PS4-The Order

PS Vita Livechat Starts at 3pm Pacific

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Feb 13, 2012 // Sr. Social Media Manager

Live streaming by Ustream

If you see a white space above here – please refresh the page – you should then see the livestream. If you’re still having issues watching, please click here.

The PlayStation Vita: after over a year of hype, the first of us will get to take one home (or on a plane, train, submarine, or hot air balloon) this week. The Vita is more than just a shiny OLED screen and dual analog sticks; it’s a complex, cutting edge device, and we know you have questions about some of its finer points.

Over the weekend we took questions via Twitter, and today John Koller and I will be answering many of them and demoing features as appropriate. No smoke and mirrors, we’ll do it live!

And for those of you who think you already know everything there is to know about PS Vita, we’ll show a few other things to you for the first time. It all starts at 3pm Pacific/6pm Eastern, so see you then!

144 Comments

+ thequick1 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

What is the free PSN Game that comes with the 3G Model? and Jeff how are those Playstation MINIS!! BEYOOOND!

+ johnnybuze on February 13th, 2012 at 3:34 pm said:

Are the speakers louder on the Vita than the PSP’s?

+ pwnallofu on February 13th, 2012 at 3:35 pm said:

what is the graphics comparison to ps3 and other systems

+ tranquility101 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

It kinda sounds like they’re only answering questions that they already gathered from Twitter over the weekend? Think that’s what I heard him say…

+ johnnybuze on February 13th, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

Is there a God of War game in development for the Vita?

+ UR-x-RapToR on February 13th, 2012 at 3:36 pm said:

Not sure if it has been answered anywhere but will the PS Vita 3G cost monthly to use or is that the reason why the 3G version costs more-you don’t have to pay monthly so you pay the money at once?

+ sTEaDy_caSHFloW on February 13th, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

Will 3G support online gaming? Or just WiFi?

+ messerCZ on February 13th, 2012 at 3:37 pm said:

I expected better graphic. It slightly plaid. But i see only videos … So I donĀ“t know. :( But I like the TOPHIES on portable console! :)

+ BLACK-DOOM on February 13th, 2012 at 3:38 pm said:

I was wondering if that the PS Vita would have like a open App market, to get other independent publishers have their contents getting used on the Vita?

Also thank you for clarifying and answering questions.

+ NOSAj-D on February 13th, 2012 at 3:38 pm said:

Regarding the first edition bundle. What does it mean by a free PSN game? Can you elaborate? Is it any game?

+ zionseeker on February 13th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

Media Go … why can’t we transfer movies and games from our Media Go purchases over to the VITA?

+ DemoniOtaku on February 13th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

@lvsAS: – UMvC3 n PS3 can use PSVita as Controller, althoug I’m not sure if You need both games….

And my other concern is, Any Possibility of PS2 Classics for Vita?

+ unluckycanada on February 13th, 2012 at 3:39 pm said:

nevermind the vita where is the ps4?

+ DBGT_bh on February 13th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

is 3G support in Bahrain?

+ thebgj on February 13th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

is this seth rogan’s little brother?

+ abukii on February 13th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

Any word on 3D support?

+ possyunite12 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:41 pm said:

Can u explain and walkthrough the Party app, pls!!!

+ tranquility101 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

Quote: “Over the weekend we took questions via Twitter, and today John Koller and I will be answering many of them…”

They’re answering questions FROM TWITTER, not FROM HERE. :) Just sayin’.

+ GELder1266 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

(Gelder sounds like Helder)
Will you guys put add ons for the Vita later in the future?

+ polo155 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:42 pm said:

hey Jeff, anything on the LocationFree, figured i ask here as well, thanks!

+ FORMIK on February 13th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

This is something I’ve never heard brought up, but would like for the Vita:

- is it possible you could include a Sony Reader app? Great games aside, I would also like to read e-books time to time.

+ ninjastranger on February 13th, 2012 at 3:43 pm said:

Can we trade our old PSP for a discount on the PSP vita? Pleas answer.

+ simple2simple on February 13th, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

I am not getting a resistance burning skies voucher? NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

+ Bleach2903 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

Can you make video calls with other PS Vitas around?

