Far Cry 4

Start The Party! Save the World Comes to PSN on March 6th

Shaun Wharton's Avatar + Posted by Shaun Wharton on Feb 15, 2012 // Associate Producer

On March 6, we’re bringing PlayStation Move’s fun-filled Start The Party! franchise back for a brand new adventure with a heroic twist in Start The Party! Save the World. Available exclusively for PlayStation 3, this PSN downloadable title uses PlayStation Move and the latest augmented reality technology to turn you and up to three of your friends and family members into super heroes for the ultimate party experience.

Start The Party! Save the World

It’s up to you to save the world by thwarting the unbearable Dr. Terrible and his evil schemes while competing in 20 madcap mini-games. Using the PlayStation Eye camera, you can snap a photo to put your face in the center of the action and then use your PlayStation Move motion controller to save stranded divers, defuse bombs before they explode, splat mutant piranhas, battle dangerous dinosaurs and zap abominable alien invaders!

It’s easy to keep the party going – just pass your Move controller to your friends to let them join the fun or have them simultaneously jump into gameplay using a DualShock controller to either help or hinder the exciting on-screen action!

Start The Party! Save the World

Check out Start The Party! Save the World when it launches this March for $29.99 and see if you and your friends have what it takes to become the ultimate super heroes! Are you ready to Start The Party?

17 Comments

+ Major_Hoare on February 15th, 2012 at 10:10 am said:

Will purchase this on condition that Dr. Terrible is played by Neil Patrick Harris.

+ MEXRPG on February 15th, 2012 at 10:15 am said:

Is this an addon for ‘Start the Party’ or is this a separate game or do you get both? The description doesn’t really explain that. Thanks

+ ibalderrama on February 15th, 2012 at 10:29 am said:

My daughter loves this game, any idea how much???

+ Major_Hoare on February 15th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

@3

My best GUESS is that it’ll be available at retail for $29.99 this March.

+ Balargon on February 15th, 2012 at 10:47 am said:

Wooohooo, one of my favorite Move games.

Thanks for not leting Start the Party franchise die =)

+ ibalderrama on February 15th, 2012 at 11:16 am said:

@4 Thank u bro

+ cwsluke on February 15th, 2012 at 11:35 am said:

PS Plus discount? If so day 1 buy for me! I love this game!

+ cwsluke on February 15th, 2012 at 11:38 am said:

Oh and will this one have 3D? Just seems like this game would be easier to add 3D to. But wth do I know about implementing 3d lol.

+ ZERBE0643 on February 15th, 2012 at 12:13 pm said:

price????????

+ Curtisio on February 15th, 2012 at 12:31 pm said:

$30 sounds like a lot! I also want to know if this is an add on or separate game.

Non-the-less, I hope this sales like hotcakes!

+ Chuckbait on February 15th, 2012 at 12:34 pm said:

While Ape Escape for the Move is $20.00 and has been on sale before, this game costs $30….

Not to mention that Start the Party 1 costs ten bucks everywhere.

+ NotoriousGamer on February 15th, 2012 at 12:43 pm said:

Honestly I purchased the Move and it is collecting dust. There are no awesome games for it. MW3 does not support it. Uncharted 3 does not support it. I am not a causal games fan. PS3 is not a causal console.

Step up Sony. Force GTA5 to support Move and make GTA5 a PS3 exclusive or end up last place this generation.

+ direwolf808 on February 15th, 2012 at 1:40 pm said:

I was hoping for DLC add-ons, but I guess I can do with this one.

+ JLP_M on February 15th, 2012 at 4:07 pm said:

You don’t know how much I loved the first one! I bought it, and loved it! Everytime I visit or have family over, this is the game we play right away! This game actually convinced my cousin and a friend of mine to buy a PS3 and this game!

+ x_IRISH_BULL_x on February 16th, 2012 at 7:24 am said:

$29.99?!! Really? You probably would have made more money by making this an add-on DLC for the original game.

+ CaveBo on February 16th, 2012 at 7:54 am said:

Awesome! My kids and I LOVE “Start the Party!” It’s our favorite Move game! If the amount of content is fair for the price, I’ll download this day one!

+ FORMIK on February 16th, 2012 at 3:51 pm said:

#12,

The Move is great. Have you tried it with Resistance 3? Under Siege? I like that it caters to “hardcore” and “casual” alike, or is at least attempting to. This looks like something the others in my household would appreciate, as they’re not so much into the other games I mentioned.

Is it 20 random mini-games, or is there more depth than that?