Paragon

Feb 07

Feb 07

PS3 System Software Update (v4.10)

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, PlayStation Network

ps3

Hi, everyone. We are releasing a new system software update (v4.10) for PlayStation 3 today that will include a few minor changes that we want to make you all aware of.

First off, once you download the new system software, you will be asked to accept a change to our Terms of Service. In an effort for more unity between PlayStation Network (PSN) and other Sony Entertainment Network services, your “PSN Account” will now be named “Sony Entertainment Network Account.” Please note that this change is one in name only and will not change the PSN that you know and love. You’ll still play games online, still have access to the latest downloadable games and add-ons, and still experience a wide variety of movies, sports and music across PSN.

With this system software update (v4.10), we’ll also be updating the PS3 Internet Browser with improved display speed.

You can find more details after the firmware goes live here. We look forward to your feedback in the comments below.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

marcxman said:

February 8th, 8:10 am

Playstation is starting to piss me off….this 4.10 update is install and now i cant log in play mw3, echoing in my ps3 headphones…you make Xbox more valueable with all these mistakes by playstation…First you get hacked and cut us off for almost 3 months and now you giving us updates forcing us to update cause i got signed off in between a game, and i cant even get back online to play…This is so bad for business and im glad i kept my Xbox 360 although i hate the controller…PLAYSTATION STEP IT UP FOR REAL BECAUSE IF XBOX MAKES A MORE COMFORTABLE CONTROLLER(only reason i dont like it) I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY THAT I BEEN SUPPORTING SINCE PS1 ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!

CjFlyness said:

February 8th, 8:11 am

►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫
MUSIC RULEZ
►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫►►►►♪♪♪♫

ziggurcat said:

February 8th, 8:14 am

@187 you do understand that you can go into safe mode and repair system files, right?

X_FaDde2BLaCk_X said:

February 8th, 8:24 am

This firmware update still hasn’t fixed the problem with the dynamics themes. Many of the dynamic themes i purchased off the PS store don’t work properly. Like the Deus Ex dynamic theme for example, i payed 3$ for it and i can’t even use it wtf. I’ve been reading on the ps blog that many other people have had this problem since FW 4.00 PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!! I have over 10$ of purchased themes. Someone working for sony on this blog better read this, and reply PLEEEEEEASE!

ziggurcat said:

February 8th, 8:28 am

@189 the clause you’re referring to never took away your ability to sue, even if you never sent in your letter opting out of the clause.

and really… had there not been so many (likely) fat, lazy and litigious idiots last year suing over the silliest crap (and losing pretty badly in court, i might add) looking to make a quick buck, that clause wouldn’t have existed.

not to mention the fact that both EA and MS have identical clauses in their ToS agreements, yet it’s only a problem if sony includes it?

Ragbaby said:

February 8th, 8:32 am

@ 196 ziggurcat
How do you enter safe mode to take care of corrupted data? I deleted Resistance 3 from the hdd for space and instead of actually deleting it became corrupted.

A__S__L__A__N said:

February 8th, 8:46 am

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The “PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset” is bugged after “4.10 update”.
Please fix this problem!!!!!
I’m gonna keep posting here until someone from PS Blog replies back.

Kid_Fleetfoot said:

February 8th, 8:54 am

From what little I have seen, the browser is better for viewing web pages. While i’ll usually use my computer still, the improvement is appreciated.

v-X_SHADOW_X-v said:

February 8th, 8:55 am

i heard that the ps vita won’t be getting backward compatibility, Is that true?

v-X_SHADOW_X-v said:

February 8th, 8:56 am

i heard that the ps vita won’t be getting backward compatibility in the US, Is that true?

duffyboy1986 said:

February 8th, 9:03 am

now just let us use gif images for our background on xmb and that would be a good thing. (graphical interchange format)

iceweasel69 said:

February 8th, 9:12 am

The “PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset” is bugged after “4.10 update”.

