No Man's Sky

PS3 System Software Update (v4.10)

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Feb 07, 2012 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

ps3

Hi, everyone. We are releasing a new system software update (v4.10) for PlayStation 3 today that will include a few minor changes that we want to make you all aware of.

First off, once you download the new system software, you will be asked to accept a change to our Terms of Service. In an effort for more unity between PlayStation Network (PSN) and other Sony Entertainment Network services, your “PSN Account” will now be named “Sony Entertainment Network Account.” Please note that this change is one in name only and will not change the PSN that you know and love. You’ll still play games online, still have access to the latest downloadable games and add-ons, and still experience a wide variety of movies, sports and music across PSN.

With this system software update (v4.10), we’ll also be updating the PS3 Internet Browser with improved display speed.

You can find more details after the firmware goes live here. We look forward to your feedback in the comments below.

364 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

+ Transient on February 7th, 2012 at 11:28 pm said:

The new browser works great. Thanks for finally updating it!

+ Curtisio on February 7th, 2012 at 11:30 pm said:

I’m glad Sony has made improvements to the browser.

I read how the Vita browser is very slow – I hope that gets fixed, too.

+ JokerThe on February 7th, 2012 at 11:40 pm said:

It still does not remove that annoying warning when starting up the system, everyone wants it gone right right. love updates

+ drizzy473 on February 7th, 2012 at 11:52 pm said:

sony u need a new update this update screwed up the ps3 wireless headset now everytime i talk i can hear myself and i dnt want to hear myself b4 this 4.10 i couldnt hear myself fix this now

+ LostInMuff on February 8th, 2012 at 12:07 am said:

The new PS3 System Software Update (v4.25) includes no new features and only exists to annoy our customers. Thank you for continued support.

“SWEET! BEST UPDATE EVER!!!!!”

Sony is a natural at sucking. Why do I still bother? It may be time to ebay my system. I can stream my Netflix any where.

+ ceedub2 on February 8th, 2012 at 12:09 am said:

Thats freaking awesome Sony! Still keeping things the same while making them easier to get to. Like the fact that PSN name is the same and its still free. Heck with all the extras that come with plus even thats worth it too. I also like that the XMB is the same and still dead simple.

Keep up the good work and the great games and we’ll be loving ya for it.

+ SpooNManX on February 8th, 2012 at 12:12 am said:

BUGGY update!!…….
Now after installing a downloaded game it leaves the installation setup files on the hard drive… Why would this be??

Also the web browser is still worth than the Nintendo DS browser! :(
YouTube displays at a beautiful 240p!!!! Yes! Looks like I’m playing Sewer Shark on my Sega-Cd when I try to play a YT vid on my 52″ HDTV.

Why not just create a YouTube channel in he video section and let us have HD quality video streaming in 2012!

+ kenkilla41c on February 8th, 2012 at 12:18 am said:

ok i downloaded the new software but after i downloaded it and the system installed the update. The system restarted as normal but after it restarted my playstaion it started saying my hard disk file is corrupted and will be restored and i clicked ok but everytime the same thing corrupted file. I was playing cod mw3 just fine until i downloaded it, i have a 220 hard drive so memory isnt an issue, im going crazy without my ps3, help

+ xster-c on February 8th, 2012 at 12:26 am said:

I got the email on this yesterday, and towards the bottom it said, “If you wish to close your account or request a refund of your wallet balance, or have any questions, please contact Customer Service by clicking here.”

So I thought finally I’d get my money out of my wallet since I haven’t been able to work since my almost brand new system doesn’t work and Sony refused to replace it with a new one. Since I first got it, it randomly shuts itself off after so long. They’ve offered to replace it with a beat up refurbished 3 year old system for $20. So I’ve held onto it, thinking it’s probably the power supply and I’ll fix it myself someday.

Well. . . long story short, they lied in their letter and refuse to give me the money back I have in my Wallet unless I cancel my account completely and lose all of the DLC I have on it. All I could thing was, “Wow! What greedy bastards.” I’ve never had this problem with Microsoft. My old XBox died once and I had a new one within 3 weeks. They even paid the shipping…

One thing I can do is keep on speaking out against Sony’s bad practices. Always happy to share my bad experiences to help keep people from making bad choices.

+ M3thodFud on February 8th, 2012 at 12:33 am said:

Please fix the update, it’s just flat out awfully buggy. You tried to fix things and only made things worse. My Surround sound 7:1 sony bluetooth headset doesn’t work properly anymore online. When i talk, i hear myself in the backround, there is a lot of white noise, i cant hear anyone, but they can hear me. I have invested almost $500 bucks in all my ps3 equipment, so why dont you use that and everyone else s money to actually hire OS dev to actually develop OS updates properly and actually useful and can actually test the update before releasing it…. Please and thank you Sony

+ M3thodFud on February 8th, 2012 at 12:35 am said:

To make things more clear, my $500 bucks i spent was on sony brand equipment.

