PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Mass Effect 3 Demo Coming Today to PSN

Jessica Merizan's Avatar + Posted by Jessica Merizan on Feb 14, 2012 // BioWare Community & Social Media Manager

Mass Effect 3 for PS3

Hello everyone! Mass Effect 3’s new demo is launching later today on the PlayStation Network. Voted “Most Anticipated Game of 2012” at the Spike Video Game Awards, Mass Effect 3 plunges you into the boots of Commander Shepard, a decorated marine and war hero, as players lead the charge in an all-out galactic war against a nearly unstoppable foe.

Today marks the arrival of our single-player demo for the PS3, giving you a taste of what to expect when Commander Shepard takes Earth back on March 6th. When you download and play the demo, you’ll see that how you fight the war is entirely up to you. Choose your appearance and pick from a variety of specialized combat classes, each with unique and devastating abilities. As you progress in this war, you’ll choose which abilities to specialize in, which weapons to bring into battle, and which characters will join you in combat.

Mass Effect 3 for PS3

There’s more to this demo, though – starting on February 17th, PS3 owners will be able to play multiplayer for the first time in the Mass Effect universe! As a special bonus, Battlefield 3 owners who have redeemed an online pass on the PlayStation Network will get early access to the multiplayer demo starting today, February 14.

I’d say more, but I’ve got Valentine’s Day plans with Commander Shepard! Check out the demo when the PlayStation Store updates this afternoon.

To keep up with the latest updates on Mass Effect 3, “Like” us on Facebook. After you’ve finished the demo, let us know what you think by tweeting us @masseffect.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6

+ Valyntine on February 14th, 2012 at 6:15 pm said:

It’s great that it’s up and all, but we still missed a whole day of multiplayer. :\

+ CynicalNerd on February 14th, 2012 at 6:19 pm said:

I purchased it on my 8 PSN accounts and rated it a 1 on each one. No reason, im just a d***.

+ PobattiUSA on February 14th, 2012 at 6:19 pm said:

Actually, this is going pretty well – I expected the servers to struggle with demand.

I’m getting speeds of 300Kb/s from my USB dongle on dial-up, I’m 7% done already and there’s only just-under 2 hours left. I’ll be playing this baby today :)

+ Thee_X_7T on February 14th, 2012 at 6:19 pm said:

Lowest BANDWIDTH ON Ethernet Cables! :(
& Thats THE Best I Can GET IN MY NECK OF THE Country! :(

+ Jimusmc5 on February 14th, 2012 at 6:21 pm said:

its 3rd person, 3rd person multiplayer sucks balls. who cares

+ Wanderer_09 on February 14th, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

Where the heck is it? I cannot find it!!! Does Sony hate the Northeast??

+ PobattiUSA on February 14th, 2012 at 6:24 pm said:

It’s 2:22 where I am at the moment, and my girlfriend is in bed. It’s great I can play a version of the game that doesn’t require me to yell commands at the screen because that would wake her up.

+ PobattiUSA on February 14th, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

@205

Use the search function

+ DonDoodelino on February 14th, 2012 at 6:25 pm said:

30% YAAAW :D
Everyone who is new to this game should really play as Vanguard, the class is hard at the beginning but later the charge attack with combined bullettime and a nice shotgun is pure fun!

+ PobattiUSA on February 14th, 2012 at 6:28 pm said:

I’m so jealous, everyone has broadband but me :(

+ KentaTakashi on February 14th, 2012 at 6:30 pm said:

1% wooo

+ Wanderer_09 on February 14th, 2012 at 6:32 pm said:

Thanks for the tip! Found it – but I won’t be able to play until tomorrow – darn work!!! :-(

+ mouthcrabdez on February 14th, 2012 at 6:36 pm said:

4%!

