on your way shortly.

As a former BC capable system owner I can assure you that more then likely yes ChasehammerJ has likely had difficulties managing his drive. Until he unlike yourself swapped it out very easily with a far more capable HDD. One with a somewhat higher read rate and capacity. You see unlike our other bretherin in HD gaming, our systems are all capable of upgrading. I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t taking advantage of his more then likely HD screen to laugh at your oversized ego.

You see, some of the last games to be released on the PS2 preformed better on the PS3.
Primarily because we felt the need to support our favorite developers before they made the next gen splash. I surely hope that you enjoy the earlier chronicles of Mar. It was a good series that despite the first sequels flaws, was well worth the play through. Personally gonna wonder when your gonna get a chance to play Jak X.

+ KazeEternal on February 7th, 2012 at 12:04 pm said:

@30 ChaseHammerJ
I love backward compatibility, but there is one thing I’m willing to back off on when it comes to the benefits of BC and that is PS2 games and PS1 games still do not look as sharp or as close to there original form with upscaling. These games look cleaner and sharper in the HD collections. When done correctly with a few up dated textures makes them look better than their originals. Many of these old PS2 games also do not do 16:9 where every single HD Collection release does. I also do not get disconnected from PSN when playing HD Collections, so I can go looking for orbs on Jak and Daxter HD then get a party invite for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer. You can’t do that with PS2 releases. For us trophy hunters, being able to get trophies on these old PS2 games adds additional value to the package. I can also take my 3 PS2 discs, box them up (or sell them to people like you) and conserve shelf space on my home for additional PS3 releases (2 more boxes slots are not freed up). There are also people who are younger than you or I who were unable to purchase these other games and the hassle of getting compatible hardware is a pain. Finding the software itself is that much worse.

+ Pcable131 on February 7th, 2012 at 12:07 pm said:

When do the updates roll out for psn usually? I am somewhat new to psn, but I can’t wait to get this game digitally!

+ yekhalaf on February 7th, 2012 at 12:21 pm said:

I can’t seem to find the game on PSN. Will it be released at a specific time, or should it already be there?

+ TUSTIN1 on February 7th, 2012 at 12:22 pm said:

@ Eric – Thanks for the reply – looks like I have enough room on my HDD, wheeeee!!!

I was also unfortunate enough not to be able to find a retail copy today – all I kept getting told was that they could order a copy in for me…

+ dimy93 on February 7th, 2012 at 12:25 pm said:

@ Eric Monacelli
it actually comes from Gamespot. However it is good idea-u should consider it :P

+ Permafry_42 on February 7th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

Been waiting for this collection for a long time! I’m planning to platinum at least the first game by sunday night, and platinum 2 and 3 by the end of this month! Can’t wait to replay these classic games!

+ SolduNuts on February 7th, 2012 at 12:33 pm said:

First let me say that these games were really deserving of the HD treatment and I really enjoyed Jax 2. I hope that Sony keeps remastering all their great franchises from the PS2 era, because sooner or later I will buy them all. Release the lesser known games digitally on SEN, but keep updating the greats. Sony should work with 3rd party publishers to get other great franchises remastered like Konami has/is doing with their franchises. Keep up the great work of bringing back some of the best games ever made Sony. Thanks.

Sold.

+ TUSTIN1 on February 7th, 2012 at 12:35 pm said:

@38/39 The game will be available later on today when the store updates. The update always occurs Tuesday evenings but unfortunately with no specific time.

SONY is also changing the Playstation Network to the Sony Entertainment Network today and introducing new TOS (terms of service) so the store may update later than usual today.

+ Hamood07 on February 7th, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

When is this update , I canceled my pre-order when I heard it’s coming on the store. I could be playing right now !! please sony update the store faster :(

+ lisatsunami on February 7th, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

I’ve heard that Skyrim has been killing off the old BC phatties so Chase & Kaze?, you are becoming a rare breed. I wasn’t a gamer back then so I’m really happy every time an HD remaster comes out. So, off topic, can Okami be next for the HD release? I refuse to play my wii version.

+ Ecks on February 7th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Even though I bought these games as they came out on PS2 (and still own them!) and have cleared them all, I’ll be getting this collection. I only wish we’d have gotten a new PS3 Jak & Daxter game, but it doesn’t seem very likely. A shame, since Jak & Daxter (along with Ratchet & Clank, followed by Sly Cooper) are my favorite PlayStation games of all time.

+ NyPrince on February 7th, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Why can’t ps2 games be remastered in 1080p? Is it because of Developer laziness or is the ps3 hardware really that trash? I can play this using a ps2 emulator on pc and have better results. These 720p remasters are terrible and very depressing.

+ OniEyes on February 7th, 2012 at 1:16 pm said:

Personally speaking, i LOVE HD remasters because I get to play old games on current hardware without my eyes bleeding. How all those japa-rpg nuts can play those obscure PS1 titles is beyond me.

…and of course playing any game without Trophies in this day and age feels like wasted time, no matter how good that old game may be.

+ Hooligantuan on February 7th, 2012 at 1:22 pm said:

Wow – $14.99 each, huh?

I guess somebody thought $9.99 each was way out of line.

Pass.

Jak & Daxter is the only good one, anyway. You Sony folks are ridiculous. So sick of the PSN and your downloadable business model.

PSX = Flawless Victory
PS2 = Flawless Victory
PS3 = Network attack, security breech, overpriced digital wares, PlayStation Plus debut that created second class customers of the bulk of its customer base, splitting the 512 RAM into a non-negotiable 256 partition for the system making Bethesda games break down

I play the PS3 only because I like the controllers and the alternative totally blows. I would really like it if Sony stepped up its game.

PAGE 1 2