PS4 - Destiny

Starhawk: Limited Edition and Box Art Revealed

Chuck Lacson's Avatar + Posted by Chuck Lacson on Feb 07, 2012 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Greetings PlayStation Blogosphere! If you have been playing the Public Beta or have been tracking Starhawk online, you may have noticed that we’ve tacked on more and more reasons for you to pick up this Build & Battle epic on May 8th: a badass hero, transforming mechs, and outer space dogfights just to name a few.

Well, here’s one more reason: The Starhawk Limited Edition!

Starhawk for PS3: Limited Edition

Starting today, anyone who pre-orders Starhawk at GameStop will automatically upgrade to the Limited Edition version of the game. This version comes with over $20 worth of bonus content, including two DLC packs that contain new maps and multiplayer skins, plus sweet extras like the soundtrack and a PSN download of original Warhawk from PSone. We are confident Starhawk will be one of the best PS3 experiences you’ve ever had, so we hope this gives you even more reason to join the fun day one.

We are also happy to share our official packfront art for the first time. Behold!

Starhawk

This art was designed not to just give player a glimpse of the brutal Starhawk universe, but to give a little insight into our main character Emmett Graves, a man who won’t back down from a fight. We hope you dig both the packfront and that the Limited Edition makes you want to pre-order your copy. Keep tracking PlayStation.Blog for more Starhawk news leading up to launch…or just jump into the Starhawk Beta! Starting today, you’ll be able to get free early access codes on both GameStop’s and PlayStation’s Facebook pages.

Starhawk Limited Edition Contents

• Maw of Despair Outcast Pack: Includes the Maw of Despair Co-op Map and Shade Warrior MP Skin
    This challenging co-op mission takes place deep beneath the planet’s surface in a particularly dangerous Rift mine. The Maw of Despair is home to the oldest Outcast tribe, the Shade Warriors. The heart of each Shade Warrior blazes with pure Rift energy, granting them extra toughness and combat ability. The firefights you’ll encounter in the Maw of Despair co-op mission will push your shooting skills to the edge!
  • Echo Scrapyard Rifter Pack: Includes the Scrapyard Homeworld and Huxley Ardin MP Skin
    An exclusive player Homeworld, the Echo Scrapyard features Huxley’s mechanics shop and junkyard — known throughout the Frontier as the best place in the Frontier for Rifters to get spare parts for their Razorbacks and Sidewinders. And in the canyon basin below, Huxley’s shop is a network of roads and trails for players to hone their own Razorback 4×4 and Sidewinder Jetbike driving skills.
  • Starhawk Concept Art PS3 Theme: Decorate your PS3 with the amazing concept art that help bring the Starhawk Universe to life. Only available through the Starhawk Limited Edition.
  • Copy of the Original Warhawk (PSone): Download and play the title that started it all!
  • Official Starhawk Soundtrack: Christopher Lennertz’s sweeping original score available as a PSN download.

76 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ LongbowAVRiL on February 7th, 2012 at 6:06 am said:

Looks cool, can’t wait to get it.

+ afiqltd on February 7th, 2012 at 6:09 am said:

the cover art’s lookin’ sweet >:D

+ WarHawk_ on February 7th, 2012 at 6:11 am said:

Nice.. Definitely getting this one, StarHawk is awesome and so are the people over at LBI and SM.
They are doing a great job and I can’t wait for the game to be released :D

+ AgitoKoyoto on February 7th, 2012 at 6:13 am said:

Wish I could get this! With me having Playstation Vita Wifi model with 8GB Memory stick, Dynasty Warriors Next, PS Vita starter kit pre-ordered. I don’t think I can get this ):

+ AgitoKoyoto on February 7th, 2012 at 6:13 am said:

Not to mention I have to buy a new Blu-Ray for my PS3 since mine went out.

+ DJHaole on February 7th, 2012 at 6:17 am said:

All over this edition!!!

+ BlindsideDork on February 7th, 2012 at 6:17 am said:

Is it just me or do devs like to jump on this “limited edition” bandwagon even though it really isn’t that limited?

+ ArkumsRazor on February 7th, 2012 at 6:19 am said:

Is this a Gamestop exclusive?