I’m going to be playing before anyone else! :D

GOTTA GO FAST! :DDDDDD

+ angelspawn77 on February 14th, 2012 at 6:37 pm said:

downloading now, this is gonna take at least 2 hours >_<

+ Carnait on February 14th, 2012 at 6:39 pm said:

@199 They did not say the multiplayer would only be up until the 17th, they said the 17th was when it would be available for non-battlefield owners. We may have missed a day, but it’s not as dire a circumstance as you may think.

+ mike_iz_here on February 14th, 2012 at 6:39 pm said:

How do you find it? need help fast

+ PobattiUSA on February 14th, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

@215

Use the Search function at the top of the Playstation Store screen

+ angelspawn77 on February 14th, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

SEARCH FUNCTION EVERYONE, LOOK UP MASS EFFECT 3 DEMO.

+ Krondelo on February 14th, 2012 at 6:41 pm said:

This is lame, at least you guys can start downloading. The store hasn’t even updated for me yet.

+ mike_iz_here on February 14th, 2012 at 6:42 pm said:

well I cant find it

+ mouthcrabdez on February 14th, 2012 at 6:42 pm said:

Wow. I uhh.

I got to 99%

And I was signed out of PSN.

Y u do dis.

+ angelspawn77 on February 14th, 2012 at 6:43 pm said:

9% my speed is pretty good, Will definitely be playing it tonight, just sucks how late it was available. The store isn’t even updated yet and we had to search for it, they really need to have a set time to update the store. It’s very annoying how it updates randomly.

+ maximus_19003 on February 14th, 2012 at 6:45 pm said:

select demo from the ps3 store then select new ps3 demo. it should be the third option

+ mike_iz_here on February 14th, 2012 at 6:46 pm said:

even when i search for it i cant find it :(

+ mike_iz_here on February 14th, 2012 at 6:47 pm said:

@221 thats gotham city for me

+ mouthcrabdez on February 14th, 2012 at 6:51 pm said:

I am now going to do the sensible thing and wait.

And then once all you jerks have got it I can download it worry-free! >;C

Just kidding, love ya’ guys. :B

+ Carnait on February 14th, 2012 at 6:57 pm said:

Just finished installing, someone else can have my bandwidth now, looking forward to seeing how this plays

+ mouthcrabdez on February 14th, 2012 at 7:08 pm said:

Wow. So slow. ; m ;

I’m pretty sure the Reapers took less time than this.

zing.

+ PobattiUSA on February 14th, 2012 at 7:18 pm said:

I’m now at 50% with 55 minutes remaining, and I’m only using a cheap T-Mobile USB Web&Walk dongle, you folks on broadband should have no trouble at all.

+ MERCENARY_DOW on February 14th, 2012 at 7:24 pm said:

@136

I’m not the biggest RPG fan, but I’ve played enough of them to know what works and what doesn’t, and a lot of ME1’s RPG features were poorly done, especially the inventory system. Customization was nice, but switching weapon/armor perks with the cumbersome sub-menu system made strategic combat quite difficult to do. The planet exploration outside the main story sucked, and the combat system needed major tweaking. Maybe Bioware didn’t have to omit some of those features for ME2, but I can’t say I miss it. ME1’s gameplay feels like a major step backwards.

So Bioware streamlined the RPG features, and suddenly, they’re pandering to the shooter crowd. I seriously doubt that. To put things in perspective, one gamer I know who’s played every RPG I can think of – from Final Fantasy to Guild Wars to Tales of Symphonia to Oblivion to World of Warcraft – HATED the first Mass Effect, because its flaws were too agonizing. Despite that, I convinced him to play ME2. Two weeks later, he’s racked up just about every achievement I’ve yet to accomplish, and I’m the bigger shooter fan.

And here you’re saying I represent the averse RPG gamer you loathe. Now that’s hilarious.

+ ziggurcat on February 14th, 2012 at 7:39 pm said:

@ The_Cowboy_Poet (#58):

i beg to differ. with an extra year of development on an updated engine, it should have been visually on par with the other version and not missing textures, different lighting, even different characters showing up in the cutscenes. and that’s not even mentioning the crashes, the disappearing save data or the inverted colours after checking your message inbox. so no, it wasn’t amazing on the PS3. and don’t get me started on the horrible frame rate issue in dragon age that never got fixed (due to laziness or incompetence, i can’t tell).

