Uncharted 4

Twisted Metal University Lesson 2: Vehicle Tactics

Chad Cox's Avatar + Posted by Chad Cox on Feb 10, 2012 // Producer, Twisted Metal

Today’s lesson focuses on risk vs. reward in the high-stakes world of vehicular combat. Experienced Twisted Metal players have long known that the highest-damage attacks require quite a bit of risk, and this 2012 revival is no exception. Whether you’re swooping in close to deliver a point-blank Shotgun blast or charging up the devastating Swarmer missile, Twisted Metal’s sprawling arsenal requires a firm, steady hand.

Watch today’s new video to learn how to best manage high-risk special attacks such as Roadkill’s devastating Blood Missile Barrage and Reaper’s Flamesaw — two of the most lethal weapons in the game. Then use this knowledge to give you a headstart on multiplayer combat this February 14th when Twisted Metal finally lands on PS3!

25 Comments

+ Dosx001 on February 10th, 2012 at 6:48 am said:

I’ll watch it when I come home. :)

+ SnaKE-EaTeR27 on February 10th, 2012 at 6:48 am said:

TM2 veteran here, I love this series. Thanks to Eat Sleep Play, Sony, and everybody involved for making this game happen. I played the demo a little bit and really enjoyed it. These university videos are pretty kickass

+ Dosx001 on February 10th, 2012 at 6:56 am said:

Well I made time and just got to say ROADKILL!!!!

+ migcantester23 on February 10th, 2012 at 7:11 am said:

cool

+ Go_Buddie_Go on February 10th, 2012 at 7:31 am said:

I’ve been using Reaper, Talon, and Outlaw a lot in the demo. However I didn’t know about the timer thing for the sniper rifle where if you target long enough it’ll do more damage. I need money to buy this game… AND FAST! Release date is close D:

+ Me_Not_You2 on February 10th, 2012 at 7:37 am said:

Cant wait to try the tips.
Thx

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on February 10th, 2012 at 7:44 am said:

i said it once and i will say it again…this game is AMAZING!!. and hopefully i can play TM:Black on my PS Vita when i get it with Twisted Metal.

+ Snowgoons on February 10th, 2012 at 7:52 am said:

2 words: Hell. Yes.

+ MarinoBrea on February 10th, 2012 at 8:24 am said:

TWISTED METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ PaperCarrier on February 10th, 2012 at 8:28 am said:

I could never figure out how to correctly use the Sniper weapon on the demo, Do you hold down anything while aiming and how do you get the laser?

+ PaperCarrier on February 10th, 2012 at 8:31 am said:

Definitely getting the game on Tuesday. I wanted to continue playing the demo in the meantime but it’s expired and I can’t find another one to download. Wasn’t it supposed to be extended up to February 13 ?

+ playaplus on February 10th, 2012 at 8:51 am said:

i like using roadkill

+ thegiblet75 on February 10th, 2012 at 9:30 am said:

Too bad they didn’t have these out before the demo…would have had a much better idea why I was not doing so well ;-) I am a TM2 veteran…

+ twistedfloyd on February 10th, 2012 at 10:44 am said:

Great videos! Keep these coming. Learning a lot about new weapons! Thank you! Just four more days!!!!!

+ grashopper on February 10th, 2012 at 11:16 am said:

So is Roadkill and Death Warrant pretty much the same car? The special weapon looks very similar …

+ Submish on February 10th, 2012 at 1:21 pm said:

@PaperCarrier Select the sniper rifle then you’ll see the timer start and you have to aim at someone keep your aim on them as the timer counts down itll zoom in on the car then fire!! Hope that helps…

+ xPREDICTIONx on February 10th, 2012 at 2:08 pm said:

dope!!!

+ Type-F- on February 10th, 2012 at 4:03 pm said:

already got mine pre-ordered :)

+ bgardner on February 11th, 2012 at 12:00 am said:

tm going to kick some big ass

+ DarkEde on February 11th, 2012 at 2:04 am said:

Another informative video. Trying to distract myself with other games but I can’t. Twisted Metal!!!

+ TheSemonDemon on February 11th, 2012 at 7:12 am said:

I hope they release mr. slam as dlc, hes the best!

+ DarkEde on February 11th, 2012 at 3:00 pm said:

PaperCarrier, Jaffe thought the demo was extended but apparently Sony had different plans.

Hey, what’s with my avatar? The standard smiley face is not the one I picked. Did I miss something? Am I hacked? Hm.

+ PaperCarrier on February 12th, 2012 at 10:39 am said:

Too bad there are no plans for DLC releases for the game. I’d probably end up buying them all if there were any coming after the games release.

+ jokenhatchet on February 13th, 2012 at 4:40 pm said:

SONY WILL THERE BE ANY AVATARS FOR TWISTID METAL AND WHY DID YOU GUYS TAKE DOWN THE DEMO SO EARLY o_O BECAUSE FOR THE FIRST WEEK AND A HALF MOST PPL COULDNT GET IN A ONLINE GAME DUE TO MATCHMAKER ERRORS

+ jokenhatchet on February 13th, 2012 at 4:46 pm said:

ID WOULD BUY DLC FOR TM IF THEY MAKE ANY HOPEFULLY IT IS A SMASH HIT SO WE CAN GET DLC I PREOREDED JUST FOR THIS REASON