+ Chase167 on February 7th, 2012 at 6:23 am said:

boooooo this game is a let down
the should add the better game which is warhawk for the ps3 to the package
starhawk is boring

+ eggmiester28 on February 7th, 2012 at 6:26 am said:

nice and i may just have to pre order the game but i don’t play games online so the skins and maps would do little good

+ WHITESABBATH on February 7th, 2012 at 6:27 am said:

@ ArkumsRazor Yes, it appears to be a Gamestop exclusive.

+ Enforcer_X on February 7th, 2012 at 6:29 am said:

Is Amazon going to get some of this love?

+ Elvick_ on February 7th, 2012 at 6:31 am said:

@9 What the hell would be the point of that? Just buy Warhawk if you want it, it’s $20 or less everywhere by now. Why buy a new game for $60 ($70 in Canada) for a game you could get for 3 times less?

Think man.

+ Blade133 on February 7th, 2012 at 6:31 am said:

Thank you so much for doing this. Giving consumers additional incentives for buying the game new (or pre-ordering), is a much better practice than taking features away with an online pass.

+ SpyDudeFX on February 7th, 2012 at 6:37 am said:

Looks sweet but I hope that theme is dynamic? And what about adding a cool exclusive avatar to the mix?

+ Blkant on February 7th, 2012 at 6:39 am said:

Soundtrack alone makes this well worth it honestly. I must say this is the first MP game in a LONG time that I’ve really become addicted to. I honestly cannot wait to see what else you guys aren’t letting us see/play, and of course, the SP. :)

+ DeadSpider on February 7th, 2012 at 6:43 am said:

I will have this preordered before nightfall. Regardless, please tell me there will be a Collectors Edition as well. I require more goodies :-p

+ DarkOne_PR on February 7th, 2012 at 6:46 am said:

AWWWW YEA! I literally Downloaded the beta just now and played a few rounds and all i have to say is….

ITS FREAKING AWESOME! Buying day one! Congrats guys u have made such a good ambient on the game it almost feel to me like a mix of Gears Of War with a little bit of Killzone and obviously WarHawk! Its awesome im loving it. weapons are balanced, hawks are powerful but not invincible, Respawning is awesome, buliding is awesome…. still dont know how to get a sniper for myself thou… i kill them and take them from them… :P

All in All awesome game thanks! (I work at gamestop so i get a discount on games too so that makes it a better deal XD)

+ remanutd5 on February 7th, 2012 at 6:52 am said:

is this gamestop exclusive only ? how about best buy or sony store? amazon ? and how much is the limited edition? man im getting the vita first edition bundle , uncharted golden abyss , modnation racers , wipeout 2048 and escape plan on feb 15th , i wanted to get twisted metal but warhawk still remains my best online experience on the system so i will get starhawk limited edition and in the summer ( if i get time to play ) i’ll get twisted metal but then again Resistance Burning Skies and Little big planet vita are coming out in the summer oh my god so many great games bah , i dont kow what to do

+ blazsox on February 7th, 2012 at 6:52 am said:

So this Limited Edition is Gamestop exclusive or will other retailers be offering this?

+ dragonmagician on February 7th, 2012 at 6:53 am said:

I preordered Starhawk after E3 last year (ie; June 2011)…but from Future Shop (Canada); so it doesn’t sound like I’ll be getting this Limited Edition? I guess this is what happens when I preorder early.

+ RydogV on February 7th, 2012 at 6:54 am said:

Just pre-ordered my PS Vita so when I pick-up on the 22nd I will be pre-ordering this. The Beta has been a blast and the Build & Battle system makes the whole experience that much better and more strategic. May 8th couldn’t come quick enough…but at least there are several more weeks of Beta action to be had.

However, I agree with SpyDudeFX…an Exclusive Avatar would be the icing on the cake ;)

+ M_Blindfold on February 7th, 2012 at 6:57 am said:

Is this US only, or do we get the same deal from Gamestop in EU as well?

+ OniEyes on February 7th, 2012 at 7:04 am said:

I hate facebook and their monopoly over social networking more than i hate micro$oft. Could you tweet some beta codes on Twitter please?