+ matty_1-rule on February 13th, 2012 at 3:44 pm said:

i really want to know how much the 3g will cost as im really interested in it but i dont want to bust my pocket

+ BlindsideDork on February 13th, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

Are you going to post a list of people who’s questions you answered…I missed just about ALL of it.

+ utopianacht on February 13th, 2012 at 3:45 pm said:

if I’m streaming content or playing remotely on my vita, the PS3 can continuing downloading some content on background?

+ ninjastranger on February 13th, 2012 at 3:46 pm said:

Where there ever be different colors to the PSP vita?

+ sha4dowknight05 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:47 pm said:

Just wondering, is there any plans for a 3G model for Canada???

If there is what are the plans available???

+ D-Squad3 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:47 pm said:

What about a Youtube App? Will the web browser ever get flash?

+ mchief22 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:47 pm said:

With guys like jeff Rubinstein and John koller working for the playstation brand I don’t know how the vita can fail!! Seem like really cool dudes and tell it how it is.

+ Logan22 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:47 pm said:

Is there a way to watch this somehow outside the stream? I missed the first half or so due to work :(

+ Khary268 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

Why is the launch PRICE for the PSP-Vita so high? Almost $300 is kinda pushing it Playstation. To launch at $199 might have been a better enticement to purchase.

+ Adrance on February 13th, 2012 at 3:48 pm said:

Will the recording of this stream be available later? I missed the beginning where I’m afraid you said something about the Wifi version not having a built in GPS.

+ TheChaosDivision on February 13th, 2012 at 3:49 pm said:

I already bought stardust delta Do i get a $9.99 Credit?

+ Dharos on February 13th, 2012 at 3:49 pm said:

Awesome livechat!

+ Calent on February 13th, 2012 at 3:49 pm said:

it there going to be a place where we can re-watch this from the beginning, or a transcript?

+ XFRod on February 13th, 2012 at 3:50 pm said:

Super StarDust Delta w/ the day-one DLC content is the free PSN game, for those that missed that part of the broadcast.

+ TheChaosDivision on February 13th, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

This just seems like a bunch of commercials whats the deal?

+ nielkainama93 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

If i buy PSVita 3G+Wifi at the US, can i use the 3G in Asia with the local SIM?

+ TheMario8106 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:52 pm said:

Heyy Where Do You Get A PS Vista For Free!? I Need One!!! :O
P.S. What Game Is The Game Of The Year So Far? o.O

+ thebgj on February 13th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

I like how they say they are going to answer the questions live but they are questions from the weekend. so they had time to think of answers and there was a teleprompter????

sounds very LIVE

+ ultrajon on February 13th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

YAY! TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

+ luvtoseek on February 13th, 2012 at 3:54 pm said:

Jeff & John, good job on the live stream. Very informative & you guys make a friendly duo on screen. The box art for Resistance looks fantastic! My Vita, games, & accessories will be here late Feb… waiting for a new hardware release is like a terrible joke.

I have a question, will the the firmware for the US launched models match the firmware of the Vitas in Japan?

Congrates to those who won Resistance for the Vita!

+ ImPaCTxX- on February 13th, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

you guys should see me spazzing out all during school yelling “2 MORE DAYS” no1 really knows what im talking about LMFAO but they all are afraid cuz i’ve never been so excited for ANYTHINGGGG
2 MORE DAYS!

+ polo155 on February 13th, 2012 at 3:55 pm said:

This is a nice PSN/ESN feature using UStream so I guess this is watchable on PS Home as well!

I wish they said all Vitas will ship wedendays lol

LocationFree Player Software Pretty Please.

+ asdfsamuel on February 13th, 2012 at 3:57 pm said:

The live chat is basically over now…

+ JNA_007 on February 13th, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

Will AT&T be the only service for 3G?

+ LilAnthony12 on February 13th, 2012 at 4:00 pm said:

will vita be able to play all ps3 games with remote play on the go, or what?

+ Solid_Ian on February 13th, 2012 at 4:02 pm said:

I’m really hoping I get one for my birthday on the 24th. :)