This is my hardware:
PS3 80GB MGS edition, wireless stereo headset (Sony)

Here is what i’m experiencing:
1. echoing of my voice (loudly) in my headphones
2. poor connection (static when speaking)
3. I experience this within Black Ops, World at War and Battlefield 3

Please fix this. Post directions to stop the feedback in the headphones.

duffyboy1986 said:

February 8th, 9:51 am

oh yeah and they need to vix the live streaming issues for sites like tinychat, veetle its a movie streaming site and adthe.net its a live sports site

stackrabbit said:

February 8th, 9:55 am

So the same thing happens to me ever since the 4.0 update. Its not really a problem, just kinda awkward to have to delete the minis after i install them. i don’t remember if this happened for the PS1 Classics… And it DOESNT happen when i install PS3 games. weird. Great job PS. Cant Wait 4 Vita!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brolol07 said:

February 8th, 9:58 am

I like what you did to the internet browser by making it html5 compatible. Now could we just have the current Flash player then it would be a great web browser.

stackrabbit said:

February 8th, 9:59 am

Have not yet experienced any issues from the update. I dont have the stereo headset so i dont know bout that.

Karsghul said:

February 8th, 10:08 am

Use of twitch tv and twitter is all I needed. But its still crashing and gametrailers doesn’t work unless I download the videos to my hdd.

Budmaceone said:

February 8th, 10:20 am

why in the 5+ years has the PSN had no real significant upgrades to its interface? The store, xmb and overall navigation feel light years behind the XBL. Are there any plans to give it a facelift and incorporate some more user friendly navigation mechanics/filtering?

NorthernAvengeR said:

February 8th, 10:34 am

Install update. Play game 1 hour. 60GB model PS3 turns itself off and red light starts blinking.

I’ve never had this issue before and now my PS3 can only stay on for 2 minutes before it auto shuts down and the power indicator starts blinking. Coincidence?

Ironic how I was considering buying a slim to spare my launch unit last week and now this happens.

NorthernAvengeR said:

February 8th, 10:52 am

Reading the comments and other blogs I see I’m not alone. Can we expect any word on this?

Richards24 said:

February 8th, 11:00 am

@Eric Lempel

I own the recently released Sony Playstation Headset, and after the update I can now hear my voice and noices in my room through my headset speakers. I really don’t like this, is there anyway I can change this?

iceweasel69 said:

February 8th, 11:01 am

The “PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset” is bugged after “4.10 update”.
This is my hardware:
PS3 80GB MGS edition, wireless stereo headset (Sony)
Here is what i’m experiencing:
1. echoing of my voice (loudly) in my headphones
2. poor connection (static when speaking)
3. I experience this within Black Ops, World at War and Battlefield 3
Please fix this. Post directions to stop the feedback in the headphones.

violentd87 said:

February 8th, 11:03 am

on next update…, would be cool if there could be more visualizations on the music player on the playstation 3 system itself instead of only 2. PLEASE PLAYSTATION MAKE IT SO!!! :)

phantom2k88 said:

February 8th, 11:18 am

‘Why are people rating this high? Sony is just putting more limitations on us like every other update for the last 2 years. Sad. I really had high hopes for PS3 this generation. Now all I can do is regret ever going with them. PC will win the next war’

swisstylez said:

February 8th, 11:19 am

Was about time thankss

johnny_toastburn said:

February 8th, 11:37 am

It’s not that I don’t appreciate the browser update, even if it does nothing more than acknowledge the browser is terrible. But PLEASE, I beseech you, can you make it compatible with Flash Player? It could do SO much if Flash worked…

Zz-N1ght-zZ said:

February 8th, 11:49 am

I downloaded the 4.10 update. But I don’t really notice a difference. Also, I downloaded the update this morning. I logged on 15minutes ago and was able to sign in and it never asked me to accept the terms or service

Stackcluster said:

February 8th, 11:58 am

updating the browser after 6 years, holy finally batman !

zequi3tc said:

February 8th, 11:58 am

My internet connection is very slow, When will I be able to download it from the PS site?

GetChow said:

February 8th, 12:02 pm

Where can I download the 4.10 update via my PC? I have the 4.00 but just need the 4.10 patch. All I can find is the link for the 4.00 update. Please help my internet is down at my house so want to download to a flash drive and install so when my internet is fixed I can just jump online.

mrhalford said:

February 8th, 12:14 pm

how about letting us delete trophies for games we no longer play/own? My trophy folder is getting full.

Brandon_2535 said:

February 8th, 12:28 pm

I don’t know if anyone realized this, but the official Sony PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset already had mic audio playback through the headset itself before this current firmware update. If you rub the mic before going online, you can hear the feedback through the headset. So, you were technically able to hear yourself before, it was just nearly impossible unless you were really close to the mic. I don’t mind being able to hear myself, I think it’s sort of nice. However, I do not like the static that the headset is picking up after the firmware update. Also, the mic should not be able to pick up noises that are happening in another room, that’s annoying as well. I’m not sure if other people can hear those extra noises or just the user, but it’s annoying either way. At least the headset still works fine when playing offline, but it has become a nuisance to use online.