+ La_maravich_22 on February 7th, 2012 at 7:08 am said:

Nice job

+ BlindsideDork on February 7th, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

@M_Blindfold

If it was Europe…wouldn’t the Europe Blog post it?

+ beno377 on February 7th, 2012 at 7:15 am said:

this is great but wil there be a COLLECTORS EDITION or is this it:(

+ JLP_M on February 7th, 2012 at 7:18 am said:

Geez, read the articles guys!

+ Guardian_Bob on February 7th, 2012 at 7:19 am said:

Pre-ordered with Amazon, last year. I’m sorry, but I’m morally opposed to GameStop.

My hope is that people like me will get some kind of love as well. I don’t care if I have to pay more to get it.

+ Dariel93 on February 7th, 2012 at 7:33 am said:

Cool but just gamestop, how about amazon or other shops, show them some love I always buy my games from amazon

+ Vyprstryke on February 7th, 2012 at 7:38 am said:

Typically games that ONLY offer these sweet editions through gamestop get a pass and bought used or new off ebay from me. I hate gamestop. Please tell me this will be offered through Amazon as well…

+ Stringer2355 on February 7th, 2012 at 7:50 am said:

No Sale, all that has been shown is multiplayer, which is boring. no single player footage. no 3D support. I would rather play Warhawk than this game.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on February 7th, 2012 at 7:51 am said:

This is a tough choice. I’m not really impressed with the beta after having 3 years on and off of Warhawk.

+ John-Shooter on February 7th, 2012 at 8:02 am said:

i just dont see the point in buying the LE CE SE versions of games anymore.. because nothing really remains “exclusive” to the people that buy them except for the stupid toys and stuff..

+ OregoniaRoadRacR on February 7th, 2012 at 8:20 am said:

Looks Cool!

+ ERC1980 on February 7th, 2012 at 8:46 am said:

Hello Chuck

any chance we’ll see a collectors edition?

i think a nicely detailed replica starhawk figurine would rock

+ jason_ac on February 7th, 2012 at 8:54 am said:

Excellent! Are there going to be other editions as well? Such as Collector’s Edition?

What is a Homeworld map? A SP map? A MP map?

+ Enigma777 on February 7th, 2012 at 8:55 am said:

Sweet! Just preordered my copy. Can’t wait!

+ packy17 on February 7th, 2012 at 9:00 am said:

Was about to preorder… Until I saw that this was for GaneStop only. No thanks. Make it available o Amazon or another more reputable retailer and you’ve got a deal.

+ nandosupes on February 7th, 2012 at 9:08 am said:

Make this available thru Amazon or no buy,Gamestop is evil.

+ KingTx88 on February 7th, 2012 at 9:11 am said:

The Beta is sweet, I think I’ll definitely be pre-ordering the Limited Edition version of StarHawk. :-)

+ T-Cal on February 7th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

F*** Gamestop! Show some love towards Best Buy or Amazon, Thanks :)

+ FearMonkey on February 7th, 2012 at 9:32 am said:

Gamestop is a terrible company and I don’t buy anything from them. So I’m sorry to say I won’t be buying this game from GameStop. Sorry, Sony, but please stop giving these thieves exclusives. They don’t deserve them.

+ Ethereal on February 7th, 2012 at 9:39 am said:

Awesome! I will be preordering this asap. Although are other retailers getting the limited edition as well? I avoid gamestop at all costs.

+ Enigma777 on February 7th, 2012 at 9:45 am said:

Wait, this is Gamestop only?! WTF!!!

Ugh, I’m sorry but I will not support Gamestop. I will also not order an inferior version for the same price. You just lost a sale.

+ Zeer0id on February 7th, 2012 at 9:47 am said:

Wow, fantastic box art! Absolutely love it.

+ Burly109 on February 7th, 2012 at 9:57 am said:

Absolutely love the beta and cannot WAIT for this game to hit my console – all fully released and Limited Edition-like.

+ KwietStorm on February 7th, 2012 at 9:58 am said:

You just had to use CrimeStop

+ beno377 on February 7th, 2012 at 10:06 am said:

you guys embarres me, just buy the game support santa monica, who cares if its gamestop.

+ time17 on February 7th, 2012 at 10:17 am said:

Going to pre order it now looks cool

PAGE 1 2