+ Skater_Ricky on February 8th, 2012 at 12:35 am said:

@xster-c – you look like a SPAMMER on here with that BLANK Avatar :P tell you get yourself a Avatar your more then a fake to me and I hope the rest gamers on here realize that creating a new account just to spam on the Blog is something that you will get noticed easily in a crowd of PSN gamers ;)

+ WolfFox666 on February 8th, 2012 at 12:35 am said:

Hey thanks for responding now this used to be awfully bare in tgat department. Now I wish to know weather this update fixes the psp game storage issue 4.0 created or if not if it will be adressed I have over fifty games for psp dled on my ps3 and can no longer transfer them to my psp directly since 4.0 ive had to redownload each and directly install it imediatly to my psp this is a pain as dling is slow ive reseived zero answers as to why this feature was even removed by a update that added vita features please let me know I beg of you

+ RR99i on February 8th, 2012 at 12:37 am said:

Thanks so much Sony for this PS3 system update. This was one request in the past as I love using the PS3’s Internet Browser. Thanks again! :)

+ xster-c on February 8th, 2012 at 12:40 am said:

American Playstations are made in China with inferior parts. Japanese Playstations are made in Japan with high quality parts. This was straight out of a buddy’s mouth who worked many years for Sony – in Japan.

+ Skater_Ricky on February 8th, 2012 at 12:42 am said:

►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫

@ EVERYONE ELSE out there replying.. Make sure to post that your having issues with the PlayStation Stereo Headset while in certain games out of games… while on the XMB playing Music.. let them know all the areas you are which having issues.. the More details the better.

I almost settled for that Headset.. good headset none the less.. I use the Turtle Beach PX5’s they actually make you hear yourself that way your not yelling into the mic but do have the options to turn that feature off if you wish. I myself personally rather hear myself talking a little.. and its not allot that way I know when the mic is working or not.. let them know if its super loud or soft voice feedback ect.

Here’s to hopping they will resolve that issue ASAP

►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫

+ JJisFierce on February 8th, 2012 at 12:45 am said:

Hey is anyone playing or trying to play NBA 2K12? Cuz since the updated I can even get pass the start screen.

+ NCGAMER on February 8th, 2012 at 12:45 am said:

Started the update and my PS3 crashed. I mean it wont even turn on. DO NOT DO THE UPDATE if you have the original PS3 system like I have. It completely does not work. THANKS SONY.

+ xster-c on February 8th, 2012 at 12:47 am said:

@Skater_Ricky. It won’t let you add an avatar or modify an account without a working PS3.

+ Shadow_Dancer on February 8th, 2012 at 12:48 am said:

“We look forward to your feedback in the comments below.”

I’m sure you do. Alot of help our feedback has helped so far. Apparently our feedback isn’t enough of a hint for you to GET RID OF THAT DAMN REDUNDANT HEALTH WARNING!!!!

+ Greenlight1976 on February 8th, 2012 at 1:02 am said:

after i installed new update i cant to internet or PSN??

+ Greenlight1976 on February 8th, 2012 at 1:03 am said:

Any 1 else with same problem??

+ JesseHaysFL on February 8th, 2012 at 1:05 am said:

WAAAIIITTTTT

Sony Entertainment Network North America…hmmm..

SENNA?

Senna was a god among men, I love you playstation.

I love drunk posting.

+ MudMonkey13 on February 8th, 2012 at 1:10 am said:

Just when I thought that the browser was finally useable I saw this, “Flash Player v 10 or above is required to watch this video.”

Seriously? Still? Come on, this is just pathetic. The web browser is still useless to me.

Also, why does it keep on asking me if I want to “run the plugin” on every single page I go to? That’s gotta be one of the most annoying things ever.

And another thing, why do youtube videos only play in 240p?

Useless. Absolutely useless.

+ jaimbire on February 8th, 2012 at 1:38 am said:

A browser update? Now that’s good news…

+ dark-star29 on February 8th, 2012 at 1:40 am said:

+5 @MudMonkey13.
Any idea what version of Flash they ‘updated’ to?

+ occelot_ssnake on February 8th, 2012 at 1:59 am said:

So I hear Xbox is getting a Crackle app. Funny thing is since its a Sony owned website, one would think PS3 would get it first

+ CornishP4g4n on February 8th, 2012 at 3:11 am said:

Google+ won’t load, says browser no longer supported, gmail keeps messing up.

+ xDUMPWEEDx on February 8th, 2012 at 3:20 am said:

4.10 is a fantastic update. Thanks Sony for making the PS3 even better!

+ Carl-G on February 8th, 2012 at 3:24 am said:

It seems a bit better the internet browser;) Now can we have PS2 playback back on a PS3 soon? :P

+ nelsonkcerio1 on February 8th, 2012 at 3:49 am said:

!!!tengo un problema es que cuando actualice al 4.10 empece a jugar Battlefield 3 y me oigo yo mismo cuando hablo en los sony headset 7.1 porfavor ayuda !!!!

+ DaneiL619 on February 8th, 2012 at 4:19 am said:

Did the update now i have feedback on my new sony 7.1 mic. Can anyone help with my issue. PLEASE!!!