PS_Crow_T_Robot said:

February 8th, 12:30 pm

On the next update could you please add an option to sort games alphabetically, get ride of the warning screen on startup, and make Plus specific menus not appear unless you actually have a Plus subscription.

MarioTBK said:

February 8th, 12:37 pm

Does anyone come to this blog to do anything besides complain like everything is the end of the world? Too bad theres no such thing as a whiney kid filter for my browser or something, or for the poor people who manage this blog.

Anyway, what does this name change do? Like does this allow us to use our present PSN account on other services?

nikrel said:

February 8th, 12:37 pm

The “PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset” is bugged after “4.10 update”.
This is my hardware:
PS3 Slim 120GB, wireless stereo headset (Sony)
Here is what i’m experiencing:

1. echoing of my voice (loudly) in my headphones
2. poor connection (static when speaking)
3. I experience this within DC Universe Online, Modern Warfare 3.
Please fix this. Post directions to stop the feedback in the headphones.

NotoriousGamer said:

February 8th, 12:42 pm

Get rid of the health message. the brower still is slow and freezes. trophy compare systems needs speed up. sync trophies needs major speed up. there needs to be standardized game names in the tropy database and not “Dynasty WaRRIOR””” GAme Trophy SEt etc.

DaGimp13 said:

February 8th, 12:53 pm

JJeff Rubensteinn is all over the Headset bug & Inferno Pool for PS+ members. last night was quite a bungling for sony. 1st they forgot to drop a game for Plus subs, Inferno Pool ($9.99), which was to be free on Feb 7th. Jeff isn’t sure if it was a typo that was in the February Preview For Plus, or if the store forgot it, but it’ll be out in next weeks update for sure.

as for the headset bug, Jeff is aware of it, and is currently escalating it to the right people. we should have this fixed asap! :)

Schmeghead2010 said:

February 8th, 12:55 pm

Sony….I can hear myself breathing and talking in my Sony Wireless Headset. This is in addition to static and whining frequency noise garbage. Please fix this as soon as possible!

EnaNo91766 said:

February 8th, 12:56 pm

why cant u guys put a youtube app n facebook n also pandora radio

Tm4ps said:

February 8th, 1:00 pm

Definitely need improvements to the Browser. When my computer is down and I want to look something up online, my phone is 10 x faster . It’s like PS3 only has dial up speed!

HeySumbode said:

February 8th, 1:03 pm

I’m also getting that same problem with my Wireless Stereo Headset… :(
Pre- update 4.10 my Headset was just amazzzzzzzzzing… But now, it just doesn’t feel the same… *sigh*

aradvanced said:

February 8th, 1:08 pm

Quite a few people complaining about the problem with 4.1 firmware and Sony Wireless Stereo Headset and the only response from Sony was for someone who thought PSN would be renamed SEN… /sigh

excaliber45 said:

February 8th, 1:16 pm

…Sony releases a broken update and all they can do afterwards is talk about the Vita. My chances of buying a Vita decrease that much more.

ZERO_169 said:

February 8th, 1:22 pm

It’s times like these that make me upset. I have not yet updated my PS3, and I won’t until I hear that everything is taken care of.
I just per-ordered my PS Vita yesterday. Don’t make me regret my decision.

FIX THE PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset issue!!!

MR_Punkfreak69- said:

February 8th, 1:25 pm

They should really change the start up menu like where it says friends n stuff cause i think its just getting old now

gameboybp said:

February 8th, 1:34 pm

How’s about some cross game chat Sony!?

r3STlesSgh0st said:

February 8th, 1:43 pm

Just did the update. Browser completely locks up PS3 Now. Have had to force a restart at least 3 times now. Freezes before I can even get into browser menu to clear anything.

Guinnessgulper said:

February 8th, 1:52 pm

The new ToS agreement is so full of errors it can’t possibly be legally binding. For example all throughout the doc it refers to the IMPORTANT arbitration section as “section 15” when in fact the arbitration section is SIXTEEN. Could invalidate the whole agreement. What moron wrote this? And more importantly, what (former) employee edited it?

IcedViper22 said:

February 8th, 1:52 pm

why is it not posted on the website yet? I would like to do some online gaming and for some reason can’t download it through my PS3 so i need the PC download to transfer it to my computer. A little behind. Come on seriously!?

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 8