+ ziggurcat on February 14th, 2012 at 7:45 pm said:

@ Flyers108 (#58)

i wasn’t referring the store update – and actually, the store updates kind of depend on the people supplying the content. typically if the update is delayed, it’s because someone was late in getting their content to sony. of course, i’m not suggesting bioware had anything to do with the timing of today’s update.

as for ME2 – see my above comments. they’re fine for the other platforms, but they haven’t shown any competency on the PS3. too many annoying performance issues plague their games on the PS3.

+ Kiriko_Hattori on February 14th, 2012 at 8:23 pm said:

Didn’t finish the single player mode. But I’ve been playing multiplayer for the past half hour or so. I can’t put it down. So glad I pre-ordered this game. ^_^

+ Phunkle on February 14th, 2012 at 9:27 pm said:

Just finished the single player portion. It was awesome. I’ll try the multiplayer tomorrow

+ XxSpAwN2DiExX on February 14th, 2012 at 9:58 pm said:

It’s up on psn now. 30% already X) go to newest demos and it should be there by now. i might see some of you guys on the newly found and very skeptical multiplayer game.

+ Kchow23 on February 14th, 2012 at 10:35 pm said:

Looks amazing and I can’t wait to finally finish the trilogy!

+ DayNumberJ on February 14th, 2012 at 10:49 pm said:

I do not want to be an ass, where the hell is the bloody DEMO ?!?!?!?!!?

+ axelfolie1989 on February 15th, 2012 at 4:01 am said:

I’m from Germany and it’s 13:00 pm now. I thought the release date was yesterday evening. Am i wrong ?? If not where is the … demo?!

+ TTerminator97 on February 15th, 2012 at 5:00 am said:

Don’t worry i haven’t got the demo either D:

+ ealgle450 on February 15th, 2012 at 6:28 am said:

@mastorofpuppetz, you talk too much.

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 15th, 2012 at 8:06 am said:

@230 clueless, you never touched on the skills they took out, the lack of story and recycling of the plot from KOTOR *Build your team for a final battle YAWN). Why get rid of the mako and replace it with the moronic scanning game? All they had to do was improve the driving and land to drive on, instead they over react and got rid of it?

Same with inventory, instead of fixing why it was poor in the first one, they get rid of it.

Weapon upgrades – They totally gimped finding new weapons and place them in obvious spots in linear cooridoors. Zero exploration.

You ignore the poor superficial choices or world bioware creates, everything static.

The combat in 1 is identical to 2 lmao make up stuff much?

Mass Effect is a shooters RPG with very little RPG at all. It’s shallow and contrived with recycled npc’s.

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 15th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

You pretty much confirmed me is a shooter fan RPG lol, thanks for showing it.

+ mastorofpuppetz on February 15th, 2012 at 8:07 am said:

@240, what you going to do about it? Thought so.

+ ealgle450 on February 15th, 2012 at 8:33 am said:

Nope, just saying, since you’re pretty much being childish here about ” RPG’s ” and trying to bash on anything that gets in your way.

+ DeadMan12341 on February 15th, 2012 at 9:09 am said:

Does PSN hate me? Please please please update the Southern England PSN store I’m going mad.

+ DeadMan12341 on February 15th, 2012 at 9:13 am said:

@axelfolie1989 Um… according to the Playsation website it’s not available in Germany.

+ rekclay on February 15th, 2012 at 9:18 am said:

where the f*** is it

+ ealgle450 on February 15th, 2012 at 9:34 am said:

4:00pm and 8:00pm GMT. They said.

+ DeadMan12341 on February 15th, 2012 at 9:37 am said:

*sigh*

+ Matrix_Lion on February 15th, 2012 at 10:56 am said:

I saw a commercial for a game and I’m thinking WHOA! what game is this. It was Mass Effect 3. I’m downing the demo.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6