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 8th, 2012 at 4:39 am said:

@5, what are you whining about? It’s not just corporate BS, its an amalgamation of sony services which is a smart move, it won’t effect you in any way so why are you crying?

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 8th, 2012 at 4:43 am said:

After further inspection browser is still terrible LOL. Leave it to sony to totally a feature they have the competitors don’t.

+ Juststeveplease on February 8th, 2012 at 5:34 am said:

how many updates can we get ?

+ Enigma777 on February 8th, 2012 at 6:36 am said:

Cool. I hope this fixes the dynamic Deus Ex: HR theme that the last update broke…

+ benham92 on February 8th, 2012 at 6:53 am said:

Anyone know if the update is available of the support site? Cause it does not show for me as of yet, I prefer updating it via PC, downloading the update takes forever for me……..

+ saab01 on February 8th, 2012 at 7:03 am said:

First i would like to say hopefully i hope the clock issue being off is finally fixed and I will wait and see. Next is the PS Store down??? I keep getting a message saying the service is undergoing maintenance.

I still believe the following things are still key issues with the PS3.

1. We need to increase the cloud storage to at least 512 MB
2. The whole please wait the trophy sync is in progress has to go. Both at trophy collection and when pressing on your profile
3. Also the comparison of trophies both in game and on the XMB needs to be much quicker it should be instant and i shouldn’t have to wait.
4. The in game XMB is very bad and needs to be sped up.
5. We still need an option to clear corrupted files on the PS3
6. Also it would be nice to be able to delete Trophy data with 0 percent it just looks ugly.

+ timmy19888 on February 8th, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

my xmb is now slower and froze on me already and wouldnt let me do anything. and idk if its my game or the update but when i put in gran turismo 5 it tells me that my date and time isnt set correctly now.

+ timmy19888 on February 8th, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

@181. im glad you cant delete trophies. thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard. if you got 0% it just shows you wasnt good at it or you didnt care for the game. in miy case im not good at it. but im not caring cause in a year or 2 trophies aint gonna matter.

+ Caoztemoc on February 8th, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

My wireless stereo headset stopped working after the update.

I just doesn’t connect

it was working fine before the update

i change the usb dongle from one port to another and I get a message saying that an unknown device has been connected.

To be honest, I find it pretty annoying that a first party accessory is not working after an official update. A $100 official accessory

Can I even go back to a previous system update. Anyone knows ?

Thank you.

+ tosun01 on February 8th, 2012 at 7:13 am said:

lol Another buggy update.
I haven’t installed it yet, but I’m reading all kinds of things about it. The worst being VOIP, which isn’t working properly just after DICE fixed it on BF3.
I sure hope this is not mandatory. I’m sick tired of these crap updates released for no reason that just break everything else.

+ Sephir007 on February 8th, 2012 at 7:22 am said:

Thank you for improving the browser!!
Now we need an upgraded flash player, and a XMB youtube app would be nice, and not hard to implement.

Keep it up!

Having a working browser its a nice perk and a real advantage against the 360, if you keep getting better features for PS3 it will pay off, believe me.

+ IGriffoI on February 8th, 2012 at 7:26 am said:

PLEASE fix the backup utility. Currently, if there is any, tiny, piece of corrupted data, the entire backup will fail. The system doesn’t even give any help in determining where the corrupted data is. At the moment, the only solution is to reformat the PS3. This completely defeats the purpose of the backup utility.

Please address this issue. It’s been the same since 2006.

Thank you.

+ StealthBlade98 on February 8th, 2012 at 7:28 am said:

Honestly, idk if a new XMB would be feasible on PS3 cause while I think it could help make it use less money if made right, a new one might require additional ram memory the PS3 doesn’t have which is why we don’t even have cross game chat.

It’s a shame really. :(

+ TJF588 on February 8th, 2012 at 7:47 am said:

Want to say THANK YOU and FINALLY for automatic clock syncing. That’s one more fiddling off my mind.

As for those terms of service, I sent in a letter on behalf of myself and my immediate family regarding the retention of our, to put it bluntly, ability to sue you. That’s not dissolved with this new agreement, correct? Not that I ever really would, but it’s the principle of the matter.

+ TwinDad on February 8th, 2012 at 7:49 am said:

Just constructive criticism here.

Why do you publish the store at 6pm, then 1 hour or less later publish a forced update?

Unless I was watching the blog I would not have enough time to download and/or purchase items from the store without using the forced update. There are issues in the firmware, I wait a few days to install so that i can realize if it is worth updating with the known issues. Now I can’t buy anything or download my plus items.

You force me to update to use the store. It seems that there are other days of the week than Tuesday. Maybe use a Thursday for Firmware and Tuesday for the store?

+ TwinDad on February 8th, 2012 at 7:51 am said:

@TJF588,

Resend the letter. Often when a name of service changes, the law might not see your old letter as binding. Make sure to reference both PSN and SEN in your letter.

+ tribu_bianconera on February 8th, 2012 at 7:55 am said:

good

+ CjFlyness on February 8th, 2012 at 8:09 am said:

already downloaded it last night :)

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 8