Paragon

Feb 17

Feb 17

Join Us: PS Vita Midnight Launch Events

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar Posted by Sr. Social Media Manager

Vita-Lifestyle

I go through a sequence of phases when a big electronics product is announced. Starting with mild interest, I quickly transition into research mode where I find out everything I can about the device. By the time launch day rolls around, I’m worked into a frenzy and inevitably end up waiting in a line for midnight release. I’m Jeff Rubenstein, and I’m an early adopter. And I know that I’m not alone.

If you’re like me, please join us this coming Monday Tuesday night for Sony Store midnight launches in the following locations:

Towne Center at Boca Raton – Boca Raton, FL
Houston Galleria – Houston
Fashion Valley – San Diego
Century City Mall – Los Angeles
Valley Fair –  Santa Clara, CA
Flagship Sony Store – New York

It’s not a major gaming launch without a ritzy, glitzy New York launch event, and this one is open to you, the gaming public. We’ll start with the best part: the first 200 people to buy a PS Vita at our Sony Store event will get a free copy of ModNation Racers: Road Trip!

We’re flying in PS Vita development teams from around the country to meet and greet you, talk PS Vita games, and sign autographs. While you wait, hostesses will be bringing PS Vitas to you to play and enjoy. This will be the most fun line you’ve ever stood in!

The Sony Store is located at 550 Madison in Midtown New York, and the festivities start at 8pm!

So get there early — you *know* you want to be the gamer who gets handed the ceremonial First Vita from SCEA President and CEO Jack Tretton.

Jack Tretton

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Amans91 said:

February 18th, 6:24 pm

Why, why, whyyyy do I have to wait 3 more days for my Vita?!?!?! I am seriously extremely excited for it, can’t Weds come sooner?!?!?

UnnDunn said:

February 18th, 6:48 pm

What’ll happen if I show up with my Vita in hand? ;)

I was 4th to buy a PSP at the launch event in the Sony Store in New York. I kinda miss that experience. Sony treated us line-waiters right. It was a cold day with a mix of light snow and rain making everything miserable. Sony gave us free hot cocoa and blankets to brave the elements as we waited.

And the cameraderie in the line is always nice. Get to meet lots of great people in line.

So even though I already have my Vita from the FEB, part of me wants to go out there and wait in line again, just for the fun of it.

UnnDunn said:

February 18th, 6:56 pm

Oh, and let’s not forget the free deadmau5 show us PSP line-waiters got to see at the Sony Atrium before buying our PSPs…

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 18th, 11:18 pm

We’ll be doing something similar, yes :)

RGFORCE said:

February 18th, 8:49 pm

I got my bundle on wednesday . All I can say is that the ps vita is really good. There is a few things that need fix, but I’m sure SONY will be doing firmware updates. And I hope there is more games coming this tuesday one day before the systme release.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

February 18th, 11:18 pm

Yup, stay tuned to the store – games and apps incoming!

logicsquirrel said:

February 19th, 4:10 am

Aww i already have it pre-ordered else where.

l6074l said:

February 19th, 8:56 am

Nothing good ever happens in Wisconsin……..
Still more excited about Vita than anyone i know

King-Optimus_777 said:

February 19th, 10:51 am

Playstation Vita is awesome.

archGelan said:

February 19th, 4:27 pm

Why is Century City Mall – Los Angeles not a hotlink? Is it not happening there or what?

togue said:

February 19th, 6:28 pm

I bought Super Stardust before I activated with AT&T so now I won’t be receiving a free gift, QQ

hoklee said:

February 19th, 6:58 pm

Any chance we will see apps for the vita on the release date? (facebook , skype , twitter , youtube). already a owner here, :) lovin it!~

RealityisFake said:

February 20th, 1:12 am

I was very excited about the Vita until I found out these 4 things:

1. Uses a proprietary USB cable that can’t be used to charge the system
2. Uses a proprietary memory card, rather than a microSD card. At least you could have gone with the Memory Stick DUO so that I can continue to use all the ones I’ve been using for both my PSP and my Sony digital camera!
3. Uses AT&T for the 3G services
4. No video output!? That was one of the biggest reasons I bought my PSP 2000, not just for playing games but also for showing videos, pictures, and music to everyone on a big TV!

Shaysnewvita said:

February 20th, 1:13 pm

already got my bundle at the 15th.. got disappointed there was no facebook and no WAAR out when i bought it.. but i’ll probbley stand in line in florida also :D to get another 1

Lemm said:

February 20th, 4:24 pm

Jeff,

Are there going to be any Buy 2 Get 1 Free deals on the Playstation Store? I’m grabbing my Vita on Wednesday and I want to go digital only, but I’m seeing these B2G1 free deals at pretty much all retailers — Amazon, Target, GameStop, etc and I’ve heard nothing about Sony matching these for the PSN store for digital releases.

It’s really unfortunate that those that choose to go digital (which has a higher profit margin for Sony), appear to be getting the shaft, especially after paying $100 in many cases for a 32 GB card.

PAGE 1 2